Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some comments from the husband have me scratching my head:
"She was so thoughtful, she didn't want to wake me up (when she left", (again) She was very thoughtful...... She "was" perfect for me."
IMO, he went a little overboard praising her. Too much information. But "She WAS perfect for me" set off my hinky meter.

Wondering if he assumes she harmed herself since she had sought an emergency assesment for self harm earlier in the day? So sad in any case

"She was so thoughtful, she didn't want to wake me up (when she left", (again) She was very thoughtful...... She "was" perfect for me."
IMO, he went a little overboard praising her. Too much information. But "She WAS perfect for me" set off my hinky meter.

The word perfect always make me shake my head.Nothing in this world is perfect.Look hard enough and there will be flaws.

I listened for past tense use and I don't remember husband using past tense referring to her?

Remind me to never use the word "was" if a loved one goes missing. Truth be told, I think it's perfectly okay and normal to use that word.
it's instinct to use what words we feel. If you know she *was* al ive you might slip up. If you are holding on to hope, you won't use past tense.

Curious how a neighbor’s security camera could have picked her up arriving home after her jog. I just looked at the street view on Google for their address and unless closer homes were built after that last Google street view update, I don’t see any homes through all the trees who seem close enough to have cameras to pick up anything in their location. Perhaps a neighbor’s camera picked her up several hundred feet down the road but not her literally jogging back into her home..?. I do so hope she is found safe. The comments about Ambien are so valid...if she happened to take any and was affected that way. Am also following another current case - Chris Watts arrested for murder of wife Shannan and their two young girls in Frederick, CO. Shannan also disappeared leaving her keys, purse and cell phone behind and Chris stated in interviews that there were no cameras in back of house but neighbor’s camera out front recorded her arriving home after a trip at 2am and no capture of her leaving the home. Sadly she and children were found deceased.

I don’t think there’s a rule book for how a person should speak if their loved one is missing
There kind of is, it's called statement analysis.

Statement analysis, also called investigative discourse analysis and scientific content analysis (SCAN), is a technique for analyzing the words people use to try to determine if what they said is accurate.

Interesting. I specifically listened for that. Maybe I was half asleep, I swear he used present tense throughout the interview.
I thought he also used present tense. Has he given more than one interview?

I know in the interview he said flip flops were missing and maybe she had a 3rd pair of running shoes he didn't know about. In an article I read later he was quoted as saying "a pair of flip flops or running shoes are missing". That's not exactly what he said so I dont know if he gave different replies to different reporters or people are taking liberties with their quotation marks.

Moo

There kind of is, it's called statement analysis.

Statement analysis, also called investigative discourse analysis and scientific content analysis (SCAN), is a technique for analyzing the words people use to try to determine if what they said is accurate.
It’s as accurate as a lie detector test imo

CBS 13 News‏Verified account @WGME
#UPDATE: The Cumberland County Sheriff's Department says they are no longer looking into a possible sighting of Kristin Westra.

8:33 PM - 4 Oct 2018

Oh that's too bad. I was hoping she maybe took off camping for a day or two alone and someone saw her tent. It seemed odd to have a positive sighting of her a few days after she's missing.

Aww, such good, caring and loving friends. We should all be so fortunate.

I felt similarly after watching that interview. They also were caring enough to explain that not only did they want her back home, care about her, miss her, and are going to be there for her, but that they want it to be like a "welcome home" complete with drawings by the students. Not just that they accept her/what she's going through, but that they WELCOME her back home with loving, open arms awaiting. I thought that was so touching.

Elementary School Teacher Disappears from Home, Leaving Keys & Phone: 'Something Out of a Nightmare'

October 03, 2018

"A Maine teacher and mom of two vanished from her home late Sunday or early Monday and her husband says he awoke to discover her gone and her phone, car and keys left behind at their home in a rural area of North Yarmouth, PEOPLE confirms.

Asked if authorities suspect foul play in the mysterious disappearance of 47-year-old Kristin Westra, an elementary teacher at Chebeague Island School, Cumberland County Sheriff’s Capt. Scott Stewart tells PEOPLE, “We’re not leaning in that direction. Usually we would have found her by now.”..."

Elementary School Teacher Vanishes from Home, Leaving Keys & Phone: 'Something Out of a Nightmare'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay