GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The mother in the blog listened to all the drunks in the bar who said he was a great guy.

There is no fixing stupid.

Forgive me if my mind is drawing a blank right now. What was the boy's name in the 80's that was killed by a SO in Florida and they made a law about him (not Adam). I seem to remember that they opened facilities to house SO's after they where released from prison and they where supposed to be able to keep them indefinately in these facilities from what I remember. Does anyone know what I am talking about??

Sleuthster...are you thinking of Jimmy Ryce>? I think it was the 90's..

Found it..

Jimmy Ryce Civil Commitment Act
http://www.law.fsu.edu/journals/lawreview/downloads/262/pres.pdf

What the heck happened with this???? I remember they opened facilities to house the SO's indefinately but I am still seeing they are released or never serve time but get probation etc. The registry doesnt work, they need something like the Jimmy Ryce Act to be put in place nationwide and for it to be enforced!

The legal system is flawed. It will not protect our children.
There are times we cannot protect our children as hard as we may try.
However helping the evils of society does not serve our children well.
When someone opens their home to predators (convicted or not), let's them know where a key is, and allows them to become familiar with the children inside the home, they've made that predators job so much easier.
I will not be so bold as to say I can protect my child against all predators but I certainly will not open the door for them, and I will do everything in my power to make it most difficult to have any access to my children.

I believe this is the point most are trying to make.

Even locking up and throwing away the key for first time offenders doesn't solve the problem because there are those who haven't been caught yet.

Parents, neighbors, and society need to protect our children. Look out for our children and keep them safe at all costs. The judicial system will not do this.

Have there been any further charges for Legg?
After reading what the ex-wife wrote I suspect there is abuse in his parents' home and I hope that DSS, as flawed as they are, will check on the well being of his sister's child(ren). I understood after reading that he lives with his parents and sister and sisters child(ren).

Seems to me that we have no idea how to fix the system - and as I read all the comments on what to do, one thought comes to mind:

Those who think the aunt should be charged with neglect resulting in homicide, or have the children taken away, would be better off writing a letter to that effect to the defense attorney who will be representing this monster. I would also include formal letters to the judge so sentences can be doled out appropriately. For those who think both should be punished, write to each the prosecuter, judge and defense attorney and DCFS.

For those who want full responsibility to go to the predator - write the judge and prosecuting attorney. Until we can change the system, that's the best I can suggest...not much I know. mho

ETA: oops - sorry, I was on a new laptop and it needed some adjustments.
The above was suggested because I find it personally offensive to call women 'pea brains', 'selfish' and all the other pejorative terminology used thus far. I also find it offensive for others to tell single moms what they should be thinking, how they should act, and if they don't listen, threaten them with sterilization.

How did we ever get to the point where blaming and fixing mom takes precedence over making the predator responsible. Is everything that happens to a child moms fault??? just my opinions

Who is saying anything about not holding the predator responsible? Is their some rule that says only on person per crime should be held responsible? Caretakers should definitely do some time when they fail to protect their kids.

Knowingly exposing your child to a child predator is the worst crime there is. IMO. Read through the threads here. The majority of crimes against children are caused by women who know their men are scum.

How did we ever get to the point where blaming and fixing mom takes precedence over making the predator responsible. Is everything that happens to a child moms fault??? just my opinions

I do not think that we are all saying that blaming mom takes precedence over making the predator responsible.

Maybe 30 years ago I would have thought differently, but now as a 50-year old woman who has heard, seen and read all kinds of stories about abuse and crimes against children -- my opinion is that once it is determined that a person is responsible for sexually assaulting, raping and/or killing a child, that person should be put to death -- for the protection of society. In turn, a woman who would put the children in her care at risk of being molested and/or harmed or killed by such a monster should have her children taken away from her -- at least until she understands what she needs to do to protect her children and why.

Children are a gift from the Creator, but many in this society look upon them as accessories and objects. Until we value our children more than we value ourselves, or our belongings, or our bank accounts, they will never be safe. Children are our future -- it is through our children that we live forever. Therefore, those who are sick and want to harm them need to be permanently removed from society. Sometimes I wonder if we have all forgotten the basics of survival for our species!

Two of my dogs are Karelian Bear Dogs-- originally bred in Finland to hunt bear, elk and other wild game and to protect herds from wild predators. These dogs usually roamed villages, keeping wild animals away. Over centuries, they were bred to be good with humans -- if one bit a person or child, the dog was killed so that characteristic of behavior was bred out of the breed. Sometimes I think we should be doing this with sex offenders.

There was another kidnapping in Wicomico County many years ago. Kathryn Quackenbush who has never been found.

There was one in Salisbury back in the 70's too. Troy Krause.

He was a young boy that was taken, molested and murdered on Halloween.
He was 10 or 11, IIRC.

Who is saying anything about not holding the predator responsible? Is their some rule that says only on person per crime should be held responsible? Caretakers should definitely do some time when they fail to protect their kids.

Knowingly exposing your child to a child predator is the worst crime there is. IMO. Read through the threads here. The majority of crimes against children are caused by women who know their men are scum.

Bravo SuziQ!

I am a local from this area. I have been busy holding vigil over my beloved 14 year old lab, Irwin, who has decided it's time to check out, so I haven't been at the computer until now. He is laying peacefully and is not pain, thank you God.

I can see the road where she was found on my drive to work in Salisbury everyday. I have been posting on the salisbury news blog writing just what you said and I've been taking alot of heat from the locals, particularly from the "friendoftheaunt" and "auntcarrie"....What a pitiful bunch! This child didn't stand a chance.

The most recent rumor I've heard is that TJL has been taken to the local hospital for stab wounds...waiting on the local news, www.wboc.com, to come on to see if there is a report.

Also, TJL dumped her body on the very road that Sarah's father lived at one time.....How creepy is that?

I'm not blaming the mother, but it's kind of an import export scenario. If a pedo wants to "import" a child into their reach, they have to find someone willing to "export" a child or they have to find a child unattended that they can "import". If our children were no longer left alone, as convenient "exports" and if our children were no longer exposed to strangers and told that they were good people, acceptable people, they would have to look elsewhere, find someone else willing to export. Stranger abductions constitute less than 1% of abductions because pedos are sick, but they are cowards, most won't risk grabbing a kid off the street, unless they know them. If we force the guardians to do their jobs, we push the pedos back to internet *advertiser censored* and dressing up hookers in schoolgirl outfits.
The point needs to be made, not only to the sickos but to the parents, the caregivers, the guardians:
Children are not commodities.

- The family of 11-year old Sarah Foxwell sent a message of gratitude to the community Saturday afternoon.
Pastor Bill Warren of Allen Memorial Baptist Church in Salisbury delivered the message live on WBOC and FOX 21.
In the message, he said the family wishes to express their profound appreciation to the community for their outpouring of support.
Pastor Warren talked about financial contributions. "The contributions are needed and welcomed", said Warren.
Contributors are asked to donate to the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund at any Farmers' Bank of Willards.

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11732862

- The family of 11-year old Sarah Foxwell sent a message of gratitude to the community Saturday afternoon.
Pastor Bill Warren of Allen Memorial Baptist Church in Salisbury delivered the message live on WBOC and FOX 21.
In the message, he said the family wishes to express their profound appreciation to the community for their outpouring of support.
Pastor Warren talked about financial contributions. "The contributions are needed and welcomed", said Warren.
Contributors are asked to donate to the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund at any Farmers' Bank of Willards.

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11732862

Financial contributions....of course...

Yes...of course the financial contributions...the teddy bears...the candles...it is all too sad and all too familiar...this happens way too often...and it even happens "locally" without much fanfare in cases where a "boyfriend" or "stepdad" or whatever beats a child to death...we have our local cases, you have yours...too many to even be "newsworthy" any more

We have some more RARE cases...that do make the news...when a middle/upper middle class child is "snatched" from a nice home....Polly Klaas....Elizabeth Smart....etc..

but...let's face it...it seems that a high % of these cases involve single moms with violent men that they put into their lives and lives of their kids....many of these cases, the child is already "familiar" to the respective state, since "social workers" have been there with complaints....many of these lizard men are repeat offenders...RSO's...in violation of something or other, should not even be there...many of these women are getting some sort of "aid" or help from the government..

family?? half the time it is step/half/various other relatives (ie aunt)...

yeah it takes a village to raise a child...but a GOOD village...not these villages of the dammed, not these inter connected druggies, criminals and freaks

let's put it all together....and try to make a change

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8