Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I actually wondered if Bella died and she was trying to give her a burial,in the water.
I read in this thread a reference somewhere that a friend said Bella hated the water. So if she accidentally ended up in the water (maybe due to a spasmodic attack as she died), I could see Robin desperately trying to get her out of the water.

I can honestly say I am amazed about the amount of false information and stories there are on this thread. It's really frustrating to see all this. I am a friend of Robin and Wayne. For clarification in regards to Bella - she was an 11 year old Great Dane (avg life span is 7-9) who had multiple tumors on her torso . Whoever reported blunt trauma obviously had no clue what an old frail dog with tumors looks like. The vet report also said Bella did not drown. We are waiting on results from vet but I would not be surprised if the results were "died of natural causes" or cancer related. She was old...

As far as being out late -- definitely not unusual for anyone on this island to be out that late on a Friday night --not unusal at all for people with a large social circle. This is a small island so if you were coming home and needed to pick up a few things its not an unusul stop on your way home. Where they live is dark at night and is a water front home with little frontage before you are at the waters edge with dangerous strong currents - especially with the strong north cold front winds.

We are still hopeful of finding Robin alive. We hope if she was abducted that she is well and stays strong. If we are faced with a tragedy we are still hoping it is an accident -- for her daughters sake and for her sake. We are in disbelief still and pray every day for her safe return.

I can honestly say I am amazed about the amount of false information and stories there are on this thread. It's really frustrating to see all this. I am a friend of Robin and Wayne. For clarification in regards to Bella - she was an 11 year old Great Dane (avg life span is 7-9) who had multiple tumors on her torso . Whoever reported blunt trauma obviously had no clue what an old frail dog with tumors looks like. The vet report also said Bella did not drown. We are waiting on results from vet but I would not be surprised if the results were "died of natural causes" or cancer related. She was old...

As far as being out late -- definitely not unusual for anyone on this island to be out that late on a Friday night --not unusal at all for people with a large social circle. This is a small island so if you were coming home and needed to pick up a few things its not an unusul stop on your way home. Where they live is dark at night and is a water front home with little frontage before you are at the waters edge with dangerous strong currents - especially with the strong north cold front winds.

We are still hopeful of finding Robin alive. We hope if she was abducted that she is well and stays strong. If we are faced with a tragedy we are still hoping it is an accident -- for her daughters sake and for her sake. We are in disbelief still and pray every day for her safe return.

Kentislandgirl....Welcome!!

Thank you for coming on here and filling us in. I understand that Bella was elderly. But do you think it is an odd coincidence that Bella is found deceased by the neighbors pier and Robin is missing? Did her husband say there was anything going on with Bella before he left the home at 11pm?

Welcome to WS!

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the trauma to Bella was first reported in the media.

Welcome to Websleuths. :) It was the media who reported the trauma to the dog initially. As others have pointed out, perhaps the tumors/water combination caused the dog to appear that way on a cursory first sighting. What I am wondering is why her things were left in the car, wallet, etc. It sounds like she just planned on running in and grabbing whatever it was that she wanted and/or needed and return to her car? Or is that something everyone does anyway in the community?

Did Robin have a pretty fixed route she would walk Bella?

ETA: Was the dog found with her collar on and leash attached?

No it was not - Bella's condition was officially reported by the Queen Anne County Sheriffs facebook page as "obvious blunt force trauma" which made them change the missing person status to "critical". No one knows why she left her things in the car - but I know I do when I have to run in somewhere for 5 min or 30 min - why would you take your purse inside if i wasn't staying? - it's a rural area and a quiet community. No details of the collar and leash but it would not be unusual for Bella to be walking around outside by herself with no leash -the yards are not fenced since they are on the water, the road is a dead end and there are only a 4 or 5 water front homes on the street. There were also reports on here that they weren't married long -- that is also false - they've been married as long as I've known them - 10+ years.

No it was not - Bella's condition was officially reported by the Queen Anne County Sheriffs facebook page as "obvious blunt force trauma" which made them change the missing person status to "critical". No one knows why she left her things in the car - but I know I do when I have to run in somewhere for 5 min or 30 min - why would you take your purse inside if i wasn't staying? - it's a rural area and a quiet community. No details of the collar and leash but it would not be unusual for Bella to be walking around outside by herself with no leash -the yards are not fenced since they are on the water, the road is a dead end and there are only a 4 or 5 water front homes on the street. There were also reports on here that they weren't married long -- that is also false - they've been married as long as I've known them - 10+ years.

I am so sorry that your friend is missing :(

Everything I have read here on WS, this far, was taken straight from main stream media, with perhaps some additional speculation. Our mods are excellent at keeping us all on good behavior.

As far as speculation about her husband, unfortunately, most missing people (who have come to harm) were perpetrated by the last one to see them. In this case, it's her husband. Doesn't mean it's true, but it is something to seriously look at. Most of the old hats here are well aware of the statistics.

Has anyone verified Robin's husband's whereabouts that night?

Hmm. Only scenario I can come up with that would not involve foul play would be that the dog could have gotten loose/gone missing while she was there and she went to look for it/had an accident of some kind.

The search for a missing Stevensville woman is on hold Wednesday. Police are blaming the winter weather.

Gigi Barnett reports the woman’s family is launching its own search.

snip

“Very suspicious circumstances. She communicated with her daughters several times a day. She has had no communication since Friday and a number of other things that are certainly out of the ordinary,” Shipley said.

snip

Police say once the weather passes, they’ll resume their efforts, too.

“We’re doing everything we can to determine where she is and what happened to her and, if a crime occurred, who’s responsible for that crime,” Shipley said.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/...earch-for-missing-stevensville-woman-to-stop/

I remember reading in one MSM that she had a medical condition that require daily meds. Any input on this? Hoping she safely makes it home!

KentIslandGirl, thank you for coming to this forum in Websleuths - especially because you can provide some clarifications and insight. I understand the frustration you feel in seeing thoughts & speculations discussed that you know are incorrect. I would feel the same way having a friend missing. Please know that we at WS do indeed care very much about missing persons and very much want to help (in any ways we can) to locate the missing and get answers for their family & law enforcement. I join with others who are sorry that your friends W & P have had this happen.

WS is a large group, composed of a variety of persons. Some have worked in LE/as investigators, have had personal experiences with missing persons in their family/ friends, and others have led & participated in efforts to get the word out and also provide "tips" to LE. Over the years, WS has been helpful in many cases. We appreciate having someone local or that knows the people involved come to provide the type of clarifications you are providing. Without that, we can only work with media reports - which we know can often be misleading or wrong. I hope you will continue to contribute to the discussion.

For example: I've read in media reports that Robin's personal items were in her car. I believe that in an early report the list included her cell phone. However, in a recent news report they listed keys, cash and purse - but did not specifically list her cell. Do you know whether her cell was found in her car? The reason I ask is that the location of the cell/it's pings could be helpful if not in her car or the house.

Thank you again for coming to this discussion as we all are hoping that RP can be located as soon as possible.

Edit: A couple questions about the neighborhood: over the past year, have there been any incidents of prowlers or break-ins with the homes? Due to the "isolated" nature of the area, are there areas on Beach Rd. where folks not from there "hang out" - esp on the weekends?

According to the missing FB Page the community is put together a search for March 10. Doesn't look like LE is involved with it.

Does anybody have info on the husband taking part in any of the searches?

If a shovel was found nearby, perhaps Bella passed away and Robin was burying her when someone came along?

Family Of Missing Stevensville Woman To Hold Community Search This Weekend

KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Gone without a trace. That’s the reality an Eastern Shore family is dealing with.

As police continue to search for their mother, the family is helping investigators with a search of their own.

State police are calling the disappearance of Robin Pope suspicious. Her family is too.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/...o-hold-community-search-this-weekend/#respond

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back