ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more suspicious is that I thought the mother's side of the family said that the two little girls slept in the same bed. Had to be uncomfy if one of them suffered from pain from her father falling on top of her.
I remember many years ago when I was with my daughter who had an appointment somewhere in town and it was not well-lit. I was carrying my grandaughter and tripped on a small curb - I will remember that fall forever. I cradled my grandaughter in both arms but held my arms out and up so she wouldn't get hurt. I hit the cement face-forward, first my knees then my elbows got "sanded" from the cement. But I did that instinctively, and yes, it hurt, but no way was I not going to do whatever I could to protect that baby. I never even thought of suing the business because of my bruises. I think as parents, we go by instinct, to protect those smaller helpless ones who we love with all our being. I didn't regard myself as brave, and that's not what I am looking for here....don't need any praises. What I did was to react without weighing any alternatives, and looking back, there were none. Just, save the baby, that was all.

So, why didn't the father take some hits for his little child?

I also wonder if the father was actually living at that home, or if he was used his sister to care for the "extra" little child he had latched onto. That would explain the later revised info that he had put Alya to bed at 8pm the night before, instead of a family member seeing her in bed at 10pm. And how strange that he learned of Alya missing, as in someone else discovered it and had to call him to come to the house and so he would be the one to report it to LE.

I am beyond making excuses for parents of children who disappear during the night. The real boogeyman is the one who was supposed to provide them with love and protect them from harm.

Who was it that heard it said on JVM that Dad has a lawyer? I have not seen that any other place except for a post here earlier tonight and it did not come up on NG...

I am so curious about the status of a LD test...can't believe Dad has not been asked to take one. Would make no sense at all, if he hasn't. LE needs to get that done ASAP in these cases, before the parent is feeling extra-defensive. Doubtful he will take one now, IMO.

Am also very curious about the vehicle heard to arrive and leave quickly at abou 3:30AM. Hope that pans out to be something useful.

Since Ayla was removed from the custody of her Mom, do we know if the Mom was even allowed to visit or speak on the phone with the baby?

Unless someone took Ayla for revenge or drug payment, I don't understand why anyone would take just Ayla and not both the babies. Her mother was in rehab for drugs. Maybe it was related to her drug usage, a debt, or revenge.

Not knowing more about the father its hard to say whether it could be relaliation against him for some reason.

Since CPS took Ayla from the grandparents, maybe there was something there that we are not aware of. Its hard to know why she was taken from them. Alcohol or drugs?

Regardless of the reason she was taken or disappeared, I hope and pray she will be found alive and well real soon.

Just now hearing about this case on NG. Dad had custody of baby because mom has been in rehab for 2 months.......where are all these babies going?? BRING THESE BABIES HOME SAFE!!!!!!!

I myself have a 2 year old boy, he still sleeps in a crib althought I'm really not sure if he's still supposed to or not, but because I'm afraid he'll will get out of the middle of the night even though the doors are locked tight....just sitting here reading this and SUCH a scary thought :( my stomach just completely turned.....

Given we are in a new school of babies just the just happen to "disappear in their beds" all of a sudden, I think there should be a "newly designed" protocol for police based on new the stats....as this is becoming an epidemic. The old school training seems to be treat parents as gold/Saints, SO they don't lawyer up, and they are usually helpful for the first bit, until LE asks hard questions. What can we learn from that?

I would like to see they COME DOWN HARD ON ANYONE WITH A MISSING CHILD. Of course the first priority is FINDING the missing child, but that starts with the last person that saw the missing "precious baby". I believe the innocent parents in the past will understand the importance of getting it right & agree to come DOWN HARD at the beginning.

I myself have a 2 year old boy, he still sleeps in a crib althought I'm really not sure if he's still supposed to or not, but because I'm afraid he'll will get out of the middle of the night even though the doors are locked tight....just sitting here reading this and SUCH a scary thought :( my stomach just completely turned.....

Bless your heart. :( In my experience, a 2 year old should never sleep in a crib because they can climb out easily and get hurt in the process when they fall out.

Unless you have a known sleepwalker, a child won't get up in the middle of the night and wander out into the darkness and disappear. They do sometimes get out of their beds and come beg to get into bed with parents or older siblings, though, much less a risk.

Since Ayla was removed from the custody of her Mom, do we know if the Mom was even allowed to visit or speak on the phone with the baby?

I have so many questions about mom... I do NOT believe her story on how she lost Ayla to her father. I don't think she had anything to do with her disappearance, but I'm not buying what she's selling either. I have 9 adopted children, from meth addicted mothers, and every. single. one. is a stellar liar (the mothers- well, and the children). Even the 2 I've become very good friends with. IMO DCFS should have been doing "welfare" checks to be sure Ayla was being properly cared for. and if mama was so upset at Ayla's care, why did SHE not raise the alarm with DCFS? IMO IMO

Who was it that heard it said on JVM that Dad has a lawyer? I have not seen that any other place except for a post here earlier tonight and it did not come up on NG...

I am so curious about the status of a LD test...can't believe Dad has not been asked to take one. Would make no sense at all, if he hasn't. LE needs to get that done ASAP in these cases, before the parent is feeling extra-defensive. Doubtful he will take one now, IMO.

