Meet & Greet for New Members #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm from the UK, looking to help out with unsolved cases in East Anglia.
I have lots of free time but I don't know how to begin. Any advice on how to navigate this site, where to get started, what to look for and what I can do from home, online or in libraries. I have a determined attitude and I am willing to put the work in to make a difference for these poor families.

1. READ THE RULES - all of them.
2. Post/comment, etc. as the spirit moves you, and don't get upset if any of your posts get deleted because of the Rules.
3. Repeat #1.

MOO - YMMV - etc.

Hello, I just joined and am glad to be a new member of the community. I'm interested in true crime and have a background in writing and journalism. I'd like to learn amateur sleuthing skills as well as tap into this community's skillset to look into an open case happening in Berlin, Germany.

Hello,

Long time lurker finally deciding to post and be more active. Growing up my mother's cousin Tammy Lynn Leppart went missing in 1983 and that sort of prompted my interest in trying to solve a mystery. My uncle was the detective to take Ottis Toole's first confession and that sort of just gives you a glimpse into the dynamics in my family and the discussions occurring around our get-togethers and dinner tables.

So while these two cases certainly left an imprint on me it was just a sub-culture growing up and many cases over the years informed who it is that I would eventually become. Who I ultimately became was a trauma response and medical social worker. I speak to individuals after an event. I don't know what I can contribute here other than a fresh perspective and thought process that often is based on instinct and just knowing people. Sometimes I stumble into the thick of it and other times I am just left helping pick up the pieces in the aftermath. But I hope to explore some of these cases with fresh eyes. Thank you for all you do.

Also, my birthday is supposed to be 73, not 83...autofill may have snagged me there. Not sure who to contact with that.

Last edited:
Hello,

Long time lurker finally deciding to post and be more active. Growing up my mother's cousin Tammy Lynn Leppart went missing in 1983 and that sort of prompted my interest in trying to solve a mystery. My uncle was the detective to take Ottis Toole's first confession and that sort of just gives you a glimpse into the dynamics in my family and the discussions occurring around our get-togethers and dinner tables.

So while these two cases certainly left an imprint on me it was just a sub-culture growing up and many cases over the years informed who it is that I would eventually become. Who I ultimately became was a trauma response and medical social worker. I speak to individuals after an event. I don't know what I can contribute here other than a fresh perspective and thought process that often is based on instinct and just knowing people. Sometimes I stumble into the thick of it and other times I am just left helping pick up the pieces in the aftermath. But I hope to explore some of these cases with fresh eyes. Thank you for all you do.

Also, my birthday is supposed to be 73, not 83...autofill may have snagged me there. Not sure who to contact with that.
Welcome to Ws @The_ Write _Girl, Happy you decided to join in, you have come to the ''write'' place!
Ws thread..
FL - FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983 | Page 38 (websleuths.com)

Hello, I just joined and am glad to be a new member of the community. I'm interested in true crime and have a background in writing and journalism. I'd like to learn amateur sleuthing skills as well as tap into this community's skillset to look into an open case happening in Berlin, Germany.
Welcome to Ws @ TheRiver!
If we do not have a thread for the case you have in mind, one can be started for you if you like.
Ws threads..
Germany Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion* | Page 6

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I’m Kathryn and am a mom of 3! I have had a deep love for crime since 2008. I have just jumped into the Lisk and have been hanging onto the Steve Avery case for a LONG time. I am super excited to be here and to share this interest with you all! I am new to be a sleuth and am ready to jump in!

Hi everyone! I just joined yesterday after watching The Killing Fields. Excited to finally find a community that understands me and my passion for this. I look forward to contributing and learning! I'm 34 and from Missouri!
Welcome to WS @CexxiCeCe! There seem to be a high number of mothers that go missing in M! I've been following missing Angela Green, who vanished June 2019, presumed deceased for sure.

Kansas City area daughters wish for breaks in their mother's cases this Christmas

Hey Folks,
Much more pleased to have me into this wonderful treasure zone. Impressed to find the huge options to learn something new and the opportunity to share thoughts, ideas and experiences. I am sure my journey in Web Sleuths Family will be very exciting.
Thanks all.

Hello, y'all! (Sorry, pic is sideways. Great start on the intro!)

Anywho... I am a podcaster that is starting a new true-crime podcast. I have always been enthralled in the history of missing, exploited, murdered persons of color. I, am a woman of color and understand the struggle within my surroundings and understanding who I am and where I belong. I have a lost history of my people and want to connect on any level. In a way, I want to give my support to others that fall in MMIWG2R, LGBTQ2S, AAPI, BIPOC by bringing our brothers and sisters' home.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Coyote Gunnyon. I live in central Washington by the Yakama Reservation. I am interested in a number of unsolved homicides that have happened to young women. All these woman are of Tribal descent except one that is Latino who was found in the tribal closed area.

This has also led me to profile a few people that I find highly suspicious and has led my search down into California.

I am hoping to find out what happened to these woman. It sits at the edge of my mind and won’t go away.

Best Regards
Coyote

hello! call me mundy. i'm a student who likes to write, play guitar, and trawl the internet for mystery clues in my spare time. i'm fascinated by the art of doe reconstructions (my avatar is the alleged reconstruction of the jane doe later id'ed as cheryl bowman), and i've been thinking about a career path in forensic pathology. it's nice to meet you all!

Hello! I'm Krissi, and I'm a 47yr old Criminology student from NYC. I have been obsessed with the horribly broken criminal justice system in the U.S. and have been a hardcore, invested documentary, true crime series, and cold case buff for the past 10 years. I've finally decided to go back to school to be able to actually try and do something about our broken system that I complain soo much about! My law school journey starts next year, and I am here to meet new "like-minded" people, that are serious about solving crimes and getting justice for the too many victims that deserve the justice our law enforcement and judicial system has yet to give them! I'm excited to be here and nice to virtually meet you all!;):)

Hello, Coyote,

I just moved back to Montana from the Tri-Cities area in Washington. I am also interested in researching missing persons cases and murders of indigenous women on tribal lands. I feel they often go under reported and are often outright ignored. I am just begining to learn how to research cases online and only discovered this site today. I am hoping to help in any way I can.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Coyote Gunnyon. I live in central Washington by the Yakama Reservation. I am interested in a number of unsolved homicides that have happened to young women. All these woman are of Tribal descent except one that is Latino who was found in the tribal closed area.

This has also led me to profile a few people that I find highly suspicious and has led my search down into California.

I am hoping to find out what happened to these woman. It sits at the edge of my mind and won’t go away.

Best Regards
Coyote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members