Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

"Rachel Morin's family have

'no doubts'

illegal migrant accused of her murder

has more victims

as investigators struggle to account for 10 months in the lead up to his arrest."

The suspected Salvadoran gang member accused of raping and killing a Maryland mom of five illegally snuck into the US three times in two months and was booted — before finally apparently eluding agents on his fourth try.

Victor Antonio Martinez-Hernandez, 23, illegally crossed the southern border once near El Paso, Texas, in January 2023, a second time that same month in New Mexico and a third time again in New Mexico in February 2023, Department of Homeland Security sources told The Post on Monday.

He was not caught, and about five months after that, allegedly killed Morin — a fitness buff with a cleaning business — in August 2023 while she was walking alone on the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail in Bel Air.

The mom’s naked body was found with signs of severe trauma, with her family saying it appeared “her head had been smashed in with a rock.”

JUN 17, 2024
Authorities on Monday announced Hernandez has waived extradition in Oklahoma, meaning he will be brought to Maryland to face charges, possibly within the next 10 days.

Speaking with CNN affiliate WBFF, Matt McMahon, the father of Morin’s eldest daughter, said that he felt “joy, relief, gratitude” at the news of Martinez-Hernandez’ arrest as well as sadness at the things Morin would never be able to experience.

McMahon and Morin’s daughter, 18-year-old Faye, is set to have her own daughter this year, he told WBFF.

“It’s a happy moment and a sad moment too because Rachel should be here for that moment,” he said. “And Faye should be able to give Rachel that news, to tell Rachel you’re going to be a grandmother. But she can never give that news.”

JUN 17, 2024
[...]

Victor Martinez Hernandez, 23, appeared in a black-and-white striped prison jumpsuit more than 1,200 miles away in Tulsa and spoke to the judge through an interpreter.

"We'll send people out and bring him back here and he'll be booked into our jail here in Harford County," Sheriff Jeff Gahler told WJZ Investigator Mike Hellgren following the hearing.

[...]

Deputies are still trying to pinpoint exactly where Martinez Hernandez was in Maryland—and when—in case there are other victims.

[...]

Harford County State's Attorney Alison Healy said she plans to try the case personally.

Her office will ask for no bail once Hernandez Martinez is brought back to Maryland.

"Additionally, this case will be submitted to the grand jury as quickly as possible for indictment, and further matters will then be scheduled by the court," her office wrote in a statement.

[...]

This is an amazing new technology and I am so glad it was used to catch Rachel's murderer.
My question is whether it is available and/or affordable to all LE, both big towns and small.

JMO
It is available to any law enforcement agency. We work with the smallest and largest agencies at the local, state, and federal level. They all get the same great outcomes.

If you consider it what it costs to work an investigation, DNA testing is incredibly cheap and it works real well.

"The suspect accused of killing Harford County mother of five Rachel Morin
faced a judge in Oklahoma
and waived his extradition hearing Monday afternoon,
clearing the way for his return to Maryland
to face first-degree murder charges.

Victor Martinez Hernandez, 23,
appeared in a black-and-white striped prison jumpsuit
more than 1,200 miles away in Tulsa
and spoke to the judge through an interpreter.

'We'll send people out and bring him back here
and he'll be booked into our jail here in Harford County',
Sheriff Jeff Gahler told WJZ Investigator Mike Hellgren following the hearing."

Matt McMahon is qouted in this article.
I have appreciated his dedication to working on the case...
I dunno... maybe I just love seeing early pictures of when he and Rachel were together...
Just a bit of melancholy...

Sorry it took us a minute to put something together!

Honored Othram could assist Harford County Sheriff's Office & the FBI to help identify the suspected rapist and murderer of Rachel Morin. He has been arrested and charged. We should be deploying this tech for active cases. We can't afford to wait, especially with serial predators that continue to harm others.

Rachel Morin's Suspected Rapist & Murderer is Arrested

I just always want to try to hug my computer when you guys are involved....

I hope @Tricia will set up a virtual love fest so we can all hug you through the air.

I was listening to Nancy Grace today and one of the panel members speculated that he could've been transporting narcotics, hence the geographical changes.
Being a serial rapist and murderer is also a good reason to stay on the move.

One wonderful thing about the DNA evidence in this case is that it shows the power of it. This guy could have gone on for years, banking on jurisdictional blindness.

Can you imagine this being used to catch highway and trucker serial killers? Getting them behind bars before their body count reaches double digits?

It really is the future of investing serial homicide and sexual assaults.

MOO

One wonderful thing about the DNA evidence in this case is that it shows the power of it. This guy could have gone on for years, banking on jurisdictional blindness.

Can you imagine this being used to catch highway and trucker serial killers? Getting them behind bars before their body count reaches double digits?

MOO

I hope more cases are solved using this, there's way too many unsolved murders/rapes, etc...

MOO
Hopefully the immediate future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member