GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pleased and relieved with EC's guilty plea. As was said above, remorse from a school shooter is a rare thing and I believe he is actually remorseful.

Oh how I wish his parents had been more parental. I wish they'd never gotten him that gun, never left it unsecured when they knew he was struggling. Taken him home that day as requested. Sought mental health help for him.

I hope they are prosecuted for their actions and inactions to the fullest. I have blamed them more for what happened than I have EC frankly. Not that I don't hold him responsible. He knew what he was doing was wrong and made choice to do it anyway. No amount of remorse can undo that. But his parents, I feel are more culpable. They had or should have had control of him and more importantly the weapon he used. They had ample opportunity to stop this before it ever happened. They couldn't be bothered. period. I hope they will be bothered now via justice for as harsh a penalty as possible.

Last edited:
I meant to include this article with my post about EC's guardian ad litem, but it was too late to edit.

The court has appointed a guardian for accused Oxford High School shooter Ethan Crumbley, a move experts say is important to both protect a defendant's rights and to make sure someone can be held responsible for their actions when being tried as an adult, as Crumbley is.

District Judge Nancy Carniak appointed Deborah McKelvy to be Crumbley's guardian on Friday, according to the 52/3 District Court in Oakland County. Reached by phone by The Detroit News on Monday, she said she was not commenting on the case. But she spoke Monday during a brief hearing for Crumbley.

She advocated for Crumbley to be moved from the Oakland County Jail to a facility for other youth. He could hear adult inmates, she said, which is a violation of laws that require that those younger than age 18 be kept out of sight and sound of adult prisoners when in detention...
I remember not being impressed by her in court. She seemed to be in position of advocating for something she didn't really feel was appropriate in this case - moving EC to juvenile detention. I hope her guidance to EC was well-documented, including video-documented interviews & proper clinical assessments. Other than the judge, who would review her involvement & decision-making?
MOO

Last edited:

I've been watching this hearing, but the sound is too low to hear what's being said. Can't hear the attorneys or the witness.

Under questioning by the defense, Peterson said she had no evidence the Crumbleys saw writings or text messages in which their son hinted at violence.

Neglectful parents aren't looking for hints or noticing concerning behavior....they are spending their evenings with their horses & other interests, ignoring their son's texts that he is actively hallucinating.

His parents were aware close to the time of the crime that he was drawing bullets in class & his drawings concerned his teachers. I think they had 15 years to pay attention and were well-practiced in doing the opposite. Why did they really buy him a gun?

JMO

JMO I think they should give him life he testifies against his parents. If not then the death penalty.

EC said he gave his dad money for gun.
I thought there were texts about the gun being an early Xmas present .

JMO I think they should give him life he testifies against his parents. If not then the death penalty.
Michigan does not have the death penalty. Strictest sentence is Life in Prison without Parole (LWOP).

History of Death Penalty

Only 13 executions were carried out in Michigan’s history, just 6 of which occurred after Michigan officially became a territory in 1805. The only execution carried out in Michigan after it gained statehood was the federal execution (outside state jurisdiction) of Anthony Chebatoris in 1938. The death penalty has been constitutionally banned in Michigan since 1963. Michigan

Last edited:
Michigan does not have the death penalty. Strictest sentence is Life in Prison without Parole (LWOP).

History of Death Penalty

Only 13 executions were carried out in Michigan’s history, just 6 of which occurred after Michigan officially became a territory in 1805. The only execution carried out in Michigan after it gained statehood was the federal execution (outside state jurisdiction) of Anthony Chebatoris in 1938. The death penalty has been constitutionally banned in Michigan since 1963. Michigan
I was just wondering about that. Thank you .

Detroit — Prosecutors said they'll seek a life sentence with no chance for parole for a 16-year-old boy who killed four fellow students at a Michigan school and pleaded guilty to murder and terrorism.

They disclosed their plans in a court filing Monday, three weeks after Ethan Crumbley, 16, withdrew a possible insanity defense and acknowledged the shooting at Oxford High School in November 2021.

A first-degree murder conviction typically brings an automatic life prison sentence in Michigan. But teenagers are entitled to a hearing where their lawyer can raise mental health and other issues and argue for a shorter term...

DETROIT – Prosecutors said they'll seek a life sentence with no chance for parole for a 16-year-old boy who killed four fellow students at a Michigan school and pleaded guilty to murder and terrorism.

They disclosed their plans in a court filing Monday, three weeks after Ethan Crumbley, 16, withdrew a possible insanity defense and acknowledged the shooting at Oxford High School in November 2021.

A first-degree murder conviction typically brings an automatic life prison sentence in Michigan. But teenagers are entitled to a hearing where their lawyer can raise mental health and other issues and argue for a shorter term.

Crumbley pleaded guilty to all 24 charges. The sentencing process is scheduled to start in February...

Even if MI still had the death penalty, juveniles (those under 18) are not eligible to undergo that punishment.

Offenders under the age of 18 are exempt from the death penalty. Developments in brain science have renewed debate about whether young adults should also be excluded.
------------------------------------------------------

Juveniles | Death Penalty Information Cente

Even if he weren't under 18, I think they would still seek life after Nikolas Cruz. MOO.

Oxford — A parent whose daughter died in the Nov. 30 Oxford High shooting is suing the state of Michigan and the Michigan State Police for allegedly not following up on “highly disturbing” reports filed by parents and students to officials leading up to the shooting.

At issue is the OK2SAY school safety program, a state police hotline in which tips of concerns are made and passed on to appropriate parties to investigate. State police officials are supposed to assess for risk and later report how the matters were resolved.

Attorney Michael Pitt said he has so far been unable to determine if that was ever done and that his requests for information from the Michigan State Police have not prompted sufficient response.

Pitt represents Oxford parent Steve St. Juliana, whose 14-year-old daughter, Hana, was one of four students fatally shot inside the school. Madisyn Baldwin, 17; Tate Myre, 16; and Justin Shilling, 17, were also killed. Pitt also represents St. Juliana in a federal lawsuit against the school and its employees...

The Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office has not, and will not, offer sentence agreements or deals to the convicted Oxford High School shooter who admitted to murdering four students, officials affirmed Tuesday.

The prosecutor’s office on Monday, Nov. 14, filed a motion to request the harshest sentence possible for Ethan Crumbley, 16, who admitted to fatally shooting four students and injuring seven other people on Nov. 30, 2021, at Oxford High School. Prosecutors have asked the court to sentence Crumbley to life in prison without the chance for parole.

Though Crumbley was charged as an adult with 24 felonies, he is still considered a minor, so a Miller hearing will commence before an official sentencing hearing, in which the judge will consider the shooter’s age and how it factors into sentencing. That hearing is scheduled to take place next February...

Oxford school officials are relinquishing school board control over planning for a permanent memorial to the Nov. 30 school shooting and handing it over to the community.

But one victim's father says the district is again failing to step up and take responsibility for a permanent memorial which he says should be on school grounds but created with collaboration from victims' families.

On Nov. 10, the Oxford Board of Education announced it would "step back" and turn control of a permanent memorial over to the community after a subcommittee spent months debating the issue with no action.

Six days later, on Wednesday, the district issued a statement that said by Tuesday next week, the board will determine a point person in the district to work with community members and will "support the memorial committee throughout the process, providing resources and input as needed. Our school community will have the biggest say in the how, where, and when a memorial is constructed."...

Oxford school officials are relinquishing school board control over planning for a permanent memorial to the Nov. 30 school shooting and handing it over to the community.

But one victim's father says the district is again failing to step up and take responsibility for a permanent memorial which he says should be on school grounds but created with collaboration from victims' families.

On Nov. 10, the Oxford Board of Education announced it would "step back" and turn control of a permanent memorial over to the community after a subcommittee spent months debating the issue with no action.

Six days later, on Wednesday, the district issued a statement that said by Tuesday next week, the board will determine a point person in the district to work with community members and will "support the memorial committee throughout the process, providing resources and input as needed. Our school community will have the biggest say in the how, where, and when a memorial is constructed."...

Thanks for keeping this thread updated. You said your from the area, I'm glad your getting new information posted whenever it comes out.

What is the most recent news about the parents' trail date?

And could you link me to their Court Dockets? A link to the Court that has their Court Dockets? I read a past post that said their Case was moved to a different Court now? Something like that, a bit Confusing.

Be nice to be able to see the Court Dockets for all 3 of them.

Thank you again for any information.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads