MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the parents, a manhunt was activated. They even had helicopter assistance from boarder patrol.

11:05pm they were alerted to the parents. They were in an art studio within the building. They were taken into custody around 1:30am.

All 3 are in the jail, but then are segregated in isolation. They have advance watch on them. No indication that any of them are suicidal but out of an abundance of caution, they are on suicide watch.

Sheriff believes they were assisted to get into the location. When done gathering information, they will bring it to the prosecutor for aiding and abetting or obstruction of justice.

U.S Marshall: Wants to thank the Sheriff's office. The team down in Detroit did a phenomenal job identifying the vehicle and getting these two into custody.

Q: Did he parents say anything? Sheriff won't talk about it because it'll become part of the evidence.

Q: Crumbly attorneys said that it's a miscommunication and they were going to turn themselves in, is there truth to this? Once the warrant was in hand, we looked for them. They could have turned themselves in. We also had communication that they didn't have contact with their attorneys. Given that they were hiding they were hiding in a warehouse in Detroit, it raises my eyebrows.

Q. Why were they in Detroit? That's the question. We don't know.

Q. Can you give clarity as to know that they were "hiding" - When the tip came in, they were spooked and pretty much ran away. I think where they were, and how they were, seems to support the position they were hiding and not looking for surrendering.

Q. What are the criminal ramifications for the people that helped them? We don't have charges at this point, but it's part of the investigation. Any applicable charges is the prosecutors decision. We have enough early indications that someone let them into the location and made it available to them and it was after it was publicly announced there were warrants.

Q. Do you know where they were between Rochester and Detroit? The last time we saw them in person was when we executed search warrants of the home with regard to Ethan and the school shooting.

Q. Do they get to talk to their son in jail? No talking, no communication, in isolation. We segregate genders, and ages.

Q. Does the person who call 911 get the reward? If that person did come forward and give their name, they may be entitled to that reward.

Q. Couldn't hear the questions - checking on them multiple times an hour.

Q. Can you describe the mental state? We have nothing to leave us to believe that anyone has any mental health challenges.

Q. Are they facing additional charges? They were in a state of distress, can you talk about that? Additional charges - that will be determined by the prosecutor. But it lends to the original charge - if no culpability, why were they there? As to distress - we don't' want to go into that.

Q. Prosecutor didn't let you know ahead of time, was your department caught off guard with these charges? We had some disconnect.

Q. Did Ethan know that his parents were charged, and what has his reaction been? He hasn't said anything, none of them are communicating with any extent to us. he wouldn't have been made aware since he's in isolation.

Q. Does he know that his parents are in custody? My guess is no.

Q. Since he's under 16, is there an education program he will be attending? Our first priority is to get him to trial and his represented. We also have covid limitations and we limit those that come into the jail.

Q. Will there be an investigation into the schools behavior? Everything will be under investigation and every tidbit will go to the prosecutor.

Q. Are any school officials are under investigation? The situation is, and if there is someone in that process or timeline triggers criminality, that will be up to the prosecutor.

Q. Regards to the person in Detroit, is there any indication of the relationship? yes, but we aren't giving that info out yet.

Q. They said they weren't harmed, but was the $4K found on them? I don't have the inventory sheet so I can't answer that.

Q. Ethan explained the drawing was designing a video game, what did the counselor see? I'd have to check to see. Ethan scratched over some areas.

Q. The attorneys for the parents said that the info is cherry-picked/slanted, does the info released so far depict a fair representation of what happened? That is the picture and we will be filling it in, and i believe it's accurate.

Q. Superintendent asked to release some video, will that happen? No, that is evidence and given to the prosecutor.

Q. Any estimate how long you will process the crime scene? They were done about 5:30 the day after.

No plan to move any of them. If they post bond, they will be released.

Q. For the deputies who responded, how are they doing? They are trained to go to the gunfire or the sound of the chaos, because if they stop more people can be killed. It's an unnatural act to pass a child either hurt or in terror. This is what they did, and as a result, there were some 18 unexpended rounds. There could have been 18 more kids that they saved. They are struggling in a big way. I told them it's not weakness to get help or ask for help. They will never be the same. We are going to do everything we can to help them, to try to process it and move forward in a healthy way. We are inundated with threats - at the vigil, at the memorial.

Q. Can yo talk about the threats? And the person who fainted/collapse? There was non verified threats, but there was a very heavy presence. Our helicopter was there. When the person fainted, people screamed and everyone was scared. If you make a threat, and it's investigated and its not credible, we will find you and prosecute you under the law. It's not funny, it's a crime.

Thank you for this summary - you are excellent at this!

Q. Yesterday we heard a lot of details about the relationship between the parents and Ethan, have you found any evidence in the home that this was going ot happen? I won't get specific, but we have clear evidence that this was premeditated and he was looking forward to it.

Wonder what that could be?

This makes a lot more sense to me now. No admin. in the meeting, who, imo, are typically quicker to give out more extreme consequences. I wonder how experienced the counselor was. I suspect they believed the danger was the shooter harming himself. But being at a shooting range should have tipped the balance to not sending him back to class. Horrible mistake.
And also from the press conference EC said that the drawing was for a video game which I could see someone buying… I believe it was a horrible mistake too.

Q. Yesterday we heard a lot of details about the relationship between the parents and Ethan, have you found any evidence in the home that this was going ot happen? I won't get specific, but we have clear evidence that this was premeditated and he was looking forward to it.
As for evidence that this was a premeditated act, additional searching turned up msm reports that fully support the claim (my bolding):

According to [Oakland County Lieutenant] Willis, police discovered "a video made by him the night before the incident wherein he talked about shooting and killing students the next day at Oxford High School."

Willis continued, "Further, a journal was recovered from Ethan's backpack also detailing his desire to shoot up a school to include murdering students."

Videos found on Ethan Crumbley's phone "horrendously disturbing," Oakland Co. Sheriff says

And more:

Police said they were unaware of any warning signs, but some parents and students said they had heard rumors before Tuesday that something bad might happen at the school.

Earlier this month, Oxford schools published a note to parents that it was aware that "numerous rumors" had "circulated throughout our building this week," and the school was reviewing the concerns.

Some parents later said, even before the shooting, rumors had been circulating that a school shooting was going to happen, and some students even said that they had decided not to attend.

Robin Redding, the parent of a 12th grader, told the Associated Press that there had been rumblings of trouble at the school.

“He was not in school today," she said. "He just said that 'Ma I don’t feel comfortable. None of the kids that we go to school with are going today.' "

Jody Job, chair of the Oakland County Democratic Party and a candidate for the state house in 2020, said her son didn’t go to school Tuesday because "he felt like something was going to go down."

“I think there was just a level of discomfort with some of the students," she said. "I don't know what they're communicating to each other. That's a whole other world I'm not a part of."
Oxford High School shooting leaves 4 dead, 7 injured

And more:

Crumbley was struggling in school when his mom wrote a blog post in 2016 called “Dear Mr. Trump” shortly after the 2016 election. She addressed multiple political concerns, including common core learning.

She wrote:
You see Mr. Trump, I need you to stop common core. My son struggles daily, and my teachers tell me they hate teaching it but the HAVE to. Their pay depends on these stupid *advertiser censored***** test scores. I have to pay for a Tutor, why? Because I can’t figure out 4th grade math. I used to be good at math. I can’t afford a Tutor, in fact I sacrifice car insurance to make sure my son gets a good education and hopefully succeeds in life. My parents teach at a school where their kids come from illegal immigrant parents. Most of their parents are locked up. They don’t care about learning and threaten to kill my mom for caring about their grades. Do you realize Mr. Trump that they get free tutors, free tablets from our Government so they can succeed. Why cant my son get those things, do we as hard working Americans not deserve that too?
Ethan Crumbley: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Lots of red flags waving IMO.

This is interesting.

After reading all the posts I mulled on the idea of the drawing.
I concluded - either EC was in desperate need of help - NOT schizophrenia (too young), but possibly a psychotic episode or drug related psychosis manifesting in hearing voices telling him to act out instructions.

OR.

The drawing was a goading, mocking, malevolent and sinister act designed as a threat. Part of his fantasy. And possibly 'pretending' to be mentally ill.

I now conclude the latter.

JMO MOO

And also from the press conference EC said that the drawing was for a video game which I could see someone buying… I believe it was a horrible mistake too.
This could have been his story to everyone. He was covering his real life plan with creating a video game. What if he was telling his parents the same thing? I really could see this being believable too. He's not been in trouble in the past, it really is hard to fathom him being a killer before the events that happened that day. I still trying to wrap my head around this! IMO

I wonder if the threats circulating around with students were directly related to EC. I have not heard that detail as of yet. The video EC made the day before - I have to assume it was not posted or shared.
Good question. If they were related to EC then he had to have been talking to someone. JMO

This could have been his story to everyone. He was covering his real life plan with creating a video game. What if he was telling his parents the same thing? I really could see this being believable too. He's not been in trouble in the past, it really is hard to fathom him being a killer before the events that happened that day. I still trying to wrap my head around this! IMO
I suspect the parents have been covering up this boy's actions for a long time now.The comment from his mom about the bullets seems to suggest that.

Good question. If they were related to EC then he had to have been talking to someone. JMO
But also, if he was talking about it, why wasn’t the school (and LE) made aware? It says students and parents knew of rumors circulating. If they involved EC, that counselor would have had a key piece of knowledge to put together with the others.

I could see a counselor with little experience possibly buying this giving him the benefit of the doubt. But as a (parent?)/person who just bought him a weapon, practiced shooting with him and got a call from the school the day before that he was online shopping ammunition???

Even if an unexperienced counselor, if it were me, I would hope I gave the benefit to the other 1600 students who deserved a chance at life, rather than be concerned with upsetting one family.

"LOL, just don't get caught" Theses people are nuts

I’m a gun owner and I just can’t get past the fact that they bought their 15 year old son a handgun for Christmas! Who buys a 15 year old a handgun? I could go with a BB gun or a shotgun maybe for target practice or skeet shooting. But a handgun? Why?
Especially when your kid is clearly troubled. Parents were delusional. Kid even LOOKS like he has something wrong with him. He's probably needed help for YEARS and the parents wouldn't believe it.

I wonder if the threats circulating around with students were directly related to EC. I have not heard that detail as of yet. The video EC made the day before - I have to assume it was not posted or shared.
I think the videos were shared in his social media:

His social media accounts were allegedly studded with menacing posts, including a photo of the handgun he used in his rampage and an apparent countdown warning: “Now I become death – destroyer of worlds – see you tomorrow Oxford.”
Ethan Crumbley: Red flags raised before Michigan school shooting spark scrutiny

But also, if he was talking about it, why wasn’t the school (and LE) made aware? It says students and parents knew of rumors circulating. If they involved EC, that counselor would have had a key piece of knowledge to put together with the others.

I don't know how it works across the pond, but here a counselor would have to keep an open mind on any kind of rumour. It would be up to the pupil to divulge any info to the counselor, that's if the pupil agrees to seeing the counselor in the first place - ie - cannot be forced to go to counselling, it must be voluntary.

Something tells me it was too late for this kid, he'd already reached the point of no return. Seems like he needed the counselling sooner IMO but when you have (uber permissive and indulgent) parenting thinking their kid is OK and don't have the insight or emotional intelligence themselves, that's when problems arise.

JMO

Last edited:
I think the videos were shared in his social media:

His social media accounts were allegedly studded with menacing posts, including a photo of the handgun he used in his rampage and an apparent countdown warning: “Now I become death – destroyer of worlds – see you tomorrow Oxford.”
Ethan Crumbley: Red flags raised before Michigan school shooting spark scrutiny
It is unbelievable to me that no one reported these posts to the school. I am confident that in my kids’ schools, this would have gone to the SRO and LE would have investigated those posts.

I could see a counselor with little experience possibly buying this giving him the benefit of the doubt. But as a (parent?)/person who just bought him a weapon, practiced shooting with him and got a call from the school the day before that he was online shopping ammunition???

Even if an unexperienced counselor, if it were me, I would hope I gave the benefit to the other 1600 students who deserved a chance at life, rather than be concerned with upsetting one family.

"LOL, just don't get caught" Theses people are nuts

Going to be very difficult to explain buying your 15 year old a gun, that you've bragged about it on social media, when it's illegal.

I have never shopped for ammo, so I just looked on a website to see what parameters are in place for buying it online.

Found this disclaimer:

upload_2021-12-4_17-12-43.png

But the website is wide open, you can look at all of it without having to sign in or answer any questions. If he was buying it online he would have had to use one of his parents credit cards and their names. Makes me wonder what was in the packages the neighbor picked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight