GUILTY MD - William McQuain, 11, Germantown, 30 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not that it matters, because he is a monster nonetheless, but he is not Will's father. He was an estranged ex of Will's mom.

Still crying over this at work. Hard to get anything done.... :(

Thanks. For some reason I thought he was Will's father. I am following too many cases, and the details are too hard for me to keep track of apparently.

I still cannot understand why he had to kill the child. That poor little guy.

Oh no...this is so sickening...I do not understand what has happened in this society that leads so many people to kill children. Whatever else has stayed the same over centuries, surely the murdering of children is one thing that has increased in modern times...just very hard to comprehend. And very sad, and a very bad sign for the future. JMO

Poor William, bless his heart.

So very sorry this happened to you William, I wanted to believe you had escaped any harm.
icon9.gif

I did too. I just find this case to be so distressing. Another child's life taken by someone so evil. It's a shame Will's mother couldn't see that before she got involved with that man.

Oh no...this is so sickening...I do not understand what has happened in this society that leads so many people to kill children. Whatever else has stayed the same over centuries, surely the murdering of children is one thing that has increased in modern times...just very hard to comprehend. And very sad, and a very bad sign for the future. JMO

Poor William, bless his heart.

I am never sure if there really are more children being killed....or if it's just harder to get away with it now.

RIP Will.

http://www.wjla.com/pictures/2011/10/photos-william-mcquain-search-ends-in-tragedy/10401-721.html - Slide show with some pics new to me.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/29517737/detail.html

"I want to find out, to get closure to the situation that happened to my little brother and his mom," said Marcus Coleman.

Tamera Seonarain, who coached William in football, was tearful in talking about him.

"William was the greatest, most beautiful, wonderful, cheerful child in the entire world," she said. "There is no reason that should have ever happened to him. Ever."

I am never sure if there really are more children being killed....or if it's just harder to get away with it now.

RIP Will.

I think there are more...and I think drugs probably are a major factor...

I think there are more...and I think drugs probably are a major factor...

Drugs have been around for tens of thousands of years....addiction is not a new problem.

I just wish it would stop. I may have to take another break from WS. I love kids, and I enjoy being around them.They say and do the cutest things, and they are so sweet. It's incomprehensible to me how anyone could harm a child, and I find these cases so depressing.

Drugs have been around for tens of thousands of years....addiction is not a new problem.

I just wish it would stop. I may have to take another break from WS. I love kids, and I enjoy being around them.They say and do the cutest things, and they are so sweet. It's incomprehensible to me how anyone could harm a child, and I find these cases so depressing.

I agree that drugs are not new, although some of the newer ones seem to provoke violence more than, say, opium, JMO.

Also families tended to live with various generations in the past, more support for parents with young children perhaps, more adults to go around to aid in their care.

Anyway, it is moot, as there is never an excuse to kill or harm a child...the only viable defense to kill anyone ever is self-defense, and that can never apply with a young child, IMO.

I am so sorry to hear that William was found deceased. RIP William :(

So heartbreaking! :( My heart goes out to his family, friends, teachers, coaches and all of those that loved him, and also to LE here in M.C. Such a tragedy and loss of a vibrant and promising life for such a handsome young man.

R.I.P. William and Jane.

For a moment he was ours, he smiled at us and our hearts were his.

We saw him in a baseball uniform doing what a child should do, enjoying life, being a boy, holding a little chicken too.

A part of you is with us, Will. A part of you stayed behind. Everyone will miss you and often wonder why, a boy so young would leave us, so many tears we cry.

Rest in peace sweet William, with Momma by our side.

RIP to this little guy and is mom. The video report WJLA aired last night showed a community in great pain...

Rest In Peace, William. :rose: Rest In Peace, Jane. :rose:

I love those photos of William at the petting zoo, and the ones with his Mom. :heart:

The only good news seems to be that they are together again, as they apparently always were, and the criminal is in jail.

Cases like this make me think that the penalties (prison terms) for serious crimes are not nearly harsh/long enough. If he hadn't been set free, this wouldn't have happened. :(

For a moment he was ours, he smiled at us and our hearts were his.

We saw him in a baseball uniform doing what a child should do, enjoying life, being a boy, holding a little chicken too.

A part of you is with us, Will. A part of you stayed behind. Everyone will miss you and often wonder why, a boy so young would leave us, so many tears we cry.

Rest in peace sweet William, with Momma by our side.

Thank you for that post! How beautiful!

This article has some new info in it...

“He was behaving like a typical 11-year-old,” said Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger. “Gliding up and down the pavement.”

What the 11-year-old didn’t know, authorities said, was that his mother had been beaten and stabbed to death in their nearby apartment. William was at the storage center happily waiting with the man police say killed his mother — Curtis Lopez, his stepfather.

By the end of the day, Oct. 1, police said, Lopez would also kill William and toss his body in the woods.

For days, police and volunteers conducted a massive search in hopes the boy would be found alive. Friends gathered for a vigil, and his football buddies put stickers on their helmets: “William McQuain. We ♥ U.” But Tuesday morning, hope turned to mourning when police said the boy’s body had been found in a wooded area just off a Clarksburg road. Detectives had focused on that area after tracking Lopez’s cellphone use.

“This confirmed our worst fears,” said Jeff McDermott, who coached William on a Little League All-Star team. “He was a great kid, a great player. He did everything we asked him to do.”

Lopez and Jane McQuain had a long and troubled relationship, but only days earlier the two had taken William on a vacation to Ocean City. A friend said Jane McQuain called from the beach, saying that she and Lopez had argued and that she was scared.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/2011/10/18/gIQAL8UovL_story.html?hpid=z4

What the 11-year-old didn’t know, authorities said, was that his mother had been beaten and stabbed to death in their nearby apartment. William was at the storage center happily waiting with the man police say killed his mother — Curtis Lopez, his stepfather.

Well, I'm relieved that it seems he did not know what happened to his mother.

I'm so sad to hear of the passing of this adorable little one and his mother. My heart breaks.

Peace be with you now, Will and Jane. :rose: :rose:

William, I'm sure your momma was glad to see you join her. I hope both of you didn't suffer. Rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille
Back