Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kugar's website claims a base in Tuxtepec, Oaxaca, Mexico. The GPS tracking system they use was originally owned by Qualcomm (indeed Kugar still calls it Qualcomm on their website) which is headquartered in California (but Qualcomm is not an owner of Kugar). Qualcomm sold this tracking system about three years ago to a company called Omnitracs (per my telephone conversation of the other day with Qualcomm), which is based in Dallas, Texas, US. They are now the company providing Kugar with their GPS fleet tracking.
Got it. Thanks. Whew!

And so...... Can JR press for a subpoena of the records in the search for his missing wife? I think the answer is yes. He perhaps needs a better lawyer.

I think all this driver stuff is a red herring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't even know if the records provided are for the correct driver who "supposedly" picked up Jenny.

Got it. Thanks. Whew!

And so...... Can JR press for a subpoena of the records in the search for his missing wife? I think the answer is yes. He perhaps needs a better lawyer.

Yes, JR could retain an attorney in the US and subpoena the GPS data from Omnitracs. But, that data might or might not still exist. I've talked with a technician at Omnitracs who told me that they would need more information than what is on the truck log we currently have, in order to even identify which GPS unit for Omnitracks to check data for. The Omnitracs technician told me that the data might still be retrievable or it might not be. It is possible that the additional information that Omnitracs needs in order to know which unit to look at/for would have to come from Kugar, and if they were uncooperative...

We don't even know if the records provided are for the correct driver who "supposedly" picked up Jenny.

Exactly! JR has clearly stated on HFJ that JS(R) said that he was driving in a convoy with his family. It was earlier stated that this driver said he couldn't fit Jenny in his truck. So why are we looking at HIS log? Especially since the convoy claim has been proven false according to JR. If there was no convoy, how does family guy JSR know anything about single guy, unless they were communicating by CB or something? In what way is he believed to be covering for single guy? And why is the eight hour gap on JSR's log significant? Is JR implying that JSR's family WASN'T with him and that HE is the one who picked up Jenny? These are fair questions.

Anyone who can make sense of this...please explain what JR means.

Dear JR, I want Jenny to be found. But here's the deal. When you post a press release providing new and important information that you want people to send to media outlets, please make sure that it makes sense and doesn't raise more questions and create confusion. I'm trying to help, not be critical. I would have distributed your press release if it had been written in such a way that the press could use it...brief, to the point, with a paragraph of background information...and no ambiguities. I don't expect you to release sensitive or confidential information. I just want to be able to understand what you want the general public to understand. Please try again.
Best wishes,
Lilibet

I agree, Lilibet, those are the questions we now have. Thanks for clarifying them!

What I'd like to know, too, is if the shopkeeper has been shown the two photos of the drivers, and if she pointed to one of them as the one she saw pick up Jenny in his truck.

In addition, I wonder if the shopkeeper has said the trucks were not in a convoy. If the trucker was lying about being in a convoy, what would be the reason for saying he was? So that the other driver would be an alibi for him? Is that what JR means about one driver covering for the other? As I said, I'm kinda slow these days,.....lol.

J
Exactly! JR has clearly stated on HFJ that JS(R) said that he was driving in a convoy with his family. It was earlier stated that this driver said he couldn't fit Jenny in his truck. So why are we looking at HIS log? Especially since the convoy claim has been proven false according to JR. If there was no convoy, how does family guy JSR know anything about single guy, unless they were communicating by CB or something? In what way is he believed to be covering for single guy? And why is the eight hour gap on JSR's log significant? Is JR implying that JSR's family WASN'T with him and that HE is the one who picked up Jenny? These are fair questions.

Dear JR, I want Jenny to be found. But here's the deal. When you post a press release providing new and important information that you want people to send to media outlets, please make sure that it makes sense and doesn't raise more questions and create confusion. I'm trying to help, not be critical. I would have distributed your press release if it had been written in such a way that the press could use it...brief, to the point, with a paragraph of background information...and no ambiguities. I don't expect you to release sensitive or confidential information. I just want to be able to understand what you want the general public to understand. Please try again.
Best wishes,
Lilibet

Lilibet,

Sounds like you have a clear vision of what would be a great PR release. Why don't you take a stab at that and post it here.
Might be very helpful!

Best wishes,
Lilibet

I agree.

Because Jrs job has allowed him to live in several countries while talking logistics to prospective clients for the communication business that he was apart of.

But he leaves out so much basic specifics in a press release.

Especially since its been a 1/3 of a year since the start of his investigation.

Now I want to believe a Corona driver is involved. But I truly cant blame the driver until Jr seems more believable or unless the fbi steps in or something. Jmo.

Because Jr wants us to to look at reports and statements of Corona discrepancies of atleast negligence.

But Jr has alot of discrepancies and left out information as well. Jmo

PRESS RELEASE: Update on the search for Jenny Chen, missing in Mexico since April 12, 2016
September 26, 2016
Oaxaca, Mexico

Jenny Chen, a Chinese permanent resident of the U.S. living in Seattle, disappeared in Oaxaca on April 12 of this year, near the end of a two month solo trip in Mexico. According to her husband, Jonathan Reinhard, efforts to locate her and follow leads have been stalled or blocked in a number of ways, despite the efforts of his private investigator and his attorney Everardo Moreno in Mexico.

En route to meet her husband in Cancun on April 15, Jenny is known to have hitched a ride on April 11 on a cement truck from the city of Oaxaca, arriving at Lagunas Crossing on highway 185 sometime after midnight on April 12. A kind shopkeeper took her in for the night and arranged for a trusted friend to drive Jenny to Cancun. Jenny decided to hitchhike and was last seen accepting a ride by a driver delivering Corona beer. There has been no sign of her or activity on her bank account since. The shopkeeper is of the opinion that the truck driver "meant to bring harm to Jenny."

The names of two Corona drivers passing the Lagunas Crossing area on highway 185 are known. The police have promised to bring them in for polygraphs and take action against them, but have not done so. The drivers have refused polygraphs and made statements later shown to be untrue.

Corona, distributed by Grupo Modelo which is owned by Anheuser Busch (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupo_Modelo) and the contract truck company Kugar (http://www.kugar.com.mx/quienes_somos_en.html) have provided the GPS logs of both drivers to Jenny's husband and his private investigator. The logs do not show that either driver stopped at Lagunas Crossing, however there is an unexplained eight hour gap in the log of one truck at the time Jenny disappeared. It appears that this period of time was deleted from the system. True GPS data can only be obtained with Corona's permission from the U.S. GPS company Omnitracs, headquartered in Texas (http://www.omnitracs.com). Corona has not granted permission.

The truck that most likely picked up Jenny was sold just before Reinhard's private investigator arrived to inspect it and has not been located.

Jenny's husband, Jonathan Reinhard says, "I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I absolutely feel like I am getting the runaround from ALL involved parties."

Reinhard maintains a Facebook group dedicated to finding his wife. https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/

End of press release

To write this press release I followed the tips in the linked article. No doubt it can be improved upon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zach-cutler/press-release-tips_b_2120630.html

J

Lilibet,

Sounds like you have a clear vision of what would be a great PR release. Why don't you take a stab at that and post it here.
Might be very helpful!

Ha! I just posted it. I hadn't seen your post. :)

J

Lilibet,

Might be very helpful!

Imo. The hubby should provide the detailed information and not a websleuths member.

I'm sure this isn't relevant, but it seems odd to me that a cement truck is out driving around late at night. Cement trucks are normally driven locally, to and from jobs. If it had a load of cement, where was it going to dump it at that time of night? And if it didn’t have a load of cement, where the heck was it going?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last note.

Some people are mad at some of our thinking regarding this case.

But some haven't seen the 100s of Facebook post that Jonathan has deleted.

And those of us that followed the case shouldn't have to resurrect his old comments that he deleted once getting heat from others. Jmo.

So if you feel like we are solely blaming JR.

Then I'm sorry that he deleted 1000 things while he was in position to do so.

Last note.

Some people are mad at some of our thinking regarding this case.

But some haven't seen the 100s of Facebook post that Jonathan has deleted.

And those of us that followed the case shouldn't have to resurrect his old comments that he deleted once getting heat from others. Jmo.

So if you feel like we are solely blaming JR.

Then I'm sorry that he deleted 1000 things while he was in position to do so.

I agree completely.

Questioning JR's actions is a reasonable thing to do, as far as I'm concerned. In cases such as this, the first person of interest for investigators is often the spouse.

I'm sure this isn't relevant, but it seems odd to me that a cement truck is out driving around late at night. Cement trucks are normally driven locally, to and from jobs. If it had a load of cement, where was it going to dump it at that time of night? And if it didn’t have a load of cement, where the heck was it going?

Good point about the cement truck. Another mystery. :)

Excellent work, Lilibet!!

Yes indeed. Thanks Lilibet. Your cleaned-up press release is fit for release to the public. In my opinion, JR's version is a rough draft...very rough; so much so that it could be detrimental to JR's cause. JMO

Yes indeed. Thanks Lilibet. Your cleaned-up press release is fit for release to the public. In my opinion, JR's version is a rough draft...very rough; so much so that it could be detrimental to JR's cause. JMO

Thanks so much. I figured I'd better produce something if I was going to critique his press release. :D I've never written a press release in my life, but I do have the ability to write clearly and concisely (not that I always do that on WS!) and I know how to find out how to put together a press release using Google. I really hope he didn't pay a professional for it. It certainly could be detrimental. Sadly, one commenter has already sent it to some journalist friends. She had to ask JR how he wanted to be contacted.

It is relevant. These are good points. Although, we don't know when or where the cement truck picked up Jenny (or do we??). Maybe he/she found Jenny stranded 5 minutes away and offered to take her to the nearest shop. Or maybe he took her the whole way from Oaxaca to the Junction.

We still don't know what time she was dropped off at the Junction. Maybe the cement truck was on his way to his first job of the day... OR was it the middle of the night? Does JR know? Does his PI know? I mean, his PI continued to tweet that she was last seen on April 11, even after getting this information from the witnesses. Was this an oversight, or does he not believe the witness.
[video=twitter;752745976859758592]https://twitter.com/mexicopi/status/752745976859758592[/video]

I wonder if her last Couch Surfing host saw her get into any vehicle after she left. I will search back to see if we talked about it, but if somebody remembers, could you please comment?

It is relevant. These are good points. Although, we don't know when or where the cement truck picked up Jenny (or do we??). Maybe he/she found Jenny stranded 5 minutes away and offered to take her to the nearest shop. Or maybe he took her the whole way from Oaxaca to the Junction.

We still don't know what time she was dropped off at the Junction. Maybe the cement truck was on his way to his first job of the day... OR was it the middle of the night? Does JR know? Does his PI know? I mean, his PI continued to tweet that she was last seen on April 11, even after getting this information from the witnesses. Was this an oversight, or does he not believe the witness.
[video=twitter;752745976859758592]https://twitter.com/mexicopi/status/752745976859758592[/video]

I wonder if her last Couch Surfing host saw her get into any vehicle after she left. I will search back to see if we talked about it, but if somebody remembers, could you please comment?
BBM

Excellent questions, and it would help to have answers. I sort of filled in blanks in my version of the press release, based on our discussion here. But we don't really know. I hadn't realized the PI tweeted the April 11 date in July, when the information about Jenny staying with this family and hitching a ride on April 12 was available in May. That's very strange. It would be interesting to go back and read the transcript of JR's and Moreno's radio interviews in July too.

I don't remember if her last Couch Surfing host said anything. This is the first I've heard of a cement truck.

Here's what JR wrote in his press release:

Early morning on April 12th 2016, Jenny arrived at Lagunas crossing from Oaxaca by hitching a ride with a cement mixer. A shop keeper, who is also a witness was kind enough to welcome Jenny into their home to stay the night.

ETA: I found a tweet in May from the PI mentioning April 12. I think the one in July saying April 11 was an error by the person Molina retweeted. Molina hasn't tweeted about Jenny since July 13. I wonder if he is still on the case. JR did mention bringing in a couple of PI's from elsewhere.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MexicoPI/status/734969846706802688

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member