MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no explanation as to why KB wasn't more proactive with taking PB to get her hair done. All those texts back and forth then you just give up trying to contact her even though you live ten minutes away? I don't feel she wanted to be bothered with PB that day and was probably glad to have a day off to go home and relax or do whatever. Even though PB stopped answering why does that mean the hair appt is canceled? If you're coming to get someone you're coming to get someone whether they're answering their phone or not.

Though KB does not get a pass from me on this, I do not think an actual appointment for a hair cut was made.

In Peas Interview 3, it came clear to me that this was discussed between DB and PB, but KB coming to pick PB up was not related to the hair and beauty stuff. Perhaps PB wanted to get her hair done that day, and was searching out potential options, but communication with DB ended before any set plans were in place, imo.

The plans with KB were to hang out and do stuff, go shopping, etc. In peas interview 3, KB said she had told earlier (Sun. or Mon.) PB her schedule for the week and let PB know when she was free to do stuff. PB called her that morning to say hey come pick me up when you get off of work. At least that's my understanding. It's all as clear as mud at this point, and open to so much interpretation.

You make a very good point--I think it is a very good possibility that KB had other things she wanted to do that afternoon than hang out with PB, and was relieved when she was given an "out" by PB not responding...

Though KB does not get a pass from me on this, I do not think an actual appointment for a hair cut was made.

In Peas Interview 3, it came clear to me that this was discussed between DB and PB, but KB coming to pick PB up was not related to the hair and beauty stuff. Perhaps PB wanted to get her hair done that day, and was searching out potential options, but communication with DB ended before any set plans were in place, imo.

The plans with KB were to hang out and do stuff, go shopping, etc. In peas interview 3, KB said she had told earlier (Sun. or Mon.) PB her schedule for the week and let PB know when she was free to do stuff. PB called her that morning to say hey come pick me up when you get off of work. At least that's my understanding. It's all as clear as mud at this point, and open to so much interpretation.

You make a very good point--I think it is a very good possibility that KB had other things she wanted to do that afternoon than hang out with PB, and was relieved when she was given an "out" by PB not responding...

Just seems odd that KB has a young half-sister who is visiting for the holidays, home alone and staying 10mins away and she doesn't drop by to check on her or call that afternoon to see what happened. Where is the concern?

Just seems odd that KB has a young half-sister who is visiting for the holidays, home alone and staying 10mins away and she doesn't drop by to check on her or call that afternoon to see what happened. Where is the concern?

I think it is a concern, and a contributing factor to the events that occurred that day. But I feel a lot of this is "hind-sight is 50-50". Looking back, it is awful. But at the moment, among the people involved, who can say?

Unless more information comes out, I think I would prefer to let KB's own mind and family be her judge and jury for that day. I do not believe KB had a role in PB's disappearance, and I feel for her. People make mistakes all the time. I've made many mistakes. Fortunately none of mine have been connected to horrific events for someone close to me. Assuming KB had no role in PB's disappearance, my heart goes out to her. She will never be the same, imo.

Search Continues for N.C. Teen Missing from Baltimore.

snippet from article:

The Baltimore Police Department, the FBI and Team Adam from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children are all working to follow any lead, in an effort to find her.

http://www.afro.com/sections/news/national/story.htm?storyid=3895

There really isn't much out there. I have to think that the family, as well as LE, is pretty sure of where this case is leading. They have their perps, and are just waiting for things to unfold. I feel like we are in "sit and wait" mode.

I think it is a concern, and a contributing factor to the events that occurred that day. But I feel a lot of this is "hind-sight is 50-50". Looking back, it is awful. But at the moment, among the people involved, who can say?

Unless more information comes out, I think I would prefer to let KB's own mind and family be her judge and jury for that day. I do not believe KB had a role in PB's disappearance, and I feel for her. People make mistakes all the time. I've made many mistakes. Fortunately none of mine have been connected to horrific events for someone close to me. Assuming KB had no role in PB's disappearance, my heart goes out to her. She will never be the same, imo.

:goodpost:

I agree. We know KB works in DC and we don't know if after leaving work in DC she immediately went to a location near her residence or went about running a few errands while she awaited a return call from PB.

jmo

Still no explanation as to why KB wasn't more proactive with taking PB to get her hair done. All those texts back and forth then you just give up trying to contact her even though you live ten minutes away? I don't feel she wanted to be bothered with PB that day and was probably glad to have a day off to go home and relax or do whatever. Even though PB stopped answering why does that mean the hair appt is canceled? If you're coming to get someone you're coming to get someone whether they're answering their phone or not.

