MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that the rioters were much more organized and planned out than the police department. What pitiful excuses this police chief is making for what has happened in this city.

How did you come to this conclusion?

My goodness I have never uttered a racial slur in my life but I have called plenty of people the T word. Is this just taboo in America? I'm a little upset that I could be thought of as using a racial slur on these boards by using what I have always considered a perfectly reasonable term for a person of any race behaving in a certain manner.

I live in a large metropolitan city populated by nearly 3 million people comprised of every race, ethnicity, religion, culture, etc you can think of.

FWIW, I have never heard the "ug" word used with any racial connotation whatsoever. Around here, one's actions determine if that word is used to describe them, not the color of their skin.

Every post regarding the censored word will be deleted by an overworked moderator and likely this post as well. I hope this very important thread doesn't get shut down because of this extremely derailing discussion. :tos: :)

Point well taken, Schmae

Cars have been playing chicken with one line of cops

RSBM
-- Snipped for brevity, Emphasis mine.

In my opinion this is called 'domestic terrorism' -- the people who are destroying property, looting, and attacking law enforcement. And what an utterly despicable thing for the mayor to say !!! I think she should be held accountable for her loathsome words.
How would she like it if her home was looted and on fire from these losers who would call themselves 'protesters' ?

Maybe there are some of the domestic terrorists out there tonight who feel they have a 'right' to commit violence because they were bullied and targeted racially ? Well I have news for them : Other people have been racially targeted and have done nothing except go about their business as peaceful, law-abiding citizens , and these people do not go around slashing the hoses of firefighters . Sickening.

You cannot control what people say/do to you... but you CAN control your own actions !!

What a sad day for America. :( Sometimes I feel like the United Sates doesn't have to worry about being taken over by a hostile foreign power ; we are destroying ourselves from within.

:moo:

GREAT POST!!

I don't understand what is happening to the United States of America.
This makes me so sad.
Why is this all happening?
It's like the USA is changing rapidly...
Why is there so much anger, resentment, hatred?
What happened to us as a nation?
I grew up as an Army Brat! PROUD to be an American.
Why is America imploding on itself? And quickly!!
It's horrible!!

How did you come to this conclusion?

Replying to myself, because I watched the presser with Commissioner Bates. My impression, from video and news reports, was that the BPD responded as quickly as possible, but the numbers of looters coming from different directions was overwhelming.

I don't think BPD response on-the-ground should be judged by news reports.

Obviously I was being facetious, since my main point was that WS is not a democracy and is not covered by the First Amendment.

I do believe in the right of minorities to self-label, but that is a different issue and one not covered in the Constitution. It falls more under the category of "good manners".

I wonder if the NG has arrived yet?
Baltimore is burning to the ground.
The elderly and the very young are not getting proper medical attention, (amongst others), because EMS are unable to get to them in time.
Many, many LEO's are in the hospital suffering from wounds inflicted by criminal's.
I'm tired and fairly certain that I have missed some salient points in this thread.

I'm kind of interested in what is going on as this is big and the t word is really building tension. My tension as a matter of fact. There's lots of stuff I could say but this post will be deleted most likely, ha ha. It's not a racist description or word in AZ, we have a diverse population, maybe it's just small towns it is considered that or in some peoples minds, like hoodie wearers are bad? Just wanted to add that to the discussion. You come into a store hiding your face that's t like.

>>>Older white american/Indian/German/Dutch woman is going to go read twitter posts on what's happening with my ug like uggs & hoodie up on the patio. Who the heck cares? A tug is a tug no matter what race. jmo

Back to live & twitter news.

Oh wow .. FoxNews just hit a new low .. Mark Fuhrman? I can't even .. mind you CNN was no better earlier.

NG is there. They will be playing a sort of supportive role at first. Surrounding areas are sending officers too. But it will take time.

My goodness I have never uttered a racial slur in my life but I have called plenty of people the T word. Is this just taboo in America? I'm a little upset that I could be thought of as using a racial slur on these boards by using what I have always considered a perfectly reasonable term for a person of any race behaving in a certain manner.

We use it all the time in Australia and it has no racial overtones whatsoever (and let me tell you Aussie's are pretty openly racist at times) .. in the UK it's used for whites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member