Meter Reader

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 1st statement from LE wasn't it said that the 8/12 call was referred to crimeline and that crimeline checked the records and that area had already been cleared by cadaver dogs?

FWIW, most people in utility jobs are trained to be aware of things that are out of the ordinary. A close family member is in such a position and I often hear of things that just "doesn't look right" or doesn't fit in. He has become a scavenger of sorts because he pokes and prods into boxes and bags he finds laying around in unexpected places. And yes, some things have been reported and/or returned to owners if they can be found.

Anyway, I give Mr. K. the benefit of the doubt. He apparently was familiar with the area and had the gumption to look around.

There was a caller that said this exact thing about MR's and I can't remember if it was on NG or the young lady that has a show right before NG. The caller said that they become familiar with the neighborhood they are assigned to, and they also develop a sense of what should be there and what should not.

OT, I wanted to share with you my Husband's opinion about the MR. My Husband said to me that maybe it's possible that the MR was out reading meters in June 08 and had seen KC over in that area. My Husband says to me...He may have seen it and not paid much attention, just that it caught his attention because it was activity that was unusual. Then, when the news broke about Caylee, a month later, the MR vaguely recalled that incident but couldn't remember the exact details. So, he went to look. He looked and looked. Then when he was again assigned to that area, he started to look again. He found her eventually. Again, that is my Husband's opinion. I thought it was interesting enough to share with all of you.

Another opinion, this one my own, why would the MR go back and look and look? I have heard it said that the MR was prior military. I do not know if he was active duty or National gaurd or reservist or how many years he served. But his persistence reminds me of a lot of soldiers (male and female) that I have known over the years (I have been a military wife for 16 yrs of my Husband's 24 yr career) and there can be a certain personality type that is in the military, but by no means shared by all soldiers. That personality type (which I have no idea whether or not the MR has this type) is one that is persistent and one that does whatever is needed for the greater good. The greater good in this case would be to bring that baby, Caylee, home. To find her, and not let her lay out in the elements.

We will not know exactly what motivated this MR to keep looking until his interviews by LE are made public and if they are not, the context of what was in them may or may not be revealed at trial. I have no doubt that LE interviewed him extensively. I would be willing to bet they also investigated his background extensively too.

As for me, I would like to say thank you to him. Thank you for not giving up. Thank you for having a sense of what is just and right on behalf of Caylee.

Just my two cents :)

I couldnt sleep last night and was laying in bed thinking.....I wondered why it is that we/or anyone else for that matter, didnt know anything about these "tips" from the meter reader in Aug. So then I thought well maybe something else was going on at the time where our attention was elsewhere.
I just now did a really quick search and came up with this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69053 where a bunch of copies were made as well as CA loading a bunch of papers in her car (also copies maybe?)

I dunno, Im prolly just thinking outloud here but I still wonder why NO ONE knew of the MR reports in Aug until she was found in Dec. Its just weird to me.....thoughts?

18347536.pdf

On page 4 of the calls for service logs it shows this info for 8/12/08:

It's first entered as a "hazard" call then the next entry shows this:

Status segment (prior), Status Date/Time (21:10:29), then below those boxes in the area for comments it says:
OP Burgb 07/27/08 @17:39:30 (8 more)

Does anyone know what the info I typed in blue means?? I gather OP is Orlando Police.

I saw this too on this link http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Meter Reader Aug 12 Call.pdf

I, too, would be grateful if someone that understands these things would elaborate for us both.

I saw this too on this link http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Meter Reader Aug 12 Call.pdf

I, too, would be grateful if someone that understands these things would elaborate for us both.

I can pretty well decipher it but I'm having issues with how to segment out what to comment on. There is a lot of interesting information in this report.

I'll answer this one first though

Status segment (prior), Status Date/Time (21:10:29), then below those boxes in the area for comments it says:
OP Burgb 07/27/08 @17:39:30 (8 more)

This is prior requests for service in the area of 9051 Suburban Dr. The last one looks like it was for a possible burglary on 7/27/08 at 17:39 hrs. There are also 8 more incidents in their CAD records (don't know how long they keep their CAD records, we purge ours every 10 years from the live CAD, they are archived forever however)

Thank you very much ecs5298. So the text in blue gives reference to the history of calls made about that address. I looked and that is the address of the Elementary School. I understand now what the 8 more probably refer too.

Oh please feel free to comment on anything you want to in that report! I would love to hear what you find interesting and thank you again for deciphering that one line within the report.

Thank you very much ecs5298. So the text in blue gives reference to the history of calls made about that address. I looked and that is the address of the Elementary School. I understand now what the 8 more probably refer too.

Oh please feel free to comment on anything you want to in that report! I would love to hear what you find interesting and thank you again for deciphering that one line within the report.

Ok...here goes. Just a disclaimer, this is info from Orange Co PSAP (911 call center) and I'm sure that their CAD is set up for their Policies and Protocols so my interpretation of it may not be 100% accurate.

One of the first things I noticed was the "Disposition of Call" was "NR" = "No Report"

The call was assigned to Unit 120 who has a badge number of 4783

Name and phone number of the caller are blacked out for release to the media.

ID of the call taker was 4438, the ID# of the person who dispatched the call to the car was 3250

TEXT:CALLER ADV HE FOUND A LARGE BAG IN "THE SWAMP AREA"BEHIND SCHOOL, REFUSED
TOGET CLOSER TO INVESTIGATE, NOI, NEG T56. ALSO GAVE CALLER TIP LINE AS WELL.

The above is kind of self explanitory, there is part of it that is blacked out. I'd be willing to bet that it's also the part that was edited out on the tape.
Don't know what "NOI" means to them, maybe "Nothing of Interest", "Neg T56" may mean "Negative 10-56" which can mean caller is not on scene.

Car was dispatched and car went enroute at 21:11:15
Officer was Elizabeth Collins, badge#4783

Car arrived on scene: 21:22:47

DIfferent dispatcher did a status check at 21:27:20. (ID#3250 To make sure the Officer is OK (standard procedure, 5 min status check)

Car called complete and cleared the scene at 21:29:39 with the following comment.

120 NR, (Car 120 No Report Generated) CANT ACCESS WOODS AT THIS TIME..TOLD COMPL(AINTANT) TO CALL BACK WHEN HE IS ABLE
TO,SHOW DEPUTIES WHERE IT IS..ALSO ADVISED TO CALL TIPLINE

Bolded black added by me. Hope this helps

If someone finds a body, will they not report it after seeing all the suspicion thrown onto the meter reader?

How many families might never know what happened to their loved ones because people will now not want to come forward?

If the LE says he has nothing to do with Caylee's death, why not believe it?

I believe LE. The meter reader has nothing to do with Caylee's death or the dumping of her body, imo.

Thank you for deciphering that page ecs5298. It makes perfect sense and falls exactly in line with what has been reported that the Meter Reader says happened.

If the meter reader hadn't called in 3 times in August and just stumbled upon Caylee's remains, I wouldn't question his find. Because he did call 3 times, was in a 'heavily brushed' area to 'pee' and found the same bag he described 3 months prior, after it had been exposed to flood waters, storms and animals....sorry...I have lots of questions now. The odds of this being legit are very slim....I say polygraph him, fingerprint him and do a complete background check...anything hinky shows up, get his DNA and continue investigating. JMO

As stated on NG, could the meter reader be "the glove that doesn't fit?"

I am trying to lay this all out in my mind here...and I know alot of people believe the meter guy is just a good citizen and all,but there are just things that don't make sense to me about his story and I cant put my finger on it...
Let's see,he calls to report seeing a white bag that "don't look right?"on August 11.
In his FIRST call he mentions that he wants to call a "non emergency number" (as if a possible body in a bag isnt an emergency to him he mentions that to the operator?)..
He says he stopped in between those areas?....didn't say to "relieve himself" as is now being told...He keeps mentioning "swamp"over and over and if he were "relieving himself"... why are you going to go into a swamp (Aren't they usually WET?) to relieve yourself? Wouldn't you want to stand on dry land?
He mentions "The Anthony's Home" "I don't know what it is,Im not telling you it's Caylee or anything of that nature".He cant tell the operator where it is exactly..So he guesses its on goodhope but hang on ...He has the Anthony home in his gp system?
He actually says "WE found a 4 ft eastern diamondback rattlesnake in there but that's not really the thing"..but with a snake back in there -he wasn't going back in there to look...Ok so then why not make sure someone else DID?

Second call he calls the sheriff's dept...tells them its a grey bag,it looked rather suspicious?...there's a white board hanging across the tree...then he says there was something round and white underneath the tree...

In this call he knows EXACTLY where to send them...and mentions "it's right by their house man"..meaning the Anthony's...

Again mentions WE found a dead 4ft rattlesnake thats why he didn't go any further into the swamp.

Does NOT want to call The caylee tipline? Why? He SHOULD know these tiplines dont care make you reveal yourself they're usually set up for annonymous calls...but he doesn't..he calls the OSCO.

3rd call he calls the OSCO mentions he "has the caylee route "

I just find it bizzare this man knows about the case and the names in the case ,knows the implications of what this could mean..yet he doesnt touch that bag the first time and doesnt make sure someone finds it??Not even the 2nd or 3rd time? This is very troubling to me..

By the 4th call on Dec 11th,he doesn't even call ,one of his co wokers calls it in but HE is the one who found the skull...

If He didn't want to disturb anything on aug 11 ,12 and 13th...why did he decide to disturb the bag on dec 11th?
Who is the "WE"?
Why would a DEAD snake bother you?
I just dont get it,its bothered me since the day I heard this man's story.I am NOT implying he had anything to do with the murder..but I am starting to believe Padilla may be onto something about this man being "tipped" off about this place..but will we ever know?

If the meter reader hadn't called in 3 times in August and just stumbled upon Caylee's remains, I wouldn't question his find. Because he did call 3 times, was in a 'heavily brushed' area to 'pee' and found the same bag he described 3 months prior, after it had been exposed to flood waters, storms and animals....sorry...I have lots of questions now. The odds of this being legit are very slim....I say polygraph him, fingerprint him and do a complete background check...anything hinky shows up, get his DNA and continue investigating. JMO
ecs5298, thanks for deciphering the service logs for us. Regarding the above post, after reading the service logs, I understand why he made the 3 calls. The first cop didn't stay long enough to look for anything so he called the next night but he was probably at home when he called so they told him to call back when he could meet LE to show them what he was talking about. For the record, I will say again, I don't think he is involved in Caylee's death.

A few things spark my interest though... He met LE at the site on 8/13. The log shows 'trash only' as though he led them to the bag he saw & they looked in it and it was trash.

Way back in August he was specific in stating he saw something white and round that didn't look right or didn't look like it belonged there. Since he didn't want to get closer to the bag to investigate, the round white thing (assumed to be the skull) must've been OUTSIDE of the bag already.

It couldn't have been the same bag he saw in August because he is now saying the skull FELL OUT the bag when he went back recently??? Other than some sort of ESP this man has amazing instincts.

Another thing...if that is in fact the bag that WSers see in those pics (I cant see the bag or skull others see), but if the dark area in the pics is the bag, it doesn't look like it's been picked up at all. It looks like whatever it is is still intertwined in plant growth and that bag should have been in shreds if bones were scattered about.

No matter what his involvement or lack of involvement is in the case, at least he led police to Caylee because KC is going to deny, deny, deny to the end.

I have been wondering about this since the body had been found. Could the meter reader had been tipped off? Some people seem to think that the MR route in this area was on Aug. 11, 12th, and 13th. But that is incorrect. His route was on Monday, Aug. 11th, he says this in his calls. So what I find odd is that on Aug. 11, he is on his "route" the MR spots a suspicious bag and calls authorities. When deputy responded on Aug. 11th, the meter reader was not there (he left? Maybe he wanted to be kept anonymous if that was indeed the bag that Caylee was wrapped in). On Aug. 12th, he calls at around 9p to report this suspicious bag again (he's not in the area at that time, so where did he call from?) Was he in that area again and noticed that the bag was still there and noone came to investigate? Was the body suppose to be found in that area? I know there is some confusion as to the color of the bag that MR reported in his calls. GREY, WHITE, BLACK....Could it be possible that all the MR knew was that Caylee's body was there in that area and it was wrapped in a trash bag? With no knowledge of the color of the bag, maybe he was assuming each of the bags that he reported was "suspicious to him" hoping to find the right one. In the call on Aug 12th he mentions that he did not want to call crime tip line because he wanted to remain anonymous, thinking that if they found a "freakin body" there he would be in some kind of trouble. On Aug. 13th, the MR calls in again, and when the deputy meets him there (meaning he again was not in that area at the time of the call) he leads them to a bag, they inspect a bag that only had clothes and stuffed animals in it, right? They left the bag there. Could this have been the reasoning behind KC previously saying "they haven't even found her clothes yet." Could this have been the finding she was referring to?
Not satisfied with the findings in Aug., the MR goes back to the same area 4 months to the day later and discovers the trash bag that indeed is related to this case. He found the right bag this time!

I am trying to lay this all out in my mind here...and I know alot of people believe the meter guy is just a good citizen and all,but there are just things that don't make sense to me about his story and I cant put my finger on it...
Let's see,he calls to report seeing a white bag that "don't look right?"on August 11.
In his FIRST call he mentions that he wants to call a "non emergency number" (as if a possible body in a bag isnt an emergency to him he mentions that to the operator?)..
He says he stopped in between those areas?....didn't say to "relieve himself" as is now being told...He keeps mentioning "swamp"over and over and if he were "relieving himself"... why are you going to go into a swamp (Aren't they usually WET?) to relieve yourself? Wouldn't you want to stand on dry land?
He mentions "The Anthony's Home" "I don't know what it is,Im not telling you it's Caylee or anything of that nature".He cant tell the operator where it is exactly..So he guesses its on goodhope but hang on ...He has the Anthony home in his gp system?
He actually says "WE found a 4 ft eastern diamondback rattlesnake in there but that's not really the thing"..but with a snake back in there -he wasn't going back in there to look...Ok so then why not make sure someone else DID?

Second call he calls the sheriff's dept...tells them its a grey bag,it looked rather suspicious?...there's a white board hanging across the tree...then he says there was something round and white underneath the tree...

In this call he knows EXACTLY where to send them...and mentions "it's right by their house man"..meaning the Anthony's...

Again mentions WE found a dead 4ft rattlesnake thats why he didn't go any further into the swamp.

Does NOT want to call The caylee tipline? Why? He SHOULD know these tiplines dont care make you reveal yourself they're usually set up for annonymous calls...but he doesn't..he calls the OSCO.

3rd call he calls the OSCO mentions he "has the caylee route "

I just find it bizzare this man knows about the case and the names in the case ,knows the implications of what this could mean..yet he doesnt touch that bag the first time and doesnt make sure someone finds it??Not even the 2nd or 3rd time? This is very troubling to me..

By the 4th call on Dec 11th,he doesn't even call ,one of his co wokers calls it in but HE is the one who found the skull...

If He didn't want to disturb anything on aug 11 ,12 and 13th...why did he decide to disturb the bag on dec 11th?
Who is the "WE"?
I just dont get it,its bothered me since the day I heard this man's story.I am NOT implying he had anything to do with the murder..but I am starting to believe Padilla may be onto something about this man being "tipped" off about this place..but will we ever know?

I absolutely agree with you....I just didn't feel like typing it all out...thanks!

I have been wondering about this since the body had been found. Could the meter reader had been tipped off? Some people seem to think that the MR route in this area was on Aug. 11, 12th, and 13th. But that is incorrect. His route was on Monday, Aug. 11th, he says this in his calls. So what I find odd is that on Aug. 11, he is on his "route" the MR spots a suspicious bag and calls authorities. When deputy responded on Aug. 11th, the meter reader was not there (he left? Maybe he wanted to be kept anonymous if that was indeed the bag that Caylee was wrapped in). On Aug. 12th, he calls at around 9p to report this suspicious bag again (he's not in the area at that time, so where did he call from?) Was he in that area again and noticed that the bag was still there and noone came to investigate? Was the body suppose to be found in that area? I know there is some confusion as to the color of the bag that MR reported in his calls. GREY, WHITE, BLACK....Could it be possible that all the MR knew was that Caylee's body was there in that area and it was wrapped in a trash bag? With no knowledge of the color of the bag, maybe he was assuming each of the bags that he reported was "suspicious to him" hoping to find the right one. In the call on Aug 12th he mentions that he did not want to call crime tip line because he wanted to remain anonymous, thinking that if they found a "freakin body" there he would be in some kind of trouble. On Aug. 13th, the MR calls in again, and when the deputy meets him there (meaning he again was not in that area at the time of the call) he leads them to a bag, they inspect a bag that only had clothes and stuffed animals in it, right? They left the bag there. Could this have been the reasoning behind KC previously saying "they haven't even found her clothes yet." Could this have been the finding she was referring to?
Not satisfied with the findings in Aug., the MR goes back to the same area 4 months to the day later and discovers the trash bag that indeed is related to this case. He found the right bag this time!

With bones scattered over an acre, how was that bag a bag anymore? I would imagine that bag would have been shredded to pieces. And in a heavy brush area, how did he see the bag at all back in august....he must have been in that brush back in Aug and if so...why? I also agree with your assessement of his calls....he mentions 'what if a dead body is there', the Anthony's route, etc. It appears to me, after 3 calls and mention of the case, he had very very strong belief that the bag he saw was relevant...how could he have been so sure this was relevant and how the hell was he able to find the exact same bag 4 months later...again....chances of this are very very slim.
His story and the circumstances of the find just do not sit well with me..and haven't since the news broke the story. He's either a very good psychic or something's wrong with his story. JMO

Searcher 101 tells you NOT to touch anything which could be evidence in a case. After the 3rd attempt at trying to get someone to check out this area and what he deemed as "suspicious"...he obviously felt the need to investigate further. Bravo. He found Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro