Meet & Greet for New Members #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I just joined and I'm a professional writer. I'm doing a Kindle Vella series on genetic genealogy cases and there are so many now! I also wrote 5 forensic science books last year for high school classes and libraries but they aren't published yet and might not be (the publisher changed hands during COVID).

I'm also an empath and the things I learn doing this bother me a lot. But I don't want to ignore crimes because of the families and the suffering and need for justice. So even when something really bothers me I try to separate my feelings and be objective and just document the information.

Anybody that has any ideas about genetic genealogy cases - I am open to suggestions! The Vella series isn't meant for the ones everyone knows about like the Golden State Killer. It's more for lesser known ones. Also I just learned about the Doe Project and will definitely support them. They can identify so many unknown victims with help.
Welcome to Ws AStirling, you have come to the right place!
Some Ws threads that may interest you for starters..

DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.

Othram - General Discussion

Some newbies here are interested in cold cases, old missing person cases still active, genealogy as @ASterling etc. (see how I did that with ASterling... I did an " @ " symbol before her/his name and it will notify that s/he was mentioned in a thread.. fyi to newbies also.

One recommendation for newbies, if interested, is to "subscribe" to the breaking news thread here at Websleuths. Sometimes, it allows you to start a case from the beginning, and sometimes, when something breaks/happens in a case or it moves to trial. MOO.

The requirement for that thread is that there is an MSM story AND a link to the current Websleuths discussion page to orient yourself. And if an ongoing case, you can usually get the gist of the case by going to post #1 on the WS thread that is linked in each post to get some background on the case... which for large cases in that post will have a link to another media thread to catch you up on a case.

***BREAKING NEWS!*** *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have just joined this site.
My name is Adrian and I live in the UK.
I hope to be asking for help soon, if that's not being too forward, only just starting here.
Otherwise good to be here.

Adrian.
Yes, welcome to WS!

Hi everyone, I've just joined today and wanted to say hi to you all, not sure how to work this site yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out...

• I'm a support worker for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities.

• I am and have always been interested in documentaries on crimes, murder, missing people and always have my own views and theories. Would love to see and hear other people's views and opinions on all of these cases
Good luck all x

Hope you all have a nice day!

Hi everyone, I've just joined today and wanted to say hi to you all, not sure how to work this site yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out...

• I'm a support worker for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities.

• I am and have always been interested in documentaries on crimes, murder, missing people and always have my own views and theories. Would love to see and hear other people's views and opinions on all of these cases
Good luck all x

Hope you all have a nice day!

Welcome! You will find there is a huge difference for navigation, subscribing to channels etc once you join. Take your time as it can be overwhelming... and find out what works best for you as to finding new posts, breaking news, how to subscribe to threads etc. etc. It takes some time, and again, welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I am Marie currently living in Florida but grew up on the Boston area. I took a few criminology classes in college and briefly considered law school. However, I became a teacher instead. I am very interested in unsolved cases in Boston.

i just joined semi recently, hello! i'm 22 and a year and a half sober (on methadone) from heroin and meth. i'm in my 20s and i don't have children but i have many loved ones. i take care of my disabled sister and she is the light of my life. i'm a freelance artist/mua but i'm also going to phlebotomy school and my goal is to be a cosmetic chemist or dermatologist.

i just joined semi recently, hello! i'm 22 and a year and a half sober (on methadone) from heroin and meth. i'm in my 20s and i don't have children but i have many loved ones. i take care of my disabled sister and she is the light of my life. i'm a freelance artist/mua but i'm also going to phlebotomy school and my goal is to be a cosmetic chemist or dermatologist.
Welcome. I’m impressed with your openness. I hope to see you around. So many good luck wishes to you. I’m a recovering prescription addict ~ clean six years now.
upload_2021-7-7_6-8-58.jpeg

Honesty keep you clean. :)

Hello, I am Heraldm gald to meet you. I believe that you will find a lot of interesting information for you here

I found this place looking up stuff on Annabelle Doe. I heard about it on one of the many true crime people on youtube. I probably, am subscribed to you but, i will make sure. Glad to see a nice place to talk about crime. Maybe, we can solve some. I like hearing people's ideas. I got a pm saying people that are victims feel better when people talk about their cases. I never thought about that. Guess, it would be a sort of therapy for some and I hope some day closure on the cold cases. I am in Alabama..I just thought of something..I should see if anything is going on there..i dunno like missing children or something. I check the most wanted stuff every once in awhile too. Ok, i am gonna jump to the forums and stuff yall got soon. I am glad to be here. Man, I thought webslueths was just a nick name Netflix gave true crime youtubers on the movie about the Elisa Lam case awhile back lol. I did not know my interests had a name. Glad to find out bye

Hi everyone!!! I am hooked on unsolved mysteries and human behaviours so thought I would join WS and investigate some of the more sinister behaviours being displayed by murderous individuals!!

Hi everyone!!! I am hooked on unsolved mysteries and human behaviours so thought I would join WS and investigate some of the more sinister behaviours being displayed by murderous individuals!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member