GUILTY MD - William McQuain, 11, Germantown, 30 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe in God, or at the least a higher power, but cases like this one REALLY test my faith. Why must a young, innocent child, who had so much promise, have to die at the hands of such a monster? When I saw the breaking news on the msnbc website, I was holding my granddaughter in my arms and I just burst into tears.

This is so damned unfair.

No child should be subjected to such indignities.

William's classmates and teammates are now going to have to try to deal with this tragedy--something that no young child should have to learn. How do you explain to a youngster that their friend was killed by someone who should have been protecting him?

It is no small miracle that William was found; God bless law enforcement and their dogged searches for him. With over 400 miles between Maryland and Charlotte, it was no doubt a daunting task trying to find him. Frankly, it is a wonder that he was found at all.

I hope that the prosecutors go for the death penalty in this case. Even then, justice will not be done.

Rest in peace, Jane and William. I can only pray that you are now reunited, and for all eternity you shall be each other's companions.

My only solace in this is that William is with his mother. I hope I am not being insensitive but I cant imagine what he must have witnessed and then to live without the most important person in his life. Now we know they are together.
Praying for all the victims in this tragedy.

The 23000 Clarksburg Road is right next to Clarksburg Elementary School. :(

Here's a map of the 23000 block of Clarksburg Rd.
A: 23000 Clarksburg Rd
B: 24000 Clarksburg Rd

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-18 at 12.34.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-18 at 12.34.24 PM.png
    484.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2011-10-18 at 12.36.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-18 at 12.36.43 PM.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 217
Police said video footage obtained from a storage unit off Wisteria Drive on Saturday, Oct. 1, showed William McQuain and his stepfather Curtis Lopez together.

"He showed no signs of distress and appeared to be in a playful mood," Innocenti said.
http://germantown.patch.com/articles/details-police-believe-they-ve-found-william-mcquain-s-remains:furious::furious::furious:

bbm

Reminds me of Shaniya with that monster, her little hand on his shoulder... :furious:

These innocent children. She didn't know any better than to stay in his arms rather than jump down and scream for help, and William didn't have any idea what was coming. Neither one did.

I'm thinking that CL must have killed William after the video, then gone back and told his mom... :(

Here is some more specific info about the location of Williams' body:

The body was found Tuesday morning by a K-9 officer in a wooded area of the westbound shoulder of Route 121 near Route 355 in the Clarksburg area.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...found/2011/10/18/gIQAPn4UuL_blog.html?hpid=z4

I've included a more detailed map... I'm thinking it's towards the westernmost tip of the area I outlined. There is a Liberty gas station there with a parking lot next to the a wooded area, so CL could have pulled into there rather than stopping on the side of the road.

RIP, William and Jane.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-18 at 1.24.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-18 at 1.24.22 PM.png
    425.8 KB · Views: 207
What an evil monster. May he NEVER have another moment of peace in his wretched life.

I am so very sad!! R.I.P. little guy. William has touched lives with his beautiful smile and energy. His mother has touched lives with her devotion to her son. I am SO very grateful for dedicated LE that continued the search in such a precise manner that they were able to find little William and lay his body to rest next to his dear mother.

May this monster get what is coming to him! I agree with katydid - no peace for him in this life or the next.

Curtis Lopez is indeed a monster. I hope William's beautiful smile and laughter haunt him all the remaining days of his life. It infuriates me so that sweet William's life was cut short while he had so much to offer to society and Curtis who is a menace to society remains to be a burden on society.

My daughter's all-star medal hangs from my vehicle's rear view mirror on a red, white and blue ribbon. She is missing the same teeth that William is in the picture of him with his medal. They have so much in common and it tears my heart out that this happened. His teammates will grieve his loss so much and so many of them will play their hearts out in his honor for more years than we will ever know. At one of the parks we frequent there is a memorial stone for a beautiful child taken too soon; at another a memorial tree; and tournaments played to keep their memory going. Sometimes they wear a special or favorite color of the teammate they are honoring. William's memory will be honored by his friends and teammates. Of that I am sure.

Rest in peace William and Jane.

I corrected my post above - the location actually is correct but my aging eyes read "library" instead of "Liberty". It was just west of the Clarksburg Liberty gas station...

Anna Mae Smith, manager of a Liberty gas station and food shop near the area where the body was found, saw the search unfold.

"I assumed what happened when I saw all the police," she said. "I knew they were over here searching, but I was also praying that somewhere along the line that they'd find the little boy lost in the woods."

"It's sad for the little fellow to be so close, yet so far away," she said. "It's heartbreaking. I don't understand how someone can kill a little child like that."

http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...germantown-boy-in-clarksburg&template=gazette

EP-710189949.jpg&maxw=600

http://www.gazette.net/storyimage/PN/20111018/NEWS/710189949/EP/1/2/EP-710189949.jpg&maxw=800

NO NO NO NO NO

WHY????

:cry:

William, I am so terribly sorry. If we could've, we would have all tried with everything that we have to save you. I feel like you would have been something "big" in this world. I hope you are being cradled in your mama's arms and surrounded by peace and love. I hope my grandmother has found her way to you- she will also take care of you and your lovely spirit forever.
You will never, ever be forgotten. Give your friends some happy signs from time to time, as they love you so very much and miss you. :rose:

UGH. I am sick over this. This one really has gotten to me. Hugs to all my WS friends following William...

29473469_240X320.jpg

bbm

Reminds me of Shaniya with that monster, her little hand on his shoulder... :furious:

These innocent children. She didn't know any better than to stay in his arms rather than jump down and scream for help, and William didn't have any idea what was coming. Neither one did.

I'm thinking that CL must have killed William after the video, then gone back and told his mom... :(

bbm

Just jumping off your post, belimom. This forum seemed as appropriate as any to post this. Last night I watched a report on BBC about deaths of children in the U.S. This country has the highest incidence of child deaths from abuse and neglect than any nation in the industrialized world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15331102

The report continued with Michael Petit, President of Every Child Matters, who explained the stats further and spoke of necessary solutions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/15345278

I know I'm preaching to the choir, so to speak, in posting this on WS, but I was pleased to see a news report about the problem and thought there may be others who would be interested in seeing these reports. Just imagine the outcry, hopefully, if MSM in the U.S. would blast this all over the airwaves over and over until the viewers were saturated and angry and demanding action. (mopo - my own personal opinion).

Like so many other WS'ers have posted, I am just sickened by the neglect and abuse of every innocent victim. And William should be in school today and looking forward to his next sporting event - not dead in the woods! (mopo)

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ain-in-Montgomery-County-132052118.html?chief

Body Found in Search for Missing William McQuain

The video shows Lopez and the boy entering and leaving a unit at the facility. According to police, the boy appeared to be in a playful mood in the video recording, showing no signs of distress. Investigators said the clothing on the body discovered Tuesday seems to match the clothes William McQuain wore that day.

Rest in Peace William and Jane!

I knew this perp wouldn't travel far with a body. I just knew it!

This case will haunt me. I have a 12 year old boy who has chickens this year. He just loves his chickens. He also plays baseball, so William's pictures just tear at my heart. {Group hug} to all my fellow websleuthers that are also heartbroken over this news.

The only solice I can possible take in this newest development is the fact that William appeared playful in the video. This is a double-edged sword, but in my mind, I am hoping that means that he did not witness the death of his mother. He obviously also did not anticipate what was coming next for him. It breaks my heart, but I sincerely hope that he was not terrified during those last crucial hours. Being tortured for hours with thoughts, fears, etc. would certainly make his death even worse for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr
Back