I am so with you Natlock!!! In no way do I feel sorry for KB. I am outraged by her! Check out this video of JS. She talks in detail about a "hair appointment" and PB waiting on KB. JS also confirms that she was told by DB that MJ "was not living there" and DID NOT HAVE A KEY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyrphR7QDeA

Folks. We have already determined the hair appointment was not set in stone. There was no set appointment made and it was something discussed between PB and DB. We have no information whatsoever KB was even aware of a discussion between her sister and half sister regarding a possible hair appointment.

I'm not sure why the repeated pounding on the hair appointment when we have already discovered it was not a set appointment, but rather only a possibility of things PB was interested in doing that afternoon - which could have included a number of things including lunch, shopping.

We've also discovered KB works in DC which is not in proximity to her residence. We have NO information indicating KB was anywhere near the apartment that afternoon.

The following is blatently stolen from another WS moderator SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and updated to accurately reflect this case.

KB is a VICTIM in this case. She will not be drug through the mud. You can discuss what she has said or the decisions she made, obviously. But her sister has been abducted. Show a little respect.

Thank you.
Cubby
~mod squad

Folks. We have already determined the hair appointment was not set in stone. There was no set appointment made and it was something discussed between PB and DB. We have no information whatsoever KB was even aware of a discussion between her sister and half sister regarding a possible hair appointment.

I'm not sure why the repeated pounding on the hair appointment when we have already discovered it was not a set appointment, but rather only a possibility of things PB was interested in doing that afternoon - which could have included a number of things including lunch, shopping.

We've also discovered KB works in DC which is not in proximity to her residence. We have NO information indicating KB was anywhere near the apartment that afternoon.

The following is blatently stolen from another WS moderator SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and updated to accurately reflect this case.

KB is a VICTIM in this case. She will not be drug through the mud. You can discuss what she has said or the decisions she made, obviously. But her sister has been abducted. Show a little respect.

Thank you.
Cubby
~mod squad

With all do respect, we are not pounding KB about a hair appt. The purpose of the video was to demonstrate that PB was eagerly expecting the arrival of KB. That is not being disrespectful. How much respect did KB show by not arriving as planned? <mod snip>
JMO

With all do respect, we are not pounding KB about a hair appt. The purpose of the video was to demonstrate that PB was eagerly expecting the arrival of KB. That is not being disrespectful. How much respect did KB show by not arriving as planned? <mod snip>
JMO

I did not quote your post. Where moderator posts fall are at random.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum and per the sites owner that includes the family of any crime victim. JS, KB, and the rest of PB's family outside of the one we can be assured of that was at the apartment the morning and evening prior to PB's disappearance are treated as victims per Tricia the WS site owners wish for her site. We are her guests, this is her house and her wish is for WS to be a victim friendly forum. As well as her definition of what she considers a victim. If you have any questions or would like to discuss why you view no one besides PB a victim in this case I suggest contacting WS owner Tricia directly off forum to get further explanation on how she views victims and her definition of victim friendly.

Thank you,
Cubby

PS. It is NOT recommended to argue or discuss moderator decisions on forum. Those questions should be directed to a moderator off forum. All of the moderators can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the main forum page and clicking view forum leaders.

Additional info can be found here:

Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

also i read where mj was supposedly doing laundry that day is laundry room on same level as db basement apt. kinda spookey to be living next to laundry room if that the case. i want to know why lbc showed back up how would he know if anyone was going to be there or not. okay lets say lbc came back to apt door as locked nobody home now what does lbc do sit around outside until db or mj show up to let him in. how did lbc get back to apt? it not adding up

ok now i know exactly what apts they are
i lived in baltimore md behind the reisterstown plaza in the apts where they lived
briefly , in the year 2000 , the apts laundry room in each building was on the basement floor , there are many apts buildings there, there were no people usually hanging around inside hallways or outside the apts , it was relatively quiet there, i worked at that mall for a few months before i moved back to oklahoma, the walls in those apts are cement block , the apts didnt even have carpet it was all hard floor in all rooms , so i can see where no one would hear anything out side an apt there or next door since the walls were cement block

Having followed this case since the beginning, along with so many others, I've watched how the facts have evolved. In the beginning, MJ had the support of the Barnes. By the end of the first week of Jan the tide had shifted. Why this tide shifted, we are not privy to. It may have been evidence that emerged, it may have been the J-family ceased to be cooperative. Needless to say, the fact that DB and MJ were splitting had already created a rift between the two families, who by all accounts had grown pretty close over the last ten years, understandably so. That rift is now a Grand Canyon. Understandably so, given the facts as they stand.

A question: If MJ was not involved or had nothing to cover up, what would he gain by obstructing investigation? Is there anything?

Welcome, ttowngirl!!! And thanks for the inside info on the apartments.

:seeya:

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13782424

Posted: Jan 04, 2011 4:21 PM EST
Updated: Jan 26, 2011 5:08 PM EST

BALTIMORE, MD (WBTV) – The last person to see Phylicia Barnes before she disappeared in December has now hired an attorney, WBTV.com has confirmed. The man, who WBTV.com is not identifying by name because no charges have been filed, is the ex-boyfriend of Deena Barnes, Phylicia's half-sister.

Has it been verified or confirmed that someone other than DB and PB stayed over night in the apt? PB seemed to be okay when DB saw her sleep in the morning. Has anyone confirmed what time MJ left the apt after 9-ish am? He always speaks about what time he arrived there. MJ never says what time he left. I can't remember if he did. Has anyone asked, (did PB try to contact her sisters first)? If so, what time was the first call/text made? DB said she thought MJ was just coming once but PB said, yeah he here, he doing laundry. Was that the last actual voice to voice communications? Does anyone know if it has been stated, the where-abouts of MJ from 1:30 until 4:50? I can't seem to recall that. MJ often seems to mention that he drove here and there but did he ever say what car or truck he was driving or who does the vehicle belong to? For some reason, it was decided to search certain peoples vehicles. Did they ever say whose vehicles? There's so many different (times) and (stories) I get confused sometimes. Can someone fill me in.

also i read where mj was supposedly doing laundry that day is laundry room on same level as db basement apt. kinda spookey to be living next to laundry room if that the case. i want to know why lbc showed back up how would he know if anyone was going to be there or not. okay lets say lbc came back to apt door as locked nobody home now what does lbc do sit around outside until db or mj show up to let him in. how did lbc get back to apt? it not adding up

I thought the door was unlocked and the music was playing loud.

I've been checking on this case almost everyday. No changes. Her presence is dwindling from the local news here in the Baltimore area. This saddens me. I feel so bad for Phylicia and her parents and family, friends too. The pain her parents must be feeling, is unimaginable. I am amazed, but glad that they are able to collect themselves to speak out. How brave.

Honestly, if Janis and her family are angry at DB and MJ or KB or whoever, then I am ALL ON BOARD with their decision. Even so, I still say there is or was HINK the day/time Phylicia went missing--from THEIR apartment. And with the lack of clarity with the timeline, texts, and story, it just doesn't make them look good IMO.

Even if Phylicia was taken by someone unrelated to her Bmore family members, SOMEONE IN THIS TOWN KNOWS SOMETHING. Do Phylicia and her loving family a favor, BE a snitch. Come forward.

Has it been verified or confirmed that someone other than DB and PB stayed over night in the apt? PB seemed to be okay when DB saw her sleep in the morning. Has anyone confirmed what time MJ left the apt after 9-ish am? He always speaks about what time he arrived there. MJ never says what time he left. I can't remember if he did. Has anyone asked, (did PB try to contact her sisters first)? If so, what time was the first call/text made? DB said she thought MJ was just coming once but PB said, yeah he here, he doing laundry. Was that the last actual voice to voice communications? Does anyone know if it has been stated, the where-abouts of MJ from 1:30 until 4:50? I can't seem to recall that. MJ often seems to mention that he drove here and there but did he ever say what car or truck he was driving or who does the vehicle belong to? For some reason, it was decided to search certain peoples vehicles. Did they ever say whose vehicles? There's so many different (times) and (stories) I get confused sometimes. Can someone fill me in.

bbm

I do believe that it was verified that LBC spent the night there. By verified, I mean DB stating it, IIRC...? I'd have to look back over GJ's timeline (which is hard to do at the moment, as our internet is down and I'm surfing ever so s.l.o.w.l.y via cell phone tether. We're not far from Bmore and the area was hit last night with snow/ice).

But you raise another point which may tie into the whole 'luggage' or 'duffle' issue. If MJ was doing laundry but didn't live there anymore (as in, didn't stay the night there before, correct?), then he must have had something that he brought his laundry in: a duffle, suitcase, laundry bag, etc.

bbm

I do believe that it was verified that LBC spent the night there. By verified, I mean DB stating it, IIRC...? I'd have to look back over GJ's timeline (which is hard to do at the moment, as our internet is down and I'm surfing ever so s.l.o.w.l.y via cell phone tether. We're not far from Bmore and the area was hit last night with snow/ice).

But you raise another point which may tie into the whole 'luggage' or 'duffle' issue. If MJ was doing laundry but didn't live there anymore (as in, didn't stay the night there before, correct?), then he must have had something that he brought his laundry in: a duffle, suitcase, laundry bag, etc.

I fear MJ left with PB with packed clothing. Which means he could have dumped or destroyed the clothing he wore while commiting the crime and changed into something else prior to returning to wherever he left her. :(

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member