GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fallout continues...

Oxford Community Schools Superintendent Ken Weaver announced his resignation Tuesday night saying he has been placed on a medical leave through next year.

Weaver, who has not been at the last two school board meetings, said his medical leave begins on Wednesday and his resignation would be effective Feb. 21, 2023...

O/T - Related.
..."As we near the one-year remembrance of the Oxford High School tragedy on Nov. 30 our hearts continue to be with those in our community and across the county who have been impacted," Bouchard said. "We want our primary focus to be on supporting our community through this difficult period of remembrance. Unfortunately, we are also faced with the reality that after a major school tragedy, copycat threats occur at an exponential rate."

The video comes almost exactly one year after the mass shooting at Oxford High School in which a 15-year-old gunman killed four of his peers. Since then, there has been an increase in school threats across Metro Detroit...

The fallout continues...

Oxford Community Schools Superintendent Ken Weaver announced his resignation Tuesday night saying he has been placed on a medical leave through next year.

Weaver, who has not been at the last two school board meetings, said his medical leave begins on Wednesday and his resignation would be effective Feb. 21, 2023...
Bugs me how people can go on medical leaves with plans to resign… obviously he will be getting paid until he resigns.

The fallout continues...

Most people don't resign before they go on medical leave, they go on FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act) and they may decide at the end of their leave that they don't plan on returning. Resigning in advance of medical leave seems odd.

Bugs me how people can go on medical leaves with plans to resign… obviously he will be getting paid until he resigns.
I guess being up front about his plans not to return to his position will help the school board start planning for his successor, so that is maybe why he announced his resignation now, rather than in February 2023. I've had several colleagues over the course of my career who went on medical leave (FMLA) near the end of their pregancies but didn't let anyone know they weren't planning to return when their FMLA ended. Of course, they aren't required to do so, but if they know with certainty that they don't plan to return, I guess they could make that known for planning purposes of the employer.

I guess being up front about his plans not to return to his position will help the school board start planning for his successor, so that is maybe why he announced his resignation now, rather than in February 2023. I've had several colleagues over the course of my career who went on medical leave (FMLA) near the end of their pregancies but didn't let anyone know they weren't planning to return when their FMLA ended. Of course, they aren't required to do so, but if they know with certainty that they don't plan to return, I guess they could make that known for planning purposes of the employer.
I see your point. :)

A judge overseeing the trial of the parents of the Oxford High School shooter has denied a motion by prosecutors seeking to admit as evidence testimony from two experts on mass shootings.

Jennifer and James Crumbley, parents of Ethan Crumbley, each are charged with involuntary manslaughter for their alleged roles in the deaths of four Oxford students who were killed in the shooting: Madisyn Baldwin, Tate Myre, Hana St. Juliana and Justin Shilling.

Their son, Ethan Crumbley, on Oct. 24 pleaded guilty to 24 criminal charges related to the Nov. 30 rampage that left four students dead and injured seven other people. He told a judge he obtained the weapon by giving his father the money to buy the gun and that it wasn't locked the day of the shooting...

I watched some of the testimony of the two "experts" and was not impressed with either of them. Mostly psychobabble that had nothing to do with this case. I doubt that a jury would find either of these experts credible; I wouldn't. JMO

Last edited:
A lawyer representing two former Oxford school board members said Sunday his clients are coming forward Monday with allegations that Oxford Community Schools officials never implemented school safety policies and procedures before the Nov. 30 attack at Oxford High School.

Attorney William Seikaly said former Oxford board President Tom Donnelly and former Treasurer Korey Bailey first told the allegations on Sunday to families of victims of the attack — four students were killed and seven others injured in the gun rampage at Oxford High School — before they will make their statements public on Monday at a news conference.

"It's mainly what should have been done that may well have avoided the shooting and was never implemented. Policies and procedures ... related to school safety," Seikaly said...

"What they are doing is coming forward with information they were told they could not reveal to the public. They are coming clean. They are whistleblowers," Seiklay said...

OXFORD, Mich. – Two former Oxford school board members are expected to speak about the deadly high school shooting on Monday.

Former Oxford school board President Tom Donnelly and treasurer Korey Bailey both resigned from the school board in September of this year.

They met with victims’ families on Sunday. They have scheduled a news conference for 1 p.m. Monday and are expected to speak about the shooting...

When I first glanced at this article, I couldn't figure out why Ethan Crumbley's picture was attached to an article about the Buffalo hate crime shooting.

Other than the beard, they could be brothers as far as similar looks, imo.

Oxford Community Schools had staff trained on threat assessment practices outside the district, but never established teams or used any of the tools designed to avoid school violence before the Nov. 30 attack, two former board members alleged on Monday.

Oxford board President Tom Donnelly and former Treasurer Korey Bailey made the accusation on Monday, saying they both began to research school safety measures in the months after the shooting and learned the district didn't follow policies it had in place that could have prevented the attack that killed four students at Oxford High School.

"We found there was training outside the district but no evidence teams were created and policies practiced," Donnelly said.

Bailey said the district failed to implement the training and the results were fatal. Four students were killed in the attack: Madisyn Baldwin; Tate Myre; Hana St. Juliana; and Justin Shilling. Seven others were injured...

Oxford Community Schools had staff trained on threat assessment practices outside the district, but never established teams or used any of the tools designed to avoid school violence before the Nov. 30 attack, two former board members alleged on Monday.

Oxford board President Tom Donnelly and former Treasurer Korey Bailey made the accusation on Monday, saying they both began to research school safety measures in the months after the shooting and learned the district didn't follow policies it had in place that could have prevented the attack that killed four students at Oxford High School.

"We found there was training outside the district but no evidence teams were created and policies practiced," Donnelly said.

Bailey said the district failed to implement the training and the results were fatal. Four students were killed in the attack: Madisyn Baldwin; Tate Myre; Hana St. Juliana; and Justin Shilling. Seven others were injured...

Thank goodness that these folks are coming forward to reveal what I and many others suspected....there was some information about the choices/training/standard practices of school officials that played into the outcome. It has always been so clear that they had not created effective policies and training for their staff.

Sad and tragic about the deaths. Even sadder and more tragic that there are people who might have prevented the killing of these innocents and didn't perform to their training.

The Michigan Supreme Court on Tuesday sent the involuntary manslaughter case of the parents of accused Oxford High shooter Ethan Crumbley back to the Court of Appeals to consider whether there was sufficient evidence for James and Jennifer Crumbley to stand trial.

The Michigan Court of Appeals in September rejected the appeal filed by attorneys for James and Jennifer Crumbley that requested a stay on their case and for some evidence, including their son’s journals and text messages, be considered inadmissible in the case against them in Oakland Circuit Court.

Tuesday's order, filed a day before the one-year anniversary of the Oxford school massacre that killed four high school students, will delay the parents' trial in January...

OXFORD, Mich. – A couple of ex-Oxford Community School board members gathered on Monday afternoon to speak about the prevention policies and third-party review involved with the investigation of the Oxford High School shooting.

...Former Oxford school board President Tom Donnelly and treasurer Korey Bailey resigned from the school board in September of this year. Superintendent Ken Weaver announced he is currently on medical leave and will be resigning on Feb. 21, 2023, according to the Associated Press.

During the conference on Monday, Donnelly and Bailey spoke about what they believe the general public needs to know about the district’s policy on the prevention of a school shooting and what is happening with the third-party review of the faculty that handled the red flags leading up to the tragic event. During the beginning of the conference, Donnelly kept asking, “Who works for who?”...

Keegan Gregory knew he needed to be strong, even if flashbacks of the Oxford High School shooting have stopped him cold during the day and forced him from his bed at night to pace the house.

In the months following the tragedy he witnessed with his own eyes, the 16-year-old with wavy brown hair has focused on building a life and physique that prepared him to move forward. He found routines gave him order, peace, calm.

First, he found a job, saved money for a car and opened a bank account. Next, he turned to powerlifting and healthier eating to fill his hours and keep his mind occupied. Working out at the gym became the antidote to a bad day; chicken and rice became dinner. No birthday cake — too much sugar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder