Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEP 13, 2023
[...]

Harford County detectives believe the suspect is Latino, and because of this, Morin's family, with the help of their attorneys, placed ads with photos of the suspect on about 30 websites geared toward people who speak Spanish.

[...]

The digital campaign will appear on the websites when they are viewed in Harford County or Los Angeles.

[...]

The Maryland law firm representing the family said in a press statement on Tuesday that its law team has "reason to believe that individuals within the Hispanic community may have valuable information that could aid in identifying the suspect."

[...]

"He has to know someone in the area," Rebekah Morin said. "There's no way. You don't come from LA and go to Bel Air, Maryland."

Morin's family will be back at the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail at 3 p.m. on Saturday to hand out flyers.

They're asking anyone who would like to help to join them, especially those who speak Spanish.

[...]

Moo..maybe he works for a moving company? Many kinds of employment involved work crews that move where the work is. Baltimore is not that far away either. It does complicate matters if he is moving around the country, he might not be well known anywhere...moo

I don’t think what I’m suggesting is the most likely scenario, but I think what might best explain both the geography and timing of the crimes is if the guy is a college student, and is committing the crimes when he knows he’s not going to be in the area for long.

3/26 was the sunday of the week that for many colleges was spring break.

8/5 is right around the time a lot of kids home for the summer are heading back to school.

So in this framework, we have someone who is probably not exactly from Bel Air but from somewhere in the general area where he might at least know about it. I’d say most likely the inner burbs of Baltimore, or less likely DC or Philadelphia.

He could attend school many places, but most likely somewhere within a day’s drive of LA. Arizona, Vegas, elsewhere in California.

(Alternatively, rather than being a spring break thing, he could be a college athlete in town with the team. This would most likely put him at a PAC12 school, as USC is close to Watts, and would likely rule out him attending USC or UCLA, and also the Oregon and Washington schools as their school years start much later than 8/5)

This scenario would suggest a somewhat more organized perp than what it feels like, but it makes some sense to me.

Thoughts?

41 days ago Rachel Morin was violently murdered on a walking trail in Maryland. 29 days ago police released a photo of the man suspected of killing her. But still no arrest. Rachel’s brother joins me live tonight on@NewsNation at 9pmET when I fill-in for @danabrams.

If they still have the data, they have a phone that was in a specific part of LA on a specific day in March AND it was in that Bel Air park on a specific day in August...that is probably only 1 person or his best friend IMO

I don’t think what I’m suggesting is the most likely scenario, but I think what might best explain both the geography and timing of the crimes is if the guy is a college student, and is committing the crimes when he knows he’s not going to be in the area for long.

3/26 was the sunday of the week that for many colleges was spring break.

8/5 is right around the time a lot of kids home for the summer are heading back to school.

So in this framework, we have someone who is probably not exactly from Bel Air but from somewhere in the general area where he might at least know about it. I’d say most likely the inner burbs of Baltimore, or less likely DC or Philadelphia.

He could attend school many places, but most likely somewhere within a day’s drive of LA. Arizona, Vegas, elsewhere in California.

(Alternatively, rather than being a spring break thing, he could be a college athlete in town with the team. This would most likely put him at a PAC12 school, as USC is close to Watts, and would likely rule out him attending USC or UCLA, and also the Oregon and Washington schools as their school years start much later than 8/5)

This scenario would suggest a somewhat more organized perp than what it feels like, but it makes some sense to me.

Thoughts?
I’m not going to completely debunk this theory but realistically speaking do you not think he would be identified by now if he was in fact a student at the colleges you have me mentioned? but then again i feel like the Rachel morin case has still not reached to a wider audience so this is plausible…

SEP 15, 2023
[...]

Rachel Morin’s brother, Michael Morin, joined “Dan Abrams Live” on Friday to discuss the investigation, saying, “I wasn’t able to save my sister, but if we get this video out there and we get this guy’s name, we can save the next poor victim of this guy.”

[...]

“I mean, the heinous crime that happened in Los Angeles, and then what happened here, you know, the brutal murder of my sister in Bel Air, that’s 2,700 miles,” Michael Morin said. “So essentially, that makes his hunting ground national. So I’m sure that’s making it more difficult for law enforcement, as well.”

[...]

“The only thing we’re missing right now is a name,” Michael Morin said. “And that’s why my attorneys started that digital campaign. So hopefully, we can put a name to this guy’s face.”

[...]

A Maryland sheriff investigating the case believes the suspect responsible for her death has probably taken additional lives.

“What the sheriff had said, you know, they all believe that … he is a serial killer, and then he will kill again. That’s a scary thing,” Michael Morin said.

[...]

I’m not going to completely debunk this theory but realistically speaking do you not think he would be identified by now if he was in fact a student at the colleges you have me mentioned? but then again i feel like the Rachel morin case has still not reached to a wider audience so this is plausible…
No, I don’t think the odds of that are high at all, in large part for the exact reason you noted.

Why would he be more likely to have been ID’d if he was a student in Tucson or something than if he was a guy in any legit profession in any area well outside those in which the crimes took place?

Of course, as many have said, there is a strong possibility he is NOT in a legit profession, and for sure he would be less likely to have been ID’d in that event than in any of the above. That is absolutely true. But I think the odds are not really promising either way.

Hoping lots of people turn up. rbbm
''A canvassing will be held on Saturday by the family of Rachel Morin, the mother of five who was found dead along a popular trail in Bel Air.

Those who wish to attend the canvassing are asked to arrive at the Williams Street entrance of the Ma & Pa Trail at 3 p.m.''

SEP 16, 2023
On Saturday, Morin's family held a canvassing at the Ma & Pa Trailto cover more ground with the information about the suspect.

Fliers were made available in English and Spanish and a map was constructed that displayed different territories.

Rachel Morin canvassing.jpg

On Saturday afternoon, volunteers made up of family, friends and neighbors gathered at the trailhead on Williams Street to pass out flyers again.

The flyers list possible suspect traits compiled by a criminal profiler who worked with the Morin family, details about the case and where a person can submit a tip.

No break yet in finding the killer of this mother of 5, but genetic geneology will likely be the key and that can take months to develop a match so LE can conduct the requisite investigation to identify where relatives live and ultimaty pinpoint the killer.

In the meantime, because no one who knows him wants to turn him in, or because they don't know he is wanted, he is dangerous and could be anywhere among us.

Please use your platforms to spread the word.

BOLO for: Hispanic male 5'9" Husky/muscular build Bull legs Cauliflower Ear Snazzy hair cut (see pic)

P.S. Where is the frontal sketch. There was a victim who survived. Can she not help with a sketch?
Rachel Morin’s brother: Suspect’s hunting ground is national (newsnationnow.com)

SEP 16, 2023
On Saturday, Morin's family held a canvassing at the Ma & Pa Trailto cover more ground with the information about the suspect.

Fliers were made available in English and Spanish and a map was constructed that displayed different territories.

Rachel Morin canvassing.jpg

On Saturday afternoon, volunteers made up of family, friends and neighbors gathered at the trailhead on Williams Street to pass out flyers again.

The flyers list possible suspect traits compiled by a criminal profiler who worked with the Morin family, details about the case and where a person can submit a tip.
Is the star where she was found?

SEP 17, 2023
[...]

SM, Rachel’s sister-in-law, said the family felt called to launch the campaign in both English and Spanish.

[...]

SM said the trail was known as a popular, safe spot for families to enjoy before Rachel’s death.

“It’s not something you expect in that neighborhood. It’s never happened in that neighborhood before as far as any of us know,” SM said, later adding: “We don’t want this to happen to anybody else’s family. It’s not something anybody should have to go through.”

[...]

Rachel and SM were close and had known each other since they were teenagers. Losing Rachel, a devoted mother of five, has been “really traumatic” for SM, who says they would take their children trick-or-treating and celebrate Christmas together.

[...]

Anyone with information on the case is asked to call 410-836-7788.

just had a random idea about this- was there anyone who was out for RM's boyfriend enough to attack her? Did he have any enemies? In the beginning, it seemed odd that she had just mentioned him on social media...I am sure LE thought of this day 1, but the LA dna seemed so out of the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02