Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's obviously a lot of speculation here, <modsnip: accusations against someone not named a POI/suspect> If the severe head trauma is true, it screams overkill to me. As for the body being found naked, I would think it either stems from SA or just wanting to humiliate/degrade her. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
So LE told his stepdaughter to sit down at an active crime scene and she actually sat down in blood?

Seriously????
Makes you wonder what other evidence might have been compromised at the crime scene.

The step daughter shouldn't have been anywhere near the crime scene, nor should anyone else, even before authorities arrived. As a SAR officer I would think he should have known to clear and secure the scene immediately upon finding the body. Not spend time there looking it over.

JMO

There's obviously a lot of speculation here, but<modsnip: accusations against someone not named a POI/suspect> If the severe head trauma is true, it screams overkill to me. As for the body being found naked, I would think it either stems from SA or just wanting to humiliate/degrade her. MOO.

And we would know none of this right now except that MG keeps on giving interviews with more details than the previous interview he does etc.

I don’t believe he’s involved. He’s a former national park search and rescue officer. He knows how the operation works. If he wanted to hide a body and keep it from ever being discovered he would have adequate expertise in doing so.

JMO

Just unreal. :mad:
Would have thought he'd know not to share those details with his "search and rescue experience "

moo

The article also said he’s a Native American tracker.

As someone with professional experience, he should know better than to describe how she was found and stop releasing all these prurient details.

This tragedy is about Rachel, not him, and he’s too involved with media exposure, imo.

If he’s really a pro at tracking, he should be working silently with LE to try to track evidence around the scene to help identify the killer.

He’s not the story. I wish he’d shut up and be helpful.

JMO

Last edited:
I watched the video interview. IMO, just a weird attention seeker looking for his fifteen seconds …
I am thinking he could be an attention seeker and a bonafide, but "complex person".

The above vagueness aside....

There is a U.S. war hero (now deceased, and thus best remains anonymous) who clearly fought bravely in combat with a high level of skill- even by the standards of his elite unit.

Yet this same war hero was also known for irreverent comments and for telling "fish tales" regarding peace time events that cast himself in a lead role regarding things that either flat out never happened- or did not happen the way he related with the role he described.

In short, the man was bonafide, but complex: He was a documented war hero, but liked attention, and also told "fish tales".

This guy could have the similar complexity, just not a war hero. But, perhaps with the same mix of real ability, attention seeking mixed with irreverent comments mixed with fish tales.

Last edited:

As someone with professional experience, he should know better than to describe how she was found and stop releasing all these prurient details.

This tragedy is about Rachel, not him, and he’s too involved with media exposure, imo.

If he’s really a pro at tracking, he should be working silently with LE to try to track evidence around the scene to help identify the killer.

He’s not the story, I wish he’d shut up and be helpful.

JMO

In another interview, he said he was a SAR tracker

Am flabbergasted at how this case is unfolding.
Have never heard of important(imo) details being released before there's a suspect named or even a poi.

That being said, if any of the accounts being revealed are true, I am so very sorry that Rachel's family has to get their precious loved one back in such a condition !
The added disgrace of being unclothed... and such a vicious attack.
Ugh.
I can't imagine.

Feels personal ?
Otoh, a random attacker could have as much fury & rage stored up to commit such a brutal act.
There are monsters walking this earth, and they're not mythical ones.
Omo.

He’s not the story, I wish he’d shut up and be helpful.

JMO
The irony is that "the tragedy is about Rachel, not him," is something MG said about RT's FB comment, ha.

Am flabbergasted at how this case is unfolding.
Have never heard of important(imo) details being released before there's a suspect named or even a poi.

That being said, if any of the accounts being revealed are true, I am so very sorry that Rachel's family has to get their precious loved one back in such a condition !
The added disgrace of being unclothed... and such a vicious attack.
Ugh.
I can't imagine.

Feels personal ?
Otoh, a random attacker could have as much fury & rage stored up to commit such a brutal act.
There are monsters walking this earth, and they're not mythical ones.
Omo.

Do LE know he’s giving out important details than have not been released yet?

I hope they have questioned him

There's obviously a lot of speculation here, <modsnip> If the severe head trauma is true, it screams overkill to me. As for the body being found naked, I would think it either stems from SA or just wanting to humiliate/degrade her. MOO.
What about a stalker? Someone that was obsessed, and didn't like the relationship that was recently made public?

JMO

Do LE know he’s giving out important details than have not been released yet?

I hope they have questioned him
I don't know; but yes I would hope LE have interviewed this person.

I admit I am wincing at what's being released. :(
If I remember rightly .. sometimes LE will release very little in hopes that a perp will reveal something hitherto unknown by the public ?
Omo.

IMO the fact her 'selfie' Facebook account has been taken down suggests LE could be looking into comments on her pics that were from 'fans' (creepy blokes). Obviously it removes the upsetting comments for her family that have been posted on it since too.

But I got a really icky vibe from many of those comments, before she was found.

Hopefully LE are on it and poor Rachel will eventually get justice.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members