Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the shopkeeper family sent that text.

Especially when a person would simply call you to let you know that they are going to be off the grid until the meet up time.

Plus wouldn't they need to finalize the time and exact place.

Their lack of communication is just so odd.

Btw. Your spouse text you that they will be off the grid. But you don't call them right away before them going off the grid. Even if its just to find out their game plan on getting to the meet up location.

Hmmmm.

I wouldn't be surprised if JR had another woman in the house at the time. And just brushed things off as okay ,whatever , see you soon.
That was uncalled for. We don't anything about their relationship to make such claims.

The log ends on April 12th in one location and starts on April 13th in a different location. This is a gap that Lilibet discovered. It should look like it does when it ends on April 11th in the same location that it starts on April 12th.

At least I think it is a gap. If the log portends to claim that he drove through the night without stopping, then like the other 'gap', pointed out by JR and his PI, I would wonder why there were no other log events during that all night drive, because as Lilibet says, that distance does not match the time he took to travel it. As well, if he drove all night without stopping, it means he was driving and/or working for about 33 hours straight (from 8:31am on the 12th to 5:37pm on the 13th when he reached the end of the log record), before he could have caught some meaningful sleep (not withstanding the time between 2pm on the 12th when reportedly he picked Jenny up, and 7:14pm on the 12th in Santa Maria Guienagati). I think that is unlikely. It looks like a gap in the log record to me.

I explained a few days ago about the rules truckers follow in keeping logs. And since this is actually a California company, I gave zero doubt that the driver keeps a daily log book, that technically must be updated hourly while they are on the road.

I follow you regarding the keeping of a log by drivers, and thanks for reiterating your previous post, as it explains how the driver could remember his 15 minute wait at Lagunas Crossing all that time later. I don't know what you mean by "California company". Kugar is a Mexican company based in Tuxtepec, Oaxaca.

Thank you, Webant!

Dexter, it's frustrating that we have to make so many assumptions in this case, due to JR's lack of communication and forthcoming-ness :).... But he keeps saying that her priority was to get to an ATM. So I do think she had her own money. Just for some reason, she let her on-hand funds dwindle to 40 pesos. Why, I don't know. Obviously you don't want to carry a lot of cash on you whilst hitchhiking across a 3rd world country, but when in Mexico, you ALWAYS want to have bribe-cash tucked away, just in case. She was in the country for that long, I'm sure she knew this (esp after the shake down with the motorcycle helmet ticket). So I don't know why she let it get that low. I think he said he tried to convince her to let him get her a bus ticket. She supposedly said no, whether it was because she didn't want to pay for it, or she wanted the experience of thumbing it across Mexico, I don't know. But if he offered to send her the cash for it, perhaps it was the latter.

Cheers, Claudius...hope I had it right.

Reportedly, she made an attempt to get cash from an ATM (I can't remember where) on her way to Lagunas Crossing, but the ATM was out of cash. If I remember correctly, there is or was video of her at the ATM.

Speaking of video and CCTV, In addition to human witnesses, the stop at Santa Maria Guienagati seems a likely place for there to be CCTV. It's been over 5 months now, and getting late to be looking for places between Lagunas Crossing and Santa Maria Guienagati that might have captured an image of Jenny. Sure would be nice to find that though...or rule it out.

I'm so sorry to dwell on this.

But Jr saying that he offered to send money to his wife that only had $2 in Mexico while traveling 3 more days to get to him is unreal. Jmo.

Let me prove it to you.

Wouldn't Jr have simply stated that I put $500 in her account or something.

He just says he offered money and he added some. Btw. You don' t offer anything in situations like this.

You simply tell your wife that I deposited xyz to get you through.

So why tell us he offered money like it was charity but she may not accept it?

Well Jr. Please tell us when you deposited the money and how much.

Plus show us a screenshot of the transaction so we can believe you more and move on.
Jmo

I think you're jumping to conclusions.

JR begged her not to hitch hike and offered to pay for the long distance bus. She refused, insisting she was going to hitch, the whole trip was done by hitching and couchsurfing and eating street food, etc. She may have had the money, but was not wanting to spend it, saving it for NY. That was her choice in how she wanted to travel. She was a grown up and was choosing to spend or not spend her own money how she chose.

The entirely unrelated issue was that she'd run out of cash and need to get to an ATM to withdraw some more of her own cash from her own bank account. In southern Mexjco, ATM machines and banks are few and far between, you have to go downtown in a major town, there are some in Juchitlan, but none in Lagunas.

We don't know why she ran out of cash, I wonder if she was pressured to give it to someone in exchange for a ride, like the Mexicans she had stayed with earlier on her trip demanded, or perhaps she lost it, or just didn't plan properly.

At least I think it is a gap. If the log portends to claim that he drove through the night without stopping, then like the other 'gap', pointed out by JR and his PI, I would wonder why there were no other log events during that all night drive, because as Lilibet says, that distance does not match the time he took to travel it. As well, if he drove all night without stopping, it means he was driving and/or working for about 33 hours straight (from 8:31am on the 12th to 5:37pm on the 13th when he reached the end of the log record), before he could have caught some meaningful sleep (not withstanding the time between 2pm on the 12th when reportedly he picked Jenny up, and 7:14pm on the 12th in Santa Maria Guienagati). I think that is unlikely. It looks like a gap in the log record to me.

So the big question is...what does it all mean? Why are there these gaps? Are they innocent or nefarious? How does JR find out?

Dexter, it's frustrating that we have to make so many assumptions in this case, due to JR's lack of communication and forthcoming-ness :)....

I've never found JR's communications the slightest bit confusing or frustrating, it's all the wild speculation from outsiders that confuses and frustrates me.

I've never found JR's communications the slightest bit confusing or frustrating, it's all the wild speculation from outsiders that confuses and frustrates me.

And are we the "outsiders" who are confusing and frustrating you? Wow! I'm really glad you and JR have minds and communication styles that are in sync. But there are plenty of highly intelligent people on this thread who have struggled with his vague and incomplete posts for the past months. You could have explained him to us, you know. Wish you had as it would have saved us a lot of time and energy. :D

But then I've met young women like Jenny and feel great empathy for her/them. They aren't mentally ill, just idealistic , inexperienced and trusting. They may have had someone close to them who was extremely uptight, paranoid, controlling, and miserable, and would probably rather die than become that way themselves.

The lucky one's learn you don't have to become paradoid to take care of yourself.

I follow you regarding the keeping of a log by drivers, and thanks for reiterating your previous post, as it explains how the driver could remember his 15 minute wait at Lagunas Crossing all that time later. I don't know what you mean by "California company". Kugar is a Mexican company based in Tuxtepec, Oaxaca.
I thought it was established that the mother company was based in California. If that is not the case, and this one is owned and operated in Mexico, then we'd have to research to see if Mexico has such requirements. I doubt it.

So the big question is...what does it all mean? Why are there these gaps? Are they innocent or nefarious? How does JR find out?

An accurate GPS log for that truck, retrieved by Omnitracs from their actual GPS data, and delivered by Omnitracs to JR, might help greatly.

And are we the "outsiders" who are confusing and frustrating you? Wow! I'm really glad you and JR have minds and communication styles that are in sync. But there are plenty of highly intelligent people on this thread who have struggled with his vague and incomplete posts for the past months. You could have explained him to us, you know. Wish you had as it would have saved us a lot of time and energy. :D

I think the purpose of the thread should be to find out what happened to Jenny, not pass judgement on her husband.

When LE refuses to release info on a case, or issues cryptic comments, do people on here demand answers about the process and details of the investigation, start speculating about the officers personally, assume they're always lying, that they're totally corrupt, etc? Do people second guess their methods, or demand that every detail be exhaustively explained to them because they're confused.

People are confused because they're making false assumptions. A small eg 'why weren't cadaver dogs used already?' My answer: Seriously?? You think police - or anyone - in southern Mexico has cadaver dogs? This part of Mexico is the third world, they don't have the luxury/ skills/ interest to train cadaver dogs. Most communities don't even have police at all, they have to come from the nearest city.

I thought it was established that the mother company was based in California. If that is not the case, and this one is owned and operated in Mexico, then we'd have to research to see if Mexico has such requirements. I doubt it.

Kugar's website claims a base in Tuxtepec, Oaxaca, Mexico. The GPS tracking system they use was originally owned by Qualcomm (indeed Kugar still calls it Qualcomm on their website) which is headquartered in California (but Qualcomm is not an owner of Kugar). Qualcomm sold this tracking system about three years ago to a company called Omnitracs (per my telephone conversation of the other day with Qualcomm), which is based in Dallas, Texas, US. They are now the company providing Kugar with their GPS fleet tracking.

Snip for brevity...

People are confused because they're making false assumptions. A small eg 'why weren't cadaver dogs used already?' My answer: Seriously?? You think police - or anyone - in southern Mexico has cadaver dogs? This part of Mexico is the third world, they don't have the luxury/ skills/ interest to train cadaver dogs. Most communities don't even have police at all, they have to come from the nearest city.

The false assumption in this case is made by you. And, I don't care if there are no cadaver dogs or handlers anywhere in southern Mexico. Are you serious? All you have to do to find examples of cadaver dog use in Mexico is google the subject. Mexico City made good use of cadaver dogs after the last bad earthquake, both domestic and foreign. It would not have been overly expensive or difficult to have a handler walk the site(s) with a cadaver dog from whatever distance they were brought in. JR has made numerous flights to Mexico, hired an attorney and PI there; a cadaver dog search would be easy by comparison.

For an idea of what is available in Mexico, a more accurate result will be found if you search: Perro rastreador de cadaveres

If JR were seeking advice on using these dogs in Mexico, he could contact one of the training schools in the US for advice. Some of these US schools also work to train dogs in Mexico.

My sincere apologies to anyone who has ever been offended by my opinions...which have always stemmed from concern for Jenny. There's no point in a detailed rebuttal defending my misunderstood words. I stand by them, knowing why I wrote them and where my heart is.

Now, moving right along....Where is Jenny?

Sorry for being dim-witted when it comes to reading the truck's log, but am I understanding it right that on that day, April 12, the truck only went as far as Juchitan de Zaragoza that day before heading back northward where it came from? So, it never went east into Chiapas or anywhere further in the direction towards Cancun?

So, is this why JR has put up a billboard in Juchitan? Because that's as far as the truck traveled after (if we are to believe) Jenny boarded it. She sure wouldn't have made much travel progress, if the driver did innocently give her a lift.

Again, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I don't call myself slowpoke for nothin'! Ha!

Sorry for being dim-witted when it comes to reading the truck's log, but am I understanding it right that on that day, April 12, the truck only went as far as Juchitan de Zaragoza that day before heading back northward where it came from? So, it never went east into Chiapas or anywhere further in the direction towards Cancun?

So, is this why JR has put up a billboard in Juchitan? Because that's as far as the truck traveled after (if we are to believe) Jenny boarded it. She sure wouldn't have made much travel progress, if the driver did innocently give her a lift.

Again, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I don't call myself slowpoke for nothin'! Ha!

You're not slow, you're absolutely right, slowpoke. According to the log, the truck didn't even go into the main city of Juchitan, where the billboard was placed. And it went back north to Lagunas Crossing, rather than going toward Cancun. If this was an innocent ride, Jenny got nowhere that day, even if she was alive. Unless, of course, she was passed off to someone during one of those unexplained gaps in the log, and whisked out of the country.

You're not slow, you're absolutely right, slowpoke. According to the log, the truck didn't even go into the main city of Juchitan, where the billboard was placed. And it went back north to Lagunas Crossing, rather than going toward Cancun. If this was an innocent ride, Jenny got nowhere that day, even if she was alive. Unless, of course, she was passed off to someone during one of those unexplained gaps in the log, and whisked out of the country.

Thank you for your patience with me, Lilibet. I get there, eventually, ha!

This is such a complex and sad mystery. Poor JR. Poor Jenny. So, what is JR's next move---to get the media to print his latest info in hopes that that would pressure some entity, either the police or Kugar to scrutinize the drivers' testimony and gps records more deeply to get to the bottom of the gaps in time?

Do you think CN is still involved as an admin on the HFJ site, and a supporter for JR? I haven't seen anything from her in a long time. He could use all the support he can get. Thus is so much to deal with all alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member