DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://portlanddailysun.me/node/32328

2/17/12 more@link:

Quote:
A source told The Sun that Maine State Police contacted the overnight store clerk at the Cumberland Farms, located on Pine Street in Portland's West End, saying that a credit card under the name of Justin DiPietro was used to purchase cigarettes at the store around 2 a.m. on Dec. 15, 2011.
Police were told that DiPietro was at the store with two other men, only one of which police were able to identify. The store clerk was asked to describe the men and the clothing they were wearing when they made the cigarette purchase and according to the source, the clerk was told the third man was a person of interest to the investigation.
[from AskforNina timeline]

When I read about these 3 guys together it brings to mind the sighting, supposed, alleged sighting, of PD ,walking with three men and a baby, in the early morning hours.

To askfornina ~ You definitely absolutely get an A+ for your hard work on this A-mazing timeline. WS has the best up-to-date timeline, thanks to your skilled eye and busy fingers. Thank you for keeping us all in the loop.

:yourock::yourock:

You are all very welcome! :) Thanks so much for the appreciation. :grouphug:

ayla_11-1.jpg

Come home sweet Ayla. :heartbeat:

You are all very welcome! :) Thanks so much for the appreciation. :grouphug:

ayla_11-1.jpg

Come home sweet Ayla. :heartbeat:

That happens to be one of my favorites too! Beautiful child, beautiful dress..beautiful photo and innocence so obvious. Sweet baby...where are you?

Even though the lower half of her face is completely obscured you can still see the sheer delight she is feeling splashing in that water.

Where is this little darlin?

http://missingpersonsnews.com/?p=1512 not sure this is an authorized link or not. If it shows up with *****s I will delete.

On Friday, law enforcement officials praised Reynolds and her family for their cooperation and support throughout the investigation, and claim DiPietro and his family are not cooperating. ”We continue to encourage the immediate family to keep Ayla in the headlines and to talk about her”, officials told the Morning Sentinel. “One side is doing that, and the other side is not.”

Does it seem *possible* that not all of the adults are withholding info? Semantics?

McCausland said detectives weren’t singling out any of the three adults, but “we think they know more than they’re telling us,” he said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/...-evidence-toddler-ayla-reynolds-was-abducted/

That`s why we`re looking and asking these thee adults that were there that night, that we think that one of them has information that they haven`t told us and -- because the story of Ayla being abducted just does not pass the straight face test.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/30/ng.01.html

"We've followed every conceivable piece of evidence that would follow their version of events, and we have found not one piece of evidence that supports an abduction," Steve McCausland, a spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety, told The Associated Press. "We think one or all of the three adults have info they haven't told us and we need that info in order to find Ayla."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-01-31/news/31010665_1_three-adults-detector-tests-toddler

Just wondering what others think...

I distrust all three of the people who were in the home as well as Grandma, and LE may as well, but not want to alienate anyone who might still come forward to be the one to break the silence, JMO.

I still can't see how a totally innocent Aunt, for example, would keep such a lock on her tongue with her baby niece missing...again, JMO...

:waitasec:Is anyone else having trouble figuring out ocram's razor on this one?

Well...since Occam's razor looks for the simplest explanation, I'd say Ayla was accidentally harmed by one of the 3 people who are not being completely honest. One or all 3 people are covering it up now, or helped cover it up after the fact. It happened between December 8th and 16th, and if Ayla is no longer with us her body will be found once the Maine winter is over.

What complicates this is that a) we don't know for sure if all 3 are being dishonest b) there's nothing to suggest that Ayla has met harm except for the amount of time that has passed and c) there's soooo many red herrings in this case.

JMO

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS JUST A THEORY, and not one that I find fully plausible.

A lot of red herrings, but so hard to put together the right ones that aren't.

I had to read this a couple of times to understand what you posted...no fault of yours, just my own brain blip.
Maybe some one of the three is giving more information than we know, but the LE needs even more?
Yes...maybe CR is telling more, but she knows the least, and maybe not enough to "put em away"?

I can't see the other three (counting PD) talking out of fear of family retaliation, fear of legal consequences, or just coercion. But that is just my opinion (at this time..it could change with new LE/media info. or persuasive sleuthers!) :waitasec:

Well...since Occam's razor looks for the simplest explanation, I'd say Ayla was accidentally harmed by one of the 3 people who are not being completely honest. One or all 3 people are covering it up now, or helped cover it up after the fact. It happened between December 8th and 16th, and if Ayla is no longer with us her body will be found once the Maine winter is over.

What complicates this is that a) we don't know for sure if all 3 are being dishonest b) there's nothing to suggest that Ayla has met harm except for the amount of time that has passed and c) there's soooo many red herrings in this case.

JMO

Well written, HiHater! :rocker:

A lot of red herrings, but so hard to put together the right ones that aren't.

I think sometimes a case is too complicated for Occam's Razor. People are so unpredictable that I don't use that theory much.

Usually the truth is so much more bizarre than we've imagined. Look at the Powell case - most of us couldn't make any of that up. And think of Karen Swift - left in a graveyard under some kudzu on Halloween night! You can't make up this stuff.

I distrust all three of the people who were in the home as well as Grandma, and LE may as well, but not want to alienate anyone who might still come forward to be the one to break the silence, JMO.

I still can't see how a totally innocent Aunt, for example, would keep such a lock on her tongue with her baby niece missing...again, JMO...

I agree with this. I do believe that it is highly probable that the individual whose sleeping area the blood was found in is law enforcement's #1 de facto suspect in the "foul play" that led to Ayla's disappearance though. Whereas Ayla's last hours in the Violette Street residence may have been witnessed by one or more of the other three individuals, (which would, I believe, make one or all three of them accessories to the crime after the fact for not reporting it), I highly suspect that the main perpetrator is Daddy JP. In my opinion, even by itself Ayla's blood being found in the basement is hugely troubling. I mean, Ayla was staying in the home in which Ayla's blood was discovered for no longer than 2 months--correct? IF the baby did in fact cut her foot in the basement--as it has been claimed by the DiPietro clan and/or associates--why wasn't this "injury" brought to Trista Reynold's attention at the time it happened? Did JP mention anything about a foot injury in his few statements and/or interviews? Has PD? In the Reynolds/Hansen family website timeline of injuries, there wasn't a mention of a foot injury or any other reason for Ayla's blood loss. Now, add the blood evidence along with the broken arm injury in which daddy JP claims that he fell on a toddler on a rainy night that wasn't rainy, (according to Ayla's family's date of her injury), bruises on a face from, again according to JP, an incident in a ball pit that apparently doesn't exist, and a pulled leg muscle from, once again according to JP, "horsing around", and my inductive reasoning leads me to believe that it is highly probable that Ayla met with "foul play" at the hands of her father, JP. I sincerely believe that one or all three of the other individuals who have slept in the Violette home know what happened to Ayla. Their silence in regards to any public statements, media, etc., speaks volumes to me. I don't believe that PD has publicly stated anything since her last interview several weeks ago has she? Have we heard from AP? CR? When was the last time JP had anything publicly to say? Nope, nada.

If we're using Occam's razor I think I'd have to go with...the 3 are telling the truth. I don't believe it, but it sure would explain a lot :)

JMO

I have a question--wouldn't Ayla's blood having been found in the basement suggest that Ayla has met harm? Of course, I understand that there could be an explanation, but isn't the presence of blood at least a suggestion of harm? Maybe I misunderstood your post. I apologize if I did.

I think all of them, including PD and possibly LD have some knowledge of the crime that they are withholding. I don't see any of them talking. I think the case will be built on circumstantial and forensic evidence. I'm thinking the problem is that LE has a pretty good idea what happened, but no idea who did what. Maybe a informant will emerge that we haven't heard about. Has anyone heard of any recent searches? Seems like it's been a while, a couple of weeks? All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat