Meet & Greet for New Members

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for the warm welcome. I hope that I can be some help.

Welcome to the family. I'm an amateur, just a friendly soul trying to help in any way I can. I hope your expertise will reunite some of these people with their loved ones. That would be wonderful.

Hello everyone, I'm freshly minted as of today. I live in the UK. I don't work in law enforcement, but I'm a historian by training, a writer by inclination and I hope there's something I can contribute, even if it's only reading and re-reading what others have posted.

As for what led me here, of all things it was a work of fiction - the Alice Sebold novel, 'The Lovely Bones' and the movie of the same name. It served to remind me that there are so many John and Jane Does out there - across the world - who are in danger of being forgotten. The story got me thinking and the nagging became an itch to do something about it, which led me to the Doe Network and a realization of the sheer vastness of the problem. From the Doe Network I found Websleuths, so here I am. I'm not sure what I can contribute here, but I hope I can at least help.

Thank you WS for accepting me to the online sleuthing world! Since I was a kid I have been known as the "researcher" and "investigator" ~ the internet has made things a bit more interesting, dont ya think? Thanks again from sunny Florida!

Hi everyone,

I first heard about this website on the podcast Up and Vanished, and I'm excited to discover a community of online sleuths!

I'm a Canadian writer. I've been focused on a (26 years cold) murder case for the last few years, with the intention of writing a non-fiction book about it. From what I understand, I can't begin a new thread until I have ten posts, so I'll noodle about on the forums until I reach that number. (It looks like there isn't an existing discussion for this case-- the murder of Krystal Senyk by Ron Bax-- though it's received a lot of attention over the years.)
Ws thread..
CANADA - Krystal Senyk,29,Whitehorse, shot dead by RCMP's most wanted,Ronald Jeffrey Bax, 2 March 1992

Hello all,

I'm new here. I knew about websleuths and I knew it was something I was interested in, but it wasn't until recently while learning about the Zodiac Killer that I remembered to sign up. I'm working at a law firm right now, but have plans to finish my degree soon and possibly get a masters in archival studies. I love to go down rabbit holes and collect information. So here I am! I hope I can be of help. I'm starting by looking at missing persons cases in my area.

Thanks for letting me join! These unsolved cases horrify me. I just finished watching The Killing Season on Amazon Prime. I had no idea all these unsolved, unreported "missing" missing cases were going on to these poor marginalized woman. I tried finding updates to the cases those two were looking into in that documentary series and couldn't find any advances. That is scary! I used to sleep in my car in truck stops when I'd make road trips by myself. Never again!! Wow. I've asked my single women friends to watch at least the one episode regarding truckers and serial killers, A Killer On The Road. Anyway, I would love to help in any way I can as long as it doesn't freak me out to much!!

I have for a long time lurked on Websleuths, just now joining and I hope to in some small way to be able to contribute info that would be helpful. Y'all are a fantastic group of people, & I stand in awe of your sleuthing. Thank you for this opportunity.

Nice to meet u!
I have for a long time lurked on Websleuths, just now joining and I hope to in some small way to be able to contribute info that would be helpful. Y'all are a fantastic group of people, & I stand in awe of your sleuthing. Thank you for this opportunity.
Ok I’m also a lurking n00b!! We have a fair amount in common
Love the same shows & pretty much any intake of true crime related entertainment is just for me
In my 40’s; studied forensic science in college & was pre-vet; now I’m a freelance artist. Love my family & our dogs! I can’t wait for the interesting content & potential conversations!

I've just joined today and wanted to say hello to everyone!

I'm Laura, 31 from York, North Yorkshire, England and I'm a support worker for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.

I am particularly interested in the Skylar Neese murder, Steven Avery, JonBenet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann if anyone would like to discuss these with me or share info and theories.

Hope you all have a nice day!
HI nice to meet u Laura

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to our new members. I am personally grateful to all of you who are coming to Websleuths.

If you are feeling shy and are worried about joining in I have a suggestion. Pick an older missing person's case or cold case. See if you can find any updates on the case. If you can post the update with a message to the victim's loved ones.

If you pick a case and you can't find an update then simply post a message of encouragement to the loved ones of the victim.

When you take the time to do this we will once in a while hear from family members who are incredibly grateful that someone is talking about their loved one's case. They will say they Googled the person's name and the only thing that came up was the Websleuths discussion thread. It helps them to know that people still care.

To make a post of encouragement doesn't cost you anything other than a few minutes of your time.

Here you go:
The Missing Forums
The Cold Case Forums

Thanks Everyone,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Thanks for letting me join! These unsolved cases horrify me. I just finished watching The Killing Season on Amazon Prime. I had no idea all these unsolved, unreported "missing" missing cases were going on to these poor marginalized woman. I tried finding updates to the cases those two were looking into in that documentary series and couldn't find any advances. That is scary! I used to sleep in my car in truck stops when I'd make road trips by myself. Never again!! Wow. I've asked my single women friends to watch at least the one episode regarding truckers and serial killers, A Killer On The Road. Anyway, I would love to help in any way I can as long as it doesn't freak me out to much!!
Thanks for letting me join! These unsolved cases horrify me. I just finished watching The Killing Season on Amazon Prime. I had no idea all these unsolved, unreported "missing" missing cases were going on to these poor marginalized woman. I tried finding updates to the cases those two were looking into in that documentary series and couldn't find any advances. That is scary! I used to sleep in my car in truck stops when I'd make road trips by myself. Never again!! Wow. I've asked my single women friends to watch at least the one episode regarding truckers and serial killers, A Killer On The Road. Anyway, I would love to help in any way I can as long as it doesn't freak me out to muc AMA

I am watching Killing Season now. I am super aggravated with the German guy when he said that a dump site wouldn’t be close to the killers house. John Wayne Gacy literally lived on top of his dump site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast