Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilibet, the 21 day gratitude challenge is in her Weibo, I've actually been reading through her whole Weibo little by little, the last few days. The car accident is mentioned in one of the gratitude posts. Sometimes her page kind of gets " blocked" (??), and I can't access all of the posts. But later I can. Maybe it's the server (?). Remember to clic on the text under the profile photo as Dex mentioned :)
It feels sad to read her posts, knowing that she has been missing for a year now. I think many (not all) of the things we feel are strange to us (behavior, comments) comes down to cultural differences.
BTW, at the end of her second cycle of the gratitude challenge, there is a post called "Hi anonymous" directed to someone who has been reading her gratitude entries anonymously, and she states that she will make her next gratitude cycle private. She was planning on doing the gratitude posts for a whole year.

Dang Feronia.

Thanks. Because I never seen the gratis log that you and Lilibet were referring to. Especially about her going private to communicate with the anonymous follower.

But let me guess. Jr once again never followed up to get I.T forensics done on her accounts.

So imo. His Corona battle still feels like another agenda right about now. Jmo.

Now most spouses try to clear their name's publicly so all can move on.

But not Jr.

Because imo. He seems to be happy with the knowing that no one will take the time to actually do digital forensics on him while trying to investigate this case.

So Nancy Grace. Come on down and sink teeth into his story. Jmo.

Lilibet, the 21 day gratitude challenge is in her Weibo, I've actually been reading through her whole Weibo little by little, the last few days. The car accident is mentioned in one of the gratitude posts. Sometimes her page kind of gets " blocked" (??), and I can't access all of the posts. But later I can. Maybe it's the server (?). Remember to clic on the text under the profile photo as Dex mentioned :)
It feels sad to read her posts, knowing that she has been missing for a year now. I think many (not all) of the things we feel are strange to us (behavior, comments) comes down to cultural differences.
BTW, at the end of her second cycle of the gratitude challenge, there is a post called "Hi anonymous" directed to someone who has been reading her gratitude entries anonymously, and she states that she will make her next gratitude cycle private. She was planning on doing the gratitude posts for a whole year.

Thanks so much, Feronia. It was one click away and I forgot to do what Dex suggested before. Now I've got it. I feel like I'm getting to know Jenny better. I had only read bits and pieces people had posted before. I agree with you about the cultural differences being part of what we find strange about her. Plus, she's also just a very quirky, unusual person. I'm sure she was delightful in person.

Thank you, Dex, for the link to Jenny's weibo. Since my old computer died, I haven't been able to access her writings through my old iPad that I'm now having to use. But your link works, though it looks different. (I'm even having trouble accessing/posting on WS now, sadly. I find I have to compose my text in Notes first, otherwise I keep losing it before I finish posting! So maddening.)

I hadn't seen this post of hers before...On 12-22-2015, under "14th Day of 21 Days Challenge" Jenny sounds happy for having "conquered anxiety". So, is anxiety behind her notable statement of "learning to face fear"?

She wrote: "I have no anxiety even yesterday was not a good day. I am 99.99% sure I have conquered anxiety. See! uncertainty is not all that bad, it made me learn how to relax in the worst situation. I still remember a year ago, I was far away from being calm in any situation.*"

Funny, how just 3 days later (12-25-2015), though, she wrote the post I had found earlier that we've discussed here where she wrote: "Meditation: 10 min. i made decision about going back to visit my psychiatrist regularly ( no, I am not rich or crazy). I recognize I still can't let things come and go."

I didn't think she seemed like one who suffered from anxiety, but maybe all we've learned of Jenny's doings were her overly extreme, risky attempts to overcome this anxiety she had!

I was disappointed reading wiebo not to find when and how she made the decision to go to Mexico...suddenly she's there! I recall JR saying she decided three weeks before she left.

Impulsivity is a hallmark of a manic episode.
opinion only

I was disappointed reading wiebo not to find when and how she made the decision to go to Mexico...suddenly she's there! I recall JR saying she decided three weeks before she left.

I think her true china friend may know.

But you are right. There seems to be no travel conversations of why prior to her leaving for Mexico.

Jmo. So 1 day it's this. And the next day its that. Jmo.

Also. Her friend showed screenshots of her and Jennys basic conversations while Jenny was in Mexico.

But where the heck is Jonathans atleast 1 screenshot of 1 conversation that he had with Jenny?

So where is the love and why not share it.
Jmo.

Btw. Why take a pic by the church. But not at the last ATM machine that was supposedly out of order when Jenny supposedly used it last before going with the supposed Corona guy?

Also. Her friend showed screenshots of her and Jennys basic conversations while Jenny was in Mexico.

But where the heck is Jonathans atleast 1 screenshot of 1 conversation that he had with Jenny?

So where is the love and why not share it.
Jmo.

Btw. Why take a pic by the church. But not at the last ATM machine that was supposedly out of order when Jenny supposedly used it last before going with the supposed Corona guy?
BBM

JR said he didn't have her phone number, so I doubt they texted. I believe they communicated through FB (messages?) which he could screenshot if they still exist. I'm not sure how long they are saved. I save texts forever and my husband has them set to delete after 30 days. Perhaps there are similar options with FB. If they Skyped there wouldn't be a record I suppose.

But we never really know why JR does anything.

BBM

JR said he didn't have her phone number, so I doubt they texted. I believe they communicated through FB (messages?) which he could screenshot if they still exist. I'm not sure how long they are saved. I save texts forever and my husband has them set to delete after 30 days. Perhaps there are similar options with FB. If they Skyped there wouldn't be a record I suppose.

FB (& some other messaging apps) messages stay around for a long time (I have some dating back several years). I don't know if there's a 'delete after x days' option that can be programmed (I'm tech-challenged); I have to go delete FB conversations/messages manually.

I'm afraid I agree with many of you here that JR's attitude/communication "skills" have not helped :(. Nor has the lack of information that hasn't been filtered through him, & our inability to verify much of said info. Some of this is due to the international nature & 2 very different foreign languages involved. Some of it isn't.

It's always been hinky to me that there does not appear to be any interaction between Jenny's family & friends & JR, or at least acknowledgement of such by JR.

JMO, & all that jazz.

I wonder what happened to CN, the self-appointed guard dog on HFJ. Did she get tired of JR or did JR get tired of her? She was pretty helpful at the beginning, but I got tired of her shooting people down in a snarky way. She drove away support unless it was financial IMO.

I always wondered if she got JR connected to the PI, since she lives in Mexico. Once the PI was hired, any time anyone asked a question or made a suggestion, her usual answer was that they had a wonderful PI team and she was sure they were handling it. It was quite clear that she and/or JR really didn't want anyone asking additional questions in order to understand JR's cryptic posts. I will say for the zillionth time, JR needed a friend skilled in PR to handle the FB page.
JMO

Impulsivity is a hallmark of a manic episode.
opinion only
That's sort of what I'm seeing here. My last one (prior to receiving excellent help and medication) was a couple of years ago, and I ended a relationship, quit my job,

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

That's sort of what I'm seeing here. My last one (prior to receiving excellent help and medication) was a couple of years ago, and I ended a relationship, quit my job,

...let my dog press the reply button for me there!

Anyway, I ended a relationship, quit my job, moved back in with my parents, got a new tattoo and went from hair down to my waist to a pixie cut all in one week. I was one step away from an impulsive solo trip if I had the money.

Jenny had already spoken about anxiety. I was diagnosed with GAD, and I can see her going through the same mindset.

MOO.

I think he should be focusing his search efforts in Wenzhou, not Mexico

...let my dog press the reply button for me there!

Anyway, I ended a relationship, quit my job, moved back in with my parents, got a new tattoo and went from hair down to my waist to a pixie cut all in one week. I was one step away from an impulsive solo trip if I had the money.

Jenny had already spoken about anxiety. I was diagnosed with GAD, and I can see her going through the same mindset.

MOO.

Naughty dog. :D

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing what happen can in a manic episode from the inside and your insight on GAD. I'm glad you got help.

It sounds like you think conquering her fears in such an extreme way ties in with both the bipolar and GAD. I had always just considered bipolar as the motivator for the trip, so that's an angle I hadn't thought of. We don't know that Jenny had ever been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but it's interesting that she had been hanging out with a 75 year old friend who was hospitalized after a manic episode. She was fascinated by people with mental illness and I kind of wondered if she saw herself.

No post from JR since April 15. I wonder what's going on.

Just popping in for updates but it's very quiet ..will check back later...hoping she is found soon !!!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

No post from JR since April 15. I wonder what's going on.

Nothing, as usual. The Twitter Storm was a FAIL. The boycott of Grupo Modelo is a FAIL. What else is he going to do other then continue to harass the Mexican truck driver and his wife?

BBM

I forgot about this. I always thought that was remarkably odd, and very telling about Jenny's intentions.

Nothing, as usual. The Twitter Storm was a FAIL. The boycott of Grupo Modelo is a FAIL. What else is he going to do other then continue to harass the Mexican truck driver and his wife?
BBM

Good question! It really bothered me when he gave "permission" to "troll" the driver's page. I notice that no one has done it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...=792155557626157&comment_tracking={"tn":"R2"}

JR has unrealistic expectations about how this guy should be handled by LE. We see this happen here in the U.S. when everyone (including LE) has a pretty good idea who dunnit, but there's not enough evidence to make an arrest and take it to trial. Nothing can happen and it's very frustrating for families, but harassing the suspect is not appropriate. Neither is accusing LE of doing nothing. And honestly, we don't know what LE has or hasn't done in Jenny's case, except what JR tells us. For all we know, LE has done a good job and can't do more. I know it's Mexico, and we assume JR is accurate, but maybe it's unrealistic expectations and frustration, rather than reality doing the talking.

Does anyone really believe this guy had his future wife and her kids out on beer runs that day? That guy didn't get married until 8/2016, 4 months after Jenny disappeared.

Anyway, it might be the wrong driver. What happened to the other guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee