Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from JR's press release:
"Early morning on April 12[SUP]th[/SUP] 2016, Jenny arrived at Lagunas crossing from Oaxaca by hitching a ride with a cement mixer. A shop keeper, who is also a witness was kind enough to welcome Jenny into their home to stay the night. Jenny only had 40 peso’s and was in the need of a bank ATM. The next morning, Jenny showered, and ate with the shop keeper’s family. "

Doesn't this imply that Jenny would have started hitch hiking on the 13th? And yet the missing 8 hours are on the 12th. Is this just a typo error?

and again from the press release:
"Once hearing this information, I immediately flew to Mexico and met with these witnesses. They showed me a pad of paper that Jenny was teaching the family Chinese writing, in which Jenny had written her name. There is no doubt Jenny was there on April 12[SUP]th[/SUP]. "

There is a 3 hour 'window' in the 'GPS' log on the 13th, from 1:40pm to 4:40pm.

Ha! My turn to say "ouch"! :doh: I need to go back and figure the timeline. I thought Jenny left Oaxaca on April 11 and disappeared April 12. So if that is correct, JR made a mistake saying she arrived at Lagunas crossing April 12, spent the night and left the next day, which would be April 13. BUT, if by "early morning" JR means she arrived in the cement truck shortly after midnight April 12, it would all fit. The "next morning" could mean daylight morning of the same day. Why would she need to spend the night with this family if she arrived at daytime early morning? Just keep going. It seems that this family may be connected to the truck stop, where Jenny was said to have slept in earlier information released. JMO

I tnink we can stay with the 12th, so the missing time is still relevant, I guess. The missing 3 hours on the 13th are in Tuxtepec, near where Kugar headquarters are located.

There are a lot of tolls in Mexico. I wonder if any of them have images saved or if the manually staffed ones would be able to recall Jenny.

Ha! My turn to say "ouch"! :doh: I need to go back and figure the timeline. I thought Jenny left Oaxaca on April 11 and disappeared April 12. So if that is correct, JR made a mistake saying she arrived at Lagunas crossing April 12, spent the night and left the next day, which would be April 13. BUT, if by "early morning" JR means she arrived in the cement truck shortly after midnight April 12, it would all fit. The "next morning" could mean daylight morning of the same day. Why would she need to spend the night with this family if she arrived at daytime early morning? Just keep going. It seems that this family may be connected to the truck stop, where Jenny was said to have slept in earlier information released. JMO

I tnink we can stay with the 12th, so the missing time is still relevant, I guess. The missing 3 hours on the 13th are in Tuxtepec, near where Kugar headquarters are located.

Whew, since JR put out his "press release" I felt like this thread was like a merry-go-round going round and round, and I didn't know how to get back on, lol. But, here I am, jumping on. :smile:

This is what I was noticing, too, about the date. I was thinking similar thoughts to myself, as such:

JR wrote:
"Early morning on April 12th 2016, Jenny arrived at Lagunas crossing from Oaxaca by hitching a ride with a cement mixer. A shop keeper, who is also a witness was kind enough to welcome Jenny into their home to stay the night. Jenny only had 40 peso’s and was in the need of a bank ATM. The next morning, Jenny showered, and ate with the shop keeper’s family. My wife had stated that she was on her way to Cancun, and needed to be there by the 15th of April. The shopkeeper had arranged a ride for her with someone who she trusted.
After several hours of waiting Jenny became impatient and decided to go out to the road and hold up a “CANCUN” sign. Knowing my wife’s stubbornness, this was accurate. After a while of waiting, a truck with the Corona logos’ pulled up on the opposite side of the street, the driver and Jenny had a brief conversation, and Jenny was convinced to get in the truck. Again, Jenny’s first order of business was to make it to a bank ATM. She never made it, according to her bank records and the cards that she had been using the entire trip.
Once hearing this information, I immediately flew to Mexico and met with these witnesses. They showed me a pad of paper that Jenny was teaching the family Chinese writing, in which Jenny had written her name. There is no doubt Jenny was there on April 12th. I asked the witnesses what they thought happened; they stated “the driver meant to bring harm to Jenny”.
That was almost five months ago."

JR writes that Jenny stayed with the shopkeeper family until "the next morning". But that would mean 4/13, and before JR has stated she got the ride on 4/12 at 2pm. So, he must mean she arrived sometime post-midnight, slept a few hours at the shopkeepers' home, then awoke at a more typical morning hour on 4/12, maybe? If so, though, how did she meet up with a shopkeeper at such an hour?

Why did we read from the radio show program that she may have spent the night at the truck stop (must be the Pemex station at the Lagunas crossing)? I guess one answer to that it could be a combination shop/home near the Pemex station. And perhaps the shop was near where Jenny was picked up, so that the shopkeeper saw and heard the driver when she boarded?

Because the shopkeeper provided the Chinese writing on the notepad, it sounds believable that Jenny was there. And I think JR must think she (a woman, apparently, for at one place JR says "she") is credible, calling the shopkeeper "kind enough to welcome Jenny into their home".

But, did the same shopkeeper also see Jenny arrive via the cement truck? Or were they able find this cement truck driver and speak to him personally. If this info also came from the shopkeeper, so much is riding on this shopkeeper's statements' accuracy.

My head doesn't understand the truck's electronic log printout, so I'll leave that discussion to you brighter folks. :blushing:

I agree with all.

Either he meant to say she arrived late on the 11th and bumped into the shopkeeper and spent the night.

Or it could be she arrived at 12:01 am on the 12th and stayed the night until morning.

Or she actually left on the 13th.

So I think she had to see the shopkeeper on the 11th before business hours closed.

Or this shopkeeper hangs out very late until pass midnight which female shopkeepers do not do.

So I agree. The press release leaves more questions as JR has been known to do when giving updates to clarify things that he rarely makes clear. Jmo

Or it could be she arrived at 12:01 am on the 12th and stayed the night until morning.

Or she actually left on the 13th.

So I think she had to see the shopkeeper on the 11th before business hours closed.

Or this shopkeeper hangs out very late until pass midnight which female shopkeepers do not do.

So I agree. The press release leaves more questions as JR has been known to do when giving updates to clarify things that he rarely makes clear. Jmo

This image is from Google street view of the location that I believe Jenny was dropped off by the cement truck. IIRC I saw a photo JR took of himself in this location. It's beside Highway 185 and big semis are parked out front.

Screenshot_20160927-192027.png

Not shops, more cafe/bar for truckers to meet, eat, drink. Therefore likely open very late, past midnight. The family would live there or in a shack just behind, they'd have no money for a home and transportation back and forth, childcare, etc. Whole family would run the establishment and take care of smaller children.

I understand that if Jenny left in this truck (the one we have the 'GPS' log for) she had to do it on the 12th when the truck went past the place she is known to have hitchhiked from (I assume the 'GPS' log dates are correct). I will buy that she showed up late on the 11th or early on the 12th as JR states and slept for a few hours or so. While it is true that most Mom & Pop stores in Mexico are closed and locked up tight during the 'wee' hours, if in this case the store was affiliated with the gas/truck stop, it could be a 24 hour kind of place. I have seen in Mexico places like the OXXO stores, where the ones that are 24 hours shut and lock the door, but you can buy items through an opening in the door (your not allowed to enter). They could have taken Jenny, a petite young tourist, in for the "night".

My mention of the '3 hour window' on the 'GPS' log's 13th, was as a possibility for getting Jenny out of the truck, not in (obviously the truck had moved well on from where Jenny was picked up). I haven't yet checked to see if those three hours match the time needed to cover the distance between those two points.

But come on. Who says the word shopkeeper when they could be a little more specific.

Idk.

Rats, lost a long reply.

Looking at the table, I think it primarily records the events of the truck being turned off and on, rather than specifically gps locations.

When the truck is turned off, it records the distance that was travelled since the truck was turned on. When it is turned on, it records the amount of time since it was turned off, when the truck was supposed to be moving.

It often just notes the route the truck is on between location A (eg Tierra Blanca) and location B (eg Sayula de Aleman), ie in this example Highway 145.

I don't think the data is missing between 11:30 am and 7:14 pm, the driver just had the truck on that whole time, but travelled only 123 km until reaching the company depot in Juchitlan de Zaragoza to unload (DESCARGA).

So the data usn't missing, but info about what the driver was doing is. Drivers usually leave the trucks idling while they sleep at truck spots, so that's possible, except that the driver presumably slept between 2 and 8 am, when the truck was on without travelling far.

Part of the time could have been the protest roadblock mentioned by witnesses. Or something else.

I'd put more time into this, but not right now.

It's possible there is no missing data, but how would we explain what the truck was doing for 7:45 hours on a trip that would normally take half that time (for a big truck) or maybe even less...and it didn't trip the low speed/idle recording once during this time?

Regarding the 'ignicion switching on', 'ignicion switching off' log indications: on Page 2 of the record we have, between the times of 12:10pm and 12:16pm there are a number of these indications, which makes me wonder if the ignicion really has to be turned off to triger this, or if an 'idle' will do it. JR has stated that the GPS unit will indicate an idle to advise the company of a possible robbery.

It's possible there is no missing data, but how would we explain what the truck was doing for 7:45 hours on a trip that would normally take half that time (for a big truck) or maybe even less...and it didn't trip the low speed/idle recording once during this time?

Regarding the 'ignicion switching on', 'ignicion switching off' log indications: on Page 2 of the record we have, between the times of 12:10pm and 12:16pm there are a number of these indications, which makes me wonder if the ignicion really has to be turned off to triger this, or if an 'idle' will do it. JR has stated that the GPS unit will indicate an idle to advise the company of a possible robbery.

He said he was with his family and it's against company policy. So idk.

Maybe they were at a family bbq on company time.

They might also sell stuff, I'm thinking 'truck stop' might be the way to describe it, rather than shop. But techie guys can have poor language skills.

FYI: For private sleuthing purposes (not to be posted), the full name of the truck driver on the GPS report is not JS, but JSR, if you look at the title of the PDF on HFJ.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/678768858964828/

Using FB, it's possible to find other Kugar drivers. Exploring a page or two, the blockade April 11 was mentioned. That was the ostensible reason the driver was going in the wrong direction to Cancun. I'm going to keep quietly exploring those pages, hoping something will show up that may help JR. Long shot, but I'm getting dizzy and crazy looking at the GPS log and trying to tie it in with the press release. :banghead:

This image is from Google street view of the location that I believe Jenny was dropped off by the cement truck. IIRC I saw a photo JR took of himself in this location. It's beside Highway 185 and big semis are parked out front.

attachment.php

Not shops, more cafe/bar for truckers to meet, eat, drink. Therefore likely open very late, past midnight. The family would live there or in a shack just behind, they'd have no money for a home and transportation back and forth, childcare, etc. Whole family would run the establishment and take care of smaller children.

This looks right and it's across the road from the large Pemex truck stop. I agree that it was probably open late.

FYI: For private sleuthing purposes (not to be posted), the full name of the truck driver on the GPS report is not JS, but JSR, if you look at the title of the PDF on HFJ.

Using FB, it's possible to find other Kugar drivers. Exploring a page or two, the blockade April 11 was mentioned. That was the ostensible reason the driver was going in the wrong direction to Cancun. I'm going to keep quietly exploring those pages, hoping something will show up that may help JR. Long shot, but I'm getting dizzy and crazy looking at the GPS log and trying to tie it in with the press release. :banghead:

I was wondering if the driver did go to Cancun, or did his run end at Tuxtepec?

Something else I've been wondering about (not related to the quoted post above) is the disabling of GPS units by drivers. If the GPS devices are communicating with a satellite every five minutes (as per JR in this case) or even at any interval, I am surprised that when the driver disables the GPS unit there would not be some kind of 'no signal' recorded on the log (satellite sending a no response from the land unit). There are passive types of these units and active types. I believe Kugar was using an active type system. Companies really don't want drivers disabling these units, I would think there would be steps to prevent it or at least know about it when it happened.

I was wondering if the driver did go to Cancun, or did his run end at Tuxtepec?

I rather doubt the driver was headed for Cancun. The GPS log originated in Tuxtapec and ended there. I've never hitchhiked, but if you hold up a sign saying where you want to go, anyone can say they're going there. Without a sign, you have a chance to ask a driver where they are going, and you can always beg off if they look sketchy by saying that won't work for you. It appears that this driver seized an opportunity and used the blockades to persuade Jenny to accept the ride.

Welp. In the press release that Lilibet was nice enough to type here; Its clearly obvious that Jr believes the shopkeeper 1000 percent.

Especially since the unidentified shopkeeper supposedly made statements to him that cant be questioned since this person is invisible to everyone except for Jr and his team. Jmo

But out of everything mentioned. It seems like 2nd hand information.

So I would love for the police to polygraph the shopkeeper first. Jmo.

I think JR needs to get the log for EVERY driver who worked that day, regardless of their route. If we could see them all, we could detect a pattern and possibly then detect when the pattern is broken.

Welp. In the press release that Lilibet was nice enough to type here; Its clearly obvious that Jr believes the shopkeeper 1000 percent.

Especially since the unidentified shopkeeper supposedly made statements to him that cant be questioned since this person is invisible to everyone except for Jr and his team. Jmo

But out of everything mentioned. It seems like 2nd hand information.

So I would love for the police to polygraph the shopkeeper first. Jmo.

Not a bad idea. If the shopkeeper is willing, it would be interesting to know what the results would be. Since LE hasn't cooperated regarding the drivers, I don't see a polygraph of the shopkeeper happening. There must be something that convinces JR and the PI of their truthfulness about the driver picking up Jenny. In his press release, JR says "multiple witnesses." Below is the first section again discussing this. What's notable to me is that these witnesses "came forward" and told what they knew about Jenny, causing "a break in the case." If they had something to do with her disappearance, I doubt they would have come forward. The PI probably would not have found them on his own, and if he had, they would have lied.

On around May 15th, after exhaustive and unsuccessful search for witnesses and clues in South East Oaxaca, Mexico, my private investigator finally found a break in the case. Multiple witnesses at a dangerous truck crossing called Lagunas Crossing came forward and identified Jenny and explained her last sighting. Early morning on April 12th 2016, Jenny arrived at Lagunas crossing from Oaxaca by hitching a ride with a cement mixer. A shop keeper, who is also a witness was kind enough to welcome Jenny into their home to stay the night. Jenny only had 40 peso’s and was in the need of a bank ATM. The next morning, Jenny showered, and ate with the shop keeper’s family. My wife had stated that she was on her way to Cancun, and needed to be there by the 15th of April. The shopkeeper had arranged a ride for her with someone who she trusted. After several hours of waiting Jenny became impatient and decided to go out to the road and hold up a “CANCUN” sign. Knowing my wife’s stubbornness, this was accurate. After a while of waiting, a truck with the Corona logos’ pulled up on the opposite side of the street, the driver and Jenny had a brief conversation, and Jenny was convinced to get in the truck. Again, Jenny’s first order of business was to make it to a bank ATM. She never made it, according to her bank records and the cards that she had been using the entire trip.Once hearing this information, I immediately flew to Mexico and met with these witnesses. They showed me a pad of paper that Jenny was teaching the family Chinese writing, in which Jenny had written her name. There is no doubt Jenny was there on April 12th. I asked the witnesses what they thought happened;they stated “the driver meant to bring harm to Jenny”.That was almost five months ago.

Not a bad idea. If the shopkeeper is willing, it would be interesting to know what the results would be. Since LE hasn't cooperated regarding the drivers, I don't see a polygraph of the shopkeeper happening. There must be something that convinces JR and the PI of their truthfulness about the driver picking up Jenny. In his press release, JR says "multiple witnesses." Below is the first section again discussing this. What's notable to me is that these witnesses "came forward" and told what they knew about Jenny, causing "a break in the case." If they had something to do with her disappearance, I doubt they would have come forward. The PI probably would not have found them on his own, and if he had, they would have lied.

On around May 15th, after exhaustive and unsuccessful search for witnesses and clues in South East Oaxaca, Mexico, my private investigator finally found a break in the case. Multiple witnesses at a dangerous truck crossing called Lagunas Crossing came forward and identified Jenny and explained her last sighting. Early morning on April 12th 2016, Jenny arrived at Lagunas crossing from Oaxaca by hitching a ride with a cement mixer. A shop keeper, who is also a witness was kind enough to welcome Jenny into their home to stay the night. Jenny only had 40 peso’s and was in the need of a bank ATM. The next morning, Jenny showered, and ate with the shop keeper’s family. My wife had stated that she was on her way to Cancun, and needed to be there by the 15th of April. The shopkeeper had arranged a ride for her with someone who she trusted. After several hours of waiting Jenny became impatient and decided to go out to the road and hold up a “CANCUN” sign. Knowing my wife’s stubbornness, this was accurate. After a while of waiting, a truck with the Corona logos’ pulled up on the opposite side of the street, the driver and Jenny had a brief conversation, and Jenny was convinced to get in the truck. Again, Jenny’s first order of business was to make it to a bank ATM. She never made it, according to her bank records and the cards that she had been using the entire trip.Once hearing this information, I immediately flew to Mexico and met with these witnesses. They showed me a pad of paper that Jenny was teaching the family Chinese writing, in which Jenny had written her name. There is no doubt Jenny was there on April 12th. I asked the witnesses what they thought happened;they stated “the driver meant to bring harm to Jenny”.That was almost five months ago.

I love you my friend.

But let's review the catch 22 for the sake of boredom. Lol.

He says multiple witnesses seen her arrive at the crossing in the cement truck at night.

But but but. The last witness from that night and into the morning is the shopkeeper and possibly whoever else lives in the house.

So unless he updates his press release. It seems like the shopkeeper and maybe their family was the last to see Jenny.

Now remember he mentioned the overheard conversation that Jenny had with the driver.

Well he definitely doesn't mention that here nor a specific different witness that may have overheardthe conversation.

Its sad that the press release skips many specifics.

Like how many people lived in the home.

Who was going to give Jenny a ride at first.

Who was the witness that overheard the conversation.

Etc etc.

I don't know. But you are right. The police will not polygraph the shopkeeper nor her family.

Plus we don't know if the shopkeeper have crazy people staying there as well.

Chinese girl shows up near a bar or dangerous area at night and she vanishes the next day?

Hmmmmmmm. Idk

Jenny took it upon herself to make a sign and hitch a ride. I don't think that was staged by the shopkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya