Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may have been assumed because it is quite odd that he is not wearing his shirt as he is leaving. I don’t think it’s common for burglars to walk around half naked. This is a strange video and I wonder how he entered the home. He seems to leave so casually out the front door. Just weird IMO
I’m a few pages behind but since that was in March. I wonder if he was already in the home when the young girl arrived home from school. Instead of being let in, he had already broken in. She was assaulted but not sexually. It appears to me that she slammed the door when he left, you can see the wreath bounce when she slams it. jMO

Definition of burglary from the Section 459 of the California Penal Code:

Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, shop, warehouse, store, mill, barn, stable, outhouse or other building, tent, vessel, as defined in Section 21 of the Harbors and Navigation Code, floating home, as defined in subdivision (d) of Section 18075.55 of the Health and Safety Code, railroad car, locked or sealed cargo container, whether or not mounted on a vehicle, trailer coach, as defined in Section 635 of the Vehicle Code, any house car, as defined in Section 362 of the Vehicle Code, inhabited camper, as defined in Section 243 of the Vehicle Code, vehicle as defined by the Vehicle Code, when the doors are locked, aircraft as defined by Section 21012 of the Public Utilities Code, or mine or any underground portion thereof, with intent to commit grand or petit larceny or any felony is guilty of burglary. As used in this chapter, “inhabited” means currently being used for dwelling purposes, whether occupied or not. A house, trailer, vessel designed for habitation, or portion of a building is currently being used for dwelling purposes if, at the time of the burglary, it was not occupied solely because a natural or other disaster caused the occupants to leave the premises.

Thanks. I think I said that.

Interesting. I wonder if LE took it down initially to preserve all of the various comments and likes that she'd received over the years (that way the "friend" couldn't access her page and try to edit or remove them). I wonder if some activity occurred overnight that they want to preserve?
That's interesting because I just was on the page early this morning...OH GEEZ, hopefully HCSO won't be knocking on my door today! LOL

Anyone else think that maybe he removed his shirt to conceal something he removed from the home in California? It looks like there is something underneath the item of clothing that he is holding as he makes his way out. Also, is that a gun holstered on his right hip maybe?

JMO
I think what you're seeing if his phone lit up in his pocket, but I could be wrong. And yes, the way he is carrying the shirt is odd to me, so maybe?

LAPD would have released the video of the suspect coming in the front door if they had it you'd think as it'd most likely provide a much better view of his face so he must have broke in or entered an unlocked door or window that was not seen on camera.

That is rather unfortunate for this situation because if we had an image of his face and shirt if he was wearing one prior to leaving those are things that would make him much more recognizable and could possibly help solve his identity and this case in a quicker manner.

I'm going to assume this would be the FB page for the "77th division" LAPD the 26th March 2023 'home invasion' occurred ... LAPD 77th Street Community Police Station
They sure don't post much on their social media. Our local sheriff's offices post daily, keeping citizens aware of what's going on. In the age of social media being where most people get their "news", I'm a little surprised they don't post really anything much. JMO

Respectfully, the video released from the home burglary in California, in March, was released in the hopes that people would be able to get as good a look as possible, at the suspect in Rachel Morin's murder. It wasn't released so that we can seek clues to the location of the burglary victim's house by mistaking wind chimes hanging from the porch, for a landmark in the background, or by spotting a potential shopping cart taken from Ralphs or Albertsons. Nothing in that video has anything at all to do with the Rachel Morin case, except for the man seen exiting the house. JMO

Respectfully, the video released from the home burglary in California, in March, was released in the hopes that people would be able to get as good a look as possible, at the suspect in Rachel Morin's murder. It wasn't released so that we can seek clues to the location of the burglary victim's house by mistaking wind chimes hanging from the porch, for a landmark in the background, or by spotting a potential shopping cart taken from Ralphs or Albertsons. Nothing in that video has anything at all to do with the Rachel Morin case, except for the man seen exiting the house. JMO
I agree... I'm not sleuthing the house, just answering someone's question and explaining that I don't think the shopping cart has anything to do with it. We know the house is in the 77th district of LA, which is really all we need to know.

Things I don’t quite understand:

—LAPD categorizes this “home invasion” as a burglary, but the guy walks out in the video with nothing that I can see.
—who breaks into a home and takes his shirt off just for the heck of it. He casually walks out like he has been sitting around watching TV or something.
—if it was not a sexual assault where did the DNA come from. I know you can get it from other sources.
—how was the young girl assaulted? Was she slapped, treated roughly to scare her?
—I’m just trying to figure out why LE in LA spent the money for DNA testing when they have really cut back on investigating crimes with minimal property loss.

I have the same thoughts. I don’t think that DNA would even have been looked for, unless this was a serious crime against a person. (I suppose, perhaps if the victim was the child of someone with political influence?)

MOO

Things I don’t quite understand:

—LAPD categorizes this “home invasion” as a burglary, but the guy walks out in the video with nothing that I can see.
—who breaks into a home and takes his shirt off just for the heck of it. He casually walks out like he has been sitting around watching TV or something.
—if it was not a sexual assault where did the DNA come from. I know you can get it from other sources.
—how was the young girl assaulted? Was she slapped, treated roughly to scare her?
—I’m just trying to figure out why LE in LA spent the money for DNA testing when they have really cut back on investigating crimes with minimal property loss.
Details about sexual assault of minors are often left out of the media

It might be, but that doesn't strike me as abnormal... It was such a problem near me that some stores started putting wheels on carts that lock if they're moved a certain distance away from the store. They're convenient to have in some cases.
It looks like a charcoal BBQ pit. In my area, very few people cook on gas grills. I think there’s only 1 set of wheels and an area to place your food container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141