Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there no end to her nightmare!

"Now, Kercher’s family plans to move forward with a $12 million civil lawsuit against Knox."

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2322144.shtml

NIcole Simpson's family did it ... as have many others. What's wrong with civil suits after murder ... not that I believe the headlines just yet. Most articles about the subject were pulled shortly after being posted.

I don't understand what that means, but Okay.

All I know is that Michael and Skeptical Bystander moderated a thread on the true crime weblog, and when that closed everything was continued at PMF.

What that means is that Steve Huff registered the domain name for Perugiamurderfile and then passed it along to two people that commented on the case because he didn't want to look after it.

She grinned heartily? This is abnormal? She had just found she was NOT going to be sentenced to life in prison, but would soon be on a plane home, eating and drinking with her family - and grinning is abnormal? I am surprised she cried as much as she did, and did not smile more.:furious:

According to Patrick, her former boss and second victim, she's a very convincing actress. Therefore the sobbing tears hiding the hearty grin.

Would you flip cartwheels during a university lecture that lasted more than an hour ... just get up ... ask people to move aside ... flip some cartwheels, fall into the splits ... then sit down and expect that this was perfectly acceptable?

Asking what you or I would do is not necessarily relevant to the mindset of a 20 year old Amanda Knox. We know that she smoked pot...one does not know whether at the time she was high, what she was thinking or what her maturity level was. I can say that there are things that I did at 19/20 that I would be embarassed to admit...that were socially inappropriate and revealed emotional immaturity. Not sure how many perfect paragons of virtue there are in the world. Acceptability is perception...what you may find acceptable, I may not. Unacceptable behavior does not equate to guilt of murder.

According to Patrick, her former boss and second victim, she's a very convincing actress. Therefore the sobbing tears hiding the hearty grin.
I do not take Patrick's word for a thousand pounds.

So have these allegations of sexual harassment moved past the allegation stage? If not, I'm going to again state that until they are substantiated, they are still allegations, not something that has been proven. It is disturbing to me to read where people are taking this as a "given," and seem to assume they are true.

When the allegations were made against AK and RS, people who stated that they were true allegations (before the trial and appeal) were consistently berated for indicating the allegations were true, so I don't understand why the people being accused now aren't getting the same respect. Kind of sad, IMO.

In the past, when Knox accused a man of rape, we know for a fact that she was telling a whopper. If she claims that a high ranking prison official questioned her - convicted of sexual violence - then he was most likely doing his job. For whatever reason, Knox would like the public to believe that he was interested in her sexually. The other prison inmates, whom Knox now describes as lesbians coming on to her, may have been friendly and Knox would like the public to believe that they wanted sex with her. Knox's first short story we read about was about rape and sexual violence. Her prison short story was also about the attack of a woman. Knox seems to have a one-track mind. It's unfortunate that she isn't looking forward to rebuilding her life and is instead still pre-occupied with making sexual remarks about people in Italy.

Knox needs some serious therapy, but like Joran van der Sloot, Curt has said that Knox is a strong woman and that she doesn't need counselling. That remains to be seen.

What that means is that Steve Huff registered the domain name for Perugiamurderfile and then passed it along to two people that commented on the case because he didn't want to look after it.

I think you're confusing Steve Huff (creator of the true crime weblog, which I'm referring to) with the Huffington Post. Two entirely different things.

I do not take Patrick's word for a thousand pounds.

Of course not. Everyone is lying except Knox ... except there's that little problem of her being convicted and sentenced to three years in prison for an unforgivable lie.

In the past, when Knox accused a man of rape, we know for a fact that she was telling a whopper. If she claims that a high ranking prison official questioned her - convicted of sexual violence - then he was most likely doing his job. For whatever reason, Knox would like the public to believe that he was interested in her sexually. The other prison inmates, whom Knox now describes as lesbians coming on to her, may have been friendly and Knox would like the public to believe that they wanted sex with her. Knox's first short story we read about was about rape and sexual violence. Her prison short story was also about the attack of a woman. Knox seems to have a one-track mind. It's unfortunate that she isn't looking forward to rebuilding her life and is instead still pre-occupied with making sexual remarks about people in Italy.

