Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they found another murder weapon? If so could you provide a cite as some experts do not believe 2 were used...

Guede threw his knife out the train window. The other murder weapon was found in Sollecito's kitchen drawer.

Regarding two knives, I'm going from memory from the report. Maybe someone else remembers this detail ... don't feel like looking it up right now.

There is blood evidence in the bathroom, hallway and Filomina's bedroom.

For additional information, I suggest you read the court documents that have been translated to English (thanks to some generous professional interpreters that have donated their time and knowledge). The evidence is clearly documented both in the pre and post trial documents.

I have read many of the court documents but it was my understanding that all blood evidence used initially has now been discredited by the independent experts. The footprints have tested negative for blood as cited earlier in this thread.

Knox claimed that because she did not have access to her things, she needed to buy underwear. She bought underwear for one day: $82 worth of lingerie. Since then it has been suggested that it was regular underwear, and most recently her mother said that she was shopping in a second hand shop for the underwear. The activity is suspicious given that it was the day after they, and many others, were first questioned by police. Others that knew Meredith were mourning, sad ... but Knox and Sollecito were out shopping for lingerie. This unusual reaction by the culprits is why it has something to do with the murder. It forms part of the circumstantial evidence.

Again I ask a very simple question. What bearing does the amount she spent on some underwear have on their innocence or guilt?

I happen to spend quite a bit on various things that does not mean I am guilty of murder.

Guede threw his knife out the train window. The other murder weapon was found in Sollecito's kitchen drawer.

Regarding two knives, I'm going from memory from the report. Maybe someone else remembers this detail ... don't feel like looking it up right now.

As it has never been found can we state this with absolute certainty?

The activity is suspicious given that it was the day after they, and many others, were first questioned by police. Others that knew Meredith were mourning, sad ... but Knox and Sollecito were out shopping for lingerie. This unusual reaction by the culprits is why it has something to do with the murder. It forms part of the circumstantial evidence.

I don't personally find it that strange considering that her house was a crime scene and presumably she had no access to her belongings.

Again I ask what bearing does his latest hair style have on innocence/guilt?

Someone else brought it up ... you'll have to check there ... might have been something about the Rolling Stones article that SMK linked.

Who do you think should be charged? The prisoner is in jail for good. Are you thinking that Sollecito and Knox lawyers should be charged? Sollecito's sister? The prisoner?

Again I ask what is your threshold for reasonable doubt?

There is no other blood evidence. There have been some individuals that have been attempting to state that there are 3 blood profiles now which is blatently false

Isn't Knox's DNA mixed with Meredith's blood in Filomina's bedroom?

Someone else brought it up ... you'll have to check there ... might have been something about the Rolling Stones article that SMK linked.

Again I am simply asking you since it seems to be of importance what bearing his current hair style has on innocence or guilt?

Good question. Imagine not reading on the board for a couple of weeks and landing in the middle to a discussion about Sollecito being pretty before his hair cut!

There are some very informative posts made in the last couple of weeks which would probably help answer many of the things that you have brought up that could help clarify things for you

I don't even know that anything wrong has been done. That is what I am trying to point out. I have seen allegations made but I have not seen any charges have you?

If the lying prisoner has 8 libel charges against him, I'm sure one more won't hurt. Since he has come forward, maybe he won't be charged this time. I suppose the lawyers and Sollecito's sister could be charged ... wait and see, I guess. It is breaking news, after all.

Anyone remember the number of people that have been charged with offenses during this murder investigation so far?

There is blood evidence in the bathroom, hallway and Filomina's bedroom.

For additional information, I suggest you read the court documents that have been translated to English (thanks to some generous professional interpreters that have donated their time and knowledge). The evidence is clearly documented both in the pre and post trial documents.

I have read the court documents both English and Italian. I believe you may be misinformed as to some of the blood evidence

ETA Although I am still not fluent in Italian yet it is getting better

If the lying prisoner has 8 libel charges against him, I'm sure one more won't hurt. Since he has come forward, maybe he won't be charged this time. I suppose the lawyers and Sollecito's sister could be charged ... wait and see, I guess. It is breaking news, after all.

Anyone remember the number of people that have been charged with offenses during this murder investigation so far?

I lost count at 21 but expect that number to go higher

BBM

I have seen no testimony to this effect. Could you provide a cite for me please

Right, it wasn't on the pillow. Where was the partial knife print again ... the sheet? the mattress?

I assumed that you were familiar with the evidence ... the print was on the bed, next to Meredith's purse ... I think.

I can't keep correcting the same misinformation time after time and do so politely. Perhaps somebody else will want to try. Or you can read back a few pages.

I am certain at some point we will not have to continue this and I sincerely hope that it is sooner than later :)

Now is time for me to get some sleep as there is a busy weekend comming up thus I am heading to bed

Right, it wasn't on the pillow. Where was the partial knife print again ... the sheet? the mattress?

I assumed that you were familiar with the evidence ... the print was on the bed, next to Meredith's purse ... I think.

As we both know the cover to the pillow was collected immediately for evidence :)

I have read many of the court documents but it was my understanding that all blood evidence used initially has now been discredited by the independent experts. The footprints have tested negative for blood as cited earlier in this thread.

The evidence that was reviewed was the knife handle, knife blade and clasp. The DNA on the knife handle was confirmed as being correct. The DNA on the other two items is in question, but is not discredited. The defense has had their say regarding the report, the prosecution is yet to be heard. The decision is due Sept 5. The footprints are connected with Knox, evidence that was revealed with luminol. There is mixed DNA in the bathroom and in Filomina's bedroom that is not in question and has not been discredited.

I have read the court documents both English and Italian. I believe you may be misinformed as to some of the blood evidence

ETA Although I am still not fluent in Italian yet it is getting better

No, I'm not confused about the blood evidence.

I don't personally find it that strange considering that her house was a crime scene and presumably she had no access to her belongings.

It would be quite normal if Knox spent $82 on underwear for a couple of days, which is the impression that she tried to give by saying that she was buying lingerie (immediately after answering police questions) because she was locked out of her cottage. The problem is that she wasn't stocking up on underwear because she had none ... unless we are to believe that she bought one pair of panties at the second hand shop for $82 to last her a few days.

As it has never been found can we state this with absolute certainty?

The coroner concluded that two knives were used because of the different cuts to Meredith's body. She had been nicked around her neck area and there were two deep cuts that appeared to be from different knives. I think that was the reason for the conclusion that two weapons were used and another reason that the Supreme Court ruled that more than one person was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squishy1166