Am also very curious about the vehicle heard to arrive and leave quickly at abou 3:30AM. Hope that pans out to be something useful.
I posted that statement. JVM's show posted the transcript within the last hour, so I read through it and it doesn't specifically state that the dad has actually chosen an attorney. She stated that the attorney for the dad is welcome on her show. I apologize. Please accept my apology.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/19/ijvm.01.html

These cases are making me sick. Substance abuse. Constantly.

That's all I have to say for now, other than please Lord, let there be a miracle here and Ayla is found safe!

:praying:

My money is on the father atm! I'm just now watching Nancy Grace from last night.

Nancy Grace just made an excellent point about how a 20 month old would not sleep for 12 hours without waking up. ALSO did anyone hear after that the sound of a child in the background when Trista was talking?

Except SOME babies that age DO sleep for that long. Neither of mine ever did, but some do.

Nancy Grace just made an excellent point about how a 20 month old would not sleep for 12 hours without waking up. ALSO did anyone hear after that the sound of a child in the background when Trista was talking?

I heard it. and Nancy Grace is full of it (she thinks everything in her little world is the general rule), sleeping 12 hours (like from 7-7) is NOT uncommon! I have 11 children, and have had several foster children. Not uncommon at all. Neither is a 20 month old waking for a bottle either, tho, as someone stated upthread. I've had that, too ;)

Bless your heart. :( In my experience, a 2 year old should never sleep in a crib because they can climb out easily and get hurt in the process when they fall out.

Unless you have a known sleepwalker, a child won't get up in the middle of the night and wander out into the darkness and disappear. They do sometimes get out of their beds and come beg to get into bed with parents or older siblings, though, much less a risk.

-----------------
We kept our son in a crib til he was over three. See we didnt have the money to buy another bed yet. My husband put the side way down so he could easily get in and out. That was the end though, he was quite tall, wound up 6' 1"".I agree about the wandering though, very seldom happens. its head for mom and dad, then back in his own bed.LOL..:seeya:

Lol well regardless of that I still think the fathers story stinks to high heaven. If he fell on the little girl two weeks ago there would have been more injury on her than just a broken arm. Especially if they fell going down the stairs. And if the mother was staying in a hotel they'd have that on record.

-----------------
We kept our son in a crib til he was over three. See we didnt have the money to buy another bed yet. My husband put the side way down so he could easily get in and out. That was the end though, he was quite tall, wound up 6' 1"".I agree about the wandering though, very seldom happens. its head for mom and dad, then back in his own bed.LOL..:seeya:

My two year old wakes up every night and comes straight to our room.. He has to run threw the bathroom and kitchen to get to us.. He's in a normal bed..but he falls right back to sleep.. Never ever have we found him wandering around the house or playing with toys in his room..

I have fallen twice while carrying my girls. Both times on the stairs.
Both times I broke my tailbone, because I fell backward instead of forward... and didn't grab anything because I held onto them.
I don't carry them down stairs anymore. I refuse. Unless they have an amputation or respiratory distress, they are walking.

LOL, yeah I think every kid must be different. I didn't sleep through the night till the night my brother was born (I was 8). My brother slept through the night from a very young age. ::shrug:: I guess what really matters is what was normal for Ayla, since there is so much variation between kids.

So I should have given my 8 year old daughter a baby brother if I wanted her to sleep through the night?
Why didn't somebody tell me that? :waitasec:
My just turned 8 year old daughter still wakes up at least once during the night and eats something. Every... single... night...
My 8, almost 9 year old... still can easily sleep 12 hours. She usually sleeps 9-8 or so.

At 20 months, she slept 12 hours easily without waking up. She slept 8 hours the night she came home from the hospital.
Her sister 10 months later who didn't sleep for more than 45 minutes until she was 4... was a huge adjustment.
That same difficult child, also has run outside in the snow more than once... and escaped in just a diaper for a half an hour once.
We have chain locks on all the doors, alarms on all the windows and she still sleeps in the same room as I do.

I would guess the child in the background was her 9 month old baby?

some stuff i haven't seen posted:

short interview with neighbor that heard car in this video

http://www.wmtw.com/video/30033560/detail.html

a little extra clip from the interview with TR on WMTV earlier
http://www.wmtw.com/video/30033639/detail.html

transcript of new clip

Reporter: From the kitchen table at her fathers house in Portland, TR says she hasn't slept since the call on Saturday, that her 20 month old baby named Ayla was missing from a Waterville home where she stayed with the father, JD. Reynolds says the couple, who were never married, had no legal custody arrangement, but they did have an agreement. Including around the time Trista was in rehab.

TR: The agreement was, was that if he took Ayla, if I let him take care of Ayla for the time being, for me to get back on my feet, he had to live with his mother because I thought it would have been the safest place for her to be. And..I was wrong.

JVM and NG transcripts:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/19/ng.01.html
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/19/ijvm.01.html

Waterville Police Department
Criminal Justice students learn about the "CSI Effect," which is the result of our current (and entertaining) TV dramas. It leads to the belief that investigations can be successfully concluded - and every mystery solved - in an hour. The fact is, many things take time: searches, interviews, and the like. We have an operational tempo that is exhausting, and Detectives who are committed to doing things RIGHT. The outpouring of public support and encouragement - from area residents, local businesses, and neighboring public safety agencies - is a testament to the goodness of people. Please stay with us in spirit as we work to bring this case to a successful conclusion.
6 hours ago

http://www.facebook.com/waterville.police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members