Knox needs some serious therapy, but like Joran van der Sloot, Curt has said that Knox is a strong woman and that she doesn't need counselling. That remains to be seen.
I think the motivation for bringing this up is to bring lawsuits against the jail in Perugia. I believe her, and hope her attorneys can press forward with this, and move beyond mere allegations.

Unless one of us actually saw a video of her flipping a "cartwheel," I think it's an exaggeration or outright rumor posited by someone to try and make her look suspicious.

Fourth party verbal statements have no merit.

Continuing to spread what amount to rumors and falsehoods in this case is just terrible.

How does spreading rumors and falsehoods help Meredith?

I think you're confusing Steve Huff (creator of the true crime weblog, which I'm referring to) with the Huffington Post. Two entirely different things.

Could be ... I don't know much about all the crime forums origins ... but I do know that Steve Huff started the PMF website.

Unless one of us actually saw a video of her flipping a "cartwheel," I think it's an exaggeration or outright rumor posited by someone to try and make her look suspicious.

Fourth party verbal statements have no merit.

Continuing to spread what amount to rumors and falsehoods in this case is just terrible. How is any of that helping Meredith?

If you don't believe that Knox flipped cartwheels, I suppose Anne Bremner (Knox's free lawyer through Friends of Knox) is the one to go to. She readily admits that Knox flipped cartwheels.

She was acquitted - Hellman says she did not commit the ennumerated crimes.:furious:

OJ was acquitted too. Jason Young lost his civil suit before it ever went to trial.

Asking what you or I would do is not necessarily relevant to the mindset of a 20 year old Amanda Knox. We know that she smoked pot...one does not know whether at the time she was high, what she was thinking or what her maturity level was. I can say that there are things that I did at 19/20 that I would be embarassed to admit...that were socially inappropriate and revealed emotional immaturity. Not sure how many perfect paragons of virtue there are in the world. Acceptability is perception...what you may find acceptable, I may not. Unacceptable behavior does not equate to guilt of murder.

Like I said ... too much effort is made to downplay all the irregular, abnormal, heartless, callous and horrible things done by Knox.

"she *advertiser censored**ing bled to death" ... Knox to Meredith's friends immediately after the murder.

OJ was acquitted too. Jason Young lost his civil suit before it ever went to trial.
Ask the highly esteemed Claudio Pratillo Hellman if Knox and Sollecito are OJ or Jason Young.:furious:

Like I said ... too much effort is made to downplay all the irregular, abnormal, heartless, callous and horrible things done by Knox.

"she *advertiser censored**ing bled to death" ... Knox to Meredith's friends immediately after the murder.
Right, many would say the same thing to her pollyannish friend's "I hope she did not suffer." Why are we stuck in the past post-acquittal, omg!!:waitasec::seeya:

Of course not. Everyone is lying except Knox ... except there's that little problem of her being convicted and sentenced to three years in prison for an unforgivable lie.
:furious:

Speaking of Huffington Post:

After Knox Verdict, Italians Try to Save Face

When I was in northern Italy last May, I was taken aback by the smart, professional Italians I talked to who were more-than-convinced that Amanda Knox was guilty of murder. Not only that, they were very defensive about it. I tried in vain to argue that the DNA evidence did not point to Knox, or her co-defendant, and that the Italian prosecutor had overreached, to say the least. But for these good people, more was at stake: saving face. Now, after Knox's acquittal, they will have to live with the consequences of their denial, or remain in it.

Last spring, while in Venice, the Knox case was simmering beside the "bunga bunga" party scandal that befell Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. The debate in the Knox case centered on new tests of the DNA evidence in the 2007 brutal stabbing death of 21-year-old British student Meredith Kercher, Knox's college roommate in Perugia, in central Italy. Why did so many Italians hold onto their belief that Knox did it, in the face of faulty evidence? In America, commentators had long chalked it up to saving of face, a kind of national self-consciousness among Italians -- the "honor" of their country, and the effectiveness of their judicial system, stood in the balance.

But to stay true, they had to cling to a lot of assumptions they'd held onto the four years since the murder. To them, the police in Perugia were professional and handled DNA evidence properly. DNA evidence linking Knox to the murder, they'd insist, WAS found at the scene (even though none was found in victim Kercher's bedroom).

The flamboyant prosecutor in Perugia, Giuliano Mignini, was professional, a hero in the face of international pressure to drop the case.
CONT. READING @

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-burbank/amanda-knox-italy_b_998886.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members