ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On whether JD has a lawyer. I don't think there is anything definitive on the subject. I think it is more likely one of those things that came up, and people started running with it. This is from the JVM transcription, but I think it's transcribed incorrectly because it makes no sense.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wendy Murphy, how do cops break this logjam and find out what happened to this child?

MURPHY: Well, I think they actually know a lot more than they are letting on, Jane, which is often the case. Here`s the thing. You know, I think the mother`s lying is intentional, a kind of prop meant to distract us from paying attention to the baby`s father. I mean I still want to focus on him. I know he`s not a suspect and so forth, but how can we as a lawyer, and we can`t even know the lawyer`s identity, because maybe we would find out it`s a criminal lawyer? I don`t know.

I thought I heard WM say, "now he has a lawyer", but I could be wrong, and either way, imo, doesn't mean it's true or not true.

Mike Brooks was on the show, also. I wish JVM had asked him about the text he says JD claimed to have received that made him fear someone was going to take Ayla. As far as I know, MB is the only source for the text info.

On whether JD has a lawyer. I don't think there is anything definitive on the subject. I think it is more likely one of those things that came up, and people started running with it. This is from the JVM transcription, but I think it's transcribed incorrectly because it makes no sense.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wendy Murphy, how do cops break this logjam and find out what happened to this child?

MURPHY: Well, I think they actually know a lot more than they are letting on, Jane, which is often the case. Here`s the thing. You know, I think the mother`s lying is intentional, a kind of prop meant to distract us from paying attention to the baby`s father. I mean I still want to focus on him. I know he`s not a suspect and so forth, but how can we as a lawyer, and we can`t even know the lawyer`s identity, because maybe we would find out it`s a criminal lawyer? I don`t know.

I thought I heard WM say, "now he has a lawyer", but I could be wrong, and either way, imo, doesn't mean it's true or not true.

Mike Brooks was on the show, also. I wish JVM had asked him about the text he says JD claimed to have received that made him fear someone was going to take Ayla. As far as I know, MB is the only source for the text info.

Who is MB? I thought it was Trista who brought up JD texting her about a fear for Ayla...

Do you mean they will NOT say?

I mean, I would expect law enforcement to continue to respond--when asked--that the family is cooperating regardless of whether or not they consider one of the family members to be a person-of-interest or a suspect. Personally, I believe that they are focusing on JD right now. Did you notice from the press conference the statements regarding the processing of items they removed from the home? It was hard to hear the press conference, but I do believe that they ARE focusing on the father at this point. Of course, I hope that I am wrong and Ayla is alive and well. I also don't believe that the current dive searches are being conducted without some evidence that came to light focusing them on the river. JMOO.

Who is MB? I thought it was Trista who brought up JD texting her about a fear for Ayla...

I think you're right, and I got it mixed up. There was something that Mike Brooks brought up that nobody else has commented on. Let me see if I can find what it was.

I think you're right, and I got it mixed up. There was something that Mike Brooks brought up that nobody else has commented on. Let me see if I can find what it was.

I thought TR brought it up in the very first days of this case...but also have been unable to find a proper link. I think once HLN got a hold of it, it became somewhat mutated as though the text was from a potential abductor, rather than as I understood it, a text from JD to TR indicating some fear about someone taking Ayla. Although of course nothing has been confirmed either way, since no interviewer has thought to ask about this...JMO

I thought TR brought it up in the very first days of this case...but also have been unable to find a proper link. I think once HLN got a hold of it, it became somewhat mutated as though the text was from a potential abductor, rather than as I understood it, a text from JD to TR indicating some fear about someone taking Ayla. Although of course nothing has been confirmed either way, since no interviewer has thought to ask about this...JMO

When I heard it, it was Mike Brooks saying exactly what is bolded from your post. I haven't found a transcript for this at all.

