Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me skeptical, but I don't believe in psychic abilities and/or "visions" that allow certain individuals to locate crime scenes and/or evidence expeditiously. What I do believe...is that people may sometimes come into possession of important information that lead them to want to quickly help LE...and that information may sometimes get passed on to a "psychic" eager to take credit. It sometimes helps the business/credibility of the psychic, and prevents the individual from having to explain to LE where the information they acquired actually came from.

JMO

The article also said he’s a Native American tracker.
In another interview, he said he was a SAR tracker
He could be both in the sense that he is a SAR tracker who also happens to be indigenous.

As a side note, with one exception, the government does not have "native American trackers". The one exception are members of the Tono Odhom tribe who assist the Border Patrol with tracking dangerous individuals, endangered migrants, drug smugglers when needed.

That aside, the government has other trackers in "stand by" who perform tracking duties when needed as either a vetted volunteer, or as a consultant. Some of these could well be natives, though the one I met was white.

As a further side note, Border Patrol trackers are very skilled, but their techniques are also tailored for speed and work best when the agent / tracker is familiar with the area.

Consultant trackers use techniques that are far slower, but don't require familiarity with the area. Thus, they are brought in to work alone, or to supplement Border Patrol trackers working in unfamiliar areas.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
@TommieClarkWBAL
confirmed with
@Harford_Sheriff
that a man telling various media outlets that he found Rachel Morin "did not find Rachel or witness her body. He has no firsthand knowledge of the crime scene."

I think it means his step daughter found her and described the scene to him.

He didn’t find or see her body.

If this guy’s stepdaughter was the one named in the scanner (not just a person with same name), I tend to think LE is just trying to cover it up because he did release important info. Which I think he shouldn’t have done. Tbh I would also expect an obstruction charge if he IS lying about everything. Assuming what he’s done falls under their definition of obstruction.

If this guy lied, I have no words. Gross, just awful.

Right now I tend to think he’s telling the truth but I’d like to wait and see if the police say or do anything else.

Eta: as another poster said, it could be that he specifically doesn’t have first-hand info. Not that his information is wrong. Still, this guy is way out of line. Imo

If this guy’s stepdaughter was the one named in the scanner (not just a person with same name), I tend to think LE is just trying to cover it up because he did release important info. Which I think he shouldn’t have done. Tbh I would also expect an obstruction charge if he IS lying about everything. Assuming what he’s done falls under their definition of obstruction.

If this guy lied, I have no words. Gross, just awful.

Right now I tend to think he’s telling the truth but I’d like to wait and see if the police say or do anything else.

Eta: as another poster said, it could be that he specifically doesn’t have first-hand info. Not that his information is wrong. Still, this guy is way out of line. Imo
I think he is being truthful as well. Are LE allowed to just straight up lie to the press/public to preserve the integrity of an investigation?

UPDATE:
@TommieClarkWBAL
confirmed with
@Harford_Sheriff
that a man telling various media outlets that he found Rachel Morin "did not find Rachel or witness her body. He has no firsthand knowledge of the crime scene."
My interpretation/translation: Attention journalists, please report news from legitimate sources only. You have been tricked into publishing hearsay without facts to back it up, and you are treading on ethically problematic grounds.

JMO

Last edited:
AUG 10, 2023
[...]

In an interview with DailyMail.com, Gabriszeski, a Native American tracker, said the pair had decided to check two drainage tunnels on the trail in Hartford County after noticing 'disturbances' on the ground close to the track where the fitness buff had taken a walk that night.

'Cecilia was the first person to see the body,' he said. 'She was hyperventilating really, really bad. And then the police told her to sit down.

'When she sat down, she realized she was sitting in a big pool of blood.'

[...]

'She was laying on her back, fully naked, and she had brutal head trauma...it looked like her head had been smashed in with a rock.

'There was a 15 to 20-foot blood trail. So, it looked like she had been beaten and dragged into that position.'

'It looked like (the killer) was trying to erase her identity,' the 48-year-old added.

'The right side of her face was gone.'

[...]

View attachment 440086
Disturbing stuff. I wonder if law enforcement really want all these details released?

@RebeccaPryorTV
·
10m

For clarification— Michael Gabriszeski did not initially locate the body. He says his step daughter did.
https://twitter.com/RebeccaPryorTV

When asked if the step daughter found the body, the sheriffs office said, “I can't confirm the identity of any witnesses or potential witnesses to the investigation, but I can say the individual you interviewed did not find her or see Rachel.”

Gabriszeski claims he did see the body being carried out.
When asked if he wasn’t in the area at all the sheriffs office replied, “He was not in viewing area of where she was found.”

Last edited:
I think it means his step daughter found her and described the scene to him.

He didn’t find or see her body.

I don’t think LE is lying. I think he truly didn’t see her or crime scene, but perhaps his daughter did. Moo

You honestly think he didn't go to the tunnel when notified by his step daughter that she found a body? He was right there searching one tunnel as she searched the other. The tunnels are side by side according to a picture posted up thread.

This is LE attempt at trying to control damage.

Disturbing stuff. I wonder if law enforcement really want all these details released?
They sure didn’t, otherwise they wouldn’t have made their statement. I believe they did so in order to take him out of the media completely. They didn’t say what he said wasn’t true, so I do believe he has all of that knowledge, just secondhand. but his continued exposé was surely inappropriate for multiple reasons.
Moo

Certainly possible. I guess my initial thought would be with an ex...the woman is typically most at risk when she first leaves that person...so I'd be interested in the timing of any past break-ups. Also, with an ex...they might have more ability to convince the victim to meet them alone someplace private, or get in a car with them...as opposed to having to surprise attack the victim on a public trail during the day. Hypothetically, if there were an ex that was recently released from incarceration...so they didn't have an opportunity to express their rage at the time of the break-up...and the victim likely wouldn't agree to meet them alone somewhere private, or get in their car...I'd think someone like that would jump to the top of a list of people LE might want to talk to.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member