ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But as far as we know, the other adults in the home are backing the dad's story. They all said the child was put to bed about 8:30, IIRC.

I think if that was not true, and the child had been missing already for a day or so, then Dad would have been arrested already, imo.

IDK. What charge would they arrest him on? Lying to LE? If LE considers him a suspect in Ayla's disappearance and they arrest him on a lesser charge related to the case, would they be able to charge him later with a more serious crime such as (gulp!) murder if they are awaiting more substantial evidence? Wouldn't that be double jeopardy?

IDK. What charge would they arrest him on? Lying to LE? If LE considers him a suspect in Ayla's disappearance and they arrest him on a lesser charge related to the case, would they be able to charge him later with a more serious crime such as (gulp!) murder if they are awaiting more substantial evidence? Wouldn't that be double jeopardy?

I think that if he lied about the child being in bed that night and being kidnapped that he would be arrested for murder.

No it wouldn't be double jeopardy, only if he was charged with the same crime twice...murder charges can always be added on to to earlier charges if the victim is determined to be dead.

Happy New Year! Best wishes for a safe, healthy, & joy-filled 2012 to all. I hope that Ayla, and all the other missing we've been following, will come home this year.

I believe that JD is hiding behind two carefully written statements for the public. He is afraid that if he appears on camera, that the body language and vocal experts will be able to detect flaws in his story. I believe that he is covering up the truth on what happened to Ayla, and fears being asked new on-the-spot, bold questions by reporters.

I also am sure that he already has a defense attorney "on standby" for "no further questions" should LE ask him to appear at the station. That is now the get out of jail free card used by parents with suspicious claims about their missing children. When the chips are down, hire an attorney and refuse to speak to LE or in the courtroom. It werks, yep it do. Absolutely.

IMHO

:goodpost: These are some great points ... and I totally agree.

BBM: You "nailed it" about parents whose children are "missing" ... they hire a "defense attorney" and "shut up" ...

And worst of all IMO ... it hinders LE's investigation ...

May everyone have a Happy and Prosperous New Year !

:seeya:

:goodpost: These are some great points ... and I totally agree.

BBM: You "nailed it" about parents whose children are "missing" ... they hire a "defense attorney" and "shut up" ...

And worst of all IMO ... it hinders LE's investigation ...

May everyone have a Happy and Prosperous New Year !

:seeya:

In most cases, I think that is the whole point...and it too often seems to work.

I've been thinking....what if, and its a pretty big if, the dad really didn't have anything to do with this, but has an inkling of who actually did do it? If you look at the very carefully crafted statements he has made, it seems like they could be directed to an individual. Since LE is responsible for releasing these, I don't think its a stretch to think they may have had a hand in crafting them. Could this be why there is no media seeking on the father's side? Perhaps LE is afraid that the family could inadvertently provoke the kidnapper? Admittedly, I don't know much about how LE handles these things, but I would think if they had a suspect in mind, but didn't know where he/she was, they would have to proceed very slowly and cautiously for fear that the kidnapper would harm the child to hide evidence of the crime.

Again, not saying I even believe this, but I wanted to throw the possibility out there.

I've been thinking....what if, and its a pretty big if, the dad really didn't have anything to do with this, but has an inkling of who actually did do it? If you look at the very carefully crafted statements he has made, it seems like they could be directed to an individual. Since LE is responsible for releasing these, I don't think its a stretch to think they may have had a hand in crafting them. Could this be why there is no media seeking on the father's side? Perhaps LE is afraid that the family could inadvertently provoke the kidnapper? Admittedly, I don't know much about how LE handles these things, but I would think if they had a suspect in mind, but didn't know where he/she was, they would have to proceed very slowly and cautiously for fear that the kidnapper would harm the child to hide evidence of the crime.

Again, not saying I even believe this, but I wanted to throw the possibility out there.

The goal would be to retrieve the child as quickly as possible, if LE had any idea where she might be...not stretch it out and leave open the possibility of harm coming to her, if it hadn't already. I get the impression that "foul play" means a lot more than kidnapping or absconding, especially with the legal definition being much worse than that. If Dad offered any ideas or suggestions, I am sure they have been thoroughly checked out already. JMO

The goal would be to retrieve the child as quickly as possible, if LE had any idea where she might be...not stretch it out and leave open the possibility of harm coming to her, if it hadn't already. I get the impression that "foul play" means a lot more than kidnapping or absconding, especially with the legal definition being much worse than that. If Dad offered any ideas or suggestions, I am sure they have been thoroughly checked out already. JMO
You are probably right. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of everything. It all seems so odd to me. Parents are fully cooperating with LE, voluntary search of the residence, no attorneys intervening, vehicles searched and returned, house returned to occupants, evidence of foul play but no details, no suspects and no arrests? Shouldn't someone be stonewalling by now?

The mom said she talked with him prior to this appt. -- and at that time there was an issue of her wanting Ayla back and for dad to give up custody.

PRIOR to this phone conversation dad DID show up to all the doctor appts with Ayla.

I think there's reason to at least consider that dad didn't show up to this ONE appt because of something the mom may have said during the phone conversation the night before.

Links of transcripts of the mother answering questions veryifying she spoke with dad the night prior to the appt - and her stating that dad had been at all the previous appts are in the media thread.

I very respectfully disagree with this alternative theory, the fact that daddy would even consider NOT taking Ayla to the doctors because mummy wanted to go with him doesn't make sense. Again who would deny his baby girl medical attention because he had a beef with the mother. Not only this but he did take her to the doctors until he just didn't or more likely was no longer able to for whatever reason. One presumes if he ever or if whoever has her needs that cast removed there will be problems as her records will come into play. Unless of course this wonderful father hacks it off himself.

I very respectfully disagree with this alternative theory, the fact that daddy would even consider NOT taking Ayla to the doctors because mummy wanted to go with him doesn't make sense. Again who would deny his baby girl medical attention because he had a beef with the mother. Not only this but he did take her to the doctors until he just didn't or more likely was no longer able to for whatever reason. One presumes if he ever or if whoever has her needs that cast removed there will be problems as her records will come into play. Unless of course this wonderful father hacks it off himself.

But we only get that information, that he was keeping the child from doctor's care, from the mother's side. So we do not really know if it is a fact. Maybe he had found her a doctor in his town and was having the records sent over?

I do not know. Maybe he is the perp. But so far I am only hearing Mom's side of things. And I am wondering why. Maybe it is because dad and his extended family are guilty as He!!. But maybe it is because they have been told to lay low because LE knows more than we think they do. ????

All we can do it wait and see what happens, not having any idea of LE's actual focus, if they have one. I just hope they are close to actually finding her, in any event. I don't have any faith in these cases being resolved if the victim is not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay