Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AUG 10, 2023
[...]

In an interview with DailyMail.com, Gabriszeski, a Native American tracker, said the pair had decided to check two drainage tunnels on the trail in Hartford County after noticing 'disturbances' on the ground close to the track where the fitness buff had taken a walk that night.

'Cecilia was the first person to see the body,' he said. 'She was hyperventilating really, really bad. And then the police told her to sit down.

'When she sat down, she realized she was sitting in a big pool of blood.'

[...]

'She was laying on her back, fully naked, and she had brutal head trauma...it looked like her head had been smashed in with a rock.

'There was a 15 to 20-foot blood trail. So, it looked like she had been beaten and dragged into that position.'

'It looked like (the killer) was trying to erase her identity,' the 48-year-old added.

'The right side of her face was gone.'

[...]

1691672389297.png

Does anyone anyone else finds this a bit odd about what Mr Gabriszeski said in his interview. (The part that is bolded)

“A rock or a baseball bat,” he said, “And I didn't see any baseball diamonds. I did see big rocks. And my daughter said that there was a big rock down there that was all caked in blood.”

He can describe her injuries so graphically to include the comment about an open casket. Give his opinion on how he thinks the injuries to her head were inflicted by either a rock or a baseball bat. Seen a 15 - 20 foot blood trail leading from where she was beaten to where her body was lying. Say he seen "big rocks", BUT apparently he didn't see the rock "caked" in blood himself. Really??? He looked over the crime scene to be able to describe it with such detail, but apparently didn't see the bloody rock, but his daughter did.

And in the Daily Mail he now says he decided to check the tunnels after seeing a disturbance on the ground. What happened to his premonition about tunnels?

“I had never walked it myself,” he said.

But the former national park search and rescue officer has extensive experience tracking down missing people.

“I told my stepdaughter, I said look, she’s not going to be laying out in the open,” he said, “She's going to be tucked away.”

“I just kept seeing tunnels in my mind, I don’t know why, I just kept seeing tunnels,” he said.

Gabriszeski’s stepdaughter located the body in about an hour. They say the deadly discovery was made in a tunnel drain, not far from the trail’s Williams Street entrance.

“When I saw the tunnels, I got chills,” said Gabriszeski.

“I saw a terrible mess,” he said, “There's not going to be an open casket. I can guarantee you that.”

“A rock or a baseball bat,” he said, “And I didn't see any baseball diamonds. I did see big rocks. And my daughter said that there was a big rock down there that was all caked in blood.”

The body of Maryland mom of five Rachel Morin was discovered by one of her close friends – and it immediately seemed clear that she’d been murdered, the pal’s dad said.

Michael Gabriszeski said he and his daughter had joined other volunteers in looking for the missing 37-year-old mom when they found her remains in a drain of the Ma and Pa Heritage Trail in Bel Air on Sunday afternoon.

“I walked forward to search the one tunnel, and they searched the [other] one, and that’s where they found her,” he said of his daughter and another friend.

He said he was glad “to bring her home so she can find a final resting place.”

Last edited:

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> He’s a former national park search and rescue officer. He knows how the operation works. If he wanted to hide a body and keep it from ever being discovered he would have adequate expertise in doing so.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> He’s a former national park search and rescue officer. He knows how the operation works. If he wanted to hide a body and keep it from ever being discovered he would have adequate expertise in doing so.

JMO

I agree, for the same reasons.

Have we heard anything regarding taking/tracking her phone data?

Last edited by a moderator:
“I had never walked it myself,” he said.

But the former national park search and rescue officer has extensive experience tracking down missing people.

“I told my stepdaughter, I said look, she’s not going to be laying out in the open,” he said, “She's going to be tucked away.”

“I just kept seeing tunnels in my mind, I don’t know why, I just kept seeing tunnels,” he said.

Gabriszeski’s stepdaughter located the body in about an hour. They say the deadly discovery was made in a tunnel drain, not far from the trail’s Williams Street entrance.

“When I saw the tunnels, I got chills,” said Gabriszeski.

“I saw a terrible mess,” he said, “There's not going to be an open casket. I can guarantee you that.”

I find it odd that he immediately assumed she would be found deceased.

'She was laying on her back, fully naked, and she had brutal head trauma...it looked like her head had been smashed in with a rock.

Being found "fully naked" suggest sexual assault and makes the possibility of an ex or someone she was close having committed this crime less likely in my opinion, unless the scene was staged to look like she was possibly sexually assaulted.

JMO

Great post. I strongly believe this was a crime of opportunity. In addition to the factors you mention about personal safety, I think there is now such a strong interest in true crime that people want bragging rights for feeling like they have "solved" a case. There's a guy repeatedly posting comments on the official FB page of the police telling them to look at and interview the boyfriend.

Gee thanks, Sherlock Holmes, I'm sure the police would never have thought of that without your brilliant help!

P.S. Great username. Care for a cigarette?
HAHA, thank you! The truth is out there, but so are lies.

Interesting the "searcher" claims a rock caked with blood on it was left at the scene. Makes me think the killer was impulsive, and thus potentially sloppy...hopefully LE can get some DNA off of it. I lean strongly towards stranger or stalker...but either way, someone that knows those woods fairly well.

JMO

Been absent for a bit, but heard about this case and… So sad and tragic! Can’t imagine what she went through. And her poor family…. Life will never be the same again. It changed from one day to the next so drastically. I can’t imagine. RIP Rachel!

I don’t know, on this one I don’t suspect the boyfriend or even the very verbal searcher. I believe this is a crime of opportunity. It just has that “feel” to it, but I have been wrong before.

just read it. IMO

Just unreal. :mad:
Would have thought he'd know not to share those details with his "search and rescue experience "

moo

In an interview with DailyMail.com, Gabriszeski, a Native American tracker, said the pair had decided to check two drainage tunnels on the trail in Hartford County after noticing 'disturbances' on the ground close to the track where the fitness buff had taken a walk that night.
Interesting. I wonder if this individual is actually enrolled in and/or claimed by a Native American tribe...or is he what some might refer to as a "Pretendian"? I only ask because this individual does not appear super credible to me...and someone more educated please correct me here...but my understanding of Native American Trackers (aka Shadow Wolves) is that the tribes that have passed down this skill/tool to their members are generally located in the southwest US and plains states (not Maryland)...and also that there are very few of them...like probably less than 1,000 in the US.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member