ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut tells me that this killer wanted to disappear as another 'screw you' to the victims, families, community, etc. I think he took himself way out in the water, weighed himself down, and sunk his boat. It would be his final horrible act that his body would not be discovered, and he would deny everyone the peace of mind that he is dead.
While I do believe his mass murder of innocent people was premeditated, I seriously doubt he would premediate his own death.

The mass killer of his Texas neighbors was found four days later hiding under laundry in a closet. The massive manhunt had been fruitless until someone phoned in a tip. Hopefully, that will happen in this case.

JMO

The Androscoggin River is a fairly large river with a strong current-

...I don't think the Androscoggin river is passable very far south because of the numerous dams (without locks/bypasses) along the way. He wouldn't have been able to go more than two miles downstream, and not at all upstream (from that particular boat launch)...
Edit to add: above quotes RSBM

I am assuming RC's car was found at the boat landing at Frost Hill Rd/Lisbon Rd as reported by the Maine Dept of Public Safety presser and not at Pejepscot Boat Ramp as reported by Fox News.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but the Androscoggin River could be navigable by boat only 8 or so miles upstream to the falls in Lewiston and less than 2 miles downstream to the hydro power dam (where Canal St crosses the river). No boat could go around those obstacles.

If it was the Pejepscot Boat Ramp reported by Fox the story is the same, a boat can only go downstream a few miles to the Topsham dam. Any boat going into that river in Lisbon can't travel more more than a few miles. I think boats and jet skis are a red herring. MOO.

SgtRobAR.jpg

Last edited:
I live an hour away, our schools are still shut down and all the Halloween events have been cancelled. We all just want this monster to be found.

It is so unfair to children who look forward to enjoying Halloween with friends and family. What a nightmare this is for them to live in constant fear. One man caused all this suffering, and why?

My husband works for the IT department of a bank that has branches and an operations center in the Lewiston area, all of those branches were closed yesterday. I don't know if they are open today or not. So many impacted by this on various levels.

Did all stores close like gas stations? I'm very curious if is all businesses.

It is so unfair to children who look forward to enjoying Halloween with friends and family. What a nightmare this is for them to live in constant fear. One man caused all this suffering, and why?
Yes for sure no one can go trick or treating with this lunatic on the loose… welcome to this world children. :(

Authorities found a note from the Maine shooting suspect, Robert Card, which indicated that Card didn't expect to be alive when it was found, the equivalent of a suicide note in some manner, a law enforcement official told CNN.

This is, in part, is why the investigation has shifted to searching nearby waterways, the law enforcement source said.

The note, described by the official, essentially gave information and instruction to others about where things could be found and disposed of — ultimately suggesting when it was found or read that Card would no longer be alive.
I can't help but wonder if it was supposed to be a ruse to get people to let their guard down. If he was planning to kill himself rather than be taken alive, why make the big production of fleeing from the scene of the crime? He could have just had a standoff with cops in the parking lot. Of course, by now he's probably realizing he's not going to be able to continue his murder spree, so he might kill himself...but I don't think that was his original intent. Moo only.

Divers joined a manhunt that sprawled over a vast and largely rural region of southern Maine on Friday, nearly two days after a gunman killed 18 people in Lewiston, the state’s second-largest city.

Divers and aerial crews will search the Androscoggin River near where shooting suspect Robert Card’s vehicle was found, authorities said Friday morning. Law enforcement officers have recovered the cellphone of Card, 40, according to officials, and they are still looking for him after the country’s deadliest mass killing this year.

Sources described it as a suicide note that contained rantings as well as personal information like bank account details.

"It just didn't seem like that kind of individual. Like I said, people have problems, but you don't expect them to go off the deep end like that. Like I said, when I saw it on the news last night, I was shocked," neighbor David Letarte said

A firearm was found in that vehicle late Wednesday, and authorities are testing and tracing the gun to determine if it was involved in the shooting, multiple law enforcement sources told ABC News.

'The trail is cold' - Officers have no hard leads on suspects whereabouts​

Officers have no "hard leads" on the whereabouts of Robert Card, three law enforcement officials have told our US partner site NBC News.
They said the trail is cold as of now, and there have been no confirmed sightings of the 40-year-old suspect.
Extra resources, including people, search dogs and equipment, have been deployed across Maine, they added, but warned the search area could grow and more people might be needed.
Two separate law enforcement officials told the news outlet investigators are visiting gun stores to see if Card bought weapons.
This is because Maine's laws can result in little documentation of a gun purchase.

'The trail is cold' - Officers have no hard leads on suspects whereabouts​

Officers have no "hard leads" on the whereabouts of Robert Card, three law enforcement officials have told our US partner site NBC News.
They said the trail is cold as of now, and there have been no confirmed sightings of the 40-year-old suspect.
Extra resources, including people, search dogs and equipment, have been deployed across Maine, they added, but warned the search area could grow and more people might be needed.
Two separate law enforcement officials told the news outlet investigators are visiting gun stores to see if Card bought weapons.
This is because Maine's laws can result in little documentation of a gun purchase.

Our local NBC news just reported that President Biden is being kept informed and 200 FBI agents have joined in the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine