Deceased/Not Found ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 months, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did everyone miss? Where is Ayla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:stormingmad: I am really bothered about little Ayla's case :

Way back when, early on in the case, some State Attorneys [for the State of Maine] went to the DiPietro home.

I finally found a link to the story :

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/...t-home.html?searchterm=ayla+reynolds+attorney

Online Sentinel

December 23, 2011

Police downplay activity at home

By Ben McCanna bmccanna@centralmaine.com
Staff Writer

WATERVILLE — Maine Deputy Attorneys General William Stokes and Andrew Benson visited the home Thursday where 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds was last seen. Before entering the home, both men put on gloves and booties.

Shortly afterward, a Maine State Police trooper cordoned off the home with yellow crime scene tape.

-----------------------------

:twocents: It had to be obvious to these attorneys that there was a crime scene in the DiPietro home !

:twocents: WHY didn't they do something then ?

:moo:

Do the people who were in the house that night have any sort of connections to "higher-ups"?

Do the people who were in the house that night have any sort of connections to "higher-ups"?

:seeya: Interesting question ...

:twocents: It sure seems like it ... "someone" must know "someone" because NOTHING has been done for little Ayla !

:moo:

The "higher-ups" in this case are drug dealers. (Courtney's relative) Not sure if this factors in this case at all, since dad seems like quite the hot head and had been involved in "accidentally" hurting his baby's arm. JMO

The assault charges were dropped against JD because CR "changed her story" from the original complaint and was "uncooperative". I think CR is afraid of JD. She probably remembers the tale of Justin, Lance, Elisha's ex and the baseball bat. The reason for that assault was because the ex was facebook trashing/accusing the DiPietros. I say round them up. charge all of them and let the jury decide. I think that might get somebody talking. I don't think the SA has the stomach for that, however. All MOO

Holy, what a video. I had got tears in my eyes when grandpa was talking. I can't believe he ran. I have so many words I can say about that. I like the end when Trista was talking, she seems to have grown a lot over these past unfortunate years. She will keep going, I don't see her or her family stopping.

Do you think Ayla will get justice someday? Do you think they as in LE and Trista were coming up with a plan? I think jp will end up in prison someday, but unless someone confesses I don't think it will be over Ayla, but just like another couple who are sitting in FL prisons.

I am really inspired by her (Trista). I was pretty worried she would relapse as a result of the stress first of all, and second of all because of the heartache or because when she lost Ayla she could've lost one huge reason to recover and stay recovered. But you are right, far from giving up, she is still fighting for Ayla.

Maybe a reason why they haven't been charged is because LE doesn't know who did what, or because of the possibility that all three of them would start pointing fingers?

Maybe a reason why they haven't been charged is because LE doesn't know who did what, or because of the possibility that all three of them would start pointing fingers?

Do they need to know who did what, if all were present? I know in bank robberies, etc everyone is charged. At least if they charged all of the adults here, maybe a deal could be made with one in exchange for the truth and lesser penalty. I don't see any of these people confessing without extreme pressure/arrests...yet something needs to happen.

In an early thread, there were rumors that, yes, PD has connections with a DHHS caseworker. I cannot find the statements now in MSM, so I don't know the source or validity of the statements. It was discussed not only here, but also in many other forums.

A DHHS worker removed Ayla from her maternal aunt's home while Trista was in rehab.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/police-log-offers-insight-into-custody-questions_2011-12-30.html?pageType=mobile&id=1
On the evening of Oct. 17, a few days after Trista Reynolds entered drug rehabilitation, DiPietro, of Waterville, arrived at the Lewiston police station.

At 6:06 p.m., a police officer spoke with DiPietro in the lobby, according to Lt. Mark Cornelio.........

"DiPietro said he was going to ... retrieve his daughter and wanted police to go," Cornelio said. "He explained that he and the mother had an agreement that if she went into treatment, he would take custody."

Cornelio said police called Maine Department of Health and Human Services and confirmed that the state agency had authorized DiPietro to take custody of the daughter.

Next, DiPietro and one police officer went to the Lewiston home of Jessica Reynolds, Ayla's maternal aunt. Becca Hanson, Ayla's maternal grandmother, was there, too.

"Ayla was in my and my daughter's care while Trista was in rehab," Hanson said during a recent phone interview.

Cornelio said Ayla was turned over to DiPietro without incident.

As a local, this case - more specifically LE's lack of movement on this case - really bothers me! I'm actually currently residing in Portland while I complete my final internship for my degree in social work (yeah...:facepalm:). Anyhow, I don't know if anyone watched HLN "After Dark" last night, but they covered Ayla's case and their "jurors" overwhelmingly voted that JD "knows more about what happened to Ayla." It was also encouraging to see Ken Altshuler (well-respected Maine Attorney, who I happen to have the utmost respect for) on the show and explicitly state that he also believes that JD absolutely knows what happened to Ayla. So what's the hold-up on an arrest? Fear of double-jeopardy if they go forward without little Ayla's body... So this raises a question for me and I'm hoping someone may know the answer... Were investigators able to subpeona JD's, ED's, PD's, and CR's phone records? I'd love to know because it seems IF LE had all of those records to work with/from, they might just be able to at least narrow down areas to search. If I recall correctly, LE was able to determine the amount of miles JD traveled at that time. Does anyone have a link to that info? TIA. Just thinking outloud here. I'd love to help search if I only knew where/what areas to search in... Prayers for Ayla

ETA: I'd also be curious to know what the consensus is here on where members think Ayla's body (sorry) was disposed of? Kennebec river? Or on land? TIA!

I believe Justin buried her somewhere, I also believe ayla's body will be recovered it's only a matter of time. There was blood of her's found all over that house, :sick: all three of them sicko's know about it. It was also stated that there was blood mixed with vomit found in JD truck and on ayla's car seat, so does that mean ayla was alive when he took her outta of the house? Why else would he put her in car seat?

I wish we knew more about JD's habits/hobbies, such as if he went hunting/fishing/4-wheeling and what locations he went to. I can recall in Haleigh's (Cummings) case, we knew some locations that Ronald (the dad) frequented and members spent hours upon hours researching maps and some locals even went to some of the locations and searched. Unfortunately we still haven't found Haleigh - coming up on five years in a few months. I can't imagine being in these Mom's shoes and not knowing where my baby is, it just breaks my heart. Does anyone know what (if) areas have been searched besides the obvious; the Kennebec River? TIA!

As I said before, while I'm in Portland for my internship, I actually live in Northern Maine and I go through Waterville to go home to visit fairly frequently. Matter of fact, I'm taking a trip up on October 10th for the weekend. Whenever I make the trip, I can't help but think of Ayla and JD's trip that night to Portland from Waterville... wish I knew where to look.

I wish we knew more about JD's habits/hobbies, such as if he went hunting/fishing/4-wheeling and what locations he went to. I can recall in Haleigh's (Cummings) case, we knew some locations that Ronald (the dad) frequented and members spent hours upon hours researching maps and some locals even went to some of the locations and searched. Unfortunately we still haven't found Haleigh - coming up on five years in a few months. I can't imagine being in these Mom's shoes and not knowing where my baby is, it just breaks my heart. Does anyone know what (if) areas have been searched besides the obvious; the Kennebec River? TIA!

I agree. I'm not sure about the river. Did he like hunting? Did he spend any time in the woods? I can't remember if there was snow and ice when Ayla disappeared.

I agree. I'm not sure about the river. Did he like hunting? Did he spend any time in the woods? I can't remember if there was snow and ice when Ayla disappeared.

I can't recall the exact date but I remember that one of the early searches or presses, I was posting updates from twitter and among the photos there were some with snow and ice. I think. I wish I could remember more details...I feel like there was a pond or something that was being drained or pumped?

I can't recall the exact date but I remember that one of the early searches or presses, I was posting updates from twitter and among the photos there were some with snow and ice. I think. I wish I could remember more details...I feel like there was a pond or something that was being drained or pumped?

It was a week after she was reported missing. Snow and ice hampered the search of a drainage pond. Here is the article:

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2011, 12:50 AM
WATERVILLE
, Maine —
Large-scale efforts to find a missing 20-month-old girl were hampered Friday by a couple of inches of snow that fell overnight as the search for the central Maine toddler entered its seventh day.
<snipped>
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-hampered-snow-article-1.996682#ixzz2g9i5KBii

Thank you for the reminder! :seeya:

Some items believed to be related to Ayla's disappearance were found in the Kennebec River in April 2012:

Divers return to Kennebec River in search for Ayla Reynolds

The Associated Press
Posted May 11, 2012, at 3:28 p.m.

WATERVILLE, Maine — Maine State Police divers seeking evidence in the disappearance of Ayla Reynolds have returned to the Kennebec River where some items were recovered two weeks ago.
<snipped>
https://bangordailynews.com/2012/05/11/news/mid-maine/divers-return-to-kennebec-river-in-search-for-ayla-reynolds/

March seeking 'justice' for missing toddler goes from City Hall to Violette Avenue home, where participants claim brief encounter with Elisha DiPietro, Ayla's aunt
"As she started to drive by she slowed down and we started saying 'Where's Ayla?' Out of her car window she said 'Why don't you ask Trista?'" Francis said. "It's just ridiculous."

Trista Reynolds is Ayla's mother

Answering a question with a question. Tsk tsk. She knows, IMO.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/...lds-includes-prayers-brief-confrontation.html

I'd be interested in knowing where the local out of the way "party" spots are. Those are the areas I would be searching for Ayla :(

Out of the way spots the young and aimless hang to party or drink. Those I would think would be areas of "awareness" for JD and his circle and worthy of searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back