Found Deceased Mexico - Kevin, 41, Amy, 38, Sterling, 12, & Adrianna Sharp, 7, Tulum, 15 March 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand how a family of 4 dies on vacation if foul play isn't involved. CO poisoning maybe?

I can only think of carbon monoxide poisoning -- but this is just pure speculation on my part -- based on nothing factual.

Has anyone gone to the rental condo and looked for the family or their cell phones yet?

Having been to Tulum, I can say that many of the condos and resort properties rely on generators for power, which makes me wonder if it may in fact have been CO poisoning. Very sad.

Can Carbon monoxide poisoning happen when no heat is on?
Maybe a stupid question but does anyone know?
Can it be from AC?

Having been to Tulum, I can say that many of the condos and resort properties rely on generators for power, which makes me wonder if it may in fact have been CO poisoning. Very sad.

Do you think more people could have died as a result of that (generator) or would it affect one unit only

I'm thinking CO poisoning. Right now, with them being found in the condo, after barely arriving there and no further communication or photos on FB, it sounds like they may have perished that very first night. IMO

Yikes. Very scary.

I have been googling about Tulum for about a week now. My daughter and her boyfriend are traveling to Tulum in April. :eek:

I was very worried and googled urgently, hoping to find something to convince her it was too dangerous. But it does seem like a very safe, well traveled town.

However there is cartel violence and gang problems in certain outlying areas and there are warnings about travel at night etc.

I wonder where the condo is located?

Tulum is absolutely gorgeous- they have mayan ruins and gorgeous beach where the water is two shades of blue. Lovely, peaceful place to visit with a side of history attached.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. Keeping fingers crossed that they are found safe and sound. I cannot think of any area around Tulum that would have dangerous curves or drops where a car could go over a guard rail or something. Of course, it's been awhile since I have been there, so I might have just forgotten.

EDIT- they've been found deceased in their rented condo. Rest in peace. Heartbreaking story.

Wow I did not expect that outcome. I'm honestly surprised that they weren't found sooner.

http://www.kcci.com/article/mexican-news-source-4-americans-found-dead-in-tourist-complex/19576621

Mexican news source Noticaribe is reporting that four U.S. tourists from the same family, were found dead in a condominium of the Bahía Príncipe tourist complex in Tulum, Mexico.

https://www.bahia-principe.com/en/resorts-in-riviera-maya/resort-tulum/

Looks like a nice place.

It looks beautiful.
It seems to be a resort rather than a condo
I don't see anything listed to rent a condo on the site
Did I miss it?

In those rental condo units, do they normally have a maid service for fresh towels and linens daily?

Whoa - we stayed there 2 years ago during spring break. We had a hotel room but they are all laid out in little buildings like condos and a tram goes throughout the resort to take people to the different areas. The place is *huge* and you can travel within the different parts of the overall resort. This whole thing is very, very odd. Would they not describe a murder/suicide as "foul play?" Not saying this is what happened but I can't think of anything else beyond some strange type of accidental poisoning.

Prayers to all the loved ones left behind and I hope they are all resting in peace together.
Just so sad.

Whoa - we stayed there 2 years ago during spring break. We had a hotel room but they are all laid out in little buildings like condos and a tram goes throughout the resort to take people to the different areas. The place is *huge* and you can travel within the different parts of the overall resort. This whole thing is very, very odd. Would they not describe a murder/suicide as "foul play?" Not saying this is what happened but I can't think of anything else beyond some strange type of accidental poisoning.

So, is there maid service daily?

Oh no. How awful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Oh no. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads