MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but I believe the phone call was actually made by her.
I do too. Just not sure where she was when she made it.

My other thought is.....was there actually a call made at all? Could someone from down state have called the police saying they just received a call from her and she was in danger. Police arrive, find evidence of foul play and all of her belongings including cell phone. They quickly realize no call was made from her phone, but don’t want 911 caller to know that so they keep it in the news That way. I hope that made sense. Lol.

My other thought is.....was there actually a call made at all? Could someone from down state have called the police saying they just received a call from her and she was in danger. Police arrive, find evidence of foul play and all of her belongings including cell phone. They quickly realize no call was made from her phone, but don’t want 911 caller to know that so they keep it in the news That way. I hope that made sense. Lol.

Yes, makes sense. That's what I meant when I said maybe the boyfriend is the "friend" the call was made to. "Made to"....as in no call was actually made.....

Yes, makes sense. That's what I meant when I said maybe the boyfriend is the "friend" the call was made to. "Made to"....as in no call was actually made.....
Well, that wouldn't be a smart move at all. Police are going to check phone records and there should be a call from her phone to his phone. If not, the jig is up.

Long time reader, first time poster, former LEO...

I have family very close to the cabin, and in the surrounding area. I spent many summers there. The terrain is very dense, marsh/swamp, but the sandy soil would make tracking pretty easy, if she'd left on foot. The frustrating lack of detail or confirmation on several points seems troubling. I read all the posts, the FB threads, and MSM articles. Lots unanswered.

Signs of foul play, is a very vague statement.

Was oft-mentioned call from a cell or landline? Confirmed on both ends?
Person allegedly called thoroughly checked out? If not, then any cell activity or contacts between the time BF left and LE arrived, are important, unlike someone above's dismissal. Asked for "Help", again, almost useless.

All vehicles accounted for? Pets? Electronics? Weapons?

A FB poster mentioned an alleged domestic incident nearby, with vehicle description.
Another FB post from seemingly local, mentioned Animal Control, a gunshot.

Northern MI has become a large market for drug sales, and the specific area is private enough for grow operations. Any history for victim, BF, Ex, son, of troubles?

It would take an almost complete imbecile to pull a stunt
like that.

Having said that, there's plenty of proof that these moronic criminal types do exist.

There are numerous examples here on WS of cases where electronic/cell phone evidence pounded the proverbial nails in an evil creep's coffin.

It's possible, that the call itself was an elaborate ruse.
Possible, but unlikely.

Occam says the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

I agree with both @Elliot_Alderson and William of Occam:
The overwhelming odds are here that AQ made the call to her friend herself.

Wish we knew what she said to her friend on the phone.

JMO.

Last edited:
It would take an almost complete imbecile to pull a stunt
like that.

Having said that, there's plenty of proof that these moronic criminal types do exist.

There are numerous examples here on WS of cases where electronic/cell phone evidence pounded the proverbial nails in an evil creep's coffin.

It's possible, that the call itself was an elaborate ruse.
Possible, but unlikely.

Occam says the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

I agree with both @Elliot_Alderson and William of Occam:
The overwhelming odds are here that AQ made the call to her friend herself.

Wish we knew what she said to her friend on the phone.

JMO.

See, my thing is that if the contact from the phone was sent via text, I could definitely get behind someone pulling the okey-doke and pretending to be her. The fact that it was an actual phone call that took place along with the fact that LE has put it out there leads me to believe it's completely on the up and up. MOO

....or maybe HE is the "friend?"

Maybe, but a call was actually made to 911 and if it was him he’d have to disguise his voice. It wouldve been easier to go home, try to get ahold of her via calling/texting etc and then file a missing persons report. Calling in an emergency seems like an unnecessary amount of work paired with a high probability of getting caught once police dig more into the call, your phone records, etc

Is the cabin on the main road or is it set back and hard to find? I wonder if AQ awoke to some kind of trouble, possibly a stranger trying to enter her residence. Maybe she didn't call 911 because she was trying to remain quite and couldn't afford to give complicated directions. So she calls a friend and tells them simply to call 911 and send help to the cabin?

Long time reader, first time poster, former LEO...

I have family very close to the cabin, and in the surrounding area. I spent many summers there. The terrain is very dense, marsh/swamp, but the sandy soil would make tracking pretty easy, if she'd left on foot. The frustrating lack of detail or confirmation on several points seems troubling. I read all the posts, the FB threads, and MSM articles. Lots unanswered.

Signs of foul play, is a very vague statement.

Was oft-mentioned call from a cell or landline? Confirmed on both ends?
Person allegedly called thoroughly checked out? If not, then any cell activity or contacts between the time BF left and LE arrived, are important, unlike someone above's dismissal. Asked for "Help", again, almost useless.

All vehicles accounted for? Pets? Electronics? Weapons?

A FB poster mentioned an alleged domestic incident nearby, with vehicle description.
Another FB post from seemingly local, mentioned Animal Control, a gunshot.

Northern MI has become a large market for drug sales, and the specific area is private enough for grow operations. Any history for victim, BF, Ex, son, of troubles?
Welcome! Great questions. As you know the area I’m curious, are there many roads in and out of the area? I wouldn’t image so. The reason I ask is because 13 minutes is so quick from call to her disappearing and cops arriving, so I’m curious if the LEOs would have likely passed a car on the way to the cabin, and if so, if they would be able to get any images from dashboard cam. I can’t imagine it’s very highly populated so seeing someone out driving at that time might have sparked their interest..?

Anyone else reading some of the other sites that are talking about this? Some interesting information on who she actually called. What happened during that call. Unfortunately none of it is actually backed up with links so no idea if any of it is true.

Anyone else reading some of the other sites that are talking about this? Some interesting information on who she actually called. What happened during that call. Unfortunately none of it is actually backed up with links so no idea if any of it is true.
Thanks for the heads up. Interesting comments on this media fb post (no links but the source of info is given): UpNorthLive

Last edited:
The rumors would correspond with LE searching within a half mile of the house. Unfortunately, if she was taken, she could be anywhere. I wonder if there is any history of drug use: could the situation she called someone for help about have been imagined?

October 23, 2019
Police suspect foul play in disappearance of Southfield woman in northern Michigan

[...]

Sheriff Ted Schendel said Wednesday that he couldn't release specific details on the signs of foul play that investigators found as they try to determine what happened to 47-year-old Adrienne Quintal, who went by the first name of Ada.

He called her boyfriend a "subject of interest" and said investigators have talked with him and family. Schendel said no one is in custody or being held in the case.

Schendel said Quintal was at a family cottage in the Honor area, about 20 miles southwest of Traverse City, for rest and relaxation, family told authorities.

[...]

He said he didn't know why Quintal didn't call 911. He said her friend was the last person to hear from her. Schendel said authorities are trying to put "the pieces of the puzzle together."

Schendel said "we don't believe she's here anymore," adding that other agencies are looking for her downstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214