Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case reminds me so much of Missy Bevers' case in Texas. Does it remind anyone else? :mad:
It is reminding me of Karina Vetrano, the jogger in Queens who was attacked and killed while on a run on a late afternoon in August, 2016. She was hit on the back of the head with a rock and dragged off trail. (I'm not suggesting it was the same perp as Karina's killer is in jail - just that this crime reminded me of the Queens jogger.)

jmo

He knows way more than somebody should know about a crime scene.

His account is just too detailed for him not to have been there. Jmo
I think your on to something......

I wonder if DNA was found at the crime scene. MG sure wants to imply he was physically at the crime scene.... after the fact.

I'm just trying to figure out why MG is so adamant he was physically at the crime scene while LE is saying he wasn't.

Again, I wonder if any DNA was found at the crime scene.

;)
JMO

Last edited:
I think your on to something......

I wonder if DNA was found at the crime scene. MG sure wants to imply he was physically at the crime scene.... after the fact.

I'm just trying to figure out why MG is so adamant he was physically at the crime scene.

Again, I wonder if any DNA was found at the crime scene.

JMO
I haven’t gotten the idea he is suggesting he was at the crime scene. My understanding from his interviews is that he admits he didn’t find the body, but his stepdaughter did, so it seems obvious to me he is relaying what he heard from his stepdaughter, who was likely traumatized and shared details with him since he was there with her.

He should absolutely STFU, regardless.

Edited to add : I could have missed something, but I’ve only heard MG report that his stepdaughter found the body so I don’t feel he has ever misrepresented whether he saw what he describes. I’ve always gotten the impression he is describing what his stepdaughter told him, but I could have some confirmation bias going on.

I haven’t gotten the idea he is suggesting he was at the crime scene. My understanding from his interviews is that he admits he didn’t find the body, but his stepdaughter did, so it seems obvious to me he is relaying what he heard from his stepdaughter, who was likely traumatized and shared details with him since he was there with her.

He should absolutely STFU, regardless.

Edited to add : I could have missed something, but I’ve only heard MG report that his stepdaughter found the body so I don’t feel he has ever misrepresented whether he saw what he describes. I’ve always gotten the impression he is describing what his stepdaughter told him, but I could have some confirmation bias going on.
Per this article
"A father who found the body of Rachel Morin in a tunnel revealed chilling details about the discovery - as police say they have received 90 tips from the public about her death.

Michael Gabriszeski, whose daughter was friends with 37-year-old Rachel, joined the search and called police when he discovered her body in a drain in a tunnel on the Ma and Pa trail in Maryland."

JMO

Harford County Sheriff's Office

Sroostnepd8g7t045tl5mfi4918ah48140u1l6fu0237il183c0t0848i230 ·

#Helpuslocate #rachelmorin
Detectives have been made aware of potential witnesses that may have observed Rachel Morin on the trail. These individuals were walking on the Ma and PA trail from the Rt. 24 tunnel toward the split in the trail that leads to the Williams Street trailhead between 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm. These witnesses were described as either being 3 men, 2 women and 2 dogs OR 2 men, 3 women and 2 dogs.
If this is you, please reach out to Sgt. Maddox at maddoxc@harfordsheriff.org.
Thank you!

I'm not seeing how overfocusing on "tracker guy" is helping much...not a POI as of right now, so there isn't a need to dissect him at this point.
There have been instances where a seemingly unrelated person inserts themselves and becomes POI. They’re probably trying to get him cleared as we speak, moo.

The following comment from the Sheriff is interesting .... with all the calls for video and photo and anything folks can contribute ... and the statement that they don't have a solid suspect ... stressing that he doesn't think there is a threat is well ... telling. Don't you think? MOO

“We don’t have one solid suspect in this case,” Gahler said in an interview. While the sheriff advised residents to be cautious and pay attention to their surroundings, he stressed that he did not think there was a threat to the broader Bel Air community.
The Baltimore Banner Updated August 8, 2023

I 100% agree with you. Whether we are right or wrong, time will tell. But they must have some strong feelings about who is responsible. After all, they opened the trail to the public right away. That told me they aren't worried someone is roaming the streets hunting for victims.

jmo

AUG 10, 2023
The mother of hiker mom Rachel Morin, who was found dead over the weekend just off a Maryland trail, asked for “time and space” for the family to grieve over the tragic and unexpected loss.

[...]

“As a mom, I appreciate the outpouring of love and support from family, friends, and the worldwide community that grieves with me for my young daughter,” she wrote. “Thank you for caring. Truly.”

[...]

“We need the time and space to grieve as a family,” she said. “We have not forgotten our community. We just need time. . . I need time. It has only been 4 days since we received the horrific news. I ask that as mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters, that you would please have compassion on us and allow us this.”

The family walked the Ma and Pa Heritage trail together on Wednesday, posting photos of the family as they walked, Rebekah Morin said.

[...]

AUG 10, 2023
Police in Harford County have received over 200 tips in connection to the death of Rachel Morin, but many have been fake.

[...]

"If people are putting false information out there or guesses out there, coming up with their own theories of what happened and people are running with that, that can distract our investigation. Because if people have leads, we're going to follow up on those leads, and we want our detectives focused on things that are actual facts and not things that are made up by other people," Col. William Davis said.

[...]

Police said they have not ruled out the killing being a random act of violence, so they are warning walkers to watch their surroundings and avoid taking the path without a partner until a suspect is found.

[...]

AUG 10, 2023
Police in Harford County have received over 200 tips in connection to the death of Rachel Morin, but many have been fake.

[...]

"If people are putting false information out there or guesses out there, coming up with their own theories of what happened and people are running with that, that can distract our investigation. Because if people have leads, we're going to follow up on those leads, and we want our detectives focused on things that are actual facts and not things that are made up by other people," Col. William Davis said.

[...]

Police said they have not ruled out the killing being a random act of violence, so they are warning walkers to watch their surroundings and avoid taking the path without a partner until a suspect is found.

[...]
"My husband and I walk the dog three times a day and used to see her. She was out quite a bit. She was very fit and usually, I think, listening to music, and very noticeable because she was so beautiful, you could spot her," said an anonymous resident.

Sounds like Rachel frequented the area. I wonder if she ran the same route all the time/ at the same time on certain days? Someone there may have known her patterns, fixated on her and was waiting for her. And of course since she ran there a lot, she was most likely very comfortable and felt safe running alone there- JMO

JMO

"My husband and I walk the dog three times a day and used to see her. She was out quite a bit. She was very fit and usually, I think, listening to music, and very noticeable because she was so beautiful, you could spot her," said an anonymous resident.

Sounds like Rachel frequented the area. I wonder if she ran the same route all the time/ at the same time on certain days? Someone there may have known her patterns, fixated on her and was waiting for her. And of course since she ran there a lot, she was most likely very comfortable and felt safe running alone there- JMO

JMO

She's incredibly striking imo, which is precisely why it seems odd to me that no one saw her on the trail, or even enter it.

jmo

I'm not seeing how overfocusing on "tracker guy" is helping much...not a POI as of right now, so there isn't a need to dissect him at this point.
To date, the "tracker" has certainly been an interesting piece of the puzzle. Why he chose to place himself smack dab in the middle of things remains very curious to me. Could be something, could be nothing. Since all his narrative has been all over MSM I see no reason not to be aware and shine a light on it. As far as I know . granted from his account to MSM, it was his step daughter who found the body in the drain, at his direction, in about an hour after arriving at the park. To me that is a pretty significant event.
Talking about one thing does not preclude other discussion on other case aspects imo
ALL JMO

I'm thinking 1) whoever did this would be really stupid to hang around the same area...because LE is looking for them, and folks going out on the trail now may be better prepared to deal with an attacker (not walking alone, carrying personal defense equipment, etc.) and...2) there may also be individuals that live, work, or attend school on opposite sides of Hwy 24 that rely on that trail to get two and from work by bicycle/e-bike?

JMO
But look what happened to Rachel. I don't see LE taking that risk with the community they are charged with protecting. It can happen. Look at Moscow. But, if they place their chips on the wrong bet and lose there will chaos. This is why I'm wondering what they know. We know they know more than us. They always do.

jmo

Harford County Sheriff's Office

Sroostnepd8g7t045tl5mfi4918ah48140u1l6fu0237il183c0t0848i230 ·

#Helpuslocate #rachelmorin
Detectives have been made aware of potential witnesses that may have observed Rachel Morin on the trail. These individuals were walking on the Ma and PA trail from the Rt. 24 tunnel toward the split in the trail that leads to the Williams Street trailhead between 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm. These witnesses were described as either being 3 men, 2 women and 2 dogs OR 2 men, 3 women and 2 dogs.
If this is you, please reach out to Sgt. Maddox at maddoxc@harfordsheriff.org.
Thank you!
Interesting, hopefully this nets LE some fruitful eyewitnesses who have something valuable to say. Though you would have thought they would have came forward by now.

Kind of poorly written. At first I thought they were all together in a group, but that doesn’t make sense.

IMO, this could easily be a random crime of opportunity, not someone known to Rachel. It could have started as a sexual attack, but she put up a ferocious fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic