Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Within the last few pages of this thread, I believe there was a suggestion of looking at the delivery stops log for the truck. That might tell us if the truck went into Juchitan de Zaragoza before heading to Santa Maria Guienagati. If such a delivery log exists, it might be possible to see if anyone at those delivery sites saw Jenny. If they did, it would be possible to eliminate some of the route from where she was picked up (as far as trying to identify places where she could have been removed from the truck). A shot in the dark, I know, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Can you tell me exactly where Lagunas Crossing is on this map? Do you have a feel for the route that the truck took

I have the advantage of many trips to Mexico, and am quite sure the semi was only moving between the breweries/major supply depots. From the supply depot, small trucks make deliveries to all the stores/bars in towns and villages, where semis can't maneouver. Also there are 2 or 3 staff per delivery truck for security since the truck is open (driver, unloader, deliverer) so no room for passengers. The delivery trucks look like this http://tinyurl.com/h8rknp3

The semis, I think, are completely locked down and can't even be opened by the driver, to prevent robbery. So only 1 person is required in the truck.

On the right hand column of the log on p 68 at 7:14 pm it says "[ESPERANDA DESCARGA]", I believe this means 'waiting to unload' (its contents at a depot.) Here's an image when I search the phrase 'camion esperanda descarga' http://tinyurl.com/jrs5w57

Usually long haul truckers drive the full cab trucks and the local or daily delivery truck drivers get the 2 seater cab.

So if the cab had a bed in the back; Then that trucker may had to be on the road for some time. So having his family with him is plausible.

But if the witness seen the long truck but the cab was only a 2 seater. Then that would mean the driver had local stops with no room for family.

So hopefully the witness or Corona will clarify the size of the cab or the itinerary for said driver and if there was delays on his route and why.

Because sometimes truckers have to sleep in their trucks or kill time for 15 hrs until a company opens or are ready to load or unload the truck.

But store delivery drivers operate during the day and have no wait delays.

What I find very interesting is that the next listing after Santa Maria on the GPS log is at Lagunas Crossing, but not named as that. It is called Mexico 185 450 Niza Conejo Oaxaca Mexico. Notice that Lagunas is to the west. If you expand the map, this is the Lagunas Crossing. So the driver apparently made a delivery at Santa Maria, as shown in my previous post, and drove back north, retracing his previous route to various addresses in Tuxtepec. He stopped at Lagunas crossing from 10:50 pm to 11:47 p.m. There is a gap in the log until 9:43 a.m. 4/13 when he got to the the 185/147 junction at Saluya. It would not take 10 hours to go that distance.

attachment.php

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...2!3m1!1s0x85eaa05b4f690555:0x4f91bc2fd403273b

What I find very interesting is that the next listing after Santa Maria on the GPS log is at Lagunas Crossing, but not named as that. It is called Mexico 185 450 Niza Conejo Oaxaca Mexico. Notice that Lagunas is to the west. If you expand the map, this is the Lagunas Crossing. So the driver apparently made a delivery at Santa Maria, as shown in my previous post, and drove back north, retracing his previous route to various addresses in Tuxtepec. He stopped at Lagunas crossing from 10:50 pm to 11:47 p.m. There is a gap in the log until 9:43 a.m. 4/13 when he got to the the 185/147 junction at Saluya. It would not take 10 hours to go that distance.

attachment.php

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...2!3m1!1s0x85eaa05b4f690555:0x4f91bc2fd403273b

Hmm. I think your right about some gaps could mean the driver was sleeping or spending the night in the area to rest.

BBM

What interests me about Jenny not staying in touch was that she told JR she would be out of touch on the trip from Oaxaca to Cancun. Why? That always struck me as odd. Why would she cause him worry during that time? There is access to Internet.

I went back to the first thread to find a link to support my memory. It was in a newspaper article in JR's home area in PA. I don't recall seeing it in other articles.

Reinhard said she texted him on April 11 from Oaxaca in western Mexico and told him she would be out of contact for a few days while she traveled across the country to Cancun.

http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico

Original post and another comment on this...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12517736#post12517736

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12520577#post12520577

While I was on the first thread, I noticed that up to eight guests were reading at the same time. There's still enough interest in Jenny's case that people are reading the first thread.

What if the shopkeeper family sent that text.

Especially when a person would simply call you to let you know that they are going to be off the grid until the meet up time.

Plus wouldn't they need to finalize the time and exact place.

Their lack of communication is just so odd.

Btw. Your spouse text you that they will be off the grid. But you don't call them right away before them going off the grid. Even if its just to find out their game plan on getting to the meet up location.

Hmmmm.

I wouldn't be surprised if JR had another woman in the house at the time. And just brushed things off as okay ,whatever , see you soon.

What if the shopkeeper family sent that text.

Especially when a person would simply call you to let you know that they are going to be off the grid until the meet up time.

Plus wouldn't they need to finalize the time and exact place.

Their lack of communication is just so odd.

Btw. Your spouse text you that they will be off the grid. But you don't call them right away before them going off the grid. Even if its just to find out their game plan on getting to the meet up location.

Hmmmm.

I wouldn't be surprised if JR had another woman in the house at the time. And just brushed things off as okay ,whatever , see you soon.

JR said he contacted her to try to persuade her to take a bus and sent money to pay for it, according to the article I linked. So it seems he was concerned. Jenny was pretty headstrong though. I think he was just trying to let her get this out of her system.

attachment.php

I agree, that seems odd to me. Here is the satellite of the location Niza Conejos, Screenshot_20160929-113553.png

It is roughly 50 km from Juchitan, as per the log. Screenshot_20160929-115328.png

Thanks to all of you. I was able, on google maps, to follow the route/area from the Lagunas Crossing to OJDZ-Santa Maria Guienagati.

At Lilibet's prompting, I see the truck spent about 2 hours at OJDZ-Santa Maria Guienagati. If Jenny was in the truck and conscious during that time, she might have wanted to exit the truck to stretch her legs, eat something, or make a toilet stop, Someone may have seen here there...but assuming Jenny was picked up at 2pm as reported earlier, the driver MIGHT have taken an inordinate amount of time to reach OJDZ-Santa Maria Guienagati (2pm-7:14pm). But he may have made some legitimate stops en-route that are not showing on the log (I do suspect there is a gap in the log where JR and his PI state there to be). This could mean Jenny was no longer in the truck[FONT=&quot] at OJDZ-Santa Maria Guienagati[/FONT], or in the truck but immobilized.

Also. If Jr wants us to believe him then I suggest he does this.

He said that Jenny had no money so he was going to send her money for the bus via a deposit in her account.

Okay. Great.

So if Jr shows us a screenshot of the deposit he made to her; Then I will now be happy to acknowledge that Jr isn't lying.

Plus pardon my french.

Jonathan says that Jenny only had 40 PESOS.

Are you kidding me.

If your spouse is missing in another country.

Wouldn't you say that she only had $2 dollars all together.

Wtf.

So since 40 pesos equal $2.

Then why didn't JR simply tell us Americans that Jenny only had $2.

Now your Facebook page and asking for help in America is one thing.

But why say your wife had 40 pesos. When you could simply say that your wife had $2 to her name.

So imo. Jr is definitely lying or misleading things.

Jmo

I agree, that seems odd to me. Here is the satellite of the location Niza Conejos,
attachment.php

It is roughly 50 km from Juchitan, as per the log.
attachment.php

Thanks. I'd be surprised if he actually left 185 and went to Niza Conejo near Lagunas. I think the location on the log is showing the location along 185 near Niza Conejo/Lagunas turnoff. I certainly could be wrong, of course, but my google map of the exact listing on the log showed the location on 185. JMO

He might have spent some of that time sleeping. And, more the reason to search that site(s) with a cadaver dog(s)?

Great Find, Lilibet. Now that is an undeniable gap in the record; not pointed out by JR, his PI, Kugar, or anyone until now by you.

Lol.

Your wife has $2 in her account with no job.

And she has already been in another country for 6 weeks.

Plus she planned to visit Cuba and Ny before the trip was done.
So is Jonathan saying that he was soley paying for her 3 country get away.

Why would he offer to send her money.

When obviously she didn't have any but still planned on going to cuba and ny.

Was Jenny expecting more of her own money without him needing to offer money?

Or did Jonathan pay for the 3 country trip but decided to stop sending her money.

Now Jenny seemed independent.

So why would she need his money.

Did he tell her that he will pay for her to go on this big expedition.

Or did Jenny have $1000s in her bank but was stuck because JR spent her money on tug and rubs?

Thanks. I'd be surprised if he actually left 185 and went to Niza Conejo near Lagunas. I think the location on the log is showing the location along 185 near Niza Conejo/Lagunas turnoff. I certainly could be wrong, of course, but my google map of the exact listing on the log showed the location on 185. JMO

I'm not sure either, it's hard to interpret the table.

I want to thank all of you who are analyzing the GPS logs & providing maps. I cannot make heads or tails out of the logs. When I see 8 hour gaps, I just assume he is sleeping. Also, I thought Mexico used military time.... or it that Europe I'm thinking of?

JR said that the two drivers could not have been in convoy because the logs show otherwise. I hope he provides the other driver's logs so we can compare. It sounds like these logs went from Kruger, to Corona, to JR's team. Anything could have been edited - even the driver's name. Hopefully his attorney has contacted the GPS company by now! But I doubt he has an atty in the US.... yet.

I have been perusing the FB pages of Kruger truck drivers (thanks, Lilibet!), and it's interesting reading! The pictures are beautiful. I can see why Jenny wanted to see that part of the country. Some of them, esp the female driver I followed, post details of their locations and where they are heading at all times. I'm assuming it is mostly for safety reasons - smart! I don't know if our driver did/does that because his posts aren't visible. These drivers all seem like hard working people who love their job. I tried to imagine them knowing one of their own murdered a hitchhiker, and whether or not they would cover for him (as JR implies driver#2 is doing). These drivers who post Missing Peoples' posters on their FB pages, and it's hard to believe, but who knows....

Would love to know what her parents think about this now.

He might have spent some of that time sleeping. And, more the reason to search that site(s) with a cadaver dog(s)?

Great Find, Lilibet. Now that is an undeniable gap in the record; not pointed out by JR, his PI, Kugar, or anyone until now by you.

I made another call to Omnitracs today. I was honest, told them what I was calling about and that they could see the HFJ Facebook page online. Omnitracs Technical Support told me that it is possible the actual GPS data is still retrievable, but that they (the Omnitracs tech) would need more info to ascertain this (more than the identifier numbers/codes on the truck log we have). This request would be best made by JR and his Team.

I'm so sorry to dwell on this.

But Jr saying that he offered to send money to his wife that only had $2 in Mexico while traveling 3 more days to get to him is unreal. Jmo.

Let me prove it to you.

Wouldn't Jr have simply stated that I put $500 in her account or something.

He just says he offered money and he added some. Btw. You don' t offer anything in situations like this.

You simply tell your wife that I deposited xyz to get you through.

So why tell us he offered money like it was charity but she may not accept it?

Well Jr. Please tell us when you deposited the money and how much.

Plus show us a screenshot of the transaction so we can believe you more and move on.
Jmo

I want to thank all of you who are analyzing the GPS logs & providing maps. I cannot make heads or tails out of the logs. When I see 8 hour gaps, I just assume he is sleeping.

The log ends on April 12th in one location and starts on April 13th in a different location. This is a gap that Lilibet discovered. It should look like it does when it ends on April 11th in the same location that it starts on April 12th.

Thank you, Webant!

Dexter, it's frustrating that we have to make so many assumptions in this case, due to JR's lack of communication and forthcoming-ness :).... But he keeps saying that her priority was to get to an ATM. So I do think she had her own money. Just for some reason, she let her on-hand funds dwindle to 40 pesos. Why, I don't know. Obviously you don't want to carry a lot of cash on you whilst hitchhiking across a 3rd world country, but when in Mexico, you ALWAYS want to have bribe-cash tucked away, just in case. She was in the country for that long, I'm sure she knew this (esp after the shake down with the motorcycle helmet ticket). So I don't know why she let it get that low. I think he said he tried to convince her to let him get her a bus ticket. She supposedly said no, whether it was because she didn't want to pay for it, or she wanted the experience of thumbing it across Mexico, I don't know. But if he offered to send her the cash for it, perhaps it was the latter.

I don't know if the drivers keep a written log of their routes or not. The company might require them to note such things. That is likely the only way I would be able to remember something like that with such presicion so long afterwards.
I explained a few days ago about the rules truckers follow in keeping logs. And since this is actually a California company, I gave zero doubt that the driver keeps a daily log book, that technically must be updated hourly while they are on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member