<snipped> Personally, I believe that they are focusing on JD right now. Did you notice fro the press conference the statements regarding the processing of items they removed from the home? It was hard to hear the press conference, but I do believe that they ARE focusing on the father at this point. JMOO.<snipped>
It was hard to hear a few of the questions asked that weren't answered. All I heard about the processing of items taken in the search was that results were starting to come in. How did that result in your thinking they are focusing on JD Helen?
Here's a question: Who do we here on Websleuths think is responsible? Will there be a poll for this like on the Lisa forum?

Earlier on this thread I said I thought the people in the house that night were Justin, Portland woman, Sister, and the two kids. Today at the presser, he said there were 3 adults and 2 children, so I may be correct in my thinking. I still don't see why they want to keep private who was in the house that night.

I don't think LE believes anyone took Ayla from the home. I think they believe she did not leave there alive. I have no idea if they have a suspect in mind and it is just my opinion that this is where the invesitgation is heading. JMO

When I heard it, it was Mike Brooks saying exactly what is bolded from your post. I haven't found a transcript for this at all.

I remember seeing Mike Brooks say that too. I can't find a transcript for that, but JVM mentions it here:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/20/ijvm.01.html
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Ken Altshuler, radio host, you`re in the area. We also understand the mother had said that the father had texted her a few days before the child vanished and said, "Oh, I`m worried. I`m scared that somebody is going to take the child." Hmm.

KEN ALTSHULER, RADIO HOST: Jane, there are so many questions here, but let`s talk about DHHS. I`ve done hundreds of DHHS cases. You have to understand, now we don`t know, this is confidential. Did Trista agree to place custody with Justin? If Justin`s saying to her, "I`m scared someone is going to take the child," did Trista inform someone about that?
VELEZ-MITCHELL: So we`re getting the idea. They are -- they are doing searches. And I don`t mean to interrupt, but we want to cover so much material.

John Lieberman, investigative reporter, the father sends a text reportedly, according to the mom, to her a couple of days ago saying, "Oh, I think the child`s going to be taken." What do you make of that?

LIEBERMAN: First of all, who says that? I mean, that is something that is so unreasonable to say.

ETA: I have never seen Trista mention this.

It was hard to hear a few of the questions asked that weren't answered. All I heard about the processing of items taken in the search was that results were starting to come in. How did that result in your thinking they are focusing on JD Helen?
Here's a question: Who do we here on Websleuths think is responsible? Will there be a poll for this like on the Lisa forum?

Earlier on this thread I said I thought the people in the house that night were Justin, Portland woman, Sister, and the two kids. Today at the presser, he said there were 3 adults and 2 children, so I may be correct in my thinking. I still don't see why they want to keep private who was in the house that night.

Really? Three adults is several adults, I suppose. When the press took photos of the driveway, Justin in there and there is a woman holding a baby wearing a lion hat. That is not Justin's sister or his niece. I wonder if Ayla's aunt was there now. Why is this a secret unless the sister wasn't there that night? JMO

These texts should be easy enough for investigators to find. I haven't heard Trista mention the texts herself either.

I can swear I saw TR talking about this on one of the shows and that no one followed up on it...just can't find a link. :(

I know I heard Mike Brooks talking about it. I can't remember TR saying it, but not saying she didn't of course. I am still looking, too.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/11/n ... eadBoxNews
Dive teams search Kennebec River for Ayla Reynolds
--snipped--

An underwater search of the Kennebec River turned up no sign of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds on Wednesday, but authorities said that won’t damper their diligence in following up on leads and tips that continue to pour in.

McCausland said though the investigation continues on a daily basis, he did not expect any more intense searches like Wednesday’s this week.

Police have not publicly identified any suspects in the case, but McCausland said Wednesday they also have not ruled out any person or any scenario.

He said investigators welcome all the attention and on Tuesday urged members of Ayla’s family to continue to talk with reporters.

“We encouraged them to talk with the media to keep the story of Ayla in the headlines,” said McCausland, who also encouraged members of the public to come forward with any information at all, no matter how trivial it might seem.

http://www.wmtw.com/video/30188917/detail.html
http://www.wmtw.com/video/30188959/detail.html

Jan.11th LE Press Conference

not a full transcript:

Q: Are you operating under the assumption that Ayla is alive, or..? It's been three weeks, it is not likely she is alive.

Lt.Adam: Any scenario is a possibility. Okay. So we are looking at all scenarios. Okay. So, anything is a possibility. Okay. Nothing has been ruled out.

Q: You did notify Justin that you would be searching today is that correct? and said "not to be alarmed", is that a fair assessment?

A: I know Justin knew that we were going to dive today.

Q: The DiPietros said that they were advised by police to not discuss details with the media, is that correct?

Steve McCausland: Let me clarify that. Um, very early on in the investigation, in the first couple of days, we asked the principals involved not to speak to the media until we had a chance to talk with them firsthand. And they've all cooperated, they were all interviewed, and then I think there was a misunderstanding on their part that that was sort of like a permanent ban on talking to the media. It is not. We informed both Justin and his mother last night, both of which who have cited in some recent broadcast, uh, reports that police had asked them not to get into any details. Uh, we have clarified that with them, that we encourage them to talk to the media. Um, to keep this story of Ayla in the headlines. What better people to do that than her immediate family? And, we are encouraging all of the family members, both here in Waterville and in southern Maine, to keep her story in the forefront, and to keep her name in the headlines. I hope that has clarified that aspect.

Q: You processed that house for several weeks, when do you expect to get the results back from the crime lab?

S: Many of the- all of the items that were taken from the home are being analyzed at the state police crime lab in Augusta, uh, some of the preliminary information has already started to come forward to investigators. More work remains to be done. Details are not something we are going to get into, but that flow of information from the crime lab has begun.

Q: Police have said in the past that the immediate family is cooperative, would that still be a fair assessment?

S: The question is whether the family continues to cooperate, the answer is absolutely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. They have been available every time we have had a question. They have been available to have whatever interaction with us, and that continues.

Q: If you can't say who was in the house that night, can you share the number of adults and if they were there all night?

S: Um, there were three adults, and two children in the house. We stated that very early on. Not getting into any details as to who those people are.

Q: Do you feel you are closer to solving this case today than you were 4 weeks ago?

S: Uh, we, we are making progress. I can tell you honestly that as the days go on our concern grows, as it's been 26 days, but I can also tell you that we remain hopeful that we will bring her back to her home. And, all the efforts that the chief mentioned, that Lt.Adam mentioned, have gone into that task.

What part of this isn't alarming? Really?? I understand the desire for closure...heard/read a lot of families say that it was a relief when a missing loved one's remains were finally found because at least then they KNEW and could bring them home. Or maybe I don't understand it as much as I acknowledge it cognitively. Or maybe you (family of MP) are numbed to it after so many days of searching in the brush and draining ponds. But if someone told me, "Well, we're looking for your baby in the river," I'd be pretty alarmed. I think. I dunno. I don't have human babies; I have a furbaby and it physically hurts to think about looking for his little body in the water. :cry:

ETA. Going to hug him and give him a treat right now. :cat: Wow.

What part of this isn't alarming? Really?? I understand the desire for closure...heard/read a lot of families say that it was a relief when a missing loved one's remains were finally found because at least then they KNEW and could bring them home. Or maybe I don't understand it as much as I acknowledge it cognitively. Or maybe you (family of MP) are numbed to it after so many days of searching in the brush and draining ponds. But if someone told me, "Well, we're looking for your baby in the river," I'd be pretty alarmed. I think. I dunno. I don't have human babies; I have a furbaby and it physically hurts to think about looking for his little body in the water. :cry:

ETA. Going to hug him and give him a treat right now. :cat: Wow.

Just to be clear ~ it was the police that told Justin not to be alarmed right?

Oh dear lord. You are right...rolling my eyes at myself for this complete reading comprehension fail. *facepalm* :sigh: My brain is mush and now I am weepy. Oh well, at least the kitty got a treat and a cuddle out of it. :sigh: wtf, Jane?!

Not sure, but in any case, what a ridiculous thing to say. As though looking in a river could ever be a good sign...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper