Meet & Greet for New Members #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a newbie and have a lot to learn here to navigate smoothly... I was one of Alicia Markovich's best friends when she vanished in 1987. I have been an advocate for over 10 years for Alicia trying to keep her disappearance in the spotlight. A group of us have just recently started a full blown social media awareness campaign including a Billboard (with wrong phone# attached) to try to get new tips and a new look into Alicia's case. If you have any information or tips please contact Trooper Murdock of the PSP Indiana Barracks at 1-724-357-1978.
Welcome & good luck. Sorry about your friend. Hope you find answers soon.

Hello All - I was a lurker for a while but recently jumped back into WS.

I am working with the family of Shawn Betz in my hometown of Upland, CA to re-ignite a 34 year old cold case.

Tomorrow we'll be at a televised meeting with the Police Chief, Mayor & City Manager.

Hope they are receptive & this goes well...
Fingers crossed you will get some new awareness for Shawn.

I am a newbie and have a lot to learn here to navigate smoothly... I was one of Alicia Markovich's best friends when she vanished in 1987. I have been an advocate for over 10 years for Alicia trying to keep her disappearance in the spotlight. A group of us have just recently started a full blown social media awareness campaign including a Billboard (with wrong phone# attached) to try to get new tips and a new look into Alicia's case. If you have any information or tips please contact Trooper Murdock of the PSP Indiana Barracks at 1-724-357-1978.
Welcome to Ws @justice4aliciam!
Ws thread..
Poster: MISSING - Alicia Markovich - Pennsylvania - 1987

Hello, Everyone!

My name is Justin and I just stumbled upon and joined WebSleuths. I have a feeling that this is definitely going to be a new "rabbit hole" in my life and I'm very excited about that!

I am a huge fan of the true crime podcasts, shows, investigations, etc. So, I think I'm definitely in the right spot.

I am also hoping to get a new forum going (I can't seem to find a current one that's already related) regarding my Uncle's murder in Columbus, GA. It is currently the oldest unsolved murder case in Columbus, Georgia. Billy Hicks: May 3, 1973; 100 Sixth St., Columbus, GA.

Wish me luck!

I wish you luck! And all others who joint recently.

Hi everyone! My name is Isabella. I am 33 years old and love all things crime! I found out about this site from watching a documentary, which is my favorite type of tv. I also recently started listening to podcasts and loving those. I'm so excited to chat and discuss things on this page with like minded people

P.s. I hope I am doing this right lol.

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I am a true crime junkie, can't help it, it's in my genes thanks to my mother. Would love to help solve a crime or be the one to help find a missing person. My family knows how it feels to have someone missing for 20+ years, as it was my mother's first cousin. Luckily my family member was found alive over 20 years ago but unfortunately she wanted nothing to do with the family. Unfortunately there's not always a happy ending.

Hi all.

My name is Paul Manning. I was a cop. Started at 18 years old, now pushing 50.

I was directed here by a friend, knowing my 'forced retirement' is killing me.

I'll lurk around for the next week or so and try get a feel on what this is all about.

Very fortunate in my career. Worked for hundreds of police services on three continents. A lot of experience especially in covert operations (undercover work) and transnational organized crime. In fact I spent almost 6 years of my 30 year career undercover. Infiltrated some real tough crews including the Mafia and Hells Angels.

Worked units such as (but not limited too) drugs, vice, warrants, mis pers, AWOL's, surveillance, Anti-Terrorism, Robbery, OC, homicide and cold homicide warrant case. When I was working cold case homicides in 2000 (that's 22 years ago :() I was the young(ish), cop who ID'd and located Yousseff Wahid and put out an Interpol red warrant for him after he raped and murdered a young Canadian girl and left her body in a suitcase at Heathrow Airport back in the late 90s, early 00's.

I bring this up, because from the quick browsing I've done I get the first impression that's what you're all trying to do. Solve the unsolved, or find the unfound, which is truly commendable.

If verification of my 'cop status' required I have a few pictures on Instagram handle @mobinfiltrator. You won't find many because undercover's really don't like having their pictures taken, but they're there.

Any advice on etiquette much appreciated. If I post incorrectly, again a quick nudge in the right direction also appreciated.

Peace.

Hi everyone, a massive book and true crime nerd here. As someone who has always been fascinated by criminal investigation and sleuthing it’s a surprise I only found out about this place recently. Hopefully I’ll slowly get the hang of manoeuvring around the site - mostly lurking - and possibly attempt to post more in future to help do my part in furthering this awesome community.

Good Evening All,

I do hope you are all well and in good spirits considering where we find ourselves the last 2 years, I am British and live in Glasgow , well travelled and totally in tune with this site.

Keep Happy People.

XR

Hello everyone,

My name is Porter and I am a 21-year-old college student from the United States, and I found WebSleuths from reading about missing persons cold cases on the Charley Project. My interest in those cold cases later branched into unidentified persons cases.

The first thread I read on WS was the Mary Anderson case out of Seattle, which is one case that I am always thinking about, and I am encouraged to see recent developments on it.

Looking forward to reading, learning, and discussing more on WS with you all!

Hi! I'm appletreeingarden, and I first heard about the websleuths website via the true crime YouTube videos I've watched. I care really deeply about the victims of unsolved cases and about missing persons, both cases that are recent but also very old historic cases. I'm 19, and English is not my native language but I do the best I can. I'm happy to be here!

Hello Everybody!
Im new here .
My name is Marc-Andree Meier.
Here in Germany/Europe the so called Texas Killing Fields nearby Houston are well known too,at least for the younger generations.
Its 50 Years gone now,cince these nasty events started.
I researched the last years all available information regarding this particular cases and came to the conclusion that the investigators(police,FBI) searching into the wrong direction.
The suspects should be searched in the former Surf Community of Galveston or at least the murderer had contact with certain members the surfer community,so they got vital information about the victims.

Furthermore can say,the two individuals,who were the killers of Adele (Gypsy)Crabtree,are with high certainty the killers of the surfer girls too.
There is a connection.
The police of Houston back then suspect Harry Andrew Lanham JR the killings of 8 Girls or even more in 1971.
But without real evidence he could only accused for the murdering of (only)two young womans.
i will try to get more information regarding these cases in the near future.
Thats it for now.
Thank you

Marc

hi all! I’m new here! I’ve been looking into a local man who went missing and nothing has been found out his whereabouts so far and I was led to this forum.
Welcome to Ws CrimeMeARiver, neat moniker!
If you have a newspaper or police link with information about the missing man, post it and a thread could be started.

Hi all.

My name is Paul Manning. I was a cop. Started at 18 years old, now pushing 50.

I was directed here by a friend, knowing my 'forced retirement' is killing me.

I'll lurk around for the next week or so and try get a feel on what this is all about.

Very fortunate in my career. Worked for hundreds of police services on three continents. A lot of experience especially in covert operations (undercover work) and transnational organized crime. In fact I spent almost 6 years of my 30 year career undercover. Infiltrated some real tough crews including the Mafia and Hells Angels.

Worked units such as (but not limited too) drugs, vice, warrants, mis pers, AWOL's, surveillance, Anti-Terrorism, Robbery, OC, homicide and cold homicide warrant case. When I was working cold case homicides in 2000 (that's 22 years ago :() I was the young(ish), cop who ID'd and located Yousseff Wahid and put out an Interpol red warrant for him after he raped and murdered a young Canadian girl and left her body in a suitcase at Heathrow Airport back in the late 90s, early 00's.

I bring this up, because from the quick browsing I've done I get the first impression that's what you're all trying to do. Solve the unsolved, or find the unfound, which is truly commendable.

If verification of my 'cop status' required I have a few pictures on Instagram handle @mobinfiltrator. You won't find many because undercover's really don't like having their pictures taken, but they're there.

Any advice on etiquette much appreciated. If I post incorrectly, again a quick nudge in the right direction also appreciated.

Peace.

That is quite a background. I would like to hear more. There is a verification process, and I hope you do! Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

hi! im <modsnip> from the usa and i use she her pronouns. im interested in pursing forensic science or psychology. i hope to help out in anyway i can on here. have a nice day and stay safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sleuths! My name is Tasha. I’m 35 years old & reside in Tennessee. I’m the head cashier of a store and I am a special needs mom to my 7 year old.

I have always been drawn to true crime and the psychological aspect of criminal behaviors. Since YouTube, my interest in true crime has grown and grown by learning of new cases and doing my own research.

I’ve always wanted to be involved with helping victims. Web sleuthing is something I have wanted to do for a while. I would love to connect with others that have the same interest!

Hi all- my name is Jesse and I’m a 39 year old father of two from New Jersey. I did not know this website existed but am very happy I found it! I currently work in telecom but have a degree in criminal justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper