Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seem the thread in crimes for artist expat Barbara Andrews? She was found strangled in a ditch. They caught her killer. He was a bus driver on the route from Merida to Cancun. I ask because if you take bus form Oaxaca to Cancun this would be on direct route (perhaps you need to switch buses?) We have a murderous bus driver on her proposed route. Could he be connected to foul play in her? He singled out Barbara as she was the last commuter on his bus ty that day and she was foreign so supposedly had $$. Hmm. Long shot I know.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Has anyone seem the thread in crimes for artist expat Barbara Andrews? She was found strangled in a ditch. They caught her killer. He was a bus driver on the route from Merida to Cancun. I ask because if you take bus form Oaxaca to Cancun this would be on direct route (perhaps you need to switch buses?) We have a murderous bus driver on her proposed route. Could he be connected to foul play in her? He singled out Barbara as she was the last commuter on his bus ty that day and she was foreign so supposedly had $$. Hmm. Long shot I know.

Thanks, ninij9 for this info. Here's the link to our WS thread for Barbara Andrews:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-74-Canadian-photojournalist-murdered-Mexico

Terrible, sad news. Poor woman. But I am amazed how swiftly the police worked to find and arrest the assailant. She was found on Friday, and the arrest came, what, something like three days later? Such a contrast to what JR has been experiencing from LE in his search.

If I were JR, I would have his PI check this driver out. It would be worth looking into this man. Who knows? JR and his PI have put all efforts in the Corona drivers, but what if they are on the wrong track? Thanks again, ninij9. I hope JR sees this (hope he monitors our board), and has his PI look into it!

Thanks, ninij9 for this info. Here's the link to our WS thread for Barbara Andrews:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-74-Canadian-photojournalist-murdered-Mexico

Terrible, sad news. Poor woman. But I am amazed how swiftly the police worked to find and arrest the assailant. She was found on Friday, and the arrest came, what, something like three days later? Such a contrast to what JR has been experiencing from LE in his search.

If I were JR, I would have his PI check this driver out. It would be worth looking into this man. Who knows? JR and his PI have put all efforts in the Corona drivers, but what if they are on the wrong track? Thanks again, ninij9. I hope JR sees this (hope he monitors our board), and has his PI look into it!
Thanks Slowpoke for linking this. I use my phone to post and cannot for the life of me figure out how to link a thread.

I think he was tracked so fast because they had a body, her route and they were quick acting.

I know what a long shot this would be. But, you never do know.

Just throwing this out there for anyone who wants to discuss and :banghead:. I don't, but I'll keep the thread supplied with JR ambiguity for anyone wanting to drive themselves crazy. :D

Someone commented on HFJ about the GPS log the other day, asking how you can tell something has been deleted, because it looks like everything else and shows data.

JR replies "The driver testified that he was driving with his family that day, the GPS information has been removed.

"Mmmmmmm...OK. How does that answer the question? Is JR saying "Because I say it's been deleted?" :dunno:

JR also says that LE has not asked for the data and says it only goes back three months.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/678768852298162/?comment_id=681804725327908&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D

I'm about to wash my hands of this case. I'm not even sure she's missing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about to wash my hands of this case. I'm not even sure she's missing anymore. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Say what!? :freakedout: That woke me up! Now don't you go pulling a JR...dropping little bombs with no explanation ("This is now a criminal investigation"). :D Let's hear what's causing you to lean in the direction that Jenny may not be missing anymore. Am I making a leap in assuming you mean that JR knows where she is? I'll even bring my scrambled brain cells back to the thread to discuss your reasoning.

:thinking:

Hehe, Lilibet. Love the use of all the funny emojis, especially the shocked face one. Seems we've all reached the point where our brains and hearts need a break from this case.

Ok, maybe one more thing I can add.

Just a summary of the different parties' views of this state in the investigation:

The transport company view Kugar, and I guess Grupo Modelo, as well: None of their drivers stopped at Lagunas crossing. Their gps records support that.

The Oaxaca police view: We interviewed the drivers, and we accept their statements and believe they were not involved by picking up Jenny. Advised JR to move investigation to Veracruz, where another truck driver reported a sighting at a toll booth. (Seems JR did check it out, but says surveillance video did not support that sighting.) JR says Oaxaca police tell of "random Chinese girl sightings throughout Southeast Mexico." (He does not believe these sightings, it is apparent.)

JR's view: One driver picked up Jenny, but another is involved in covering for him, and Kugar and Grupo Modelo are covering up for these drivers. What he sees as evidence of cover-up or untruths:
- the 2 drivers refusing to take a polygraph test
- one driver claiming the two trucks were in a convoy, where gps records do not show that to be so
- the Kugar-supplied gps record shows 8 hrs of missing data for driver JS on 4/12 (the day Jenny was picked up from Lagunas crossing)
- Kugar sold the truck that may have picked up Jenny just prior to the PI attempting to inspect it

So, what next? To Kugar, Grupo Modelo, the drivers and Oaxaca police, JR is barking up the wrong tree. They feel they did their part, and JR needs to take his search elsewhere. To JR, the parties are covering up or lying, so he is not about to take the search elsewhere. He wants press coverage, I guess he hopes this will pressure the police to polygraph the drivers and get the true gps data from the gps company.

I wonder if reporters would be reluctant to cover a story that will accuse Kugar or Grupo Modelo of covering up a crime on the word of JR/his PI. This is a serious charge against powerful companies, and would involve much research on the part of the reporter to corroborate JR's accusations. Being a journalist in Mexico has been known to be dangerous, and for the safety of their person or their families, would they want to take on such a story and risk provoking such groups?

Because think about it. No one other than JR says she's missing. He's sending us on wild goose chases with him. I don't think the trucking company has anything to do with it and that's only based on a "reliable" witness. You pay anyone enough they will say what you want to hear. Does Jenny even exist????

Slowpoke,

Thanks for the great summary! I'm glad you still have the patience to try to make sense of it all.

This rabbit hole of a case has consumed so much of everybody's time, I hate to see it all go to waste. Over the weekend, I was trying to find the image of the last WeChat conversation she had with her friend, and I got sucked into the rabbit hole again! That is a Saturday I won't get back. :gaah: JR had deleted that image (again, why....?) from the FB page, and the other FB page that had it was shut down. I searched on all images that I could find that are associated with Jenny. And I obtained an even greater distaste for her. I'm so sorry, but it's true.

JR is no better. With all his arrests and IRS liens, his poor management of the HFJ page, shutting down Jenny's FB page, immediately opening a page, UGH... But we all come here and try to help figure it out (obviously some of you have gone above and beyond!). It's hard to have sympathy, but it's especially hard to see him push people away who want to help (HFJ page - deletions/blocking people, not answering questions; and his lack of presence here). In the beginning, I really had to struggle to believe she actually was missing, and this wasn't a hoax. And I am not even completely there yet, so I thank Tracy (above) for coming out and saying it.

It's just strange that every piece of Jenny's story comes from JR. No word from her family (ok, they are in China), and no word from their friends or even JR's family. Does anybody care?? Or do they doubt this story too?

Sorry for my rambling post. Hope I don't get too blasted for it.

Slowpoke, I'll bite... I think she wasn't in the truck. I think Kruger wants to wash their hands of this, and told JR's team that the truck they suspect was involved coincidentally is the same one that was sold recently. I don't think they sold the truck because it was suspect, I think it was sold anyway. Look over there!

Better get on with my day.
My best to you all!

Because think about it. No one other than JR says she's missing. He's sending us on wild goose chases with him. I don't think the trucking company has anything to do with it and that's only based on a "reliable" witness. You pay anyone enough they will say what you want to hear. Does Jenny even exist????

Thanks Tracy. I see your point. I'm trying to figure out what the payoff for JR is for continuing this wild goose chase if it's not true...the account has stalled. Maybe he keeps hoping that each new "revelation" or "promise" from LE will bring in donations. It's not working. I do think Jenny exists, but I thought from the beginning that it was strange that the news article headlines always said that JR "claims" his wife is missing in Mexico.

Hehe, Lilibet. Love the use of all the funny emojis, especially the shocked face one. Seems we've all reached the point where our brains and hearts need a break from this case.

Ok, maybe one more thing I can add.

Just a summary of the different parties' views of this state in the investigation:

The transport company view Kugar, and I guess Grupo Modelo, as well: None of their drivers stopped at Lagunas crossing. Their gps records support that.

The Oaxaca police view: We interviewed the drivers, and we accept their statements and believe they were not involved by picking up Jenny. Advised JR to move investigation to Veracruz, where another truck driver reported a sighting at a toll booth. (Seems JR did check it out, but says surveillance video did not support that sighting.) JR says Oaxaca police tell of "random Chinese girl sightings throughout Southeast Mexico." (He does not believe these sightings, it is apparent.)

JR's view: One driver picked up Jenny, but another is involved in covering for him, and Kugar and Grupo Modelo are covering up for these drivers. What he sees as evidence of cover-up or untruths:
- the 2 drivers refusing to take a polygraph test
- one driver claiming the two trucks were in a convoy, where gps records do not show that to be so
- the Kugar-supplied gps record shows 8 hrs of missing data for driver JS on 4/12 (the day Jenny was picked up from Lagunas crossing)
- Kugar sold the truck that may have picked up Jenny just prior to the PI attempting to inspect it

So, what next? To Kugar, Grupo Modelo, the drivers and Oaxaca police, JR is barking up the wrong tree. They feel they did their part, and JR needs to take his search elsewhere. To JR, the parties are covering up or lying, so he is not about to take the search elsewhere. He wants press coverage, I guess he hopes this will pressure the police to polygraph the drivers and get the true gps data from the gps company.

I wonder if reporters would be reluctant to cover a story that will accuse Kugar or Grupo Modelo of covering up a crime on the word of JR/his PI. This is a serious charge against powerful companies, and would involve much research on the part of the reporter to corroborate JR's accusations. Being a journalist in Mexico has been known to be dangerous, and for the safety of their person or their families, would they want to take on such a story and risk provoking such groups?

Great summary, slowpoke. I would also add...
The drivers' point of view. Whether innocent or guilty, they would be fools to submit to a polygraph. I don't think a forced polygraph (if that's even legal in Mexico) would be accurate anyway. It could seem to incriminate them...and then what? Or if they pass polygraph, will JR believe it? I would expect that Kugar's or Grupo Modelo's attorneys have both questioned the drivers and advised Kugar and the drivers on their obligations and liability. No corporation wants drivers who pick up hitchhikers and harm them. It seems that either the drivers have been cleared or have quietly been fired to cover up. Are the drivers still employed by Kugar? No matter what, I don't think JR is going to get what he wants.

I agree that it could be dangerous for a journalist to dig into this story. And honestly, what journalist would want to have to deal with JR's communication style?

No blasting from me! I agree with everything you posted. 'Nuf said or I'll get in trouble.

Slowpoke,

Thanks for the great summary! I'm glad you still have the patience to try to make sense of it all.

This rabbit hole of a case has consumed so much of everybody's time, I hate to see it all go to waste. Over the weekend, I was trying to find the image of the last WeChat conversation she had with her friend, and I got sucked into the rabbit hole again! That is a Saturday I won't get back. :gaah: JR had deleted that image (again, why....?) from the FB page, and the other FB page that had it was shut down. I searched on all images that I could find that are associated with Jenny. And I obtained an even greater distaste for her. I'm so sorry, but it's true.

JR is no better. With all his arrests and IRS liens, his poor management of the HFJ page, shutting down Jenny's FB page, immediately opening a page, UGH... But we all come here and try to help figure it out (obviously some of you have gone above and beyond!). It's hard to have sympathy, but it's especially hard to see him push people away who want to help (HFJ page - deletions/blocking people, not answering questions; and his lack of presence here). In the beginning, I really had to struggle to believe she actually was missing, and this wasn't a hoax. And I am not even completely there yet, so I thank Tracy (above) for coming out and saying it.

It's just strange that every piece of Jenny's story comes from JR. No word from her family (ok, they are in China), and no word from their friends or even JR's family. Does anybody care?? Or do they doubt this story too?

Sorry for my rambling post. Hope I don't get too blasted for it.

Slowpoke, I'll bite... I think she wasn't in the truck. I think Kruger wants to wash their hands of this, and told JR's team that the truck they suspect was involved coincidentally is the same one that was sold recently. I don't think they sold the truck because it was suspect, I think it was sold anyway. Look over there!

Better get on with my day.
My best to you all!

Agree. I think Jenny decided to run away and Jr knows.

But he is using this as a way to get either a civil suit from Corona or the little go fund me money.

Just a plausible theory for now.

Did we every figure out any info about the mobile phone Jenny purchased when she arrived in Mexico and did not give any of that info to JR?

Quotes from Claudius' post:
This rabbit hole of a case has consumed so much of everybody's time, I hate to see it all go to waste.
I hear ya. I can't believe what a preoccupation I've had with this case. Isn't it something how we can obsess about people we'll never know and never would have known about had it not been for them going missing under strange circumstances?

So true. AFAIK, there has never been anyone from Jenny's family in China on the HFJ page. There has been that skiing friend, KC, commenting from time to time, and someone that could be in JR's family (same last name) I have seen once with a brief comment of support. I hope he gets a lot of support offline IRL than what we see on the HFJ page. He really needs it.

Could be. I found this link where it talks about Kugar purchasing new, modern trucks in the beginning of this year, and that the average age of its fleet is 3 years. So, it is possible it was coincidental. https://translate.google.com/transl...toso-modelo-t680-de-kenworth.html&prev=search

Snipped by me:
Great summary, slowpoke. I would also add...
I agree that it could be dangerous for a journalist to dig into this story. And honestly, what journalist would want to have to deal with JR's communication style?

Yes, he could really use help with his communications!

So, in addition to my thought in my prior post that journalists would not want to cover the story of JR's accusations of a cover-up due to the potential dangers to their safety, and your point about dealing with JR's frustrating communication style, he says the media thinks his story is "old news", so I guess they don't feel it newsworthy. (In his 26 September at 11:58 post, he said: "Despite the current attitude of the media, this is NOT old news.")

It's a sad state of affairs. It's horrible not knowing what happened to his wife, but I fear JR may have come to the point where he needs to move on with his life without her, and hope one day for a miraculous tip that leads to finding her. Her poor family in China! There will never be closure if she is not found, but I hope her family and JR can find a measure of peace in the fact that Jenny was enjoying life in the manner she wanted to enjoy it: traveling alone, facing her fears, experiencing culture on the road with the belief that people are inherently kind.

Did we every figure out any info about the mobile phone Jenny purchased when she arrived in Mexico and did not give any of that info to JR?

Lol. Nope.

Jr never ever ever. Wanted her usage of that secret phone to be unearthed. Jmo.

Because he is jumping at Corona.

But he never mentioned getting the data from his wifes burner phone provider. Jmo.

It's like he doesn't want to tell us or either find out what Jenny phone could provide.

So I agree.

Why isn't he pressing her phone provider for calls that she made or texts that she sent or received.

Or at least gps of where the phone tracked last.

Does anyone know if JR has done anything with the press release? If I were him, I would be bombarding various news organizations, relevant TV networks, shows, etc., with it -whether via email or Twitter- every day, especially with the sixth "anniversary" of Jenny's disappearance coming up in just a few days.

I just spent some time googling, looking for the press release or a current story on news sites, Twitter, etc...and I came up empty. Apparently JR is relying on the FB group to share the press release...only three have shared it so far. It seems clear that JR himself is not bombarding anyone with his press release every day in any way. Not that it would do much good, since that press release is useless to news organizations as it stands, for reasons discussed earlier. JR should know how a press release is formatted since one was released June 1, done correctly. It certainly wasn't JR who wrote it, but he could refer to it as a model or have someone help him. His assistant CN seems to have dropped out, as have others who wrote for him earlier.
http://helpfindjenny.weebly.com

Is he going to be able to rev up publicity somehow or is Jenny's story just going to fade away? As rosesfromangels said very kindly (paraphrasing)...maybe JR is doing the best he can. I suspect that is true (assuming Jenny's disappearance is real) but sadly, it's not enough.

That was always in the back of my mind from the beginning. First reports of "MSM" on Jenny missing were just local news papers or one in Erie where hie had some family or some connection like that. I don't think any reports dating back to the first time she went missing were reported to any national "MSM" news outlets. It almost seemed like he just wanted to generate a little interest and was pushing more for people to donate to the Go Fund Me page rather than state facts on her disappearance. I seem to remember early on a reporter coming forward on the HFJ page offering help.

SMH

That was always in the back of my mind from the beginning. First reports of "MSM" on Jenny missing were just local news papers or one in Erie where hie had some family or some connection like that. I don't think any reports dating back to the first time she went missing were reported to any national "MSM" news outlets. It almost seemed like he just wanted to generate a little interest and was pushing more for people to donate to the Go Fund Me page rather than state facts on her disappearance. I seem to remember early on a reporter coming forward on the HFJ page offering help.

SMH

Let us hope this is not the case, but it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. (If it did). I'm still going to hold to the positive intention motive, and a fellow not equipped to handle such a crisis. And frankly, who would be?

That being said, (and no disrespect to JR and Jenny), I can't shake off this feeling she vanished voluntarily. Everything points to an abduction and a sad demise or imprisonment of some sort or another.
But I can't shake this niggling feeling that she "ran away", and I wonder if her parents know where she is? Did she have a strong disagreement with JR before embarking on this adventure? I'm struggling with the notion that a married woman would leave her husband for this period of time to go adventuring/backpacking in a dangerous country all alone. But maybe I'm an outdated fossil and this is more common place than I think. I am open to correction there.

Were JR and Jenny contemplating a split? Is this what this "finding herself" was all about? I have no idea if this is even a possibility, but there are just too many inconsistencies and oddities in this strange saga to not explore this angle further. Again, this scenario is a long shot. The chances are much more likely the story of her getting in the truck are accurate and that she expired shortly thereafter, or is being held/used in some nefarious brothel scenario.

Speaking of brothels, if I were JR, I would have that PI looking in to the brothels in Cancun and TJ. An "exotic" like Jenny would be a desired commodity. Sadly.

Editing to add that the "Help Find Jenny" page (as some of you have already noted) has an article posted stating that Mexican officials say she was still traveling in Southern Mexico in late May......long after she lost contact with family and JR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13