Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of a few missing person cases that turned out to be suicide. In all of them the person had some personal belongings, got in their car and drove to another location. 2 of the cases had footage of the missing person running into a store.

Has there been a missing person case where the person was seen coming home, but never seen again? Where they left behind their car, all their belongings and possibly even shoes?

RBBM
From the beginning, this case has reminded me of Denise Martin from VA Beach, sadly. I'm sure there are others, but I followed that one pretty closely; made it easier for my brain to go there, I suppose. With this said, I hope for a better outcome for Kristin!

"Loved ones said Martin left her wallet, keys and cellphone behind at her home in Red Mill, a short distance from where police looked Wednesday. Missing-person signs were posted around the neighborhood, and friends and family had searched the area."

Virginia Beach police find body while searching for missing 22-year-old woman

RBBM
From the beginning, this case has reminded me of Denise Martin from VA Beach, sadly. I'm sure there are others, but I followed that one pretty closely; made it easier for my brain to go there, I suppose. With this said, I hope for a better outcome for Kristin!

"Loved ones said Martin left her wallet, keys and cellphone behind at her home in Red Mill, a short distance from where police looked Wednesday. Missing-person signs were posted around the neighborhood, and friends and family had searched the area."

Virginia Beach police find body while searching for missing 22-year-old woman
Thanks, I will go read this one.

It seems a big issue to me only because her friend felt it was a big issue, and she would know best. According to her they were in constant contact, text messages, etc.

KW's brother also stated his surprise that she didn't return his phone call (which means she also wasn't answering her phone at some point on Sunday).

All moo
Well, I just watched the interview with the friends.

They really give the impression that they think she left of her own volition. I don't know if that's denial though because they also said how rock solid she is, and from their description this doesn't sound like something she would do. I mean, obviously she didn't take off to a yoga retreat without her wallet, phone or vehicle, leaving a 9 yo sleeping at home.

But they also say the relationship between Kristin and her husband is rock solid. That they've know them for years and the most they argue about is a coffee cup left in the sink.

They did say something interesting about the step son, how that's been a source of stress.

I certainly don't buy that having two renovations is enough to tip someone over the edge who has previously been so reliable.

I have so many theories, but they all get debunked by one detail or another.

ETA: I hope I haven't violated TOS. I think the content of that Facebook is ok since it was linked. If not, please delete

@Tuliptiptoe It will hurt your heart. Recent college grad with good friends, boyfriend and lots of life ahead of her. Her mother had a successful suicide years ago and Denise took a big blow from that. I don't know how much you'll find in the news articles, but there were public FB posts made by her best friend (may have turned into a public page at some point) that gave more details about Denise's outlook. I think she had a thread here, as well. But family and friends' FB posts expressed worry from the start. :(

I certainly don't buy that having two renovations is enough to tip someone over the edge who has previously been so reliable.

I have so many theories, but they all get debunked by one detail or another.

RSBM

I agree about the renovations, and also keep bouncing back and forth on theories.

I was so hopeful when LE stated they had a credible sighting :(

Moo

@Tuliptiptoe It will hurt your heart. Recent college grad with good friends, boyfriend and lots of life ahead of her. Her mother had a successful suicide years ago and Denise took a big blow from that. I don't know how much you'll find in the news articles, but there were public FB posts made by her best friend (may have turned into a public page at some point) that gave more details about Denise's outlook. I think she had a thread here, as well. But family and friends' FB posts expressed worry from the start. :(
So young ☹

I'm reading through this website now if anyone else wants to - TADP Season 2 Episode 11 – The mysterious disappearance of Denise Martin

RSBM

I agree about the renovations, and also keep bouncing back and forth on theories.

I was so hopeful when LE stated they had a credible sighting :(

Moo
I'm pretty easy going and one renovation would put me over the edge. Especially if it's my home. I had my whole house replumbed and it took 2 days (they had to sheetrock 27 holes)
with 8 men. For 2 days my life was turned upside down. I can't imagine if it had been a month. I would have gone absolutely nuts!

I'm pretty easy going and one renovation would put me over the edge. Especially if it's my home. I had my whole house replumbed and it took 2 days (they had to sheetrock 27 holes)
with 8 men. For 2 days my life was turned upside down. I can't imagine if it had been a month. I would have gone absolutely nuts!

I pick up a new phobia with every case I follow. After reading this thread I really don't want to do any renovations on my house!

So JW said her rain coat was left in her car. She may or may not have had flip flops or running shoes.

What about what she wore to bed that night? Did she wear night clothes? If so are they missing? Are they on a bathroom floor like she changed?

Even with the Denise Martin case above, where she also left on foot and left car, ID, phone at home they had an idea of what she was wearing. They knew she had shoes and possibly a backpack. Her glasses were missing so they assumed she had them. She was seen out front in the morning.

I feel really uneasy that know one saw KW after the 6pm jog. That her friends and brother are surprised they hadn't heard from her. No one can say what she was wearing or even if she had shoes.

Moo

So now I've watched the entire interview with the husband. I gotta say, I'm not getting any bad vibes from him.

It sounds like the "stepson" does live with them based on the way he talked. But when he mentioned him, he said "our stepson", which begs the question...whose son is he?

Also, for some reason I pictured it as she left the house at 3 am. What he said is, he woke up and noticed she wasn't in bed. He then checked his phone and it was 3:30, and he assumed she had gone to sleep in another room. (He didnt say empty room), or that she had gone downstairs to write her thoughts as suggested by NP. When he got up, he didnt see her, etc. So she may have left the house for a walk at 7am for all anyone knows. He also said he didn't know what her footwear was...could have been sneakers.

I didn't hear any use of past tense.

He did say about writing down her thoughts...NP said she should write them down if she was having RACING thoughts. That caught my attention.

So now I've watched the entire interview with the husband. I gotta say, I'm not getting any bad vibes from him.

It sounds like the "stepson" does live with them based on the way he talked. But when he mentioned him, he said "our stepson", which begs the question...whose son is he?

Also, for some reason I pictured it as she left the house at 3 am. What he said is, he woke up and noticed she wasn't in bed. He then checked his phone and it was 3:30, and he assumed she had gone to sleep in another room. (He didnt say empty room), or that she had gone downstairs to write her thoughts as suggested by NP. When he got up, he didnt see her, etc. So she may have left the house for a walk at 7am for all anyone knows. He also said he didn't know what her footwear was...could have been sneakers.

I didn't hear any use of past tense.

He did say about writing down her thoughts...NP said she should write them down if she was having RACING thoughts. That caught my attention.
Is it just me or does there seem to be alot of missing info? When they went to bed at 8pm did husb fall asleep immediately? Did they talk? Did KW immediately fall asleep? What was she wearing to bed? Were those clothes found or could she be wearing them now? Just unsure about many things.. her brother and coworker friends seem to portray this lovely woman as a strong, motivated, loving put together all around great person- yes her husband praises her also but seems to talk about her anxiety in such a way as to make it extremely problematic and needed a Sunday session with NP- could she have hid this degree of anxiety so well from her coworkers and friends? Something just feels strange about this- maybe just the lack of info in some areas. Not casting shade at anyone.

I wonder if KW was even approving of the renovations in the first place?

this may seem irrelevant...

but I wonder if KW made substitute lesson plans for the days she would be out? (Monday and Tuesday)

this could indicate if she was thinking ahead or not...

and being such a thoughtful person she would know how important this would be for the students, as well...

It would be difficult (IMO) for a substitute teacher to step into a classroom without any plans by which to proceed...

Can you imagine the absolute stress of your home being renovated if you felt it was unneccessary or something you did not want done at this time. I know I would feel so trapped. Just reading your post made me say- omg I could not cope

Can you imagine the absolute stress of your home being renovated if you felt it was unneccessary or something you did not want done at this time. I know I would feel so trapped. Just reading your post made me say- omg I could not cope
I agree...

The turmoil itself...

As well as the financial burden ...

Could be quite concerning ESPECIALLY if this was not something she wished for in the first place...

Is it just me or does there seem to be alot of missing info? When they went to bed at 8pm did husb fall asleep immediately? Did they talk? Did KW immediately fall asleep? What was she wearing to bed? Were those clothes found or could she be wearing them now? Just unsure about many things.. her brother and coworker friends seem to portray this lovely woman as a strong, motivated, loving put together all around great person- yes her husband praises her also but seems to talk about her anxiety in such a way as to make it extremely problematic and needed a Sunday session with NP- could she have hid this degree of anxiety so well from her coworkers and friends? Something just feels strange about this- maybe just the lack of info in some areas. Not casting shade at anyone.
In my mind, he is considering the anxiety or stress to be problematic NOW, but at the time was just trying to help her. She may have been having a bad morning on Sunday, he suggests she see someone, she says she cant..she doesn't have time with work and kids and renovations, he says well so and so is an NP..maybe she could see you today since she's a friend and/or SIL, Kristin says okay great idea. Then NP says you need bloodwork..let's set that up for tomorrow. Maybe NP convinces Kristin she is having a harder time than she realized and maybe a couple days off would do her good, but she's a little embarrassed so doesn't want to tell brother and friends just yet. Maybe would like to get bloodwork back first.

That's a whole lot of maybes, but they make sense to me.

Funny though, in 24 minutes of interview husband never mentions she called out of work for Monday and Tuesday. (or did he and my minds just spiining?)

To be honest. I couldn't tell you what my husband, or any of my 3 kids was wearing to bed tonight. And I'm a girl. Men are even worse with those types of details.

*generalizations mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member