Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Using a rock (if true) would keep suspects hands from being bruised/cut. If there was no sexual assault there could be no dna. I have not read/heard about her clothes. If true she was naked were her clothes there?

IF a rock was used, she still could have fought/scratched and have DNA under her fingernails.

They can't tell him anything - he has freedom of speech, right? They can and should ask, though, IMO.
Since apparently his step-daughter (and Rachel's friend, allegedly) was named as the caller to 911, it does seem incredibly likely that this man sadly saw exactly what he's telling the media he saw.

That being said, if LE knew that he saw her laying there deceased, wouldn't they have told him to keep those details to himself, to protect the integrity of the investigation? If they did tell him that, and he opted to be interviewed anyway, he'd be facing some charges. If they never did tell him that, then what appears to be damage control by them (telling the media he never saw anything) makes plenty of sense.

I really do wish he would have never granted a single interview, for the family's sake.

jmo

Since apparently his step-daughter (and Rachel's friend, allegedly) was named as the caller to 911, it does seem incredibly likely that this man sadly saw exactly what he's telling the media he saw.

That being said, if LE knew that he saw her laying there deceased, wouldn't they have told him to keep those details to himself, to protect the integrity of the investigation? If they did tell him that, and he opted to be interviewed anyway, he'd be facing some charges. If they never did tell him that, then what appears to be damage control by them (telling the media he never saw anything) makes plenty of sense.

I really do wish he would have never granted a single interview, for the family's sake.

jmo
BBM, and for his sake.

If what MG has stated is actually true, it sort of gives off the vibe the perp might have been a woman.

jmo
The victim appeared to be very physically fit - I think she would have fought back mightily unless she was immediately rendered unconscious.
MG "the tracker"reported there was a blood trail from the path to where the victim was found. If true, perhaps Rachel was taken off guard( wearing earbuds while running?) and maybe was struck in the side of the face /temple with blunt force from the rock rendering her unconscious. Then whomever did that, has to drag her off the trail down to the drain - bash her face in some more -strip her naked then get out of there with probably blood on them - unseen. You may be right about about a woman - less suspicious for sure and would not raise alarm bells - . As of now though I don't see it being a woman, but that means nothing.

It's such a brazen act, during an early evening hour on a well traveled trail. Very risky unless it was just a crime of opportunity where in that moment in time, randomly, she happened to be in space with no people and the perp was too - so they took advantage of the opportunity.
Parks and trails unfortunately do attract the predators/offenders waiting for their moment. And those lulls do occur.
ALl just IMO

The victim appeared to be very physically fit - I think she would have fought back mightily unless she was immediately rendered unconscious.
MG "the tracker"reported there was a blood trail from the path to where the victim was found. If true, perhaps Rachel was taken off guard( wearing earbuds while running?) and maybe was struck in the side of the face /temple with blunt force from the rock rendering her unconscious. Then whomever did that, has to drag her off the trail down to the drain - bash her face in some more -strip her naked then get out of there with probably blood on them - unseen. You may be right about about a woman - less suspicious for sure and would not raise alarm bells - . As of now though I don't see it being a woman, but that means nothing.

It's such a brazen act, during an early evening hour on a well traveled trail. Very risky unless it was just a crime of opportunity where in that moment in time, randomly, she happened to be in space with no people and the perp was too - so they took advantage of the opportunity.
Parks and trails unfortunately do attract the predators/offenders waiting for their moment. And those lulls do occur.
ALl just IMO
BBM

In the article in which MG described the blood trail, there is no mention of there being a "blood trail" from the "path" to where she was found. Is this your own description which you included "path" or are you quoting from another article?

'There was a 15 to 20-foot blood trail. So, it looked like she had been beaten and dragged into that position.'

How did you conclude the perp many be a women based off what MG has said?
Not a conclusion by any stretch. That Rachel's face was allegedly targetted, and that she was left humiliated even in death allegedly without clothing, possibly points to the jealous rage of a woman scorned (even if only in her own mind). If there isn't any evidence of a SA, it's even a stronger vibe it was possibly a woman.

jmo

BBM

In the article in which MG described the blood trail, there is no mention of there being a "blood trail" from the "path" to where she was found. Is this your own description which you included "path" or are you quoting from another article?
From the language you posted 'There was a 15 to 20-foot blood trail. So, it looked like she had been beaten and dragged into that position.' that was my own speculation/description - apologies if I forgot my ususal jmo. I don't think she voluntarily went into the woods off the trail - but that could have occurred - at this point obviously many things could have occurred - JMO

From the language you posted 'There was a 15 to 20-foot blood trail. So, it looked like she had been beaten and dragged into that position.' that was my own speculation/description - apologies if I forgot my ususal jmo. I don't think she voluntarily went into the woods off the trail - but that could have occurred - at this point obviously many things could have occurred - JMO
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't want anyone to get the idea that the blood trail led all the way from the walking "path" to where the body was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities