MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kristin Esq. Along with the others, thank you so much for the transcript. I was watching Court TV awaiting this and they didn't seem to be concerned with it, just the Movie Popcorn Trial. So thanks to WS giving a link (thanks to anyone that posted one).
I am also wondering who is feeding his jail account.

Whew, there is a lot more to this case than I was even thinking before. It seems EC has more going on than just seeing ghosts and poor parents.

I thought that I was going to be on the side of sending him to the children's place but now I'm not sure. After that speech at the end with the things about torture and journal writings, also about his thirst for attention (good or bad) after being put in jail, this is going south. The "blaming the parents" defense is fading.

I am throwing this out there because I think it's an important issue - All this about EC having hallucinations - he could have engineered it all knowing that cell and computer communications are one of the first things law enforcement looks at.

Thanks to Kristin Esq. and her excellent report, we just learned a ton about who EC really is... A planner with forethought enough to write and journal before the school shooting itself - and how he wanted to live after the crime to revel in the misery he caused. As well as hearing about true sadist tendencies - the part about the bird "screaming" was particularly awful.

He wanted to be famous!!

That is evil... Pure, undiluted evil.

I say he absolutely needs to stay in the jail facility, but have access to some educational service. In my district, we provide a very minimum 60 minutes per week of direct teaching (could be provided by ZOOM) with supplies provided - textbooks, etc. Assignments are collected once a week and credited. This might be what needs to be done to meet that requirement.

This offender does not belong with other kids at all.

Again, huge props to Kristin Esq.

Last edited:
@Kristin Esq. Along with the others, thank you so much for the transcript. I was watching Court TV awaiting this and they didn't seem to be concerned with it, just the Movie Popcorn Trial. So thanks to WS giving a link (thanks to anyone that posted one).
I am also wondering who is feeding his jail account.

Whew, there is a lot more to this case than I was even thinking before. It seems EC has more going on than just seeing ghosts and poor parents.

I thought that I was going to be on the side of sending him to the children's place but now I'm not sure. After that speech at the end with the things about torture and journal writings, also about his thirst for attention (good or bad) after being put in jail, this is going south. The "blaming the parents" defense is fading.

RBBM

I'm feeling exactly the opposite after his attorney's claims that he had asked his parents about therapy and they did nothing. Other than buying him a gun.

moo

School shooting suspect allegedly asked jail: 'How do I get my fan mail?'

"He asked in jail, 'How do I get my fan mail? How do I get my hate mail?' He wants that notoriety," Assistant Oakland Prosecutor Kelly Collins argued in court Tuesday, alleging the teenager also communicates with the outside world through a tablet, telling them things like: "My court date is Feb. 22. Maybe you can watch me on TV."

Age: evidence will show that despite his age he discussed topics and interest beyond that of a 15 year old. He outlined a plan to stalk, rape, and torture and kill a female classmate. He wrote about the joy he felt when he killed the birds. He wrote his admiration for Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer. He said he would surrender so that he can witness the pain and suffering he caused.

Thank you, @Kristin Esq. for all your hard work.

Did we know this before, that EC had a plan to stalk, rape, torture and kill a female classmate? I personally can't recall it, but maybe it's been brought up and I missed it.

I know EC has been thoroughly neglected by his parents, but the fact is we know he is capable of violence because he committed violence. He appears to be reveling in his notoriety, very much enjoying getting fan mail from those creepy jail stalker types.

IMO he belongs in jail. Then to be convicted of Murder One and sent to prison.

For a Youth Professional to need only a HS diploma, be 21 and not a felon sounds to me like very sub-par requisites. No training in how to handle/counsel violent kids?
I think that should be rectified, although I know it's difficult to find qualified people.

But again, IMO, Ethan is not fit to be around troubled kids.

IMO EC needs to stay at the prison. A second cousin of mine committed a gruesome act of murder when he was around 15 years of age, around the 1970’s. He too heard voices and was violent to animals. He was found guilty by reason of insanity. He was institutionalized where he remains today.

I think this murdering young man has been playing lots of games of cat and mouse---with his parents, with his friend, and now with his jailers. He apparently likes to see animals and people squirm.

I do think he has heard voices and had hallucinations. I also believe that he was cold and calculating. His question about his fans is telling. He has probably been enamored of serial killers for awhile but he was also scared of them. All the while, he was getting lost in and excited by his fantasies of power, dominance, and torture.

The prosecution was incredibly wise today. The most impactful part of this hearing was all of the things he has been doing/not doing while in custody which was brilliantly linked to a video, texts and diaries written before he committed his crimes. The evidence presented today was all about conditions and what his needs are. In the closing, she dropped new little tidbits of that allow the public to see his soul (or, lack there of) at the finish line. I don't think a judge could release him into the juvenile facility even if he was inclined to do so. She put the court, the defense and the community on notice about how twisted and concerning he was and is currently. With a thinking process of trying to be adored and his clear prior intent to do bad actions beyond the killings at the school, releasing him among vulnerable teens would be too risky. All within a small closing that the prosecutor asked for as if it was nothing........

I think this murdering young man has been playing lots of games of cat and mouse---with his parents, with his friend, and now with his jailers. He apparently likes to see animals and people squirm.

I do think he has heard voices and had hallucinations. I also believe that he was cold and calculating. His question about his fans is telling. He has probably been enamored of serial killers for awhile but he was also scared of them. All the while, he was getting lost in and excited by his fantasies of power, dominance, and torture.

The prosecution was incredibly wise today. The most impactful part of this hearing was all of the things he has been doing/not doing while in custody which was brilliantly linked to a video, texts and diaries written before he committed his crimes. The evidence presented today was all about conditions and what his needs are. In the closing, she dropped new little tidbits of that allow the public to see his soul (or, lack there of) at the finish line. I don't think a judge could release him into the juvenile facility even if he was inclined to do so. She put the court, the defense and the community on notice about how twisted and concerning he was and is currently. With a thinking process of trying to be adored and his clear prior intent to do bad actions beyond the killings at the school, releasing him among vulnerable teens would be too risky. All within a small closing that the prosecutor asked for as if it was nothing........
Bravo well stated.

A mass murderer of his peers - I can't imagine that EC would be too popular in Children's Village. Sounds like more than a few of the CV residents are no strangers to violence - HIS safety at CV might be a concern ...

EC should absolutely be kept at the county jail ... why mess with success and tempt fate?

She put the court, the defense and the community on notice about how twisted and concerning he was and is currently. With a thinking process of trying to be adored and his clear prior intent to do bad actions beyond the killings at the school, releasing him among vulnerable teens would be too risky. All within a small closing that the prosecutor asked for as if it was nothing........

Exactly. I would be surprised if the judge would take a chance on putting EC in the children’s place and him committing another heinous crime and that coming back on the court. This case is bound to get worse. I doubt the judge wants to throw himself in the mix.

He was asking for help one last time with the drawing made in class, IMO. At one point he had asked his parents for help.
I think he is evil but not 100%.

He must have had hopes and dreams once. Something, probably online, influenced him in his teenage years. I hope something can be done about whichever harmful websites/people are found in his usage history.

His parents still have to be held responsible for their role, for not helping him, for giving him a deadly weapon.

He doesn't belong around other juveniles, for their safety.

He needs to be allowed to sleep in a dark room, though, for his own sanity, for the safety of those who have to work with/near him. Lights on 24/7, could his lawyers call that unusual/cruel?
All MOO.

Prosecutors fight to keep Michigan school shooting suspect, 15, in adult jail (nbcnews.com)

The teenager's lawyers say he's been receiving fan email from women, and that if he was in a juvenile facility such communication would be supervised better.

The 15-year-old accused in the deadly mass shooting at his suburban Detroit high school in November should be kept in adult jail as he awaits trial, prosecutors said Tuesday.

Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor Kelly Collins said during a hearing about the teenager's confinement that he's demonstrated he can be calculating, has a desire to be remembered for his alleged crimes, and enjoys the notoriety the case has brought him, including email from women.

"How to do I get my fan mail, how do I get my hate mail"? he has said, according to Collins.

He has "a deeper and more calculated mind than any other 15-year-old," she argued in court...

Report about Children's Village from December 16, 2021. Article focuses on youth who have made threats to schools and are detained at the Oakland County facility. Includes video with Heather Calcaterra who testified at yesterday's hearing regarding Ethan's placement.

Inside Oakland County's Children's Village (fox2detroit.com)

No video games, no cell phones, no social media, life in secure detention inside Oakland County's Children's Village is vastly different from what kids are used to.

And if students understood that, they might think twice before making school threats - which is the quickest way to end up there.

"This is the Sally Port for Children’s Village secured detention area," said Heather Calcaterra.

It is also the first stop for kids in Oakland County arrested for making a threat against a school...

"And they will be secured in handcuffs and sometimes foot shackles," she added.

Last edited:
Thank you, @Kristin Esq. for all your hard work.

Did we know this before, that EC had a plan to stalk, rape, torture and kill a female classmate? I personally can't recall it, but maybe it's been brought up and I missed it.

I know EC has been thoroughly neglected by his parents, but the fact is we know he is capable of violence because he committed violence. He appears to be reveling in his notoriety, very much enjoying getting fan mail from those creepy jail stalker types.

IMO he belongs in jail. Then to be convicted of Murder One and sent to prison.

For a Youth Professional to need only a HS diploma, be 21 and not a felon sounds to me like very sub-par requisites. No training in how to handle/counsel violent kids?
I think that should be rectified, although I know it's difficult to find qualified people.

But again, IMO, Ethan is not fit to be around troubled kids.

I don't think we knew about the stalking and raping of a female classmate. It was definitely the first time I'd heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper