ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's been confirmed, it's that his car was at the boat launch and he owns a boat. It would seem if there was confirmation his boat was missing there would have been a picture of it on the posters.
It's a 15 ft boat- so it could be a lot of different places. It could just be tossed somewhere. It does not have to be at a dock.

That makes sense to me if he's still enlisted in the Army Reserves. If he has TRICARE Reserve Select, he'd be medically covered in a way similar to most other insurance plans. He'd pay a yearly premium, deductible, and copays... and the military would pick up the rest, as long as he went to a networked TRICARE provider. (I used to work for TRICARE.)

He could also be treated on base, if he made an appointment and clinic space was available. But he wouldn't be treated by the VA unless he'd been discharged. I wouldn't think.
Exactly this! I was looking up VA health benefits to see how it differs for reservists. I know active duty get paid retirement pay and VA benefits immediately, but I wasn't sure how reserve VA worked. They typically don't get retirement pay until 65 (could have been moved up sooner in recent years, but it's not at the time they retire).

Another thing is they have to enroll also. They are not forced to enroll and if someone has medical coverage with a job, they might not want to enroll.

I am looking for confirmation he has actually retired or when a possible date for that is. The only thing I have seen was his initial FB page when it was up and his own comments about retiring, but nothing official.

Due to the events prior to the killings, the length of time of this search, the suicide note, and the location of the car, I believe it is highly likely has has taken his life.

The one counter is the timing and location of the phone.

We are very likely in the recovery stage of this event.

Just my thoughts.

Otis
I'm thinking the same. I think the longer there is no sightings or sign of him, the more likely it is he's in the water yet to surface.

My gut tells me that this killer wanted to disappear as another 'screw you' to the victims, families, community, etc. I think he took himself way out in the water, weighed himself down, and sunk his boat. It would be his final horrible act that his body would not be discovered, and he would deny everyone the peace of mind that he is dead.

I'm thinking the same. I think the longer there is no sightings or sign of him, the more likely it is he's in the water yet to surface.
And he will hopefully be discovered quickly.

I'm reminded me of the case of Carol Schulte, who went into the Meremac River in Missouri, and was found 30 miles away (!) in the same body of water, about a week or two later. There was a super strong current at the time from recent storms. And more recently, there was a horribly intense isolated rain storm in Bucks County, PA, where about 7" of rain fell in 2 hours, causing small streams to turn into rivers in just an hour, washing out bridges on back roads and taking the lives of several people who were driving at the time. A toddler's body was located in the Delaware River in the northeast Philadelphia area about a week later, some 30 miles away, and of course their searches were mainly in the immediate area of the flooding.

Authorities to give update at 10pm UK time​

Officials in Lewiston, Maine, have confirmed they will hold a news conference today.
It will take place at 5pm local time (10pm UK time).
Initially authorities said the briefing would be at 8pm UK time but this has now been pushed back.
We'll have live updates for you here.

The towns in the area are fairly closed down. This was done after the Boston bombing and it did help in catching the men. Even LLBean is closed in Freeport. That's never closed, it's open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The UMaine system all the way up to Bangor is closed.
L.L. Bean has been open 24/7 for decades now, just about the only exception was during the pandemic.

I consider those hallucinations to be one of the most painful illnesses a human can suffer, it has to be awful.

IMO.

RSBM

Agree. Many years ago I had a close relative suffer from a psychotic episode and the auditory hallucinations were leading his every thought and move.

Tragically, there was a very sad outcome, but fortunately no one else was hurt.

It was heartbreaking and happened to a very intelligent, artistic, kind and loving person.

JMO

LEWISTON, Maine —
While investigators continue their manhunt for the gunman suspected in connection with the deaths of 18 people in Lewiston, Maine, we're learning more about the victims of the mass shootings.

Maine State Police Col. William G. Ross said seven people, including one female and six males, were killed at Just-In-Time Recreation. Eight people, including seven males inside the Schemengees Bar and Grille Restaurant and one male outside the business, were killed.

I live an hour away, our schools are still shut down and all the Halloween events have been cancelled. We all just want this monster to be found.

Thank you for sharing this information. Prayers to you and everyone in the area.

This is terrible, how many people are affected by this incident. And, interesting that things are shut down, even in surrounding areas. I wonder how far the shut down will happen...and at what point do people go back to normal?

Law enforcement officers conduct a manhunt Friday in Monmouth, Maine, for suspect Robert Card following a mass shooting on Wednesday.

Law enforcement officers conduct a manhunt Friday in Monmouth, Maine, for suspect Robert Card following a mass shooting on Wednesday

Law enforcement officials prepare to search the Androscoggin River in Lisbon Falls on Friday.

Law enforcement officials prepare to search the Androscoggin River in Lisbon Falls on Friday.
The Maine Department of Public Safety says it will hold another briefing at 5 p.m. ET.

Officials said earlier today that they are committed to briefing reporters every day at 10 a.m. ET, and may choose to hold an afternoon briefing if news merits.

My guess would be, that this man is already deceased somewhere, in a location he's very familiar with.
It's not as if you can do something like this and just move away, find a new job and start over.

jmo
A gun was found in his vehicle. Which is why I think the guy is still alive and there is a possibility someone is helping him evade capture.

JMO

I live an hour away, our schools are still shut down and all the Halloween events have been cancelled. We all just want this monster to be found.
My husband works for the IT department of a bank that has branches and an operations center in the Lewiston area, all of those branches were closed yesterday. I don't know if they are open today or not. So many impacted by this on various levels.

Interesting that I have a relative that's leaving the big city in Massachusetts for more peaceful living in a rural hunting and farming Maine life. He and his family are moving right there this weekend. He has to be out of his home by the weekend. He is in shock, as are we, at this horrible event. He may have to stay somewhere else and hold the movers temporarily. Doesn't matter where you go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay