Meter Reader

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is just something about this that makes me uneasy. I'm certainly not suggesting that the meterman had anything to do with Caylee's murder. However, I do suggest that his persistence in returning to the site and repeatedly calling in about a discarded garbage bag implies knowledge of something that he has yet to disclose.

I just don't buy that. He wasn't living in FL until August and he has no apparent connection to the A's. If he had knowledge, it would have been a hell of a lot easier to turn in a very specific anonymous tip than to go through all of this.

Did they ask him to take a lie detector test, did they ask for his fingerprints, or DNA? LE even had some of KC friends take lie detector tests to prove what they were saying was the truth. Why not the meter reader? That's all I'm saying.

I'm sure that LE is handling this their own way, and they don't need to inform the public of anything until trial. Geesh! :rolleyes:

He doesn't have to double check the address on his form? I still find it hard to believe that the GPS says go to here and park and read the meter without providing a name to associate with the meter.

I believe he is given a route to take as his own. Sort of like a postman has a route. He is given an handheld computer that he puts the information into
so the billing can be done. I can't believe that names and addresses aren't part of that system.

The meters are listed on the GPS by numbers and not by address. In the thread somewhere, a meter reader said this is the way that it's done.

I have to say this also what person would go take a pee by a elementary school?? Just wondering.

That was guessing done by the public.

Let's say:

1. Your job takes you to an area and you realize it's where the Anthonys' live.

2.You see this large patch of woods and you think,hmmm, wonder if the baby might be here.

3. Get out of your truck, walk around, see something suspicious but also see a dead rattlesnake.

4. Do you continue into the woods?

5. Do you think,YIKES, 1 dead rattlesnake, maybe there are more, I'll call 911.

6. Dial 911 (deleted by MOD)

7. Call again.

8. Meet a cop who says, No big deal.

9. Hurricane Fay comes along a the area is under water.

10. Once again, you're in the area, the water has receded, you check. You see a skull.

11. OK, the police blew me off the last time, so I'll get my manager to call it in.

12. Manager calls it in.

13. It's Caylee.

14. You're investigated. You're cleared.

15. Ta Dah!

16. Oh wait, some people think you're involved and the police are too (deleted by MOD) to be sure you had nothing to do with Caylee's death.

******* I wanted to add that I was in Orlando over Thanksgiving. If I had been involved with this forum at that time, you can bet that I would have driven past the Anthony's house. If I had seen that wooded area, I would have stopped my car and had a look see. It was the perfect place to hide the body.*****

Simply put...you are damned if you do, and you are damned if you don't.

Obviously the meter reader knew that area was hinky. Even KC's former friend K said they used to hang back there. From what another poster said, it is a sketchy-garbagy area, where a lot of things are "dumped".

I can't wait until he tells his side of the story. It must really suck to be an innocent bystander who tried to do right by Caylee, and is being investigated like any old perp.
It is sad, and we all wonder why people keep quiet with information that could help solve crimes?

This is the very reason. Everyone involved in this case has been dragged through the mud, and it is so so so sad. And yes, even by some of us sleuthers.

Can we clear up where the area was that Casey and her teen school buddies used to hang out? There are a few of us that believe it wasn't this area, but BEHIND the school instead. Could someone research this to be exact please?

really hope this guy gets the reward as he deserves it. I think he had a hunch, followed it, and wouldn't give up! nothing suspicious about that. would have done the same thing myself if I was in his position. He deserves the reward.

I use to work as a delivery driver.I knew my neighbor hoods well and could spot anything out of place,like a kids bike parked where it should not be.Or a car that was not belonging to the neighborhood.If I would have had a cell phone back in that day I would have probably called in lots of tips to the cops about stuff I saw that was not right about the area.Then I would have been labled some sort of wanna be cop and they would quit making calls out to me.Ill bet this has happened before with this guy.Not that that is a bad thing

My brother in law found a body.

He was on his way back from a construction job out of state, stopped at a rest area to relieve himself. In a rural part of New Hampshire where there are few stores, no actual rest stops with facilities=you pee in woods if you are a guy. He walked over to a wooded area about 10-15 feet away from the parking area. He noticed what looked like a brand new pair of jeans lying flat in the leaves and thought it was odd. He pushed the jeans’ leg with his boot and that’s when the bones fell out. It was a moment that still haunts him now, he’s 51, and this happened 20 years ago.

He was interrogated for days by the police, they treated him like the killer (maybe because he looked like Steven Seagal?), ran background checks, he took a lie detector test and passed with flying colors, but not before his name was published in local papers. It was a nightmare for this kind-hearted “regular guy”, his wife, young kids and all of us who knew and loved him. It was devastating---- and this was before “Google” or the media blitzkrieg was available for instant information gratification to the world.

From forensics, the murderer was found several weeks later and case solved. The parents of that slain man are forever grateful for the closure my BIL by “luck” brought them from a year of torment, the not knowing.

I’m not sure my BIL feels “lucky” to have been dragged through the mud of public opinion. I’m quite sure he wishes it was someone else who happened upon the body. We don’t blame the LE, they were doing their job.

For the Anthony case, my opinion is that this man Mr. RK had it in his heart to find little Caylee. He's just a 'regular joe' who happened to have a very intense feeling that this is where she is. (Maybe, just maybe he is a WS member?)

I wholeheartedly thank him for his determination. So far, there’s not one ounce of proof (aside from sheer speculation of what exactly WE would’ve said or done with LE on the other line) that makes me think he is nothing other than a hero. Maybe it would’ve been great if Caylee were found in August. On the other hand, we wouldn’t have had the opportunity to fully investigate the deep seated sickness that the Perp holds to help convict her without a doubt by the jury.

This regular guy meter reader, he just happened to be the one that found her. He's not a perfectly spoken politician, not a facelifted hollywood actor, not a tenured professor at Harvard. He is a meter reader. He could be your brother, your son, your father, your husband. He didnt want to get involved in this media nightmare, he was begging for the law to do it --without him becoming public.
The LE are people just like us. Not perfect, just humans. If I were a police officer and had received that 4000th call to investigate that overgrown snake infested abyss, I’m not sure I would’ve gone 3 feet in there either. Look at those pictures! You cant walk 12 inches in there without being engulfed. I’m petrified of the killer snakes and 7” spiders in Florida. Maybe I would’ve looked at the records that showed it was thoroughly searched… then gone back to following her pings…(like we all did for 6 months). If the body had not been placed in her trunk, I would’ve thought “stroller” or body dragged to this area, instead of what I assumed: trunk… then to an alligator infested lake or an accessible dumpster.

If it were not for the bravery of this one man, maybe in another 30 days little Caylee’s remains would have been completely scattered and never found.

Until I see facts to dispute that this is just a good Samaritan, I’m behind this man 100%. I hope he can move on with his life after this.

This is not just my personal opinion. This is a personal experience that I pray few experience.

I’m sorry this post is so long and not eloquently presented.

He was on his way back from a construction job out of state, stopped at a rest area to relieve himself. In a rural part of New Hampshire where there are few stores, no actual rest stops with facilities=you pee in woods if you are a guy. He walked over to a wooded area about 10-15 feet away from the parking area. He noticed what looked like a brand new pair of jeans lying flat in the leaves and thought it was odd. He pushed the jeans’ leg with his boot and that’s when the bones fell out. It was a moment that still haunts him now, he’s 51, and this happened 20 years ago.

He was interrogated for days by the police, they treated him like the killer (maybe because he looked like Steven Seagal?), ran background checks, he took a lie detector test and passed with flying colors, but not before his name was published in local papers. It was a nightmare for this kind-hearted “regular guy”, his wife, young kids and all of us who knew and loved him. It was devastating---- and this was before “Google” or the media blitzkrieg was available for instant information gratification to the world.

From forensics, the murderer was found several weeks later and case solved. The parents of that slain man are forever grateful for the closure my BIL by “luck” brought them from a year of torment, the not knowing.

I’m not sure my BIL feels “lucky” to have been dragged through the mud of public opinion. I’m quite sure he wishes it was someone else who happened upon the body. We don’t blame the LE, they were doing their job.

For the Anthony case, my opinion is that this man Mr. RK had it in his heart to find little Caylee. He's just a 'regular joe' who happened to have a very intense feeling that this is where she is. (Maybe, just maybe he is a WS member?)

I wholeheartedly thank him for his determination. So far, there’s not one ounce of proof (aside from sheer speculation of what exactly WE would’ve said or done with LE on the other line) that makes me think he is nothing other than a hero. Maybe it would’ve been great if Caylee were found in August. On the other hand, we wouldn’t have had the opportunity to fully investigate the deep seated sickness that the Perp holds to help convict her without a doubt by the jury.

This regular guy meter reader, he just happened to be the one that found her. He's not a perfectly spoken politician, not a facelifted hollywood actor, not a tenured professor at Harvard. He is a meter reader. He could be your brother, your son, your father, your husband. He didnt want to get involved in this media nightmare, he was begging for the law to do it --without him becoming public.
The LE are people just like us. Not perfect, just humans. If I were a police officer and had received that 4000th call to investigate that overgrown snake infested abyss, I’m not sure I would’ve gone 3 feet in there either. Look at those pictures! You cant walk 12 inches in there without being engulfed. I’m petrified of the killer snakes and 7” spiders in Florida. Maybe I would’ve looked at the records that showed it was thoroughly searched… then gone back to following her pings…(like we all did for 6 months). If the body had not been placed in her trunk, I would’ve thought “stroller” or body dragged to this area, instead of what I assumed: trunk… then to an alligator infested lake or an accessible dumpster.

If it were not for the bravery of this one man, maybe in another 30 days little Caylee’s remains would have been completely scattered and never found.

Until I see facts to dispute that this is just a good Samaritan, I’m behind this man 100%. I hope he can move on with his life after this.

This is not just my personal opinion. This is a personal experience that I pray few experience.

Wow. :clap::clap::clap::clap:
I think that was extremely eloquent! What a perfect way to sum up this man and his circumstances. I just hope he stumbles across your post....

There is just something about this that makes me uneasy. I'm certainly not suggesting that the meterman had anything to do with Caylee's murder. However, I do suggest that his persistence in returning to the site and repeatedly calling in about a discarded garbage bag implies knowledge of something that he has yet to disclose.

Think about it. The site has been descibed as having a lot of trash routinely deposited on it. What would make this single trash bag suspicious to him? Supposedly, at the time he says he first noticed it, there would have no longer been a smell of decompostion. He does not mention that anything is protruding from the bag to draw his attention, when he made the first calls.

I believe he saw Casey or someone else dispose of the bag initially. If so, when? It's possible he actually knew what was in it by the shape/contour. If the bag was duct taped, how did it open? Could he have ripped it and seen what it contained? If so, when and why not tell immediately?

Also, the timing of his first call coincides with Gale St John's initial visit to that site when she, her daughter and Travis were so convinced that Caylee was there. Could he have seen them, recognized them as psychics and dug around after they had left?

None of this implies criminal activity on his part, but it does imply subterfuge that makes me uneasy.

Well I noticed Lp mentioning on NG that he was going to make sure this guy got some kind of reward if LE didn't have a problem with it?
Hmmm, maybe FBG said something of where it might be and LP had him look there as not to be the one that discovered the body? Just a thought?
We have not seen or heard anything from LP since the day of the find?

Well I noticed Lp mentioning on NG that he was going to make sure this guy got some kind of reward if LE didn't have a problem with it?
Hmmm, maybe FBG said something of where it might be and LP had him look there as not to be the one that discovered the body? Just a thought?
Oh yes we have! He has been on NG. I don't think LP knew where the body was. He seemed surprised it was that close too. And I certainly don't think he knew the guy who found it. JMO

You know what's going to happen? The MR is going to tell the truth to Diane Sawyer or whoever. He is going to say he worked there, was aware of the case, saw something, called it in, was sent to work elsewhere for four months, returned and again was working right there, had a looksee and found the body. That's it. BUT NO ONE HERE WILL BE SATISFIED BECAUSE IT IS TOO SIMPLE. (Which, BTW, the truth usually is) Come on people, as Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

You're kidding, right? :waitasec:

Yea - I think LP would have given his cowboy hat to have been the one that found her! LOL

Simply put...you are damned if you do, and you are damned if you don't.

Obviously the meter reader knew that area was hinky. Even KC's former friend K said they used to hang back there. From what another poster said, it is a sketchy-garbagy area, where a lot of things are "dumped".

I can't wait until he tells his side of the story. It must really suck to be an innocent bystander who tried to do right by Caylee, and is being investigated like any old perp.
It is sad, and we all wonder why people keep quiet with information that could help solve crimes?

This is the very reason. Everyone involved in this case has been dragged through the mud, and it is so so so sad. And yes, even by some of us sleuthers.

I agree, any other family would be grateful that their grandaughter's remains had been found...not using it as a reason to point the finger away from their murdering daughter. :rolleyes:

My thinking is that the MR may have been searching while he was on 'company time', and if he did claim to have been relieving himself, he may have said that to give his employer a reason he was sneaking around in the woods.

WOW! VERY eloquent post, if you ask me! :clap::clap::clap:

www.roykronk.com

According to Whois.com registered 12-20-08, to a RB, phone number ties to a xmas light company and Exotic Auto Detailing

Remember that anybody who shelled out the fee could have registered that domain - the individual may have nothing to do with the MR or anyone else involved with the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay