ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped from : http://bangordailynews.com/2012/04/...-waterville-may-relate-to-ayla-reynolds-case/

Items were recovered by investigators behind the Hathaway Creative Center in Waterville. McCausland would not disclose what the items were.

McCausland said the items might relate to Reynolds, the 20-month-old who went missing from her father’s home on Dec. 17 in Waterville, or “they may have no relationship,” he said.

JMO ... but LE has NOT given up on Ayla ...

They are looking at anything and everything that is found ... and forwarding these items to the lab !

:please: bring Ayla home !

Oh my! I wonder what it could be that would make them think it connected to this case. Her sling?

snipped from : http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Items-found-in-Kennebec-River.html

Items found in Kennebec River

WATERVILLE — State Police are analyzing items that were found Wednesday in the Kennebec River, but it is unknown whether they are related to missing toddler Ayla Reynolds.

“Some items were recovered from the Kennebec River yesterday,” said Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland. “The items have been taken to the state police crime laboratory for analysis.”

OMG ... I am holding out hope that Ayla is still alive ... but unfortunately, I do not believe she is because of the "blood splatter" in the DiPietro's basement ...

I hope this evidence does lead to some clues !

:please:

I wholeheartedly agree, and I hope that Ayla's "real family" receives their beautiful, baby girl back soon. Regardless of the the outcome, this family needs closure. I hope that JP and his cohorts are very nervous and concerned right now with the current news.

:waitasec: Just had a thought ... and my :twocents:

LE has found items in the past and has sent these items to the lab for analysis, but I do not recall this making "headline news" ...

Does anyone remember if there were other items found in the Waterville area where LE made a statement about the possibility of these items being related to Ayla ?

I am truly drawing a "blank" -- I follow too many cases now -- so TIA !

Also ... I hope LE is keeping an eye on the DiPietro's and their "fan club" because IF -- IF -- these items are related, you know they are "squirming in their pants" right now ... LOL !

I am still optimistic that this case will be solved ... it may take a while, but as long as there is Justice for Ayla !

:moo:

Oh my! I wonder what it could be that would make them think it connected to this case. Her sling?

:seeya:

BBM: Now that would be a "bombshell" !

I hope they find something -- anything : the sling -- or the "Princess" pajamas !

:waitasec: Just had a thought ... and my :twocents:

LE has found items in the past and has sent these items to the lab for analysis, but I do not recall this making "headline news" ...

Does anyone remember if there were other items found in the Waterville area where LE made a statement about the possibility of these items being related to Ayla ?

I am truly drawing a "blank" -- I follow too many cases now -- so TIA !

Also ... I hope LE is keeping an eye on the DiPietro's and their "fan club" because IF -- IF -- these items are related, you know they are "squirming in their pants" right now ... LOL !

I am still optimistic that this case will be solved ... it may take a while, but as long as there is Justice for Ayla !

:moo:

I think... Wasn't an unrelated backpack found early on? Let me look!

Jan 11 searchers found an unrelated backpack and knife:
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Dive-teams-renew-search-for-Ayla.html

"I'll be candid," McCausland said. "It's been 48 days and our concern grows every day, but we remain hopeful that we'll find Ayla."

Also from the article.

BTW, how do you get your news so fast?!?!

Another snippet from : http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Items-found-in-Kennebec-River.html

McCausland wouldn’t offer details about what the items are, but said they were found near the Hathaway Mill, within the dam “sluiceway.”

“At this point we have no idea if it is in any way connected with the ongoing investigation, but our lab technicians will look at those items, as they have for all other items police have gathered since December.”

He declined to answer additional questions.

:seeya: Anyone familiar with this area : the Mill or the dam ?

TIA !

I am very familiar with Waterville, Oakland, and the Belgrade Lakes region. What would you like to know? Topography? Visual impact of the location? I would love to be useful for once!

So here's my initial thoughts on "Hathaway Mill". A few years back it was the most creepy thing in the world!! Like, I was hmm, 18 and I wouldn't go near it at night. I don't know if or what it was being used for then but the locals I was with claimed it was a mental institution with nothing but homeless inside. Seems to me that that is not true. It was a danged shirt factory! :floorlaugh:

We would all go down near the mill at night, to smoke some pot of course, and perhaps do something stupid like throw some **** in water just to be *******s.

It's kind of the only real "landmark" I took note of in Waterville. This area is just not like most other "metropolitan" areas. It's metro Augusta and Augusta is a SMALL city to me. Waterville is a bit smaller. They have a cute downtown with lots of sketchy people and a few fast food places and the mill. That's Waterville. If someone were to dump ANYTHING in Waterville, it would be there. We legit took a book (booked it) from the cops being, again, *******s, and we booked right to the mill and threw our stash in.

That's all JMO and others from the area may see it totally differently.

All in all, I LOVVVVVVVVED Waterville, I wish to live near by in the Belgrade Lakes area before the end of my days.

The mill is just off water street, which for us was always a main source of "chill driving" space.

I think... Wasn't an unrelated backpack found early on? Let me look!

Jan 11 searchers found an unrelated backpack and knife:
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Dive-teams-renew-search-for-Ayla.html

Also from the article.

BTW, how do you get your news so fast?!?!

:seeya: Thank You !

Now I remember -- a "backpack" and "knife" were found -- but was unrelated.

I don't recall anything else being found and reported on with respect to Ayla ...

Oh, I hope this leads LE to something regarding Ayla ...

I am very familiar with Waterville, Oakland, and the Belgrade Lakes region. What would you like to know? Topography? Visual impact of the location? I would love to be useful for once!

Just a few things I thought of :

- The Kennebec River is behind the Mill ? So the flow of the water could bring items down -- or-- up the River, and behind the Mill ?

- How close is this Mill to the DiPietro home -- the approximate distance.

- Anything else you can think of that would be helpful !

- Anyone else ?

Just a few things I thought of :

- The Kennebec River is behind the Mill ? So the flow of the water could bring items down -- or-- up the River, and behind the Mill ?

- How close is this Mill to the DiPietro home -- the approximate distance.

- Anything else you can think of that would be helpful !

- Anyone else ?

You're super fast, and I am not, what would be the block number (if offered) or the street name the DiPietro man was staying in?

I follow Rob Poindexter and Carolyn Callahan on Twitter. They are 2 local reporters (or maybe Rob is primarily a photographer, I forget). They are really prompt with breaking news in this case and good with responding to questions.

Just checked...per wikipedia, Kennebec River flows SOUTH.

HTH

I follow Rob Poindexter and Carolyn Callahan on Twitter. They are 2 local reporters (or maybe Rob is primarily a photographer, I forget). They are really prompt with breaking news in this case and good with responding to questions.

:seeya: That is good to know !

I don't do Twitter ... I can barely keep up here ... LOL !

Thank You !!

"State police spokesman Steve McCausland says there is no way to tell if the items are related to the Reynolds case, but a source close to the investigation says the items discovered belong to a child and could be connected to Ayla's disappearance."

http://www.wmtw.com/Source-Newly-discovered-items-could-be-connected-to-missing-toddler-case/-/8792672/12024932/-/yih4l7/-/index.html

:seeya: Thank You for this update !

RBBM: It looks like this was updated -- since I first read this earlier -- that the items belong to a child ...

Wonder what it could be ?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/26/us/maine-toddler-missing/index.html

From Susan Candiotti and Ross Levitt, CNN
updated 9:00 PM EDT, Thu April 26, 2012

New York (CNN) -- A forensics team at the Maine State Police lab is analyzing items found in Waterville that could be connected to the case of Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds, who went missing from her home in December, according to a spokesman for the Maine State Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz