Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a great headline: Aviello: "I lied because I love Raffaele Sollecito." Also in the article: According to Aviello, his version of events was not only false, but the false testimony was agreed upon with Sollecito and Knox lawyers. He was to be paid 30 000 euros for a sex change operation by Sollecito's sister. Per the lying prisoner, the false testimony was intended "to create confusion in the process." Not too long ago, posts on this forum defended these liars as being good people, even if they were mafia and child murderers, but the fact that Aviello has been convicted for libel eight times may be the more appealing perspective to take today.

http://www.nuovasocieta.it/cronaca/...ho-mentito-perche-amo-raffaele-sollecito.html

That's absurd. Maybe Aviello liked his testimony, but none of the Sollecitos or their attorneys are so stupid as to have approved it.

Nobody here called the testifying convicts "good people." That's an out and out falsehood. (I have no opinion as to whether the error is deliberate or not.)

But Aviello shouldn't be lumped together with the others in terms of testimony. Aviello told a specific story that could have been checked and debunked by ILE if they had ever bothered to really investigate the crime.

The other convicts, IIRC, told what they had heard RG say. I wasn't there and don't speak Italian. But in English, their testimonies aren't at all outrageous and for all I know they were telling the truth.

But nobody said they were "good people."

She spent 82 Euros on one camisole and one pair of panties at a shop called Bubble and she was overheard by the shopkeeper making sexual overtures with Sollecito while they were selecting the lingerie. How far was that supposed to take her ... to the next week? I read the article where Edda claimed that Knox bought underwear at a second hand shop and that it wasn't really lingerie or anything odd ... but it was odd, given the fact that her roommate had just been brutally murdered what ... the day before, two days before? Buying underwear at a second hand shop is odd too, but what happened was odd in a more serious way.

Might have been $82, but that's an awful lot of money to spend on one pair of panties with the excuse that she didn't have access to her things and needed underwear for the next 26 years.

And your point is what? The fact remains that her things were locked at the crime scene and she needed substitutes. How much she spent on those items are her business.

My understanding is that Guede's case is closed, so it's not possible to introduce new evidence. It's worth noting that collection of evidence was closed at a certain time prior to trial. This part of the process is done to ensure that the prosecution can't spring new evidence on the accused at the last minute.

It was deterimined during Guede's trial that although he only admitted to being at the scene, there was evidence that he was involved in the assault. Similar evidence led to the conviction of Sollecito and Knox. DNA evidence was matched to all three suspects. If DNA evidence is in question, then it would also be in question with the case against Guede. It's not really possible to argue the lonewolf theory when there is nothing to prove that he was doing anything other than being in the bathroom during the attack and then going to Meredith's aid. His footprints and fingerprints are consistent with his story. If the DNA is to be tossed, then I think the lonewolf theory has to go with it.

The DNA on the knife handle has been a confirmed match with Knox. This evidence is neither here nor there except that the DNA on the blade could hypothetically be contaminated, and Sollecito said it got there during a dinner party that Meredith attended at his apt. In fact, there had never been there. Same story with the clasp. Hypothetically it may have been contaminated. If it wasn't flying DNA in the cottage, it was faulty lab work. Seems to me that if there was something wrong with the collection and processing of the evidence, then both the blade and the handle should be contaminated.

:sigh:

That the DNA wasn't examined by independent experts in RG's appeal may be unfortunate, but that doesn't change the latest findings.

Nobody has said that ALL DNA results are tainted (though perhaps they should). RG's DNA appears in MK's room in far greater quantities.

AK's appears only a knife that can no longer be linked to the crime.

Apparently RS' DNA doesn't appear in the murder room at all.

So what if the DNA on the knife handle matches AK? She cooked in that kitchen. Her DNA should be there. That doesn't change the fact that MK's supposed DNA appears in quantities too low to be considered valid. And it never made sense that that knife would be carried to the cottage in the first place.

Sure. Sollecito could have had a buzz cut because he's a 25 year old man and needed a haircut ... nothing to do with looking "pretty" to the other prisoners or lice.

It was just a thought and I identified it as speculation from the outset. You've supplied an alternative theory and I've said I hope you are right. Jeeze, Louise!

It was just a thought and I identified it as speculation from the outset. You've supplied an alternative theory and I've said I hope you are right. Jeeze, Louise!

:floorlaugh:

I'm sorry, sometimes I just have to laugh here or I'd be forever :banghead:

I hear your frustration!

Wouldn't that be something if Guede, Knox and Sollecito got away with murder? Meredith Kercher would never have justice.

Well, she certainly won't get justice if two innocent people are convicted.

What kind of expert does one have to be to see that the broken glass is on top of the items that were thrown onto the floor in connection with the murder?

I don't know, but since apparently nobody was smart enough to use a camera, I certainly don't trust them to judge whether a break in was staged.

Well, she certainly won't get justice if two innocent people are convicted.

Exactly. Just imagine, if you were the victim of such a horrific crime and were somehow aware of the aftermath (not that I believe in an afterlife personally, but for the sake of this...) I feel like I'd almost rather have the killer walk free than have 2 innocent people locked up and defamed. It's a tough call.

Such a horrible concept.

Knox claimed that because she did not have access to her things, she needed to buy underwear. She bought underwear for one day: $82 worth of lingerie. Since then it has been suggested that it was regular underwear, and most recently her mother said that she was shopping in a second hand shop for the underwear. The activity is suspicious given that it was the day after they, and many others, were first questioned by police. Others that knew Meredith were mourning, sad ... but Knox and Sollecito were out shopping for lingerie. This unusual reaction by the culprits is why it has something to do with the murder. It forms part of the circumstantial evidence.

The repeated reversion to tabloid nonsense only weakens the case against AK.

AK needed a change of underwear; she bought a change of underwear.

In fact, you don't know whether her roommates also bought underwear. But both were away the night of the murder and may have had changes of clothes with them.

That's absurd. Maybe Aviello liked his testimony, but none of the Sollecitos or their attorneys are so stupid as to have approved it.

Nobody here called the testifying convicts "good people." That's an out and out falsehood. (I have no opinion as to whether the error is deliberate or not.)

But Aviello shouldn't be lumped together with the others in terms of testimony. Aviello told a specific story that could have been checked and debunked by ILE if they had ever bothered to really investigate the crime.

The other convicts, IIRC, told what they had heard RG say. I wasn't there and don't speak Italian. But in English, their testimonies aren't at all outrageous and for all I know they were telling the truth.

But nobody said they were "good people."

So now the 8 libel charges should be taken into consideration and the prisoner's testimony should not be taken seriously? Dr Sollecito was willing pay to make water run uphill. What wouldn't he have approved and done to have his son released from jail? We don't know about the 30 000 Euros yet, but Aviello wants his money for the sex change.

I could probably find some posts about the baby killer having killed the child shortly after taking him, implying that at least he didn't torture the child ... even though the child was was yanked from his high chair, dragged through the streets and murdered because he was crying. I think it was suggested that just because he's a baby killer it doesn't mean he isn't telling the truth this time.

I think Sollecito would have a bird if he knew that men and women in the US were describing him as "pretty". I think that if a man shaves his head three years into a prison term, it's more likely because of hygiene than because he doesn't want to look "pretty" anymore.
:mad:

How many 25 year old heterosexual professional males would like to be described as pretty; a feminine term ... not even in Italy.

I agree that Sollecito has a very odd expression in many of his photos. He seems to have his lips thinly pursed and twist to the right. It gives the impression of a mental disturbance. The strange appearance of Sollecito has nothing to do with his hair. Knox has her own quirks, as does Guede. It's not surprising that the culprits are unable to hide their mental disturbances - and who can blame them after four years in prison ... their lives are harshly written on their faces. People say that Knox has aged and matured in jail, that Sollecito looks like a hardened criminal ... two ways of saying the same thing.

Sure. Sollecito could have had a buzz cut because he's a 25 year old man and needed a haircut ... nothing to do with looking "pretty" to the other prisoners or lice.
I really do think Sollecito had to tone down the pretty-boy look. :snooty: And I think there is some depth to that look, a back story, as it were, and if you know what I mean, which makes it doubly unlikely to me that he would have felt motivated to harm MK. RS and AK were unusual people in one sense, in their sexual development, which in both had been stalled and questioned, even by themselves. But that is not the sort of paraphilia which motivates murder: It is the sort which might get you suspected of such by certain people.

How many 25 year old heterosexual professional males would like to be described as pretty; a feminine term.

I agree that Sollecito has a very odd expression in many of his photos. He seems to have his lips thinly pursed and twist to the right. It gives the impression of a mental disturbance. Knox has her own quirks, as does Guede. It's not surprising that the culprits are unable to hide their thoughts ... or that they are written on their faces. People say that Knox has aged and matured in jail, that Sollecito looks like a hardened criminal ... two ways of saying the same thing.
Read my other comment to you. :snooty:

She spent 82 Euros on one camisole and one pair of panties at a shop called Bubble and she was overheard by the shopkeeper making sexual overtures with Sollecito while they were selecting the lingerie. How far was that supposed to take her ... to the next week? I read the article where Edda claimed that Knox bought underwear at a second hand shop and that it wasn't really lingerie or anything odd ... but it was odd, given the fact that her roommate had just been brutally murdered what ... the day before, two days before? Buying underwear at a second hand shop is odd too, but what happened was odd in a more serious way.

Might have been $82, but that's an awful lot of money to spend on one pair of panties with the excuse that she didn't have access to her things and needed underwear for the next 26 years.
OK, but what if this only means that she was interested in having a good time with the man she loved, and distancing herself from the death of a roommate whom she had not been close to recently? I used to place great importance on this underwear event until the evidence fell apart, voiding it of any psychoanalytical meaning.

How many 25 year old heterosexual professional males would like to be described as pretty; a feminine term.

I agree that Sollecito has a very odd expression in many of his photos. He seems to have his lips thinly pursed and twist to the right. It gives the impression of a mental disturbance. Knox has her own quirks, as does Guede. It's not surprising that the culprits are unable to hide their thoughts ... or that they are written on their faces. People say that Knox has aged and matured in jail, that Sollecito looks like a hardened criminal ... two ways of saying the same thing.

Are you suggesting that someone innocent and jailed for 4 years would not wear a weathered or tense expression or show signs of ageing/maturing? Seems a bit far-fetched to me...

Also, whilst some heterosexual men might object, there are many, many educated heterosexual men who would be absolutely fine with that term. Being feminine should not be treated as a bad thing. These days I would hope that both men and women are more open to such things and that they wouldn't consider anything feminine as being insulting. As a woman, and a feminist, I find that notion insulting.

The repeated reversion to tabloid nonsense only weakens the case against AK.

AK needed a change of underwear; she bought a change of underwear.

In fact, you don't know whether her roommates also bought underwear. But both were away the night of the murder and may have had changes of clothes with them.

What are you suggesting is a repeat from a tabloid?

Knox bought one pair of panties and claimed that she did it right after the murder because she couldn't access her things and needed underwear ... knowing that it would be some time before she had access to her things. She spent $82 on this one piece of underwear. Are you suggesting that this was all she needed for the next few days? Surely she knew that since her rental was a crime scene she wouldn't be going home for a while ... one $82 pair of underwear from the second hand shop to replace the underwear that she couldn't access in the next few days, weeks or months? That's a nice story, but not believable.

As an addition to my previous post, this works both ways. Women can and often are referred to as handsome and this is not an insult. In fact this is frequently done on America's Next Top Model (by people utterly concerned with beauty) and is considered high praise.

What are you suggesting is a repeat from a tabloid?

Knox bought one pair of panties and claimed that she did it right after the murder because she couldn't access her things and needed underwear ... knowing that it would be some time before she had access to her things. She spent $82 on this one piece of underwear. Are you suggesting that this was all she needed for the next few days? Surely she knew that since her rental was a crime scene she wouldn't be going home for a while ... one $82 pair of underwear from the second hand shop to replace the underwear that she couldn't access in the next few days, weeks or months? That's a nice story, but not believable.

Can you give a cite for this information? I'd be very interested to see this if it is indeed true.

Are you suggesting that someone innocent and jailed for 4 years would not wear a weathered or tense expression or show signs of ageing/maturing? Seems a bit far-fetched to me...

Also, whilst some heterosexual men might object, there are many, many educated heterosexual men who would be absolutely fine with that term. Being feminine should not be treated as a bad thing. These days I would hope that both men and women are more open to such things and that they wouldn't consider anything feminine as being insulting. As a woman, and a feminist, I find that notion insulting.

Four years is long enough to begin to correct a confused memory, dream imagining and drug fueled murder. Do innocent people get weathered criminal looking expressions? Sollecito was described as a "hardened criminal" because he cut his hair, but I suspect it's written all over his face.

I don't think it would be a good idea to call a 25 year old professional, heterosexual male on the football team, or in the army, "pretty".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966