Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What no mention of the fire station.This story keeps changing.

Monday morning | Jay searches neighborhood, personally asks law enforcement for help
"After that, I started to walk in a few places that I could think of. I got in my car and drove to a few places that I could think of, places where she would go for a run in the neighborhood. And after that, I stopped and I went [sic] in the center of town there's a small park, and I stopped and I asked a sheriff to help us. And after the sheriff started helping us he followed me back."
TIMELINE | Kristin Westra's husband recounts night his wife disappeared

Monday morning | Jay searches neighborhood, personally asks law enforcement for help
"After that, I started to walk in a few places that I could think of. I got in my car and drove to a few places that I could think of, places where she would go for a run in the neighborhood. And after that, I stopped and I went [sic] in the center of town there's a small park, and I stopped and I asked a sheriff to help us. And after the sheriff started helping us he followed me back."
The fire station is also a sherrifs post. Not out of the ordinary around here :)

Police/fire station is right next to this park.

I don't see her husband doing something to her after making arrangements for her to see a nurse practitioner that day. If things were bad enough at home that he would hurt her, I'd think he wouldn't take her to somebody in whom she might disclose those problems.

The camera probably just captured her on the street going towards her home. Did someone say they are at the end of a cul-de-sac? Could she have left her house and gone the other direction?

The full dinner was probably in response to her discussing with NP that she would try to improve her diet.

Are LE sure she didn't leave by car? Would that be based off of neighbors security camera?

I think her cell phone is the key. Who has she been texting, and emailing? What has she been searching?

And final thought...very curious about how and when she called in for Monday and Tuesday.

Oh and final, final thought...I don't think that Kristin went off to hurt herself. She would have waited until after her daughter left for school IMO.

it's instinct to use what words we feel. If you know she *was* al ive you might slip up. If you are holding on to hope, you won't use past tense.

I think it’s easy to pick apart people’s words when we are on the outside. Perhaps he strongly feels she harmed herself and that’s why he is using the past tense.

I understand the nature of the forum, but damn... for my husbands sake, I pray nothing ever happens to me. He can be really awkward, especially in emotional situations since he wasn’t raised in a home that expressed their feelings. If I went missing in the middle of the night and he gave an on camera interview?? Saying that I had a “full meal” would be less awkward than whatever phrase he used to describe my last known hours. He’s a great guy (and despite opposing posts, I do think my husband is perfect.... for me) but he doesn’t always communicate with the ease that many others do.

A lot of things people are considering red flags in the husband I don’t think are a big deal bc it’s not unusual to me, but I’ve rambled enough about my own husband lol.

The thing that stands out to me the most right now is that Kristin took two days off of work.

I think it’s easy to pick apart people’s words when we are on the outside. Perhaps he strongly feels she harmed herself and that’s why he is using the past tense.

I understand the nature of the forum, but damn... for my husbands sake, I pray nothing ever happens to me. He can be really awkward, especially in emotional situations since he wasn’t raised in a home that expressed their feelings. If I went missing in the middle of the night and he gave an on camera interview?? Saying that I had a “full meal” would be less awkward than whatever phrase he used to describe my last known hours. He’s a great guy (and despite opposing posts, I do think my husband is perfect.... for me) but he doesn’t always communicate with the ease that many others do.

A lot of things people are considering red flags in the husband I don’t think are a big deal bc it’s not unusual to me, but I’ve rambled enough about my own husband lol.

The thing that stands out to me the most right now is that Kristin took two days off of work.
I'm super awkward too even in normal situations. I can't imagine being in a situation like this with a camera in my face, knowing everyone is watching and suspecting. It is something I consider when I watch loved ones react to the missing person.

Still...it IS the nature of the forum, LE WILL be watching KW's loved ones closely, and honestly, if I go missing in the middle of the night without a phone, wallet, keys, or car with my husband being the last person that saw or spoke to me - I hope y'all pick his statements apart for me.

Moo

"Missing teacher had anxiety and sought help the day before disappearing, husband says
The search for Kristin Westra, a school teacher from North Yarmouth, is now focusing on a reported sighting, authorities said Thursday."

Missing teacher had anxiety and sought help the day before disappearing, husband says

Ok, so who, besides the husband, knows of this anxiety? I know the brother mentioned that the husband told him about her anxiety issues, but did the brother actually see this for himself? Did her co-workers or friends see anything amiss emotionally or mentally? I'm just curious as to whether or not she was experiencing anxiety just at home, but when she was out of the house, she was fine?

According to her friend she did. See post #259
Did she call it in or did someone do it for her? Did she contact the friend or did she call it into the office. When did this happen? ( I can't see my post #s)
Was it the interview video of the two
teachers?

If it was Sunday evening, I can see that as she was going to have bloodwork done on Monday. But Tuesday? Why 2 days out.

But if done earlier than Sunday afternoon, well, that's a whole different story.

Ok, so who, besides the husband, knows of this anxiety? I know the brother mentioned that the husband told him about her anxiety issues, but did the brother actually see this for himself? Did her co-workers or friends see anything amiss emotionally or mentally? I'm just curious as to whether or not she was experiencing anxiety just at home, but when she was out of the house, she was fine?
No. I've had the same train of thoughts.

Brother and friends seemed very surprised that she hadn't contacted them with both saying KW is very communicative.

Both brother and friends described her as fit, healthy, and knew how to take care of herself in times of stress, with brother saying husband told him she had been having anxiety.

Brother stated that KW is normally a deep sleeper, but JW told him she'd had difficulty sleeping that night.

Whatever happened to KW Sunday, it seems it was a 100% departure from her normal behaviors and habits.

All moo

Edit: accidentally combined two posts

Did she call it in or did someone do it for her? Did she contact the friend or did she call it into the office. When did this happen? ( I can't see my post #s)
Was it the interview video of the two
teachers?

If it was Sunday evening, I can see that as she was going to have bloodwork done on Monday. But Tuesday? Why 2 days out.

But if done earlier than Sunday afternoon, well, that's a whole different story.
Here's the thing- in the article that the co-worker/friend was interviewed in, she said she was told that Kristin called in for 2 days, which she found strange, as they were in contact daily. The teacher said that when she finished her math class, she checked her phone and found several text messages from Kristin's husband. I can't find anything that says Kristin herself called in.

Here's the thing- in the article that the co-worker/friend was interviewed in, she said she was told that Kristin called in for 2 days, which she found strange, as they were in contact daily. The teacher said that when she finished her math class, she checked her phone and found several text messages from Kristin's husband. I can't find anything that says Kristin herself called in.
I thought maybe KW didn't have work Monday from some articles I read earlier, but it seemed to me like the friend expected KW would be there Monday. Like she was there at work on Monday and was already shocked that a coworker was telling her about the absence and not KW herself. Then more alarm bells when she had missed calls from JW. It came across that way to me. Moo.

The friend said it wasn't like KW to miss work, it wasn't like her to not let her know about it.

I wonder if KW got some bad news, like a terminal illness?
Moo

Oh, I got the impression that brother said she'd been not eating and sleeping well, not that he got that info from husband. I'm not sure that's clear.

Also, it would make sense for Kristin to call in for Monday since she was supposed to get bloodwork done. And the fact that she didn't tell her friend doesn't seem that big an issue. If she saw NP on Sunday, it's not like she went days without telling her friend. It was hours. So the question is DID she really call out, and if so WHEN? And of course, how?

I know of a few missing person cases that turned out to be suicide. In all of them the person had some personal belongings, got in their car and drove to another location. 2 of the cases had footage of the missing person running into a store.

Has there been a missing person case where the person was seen coming home, but never seen again? Where they left behind their car, all their belongings and possibly even shoes? -

Authorities also aren’t sure when Kristin left her home, what clothes she was wearing, where she might have been headed or why or if she was wearing shoes.

Oh, I got the impression that brother said she'd been not eating and sleeping well, not that he got that info from husband. I'm not sure that's clear.

Also, it would make sense for Kristin to call in for Monday since she was supposed to get bloodwork done. And the fact that she didn't tell her friend doesn't seem that big an issue. If she saw NP on Sunday, it's not like she went days without telling her friend. It was hours. So the question is DID she really call out, and if so WHEN? And of course, how?
It seems a big issue to me only because her friend felt it was a big issue, and she would know best. According to her they were in constant contact, text messages, etc.

KW's brother also stated his surprise that she didn't return his phone call (which means she also wasn't answering her phone at some point on Sunday).

All moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member