Meet & Greet for New Members #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Websleuth community. I am not only new to the this forum, I'm new to the idea of being a sleuth in general. I have 11 years working in the criminal justice system both as a prosecutor and a defense attorney. I also have the experience, skill, and equipment to search waterways in cases (like those that have been highly publicized lately) where there is an educated hunch but no local resources for a search. I thought that these skills may be of some potential use in this most noble of communities. In the meantime, I look forward to reading your research, thoughts, and conversations.

Welcome, @Alifeunderwater1980!
What great talent and skills you come bearing -- congratulations on your accomplishments and willingness to share with our community. I'm posting the link below for becoming a verified insider (VI) for your consideration.

I just read about another vehicle recovered today from a retention pond where the vehicle was only 18 inches below the water. Bittersweet that authorities had a location to offer the dive rescuers but apparently no services to recover the missing woman earlier.

https://twitter.com/wflajosh/status/1489045136713695233?s=21

Verification process

This means (usually) one of two things:

Thread is too long, and the Moderator is setting up the next thread

Thread has posts with rumors, trolling, baiting, flaming, general bad manners & a Moderator is closing the thread to delete off-topic posts

When I log on, I click on New Posts, and then from that list find that threads that interest me.

Try here for questions:

The Rules

Stick around, you'll get the hang of it!

Hi, my name is Jodie Louise and I am a newbie. This site is very confusing and I'm scared I may have already made mistakes..Lol! :eek:I am just trying to get to somewhere I can chat to others (?) but I don't know where to go.... Can anyone help please? I've already done a help message similar to this but I'm not sure who 'actually' saw it.. I would also like to apologise for any blunders I have already made in trying to get here. I live in Australia and am a long time Websleuths' viewer but brand spanking new chat member.
Thankyou! :)

Hi, my name is Jodie Louise and I am a newbie. This site is very confusing and I'm scared I may have already made mistakes..Lol! :eek:I am just trying to get to somewhere I can chat to others (?) but I don't know where to go.... Can anyone help please? I've already done a help message similar to this but I'm not sure who 'actually' saw it.. I would also like to apologise for any blunders I have already made in trying to get here. I live in Australia and am a long time Websleuths' viewer but brand spanking new chat member.
Thankyou! :)
Hi, welcome to Ws @JodieLouise!
Happy to help, any threads/topics in particular that you fancy?

Australia Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion*

Welcome, @Alifeunderwater1980!
What great talent and skills you come bearing -- congratulations on your accomplishments and willingness to share with our community. I'm posting the link below for becoming a verified insider (VI) for your consideration.

I just read about another vehicle recovered today from a retention pond where the vehicle was only 18 inches below the water. Bittersweet that authorities had a location to offer the dive rescuers but apparently no services to recover the missing woman earlier.

https://twitter.com/wflajosh/status/1489045136713695233?s=21

Verification process
Absolutely. I did wander into the VI posting but thought it was for people who had direct insider insight to specific cases. If professionals in general are welcomed, I'll certainly apply. Thank you!

Absolutely. I did wander into the VI posting but thought it was for people who had direct insider insight to specific cases. If professionals in general are welcomed, I'll certainly apply. Thank you!
Fantastic! Professionals are encouraged to become verified which allows you to share your personal experience when relating to a case as fact. It's always great to have an informed, valid response to a "what-if" in the discussion. Cheers.

Hi, I'm from the UK, looking to help out with unsolved cases in East Anglia.
I have lots of free time but I don't know how to begin. Any advice on how to navigate this site, where to get started, what to look for and what I can do from home, online or in libraries. I have a determined attitude and I am willing to put the work in to make a difference for these poor families.

I have lots of free time but I don't know how to begin. Any advice on how to navigate this site, where to get started, what to look for and what I can do from home, online or in libraries. I have a determined attitude and I am willing to put the work in to make a difference for these poor families.
Welcome to Ws @hollyfaups!
Just to start, try checking out a familiar area, ie East Anglia by looking for cases that interest you such as a cold unsolved crime or missing person, then search online to see if there is any new media about the case, copy a bit of the article and paste on that thread, the ball and conversation, should then start rolling.
Ws threads..
United Kingdom Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion* #2 | Page 34

Search Results for Query: East Anglia (websleuths.com)

Hello Websleuths! I’m Kate .

I am new to the forum, and so excited to get started here! I have been following all things True Crime for a long time..Like since I watched the entire OJ trial ..
About me: I have wildlife biology degree, 15 years of marine mammal and penguin training career, now I work with kids and teach them about the environment and all the creatures in it. Nice to meet you all!

Greetings. I'm from Knoxville, TN, and in my mid 60s. I'll not be actively posting anything but my opinion until I thoroughly grok the Rules (don't want to accidentally make a blunder). I'll be semi-retiring this year and have always wanted to participate in this community. Thank you for hosting such an interesting and informative forum!

I have watched pretty much nothing other than crime shows. Mostly real crime but I did get into Criminal Minds and The Glades...bur it's been nothing but crime shows for the last several years. I leave my TV on ID channel and I seriously hate getting into a show and fall asleep and not know what happened or got to listen to how wonderful the person was...is that weird? I think this site could entertain me for life. I think it sucks that there are so many people murdered and it doesn't click in my head how anyone could feel like they are the one who decides if one is going to live. I look forward to chattin!

Welcome, JaySpy, nice to have you join us!

". . . entertained for life," indeed. What we have here at WS is a 24/7 conversation about human behavior. It's fascinating!

Two helpful hints:
  • There is an "ignore" button. You won't need it often but you will be very glad to know where it is on the rare occassion you do. Click on the avatar, (mine is the green box to the left), of the poster you need to hide to find the button and other helpful info.

• Read The Rules It's what seperates Websleuths from social media mayhem.

Hello everyone,
I’m heard of this site in my line of work and was reminded of it from a late night/early morning viewing of a Discovery+ program, The Killing Fields. I’m a licensed Private Investigator located in Texas. I’m currently on break from work, enjoying a new grandchild. Looking forward to learning and helping here where I can.
Thank you for the welcome!

Last edited:
Hi. I read a lot of true crime (I am always doing some type of book reading challenge). ID and Oxygen are also the main channels I watch on regular tv beyond my consumption of horror and true crime on streaming channels such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and free Roku channels. I'm here to read, possibly post. I like that Websleuths doesn't focus on just the most popular (and most documented) cases but cares about all and esp the victims and their people.

I have lots of free Speed Test time but I don't know how to begin. Any advice on how to navigate this site, where to get started, what to look for and what I can do from home, online or in libraries. I have a determined attitude and I am willing to put the work in to make a difference for these poor families.
Welcome,, nice to have you ! am new here too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member