ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three adults present? Just a guess....if one of those people was JDs girlfriend, I would imagine that the couple were likely enjoying a little "private time" apart from adult #3.

The fewer people there, even weirder, to me, that no one would look in on the babies...JMO

As far as who was in the Violette Avenue house the night Ayla disappeared, McCausland confirmed 5 people, 3 adults and 2 children. Phoebe DiPietro, Ayla's grandmother, says she and Justin Dipietro, Ayla's father, were there, as well as Ayla and her young cousin.

Boy oh boy, is this reporting ever WRONG....

http://www.wabi.tv/news/26700/amid-mounting-questions-dive-teams-search-for-ayla-reynolds
This kind of reporting makes me a bit angry. Watch, someone will be quoting this as fact later on.

Oh dear lord. You are right...rolling my eyes at myself for this complete reading comprehension fail. *facepalm* :sigh: My brain is mush and now I am weepy. Oh well, at least the kitty got a treat and a cuddle out of it. :sigh: wtf, Jane?!

No worries ~ I saw the same thing and had to re-read because I was shocked too!!

I noticed that the grandma stated she was afraid that her son was going to go kicking in doors looking for her.

"I...thought that I didn't want my son to go get any of his friends and go kicking in doors looking for her," DiPietro said.

Is JD a hothead? What about his friends? He seems to be calmly handing out flyers. Why would she think he would act like this?

http://www.necn.com/01/08/12/Ayla-R...ng_newengland.html?blockID=627080&feedID=4206

Speculation on my part, Dad isn't sober either. Now there is a car pulling up for a brief time that night,.... Is there an emoticon for alarms going off?

http://www.wmtw.com/video/30188917/detail.html
http://www.wmtw.com/video/30188959/detail.html

Jan.11th LE Press Conference

not a full transcript:

Q: Are you operating under the assumption that Ayla is alive, or..? It's been three weeks, it is not likely she is alive.

Lt.Adam: Any scenario is a possibility. Okay. So we are looking at all scenarios. Okay. So, anything is a possibility. Okay. Nothing has been ruled out.

Q: You did notify Justin that you would be searching today is that correct? and said "not to be alarmed", is that a fair assessment?

A: I know Justin knew that we were going to dive today.

Q: The DiPietros said that they were advised by police to not discuss details with the media, is that correct?

Steve McCausland: Let me clarify that. Um, very early on in the investigation, in the first couple of days, we asked the principals involved not to speak to the media until we had a chance to talk with them firsthand. And they've all cooperated, they were all interviewed, and then I think there was a misunderstanding on their part that that was sort of like a permanent ban on talking to the media. It is not. We informed both Justin and his mother last night, both of which who have cited in some recent broadcast, uh, reports that police had asked them not to get into any details. Uh, we have clarified that with them, that we encourage them to talk to the media. Um, to keep this story of Ayla in the headlines. What better people to do that than her immediate family? And, we are encouraging all of the family members, both here in Waterville and in southern Maine, to keep her story in the forefront, and to keep her name in the headlines. I hope that has clarified that aspect.

Q: You processed that house for several weeks, when do you expect to get the results back from the crime lab?

S: Many of the- all of the items that were taken from the home are being analyzed at the state police crime lab in Augusta, uh, some of the preliminary information has already started to come forward to investigators. More work remains to be done. Details are not something we are going to get into, but that flow of information from the crime lab has begun.

Q: Police have said in the past that the immediate family is cooperative, would that still be a fair assessment?

S: The question is whether the family continues to cooperate, the answer is absolutely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. They have been available every time we have had a question. They have been available to have whatever interaction with us, and that continues.

Q: If you can't say who was in the house that night, can you share the number of adults and if they were there all night?

S: Um, there were three adults, and two children in the house. We stated that very early on. Not getting into any details as to who those people are.

Q: Do you feel you are closer to solving this case today than you were 4 weeks ago?

S: Uh, we, we are making progress. I can tell you honestly that as the days go on our concern grows, as it's been 26 days, but I can also tell you that we remain hopeful that we will bring her back to her home. And, all the efforts that the chief mentioned, that Lt.Adam mentioned, have gone into that task.

Thank you for the transcripts. I am still wondering, after PD now allows the family to talk to the media, why the ID of the five people at the house that night is still being kept secret. :waitasec:

I have no link because it was something I saw on HLN on Vinnie's show this afternoon. But I swore he said that Justin's girlfriend's sister, whoever that is, was arrested for drug charges of some kind today. ????

I have no link because it was something I saw on HLN on Vinnie's show this afternoon. But I swore he said that Justin's girlfriend's sister, whoever that is, was arrested for drug charges of some kind today. ????

I heard that, too. Mike Brooks said it could be useful if the gf had revealed anything to her sister.

BBM
What part of this isn't alarming? Really?? I understand the desire for closure...heard/read a lot of families say that it was a relief when a missing loved one's remains were finally found because at least then they KNEW and could bring them home. Or maybe I don't understand it as much as I acknowledge it cognitively. Or maybe you (family of MP) are numbed to it after so many days of searching in the brush and draining ponds. But if someone told me, "Well, we're looking for your baby in the river," I'd be pretty alarmed. I think. I dunno. I don't have human babies; I have a furbaby and it physically hurts to think about looking for his little body in the water. :cry:

ETA. Going to hug him and give him a treat right now. :cat: Wow.
Me, too, unless I knew they would find nothing there.

http://www.wmtw.com/video/30188917/detail.html
http://www.wmtw.com/video/30188959/detail.html

Jan.11th LE Press Conference

not a full transcript:

Q: Are you operating under the assumption that Ayla is alive, or..? It's been three weeks, it is not likely she is alive.

Lt.Adam: Any scenario is a possibility. Okay. So we are looking at all scenarios. Okay. So, anything is a possibility. Okay. Nothing has been ruled out.

Q: You did notify Justin that you would be searching today is that correct? and said "not to be alarmed", is that a fair assessment?

A: I know Justin knew that we were going to dive today.

Q: The DiPietros said that they were advised by police to not discuss details with the media, is that correct?

Steve McCausland: Let me clarify that. Um, very early on in the investigation, in the first couple of days, we asked the principals involved not to speak to the media until we had a chance to talk with them firsthand. And they've all cooperated, they were all interviewed, and then I think there was a misunderstanding on their part that that was sort of like a permanent ban on talking to the media. It is not. We informed both Justin and his mother last night, both of which who have cited in some recent broadcast, uh, reports that police had asked them not to get into any details. Uh, we have clarified that with them, that we encourage them to talk to the media. Um, to keep this story of Ayla in the headlines. What better people to do that than her immediate family? And, we are encouraging all of the family members, both here in Waterville and in southern Maine, to keep her story in the forefront, and to keep her name in the headlines. I hope that has clarified that aspect.

Q: You processed that house for several weeks, when do you expect to get the results back from the crime lab?

S: Many of the- all of the items that were taken from the home are being analyzed at the state police crime lab in Augusta, uh, some of the preliminary information has already started to come forward to investigators. More work remains to be done. Details are not something we are going to get into, but that flow of information from the crime lab has begun.

Q: Police have said in the past that the immediate family is cooperative, would that still be a fair assessment?

S: The question is whether the family continues to cooperate, the answer is absolutely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. They have been available every time we have had a question. They have been available to have whatever interaction with us, and that continues.

Q: If you can't say who was in the house that night, can you share the number of adults and if they were there all night?

S: Um, there were three adults, and two children in the house. We stated that very early on. Not getting into any details as to who those people are.

Q: Do you feel you are closer to solving this case today than you were 4 weeks ago?

S: Uh, we, we are making progress. I can tell you honestly that as the days go on our concern grows, as it's been 26 days, but I can also tell you that we remain hopeful that we will bring her back to her home. And, all the efforts that the chief mentioned, that Lt.Adam mentioned, have gone into that task.
No confirmation that Justin was told by LE to not be alarmed. I'm wondering if Justin it telling himself this to keep himself more calm on his daughter.

I'm still thinking the girlfriend we haven't been told much about holds the answer.

MOO

BBM

Me, too, unless I knew they would find nothing there.

No confirmation that Justin was told by LE to not be alarmed. I'm wondering if Justin it telling himself this to keep himself more calm on his daughter.

I'm still thinking the girlfriend we haven't been told much about holds the answer.

MOO
I Totally Agee! Just the fact that questions directed towards theID of JDs gf is costa aptly deflected says tons to me. And the fact that it seems like her car was seized and investigated says there may be answers from or regarding her. when we find out the mMSM news about her sisters drug bust, maybe the gfs name will be revealed in MSM too. Sorry about typos, I am working on my iPadd and I am still getting used to it.

It was hard to hear a few of the questions asked that weren't answered. All I heard about the processing of items taken in the search was that results were starting to come in. How did that result in your thinking they are focusing on JD Helen?
Here's a question: Who do we here on Websleuths think is responsible? Will there be a poll for this like on the Lisa forum?

Earlier on this thread I said I thought the people in the house that night were Justin, Portland woman, Sister, and the two kids. Today at the presser, he said there were 3 adults and 2 children, so I may be correct in my thinking. I still don't see why they want to keep private who was in the house that night.

While I believe that law enforcement's focus has been on JD from the very beginning, the fact that they spent days processing his mother's home and removed several items to be processed is--in my opinion--even more telling. Then, at the press conference LE comfirms, in so many words, that they NEVER told the Dipietros' NOT to speak to the media, (with the exception of the first few days of Ayla's disappearance, which is normal), and proceed to encourage their talking to the media. I am thinking maybe along the lines of, "loose lips sink ships"....

Another thing--we haven't seen JD show his face in a media interview since his mother admitted to the nation on national television that she was not present on the evening that Ayla disappeared.

While I believe that law enforcement's focus has been on JD from the very beginning, the fact that they spent days processing his mother's home and removed several items to be processed is--in my opinion--even more telling. Then, at the press conference LE comfirms, in so many words, that they NEVER told the Dipietros not to speak to the media, (with the exception of the first few days of Ayla's disappearance, which is normal), and proceed to enocurage their talking to the media. I am thinking maybe along the lines of, "loose lips sink ships"....

Another thing--we haven't seen JD show his face in a media interview since his mother admitted to the nation on national television that she was not present on the evening that Ayla disappeared.

We'll probably see JD soon, he seems very sensitive to public opinion, IMO...

I am on my iPhone so I haven't had a chance to check out our local news websites, but I can confirm that our local news station just showed JD's gf's sister and said she was arrested this weekend on drug charges. I can't recall the amount of drugs but I believe it was alot. They also gave JD's gf's name. Not sure if I am allowed to post it without a link though so I will hold off.

I just hope none of this is related to little Ayla. :(

http://www.wabi.tv/news/26700/amid-mounting-questions-dive-teams-search-for-ayla-reynolds

McCausland was asked if the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency was involved in the investigation. He said the MDEA "is aware of it."

When asked about the speculation that Ayla's disappearance is drug related, McCausland said "that's an investigative detail we're just not going to get into."

This is the same article that says Grandma was there...was she or wasn't she? Why is this such a cluster****?

Not sure, but in any case, what a ridiculous thing to say. As though looking in a river could ever be a good sign...

The police have to show they are doing searches because if they didn't there would certainly be an upcry. I have seen many water searches done in and around areas of a missing loved one and not due to any reason of foul play, nor tips/leads. I think clearly from this press conference that the police believe that Ayla was in fact abducted and the following is a clear indication of such. (Note: they would not even make a statement as this if they felt for a moment that a missing loved one was deceased . In my experience and opinion,they would not have answered as they did below.

Also, because a water search is being conducted does not necessarily mean they are looking for a human body. They may be looking for evidence of some sort that we are not privy to.) Statement: Q: Do you feel you are closer to solving this case today than you were 4 weeks ago?

S: Uh, we, we are making progress. I can tell you honestly that as the days go on our concern grows, as it's been 26 days, but I can also tell you that we remain hopeful that we will bring her back to her home. And, all the efforts that the chief mentioned, that Lt.Adam mentioned, have gone into that task. (He could have just stated "we are making progress and hope to have this solved soon." if they believed Ayla was harmed...his comments lead me to believe that they indeed believe she was abducted. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper