MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me. Lets take a ride down memory lane, shall we?

Utterly randoms asides, anyone here happen to know any pixie sized women who don't have huge personalities or possess strong opinions?
Little bodies... big mouths... Hmm.

If I am not mistaken, Nikki & Ally are similar in stature & physique. It ought go without saying they might share clothing as well as shopping circuits for same; wouldn't Nikki wonder whether bringing up an assortment of unworn garments with tags beg the perusal of these... or that public scrutiny of such may provide opportunity to examine their nature & probable matronly fit?

It's no great secret young women borrow their mothers' attire (in liu of siblings) or the fights that arise from these average attempts to accessorize one's way into maturity...

Might it not go the other way around, either?

Mom borrows Ally's wardrobe or, *ahem* more appropriately, credit card...

Combatmedic2121 casually commented that Ally 'was recently working on improving her credit'...

Frequently I've seen children share accounts with elders to improve this...

In absentia of circumstances one may merely conjecture how...

Yet Ally in financial straits, strapped 'was planning a trip' according to Nikki (odd choice regarding a runner, imo) while most of us on leave take vacations...

Poor Nikki, she needs someone to listen... her closest confidante is no longer & clearly Franz is no great participant to the almighty art of debate.

There's no arguing with certain things though...

Like your husbands' shotgun...

But oops.

I didn't say that... did I?

Little body, big mouth is a complete stereotype. And a very unfair assessment of someone who can no longer speak for themselves. As far as I knew, victim shaming isn’t allowed here.

Who said Ally was in financial straits? I believe it was said earlier she worked contingent, working 2 sometimes 3 days a week. 12 hour shifts. At $45 an hour. Even two days pay, not considering shift differential that is standard at most hospitals is a gross of $1080 per week. Hardly financial straits or being in dire circumstances, as you have stated.

Why is a trip odd for a runner?! The majority of people enjoy taking trips, whether they’re runners or couch potatoes.

Little body, big mouth is a complete stereotype. And a very unfair assessment of someone who can no longer speak for themselves. As far as I knew, victim shaming isn’t allowed here.

Who said Ally was in financial straits? I believe it was said earlier she worked contingent, working 2 sometimes 3 days a week. 12 hour shifts. At $45 an hour. Even two days pay, not considering shift differential that is standard at most hospitals is a gross of $1080 per week. Hardly financial straits or being in dire circumstances, as you have stated.

Why is a trip odd for a runner?! The majority of people enjoy taking trips, whether they’re runners or couch potatoes.

Nothing strange about the shopping spree, either. Here in Michigan, summer apparel generally goes on sale after 4th of July. Clearance on summer attire to make way for back-to-school and fall clothing. If Ally was going to Florida, she would have benefited from major sales and clearances on warm-weather attire.

Seems to me that Ally's major expense might have been college tuition, but she was doing at least some on-line courses that don't cost as much as campus classes. Given her work schedule, Ally was likely only a part-time student, taking a class or two each semester. I'm sure she planned and budgeted for her college courses.

This is my understanding, also. She made very good money for one person, Maybe Ally wanted to improve her credit for reasons other than debt accrual. She was not out on her own for long (assuming she lived with her parents until moving in with Combatmedic), she may have used credit cards ... but for what? I have heard of no big expenses. Perhaps she financed her car? Clothes ... was she known to spend wildly? Did she always carry a balance and paid just the minumum? Were any utilities, rent, etc. paid in her name? Very easy to not have a great credit rating if you pay only in cash. There is nothing to base it on, is my understanding. The credit rating does not bother me in the least at this time.

Many people, particularly with a strong background from other countries, do not say “vacation” ... I have heard them use trip, holiday, jaunt, and probably others. No red flag for me here, either. Indon;t inderstand why a runner would be any different.

ETA ... thank you, BDE. I did forget her tuition expenses.

I know a thimble full about this case compared to the rest of you, so take that in to consideration with my comments please.

First, I think it's *so helpful* that there is a verified person posting on this thread. A sincere thank you to them for being here and posting. And thank you to everyone for showing our verified person the respect and consideration they deserve for being here and helping us with our research and speculations. This is what makes WS a cut above the rest, and why I participate.

Back to my last post.
In addition to what *type* of bullets were used in this tragic murder, I am interested in knowing if the Victim was shot at close range, or from a distance? Did all shots land within a close range on her body? I want to determine if this was a skilled shooter...perhaps someone with special skill.

I don’t believe we have those details. LE has never released that info, unfortunately.

Do these individuals know that they are being quoted? Do they realize that their text messages have been shared on this public forum? Did they give permission for private conversations, texts, etc. to be posted on Websleuths? :thinking:

May I also add, that all of the messages besides Nikki’s were Facebook messages. That in itself shows a lack of a personable relationship between those involved in the conversation. At least, in my opinion.

And another thing to keep in mind, a person can program any name in their phone and say it’s whoever they want. I’m not in any way saying that’s happened. I’m just pointing out that the credibility of screenshots of messages is not concrete.

Comparable to reading a daily mail article.

I don’t believe we have those details. LE has never released that info, unfortunately.

The police mentioned "evidence found at the crime scene" as part of their theory that Ally knew her killer. I think we can infer that she wasn't shot from an especially great distance. Since the shooter only hit her with one shot out of four, the shooter was probably either unskilled or too enraged to take aim carefully.

The police mentioned "evidence found at the crime scene" as part of their theory that Ally knew her killer. I think we can infer that she wasn't shot from an especially great distance. Since the shooter only hit her with one shot out of four, the shooter was probably either unskilled or too enraged to take aim carefully.

I first though they were possibly unskilled but lately, I tend to lean towards enraged. But that’s just my opinion. The shooter may have had shooting skill, but maybe they weren’t very comfortable with that particular weapon. I don’t know...I wish more details would be released.

Thank you. This is an incredibly important detail. 1 out of 4 shots fired hit her.
Let me dwell on this.

Thank you. This is an incredibly important detail. 1 out of 4 shots fired hit her.
Let me dwell on this.

But she had multiple wounds from the one shot that hit her and her organs were damaged so severely she was unable to be an organ donor. To me that indicates, the ammunition used was shotgun shells versus slugs.

But she had multiple wounds from the one shot that hit her and her organs were damaged so severely she was unable to be an organ donor. To me that indicates, the ammunition used was shotgun shells versus slugs.

Sounds like hollow point

I think Ally was hit from a distance. I think that Ally started to run away from the perpetrator
and I think that the killer did not yet hold a loaded gun. It may have taken 10-20 seconds
to get the gun (and perhaps load it). By that time, she could be 50 yards away. The killer
had to shoot a moving target, so he could have missed even if he is a good shooter.

Of course, all speculation.

I think Ally was hit from a distance. I think that Ally started to run away from the perpetrator
and I think that the killer did not yet hold a loaded gun. It may have taken 10-20 seconds
to get the gun (and perhaps load it). By that time, she could be 50 yards away. The killer
had to shoot a moving target, so he could have missed even if he is a good shooter.

Of course, all speculation.

Plausible. Was she wearing earphones and was there an indication they were still on her at time of shooting? The wound patterns will indicate range and trajectory.

It’s hard to hit a moving target, even if it’s moving in a predictable manner.
Just ask a *hunter*, someone trained in *weaponry*, or both.

I first though they were possibly unskilled but lately, I tend to lean towards enraged. But that’s just my opinion. The shooter may have had shooting skill, but maybe they weren’t very comfortable with that particular weapon. I don’t know...I wish more details would be released.

I've never fired a shotgun, but I have to imagine that it would be pretty difficult to do while chasing after someone. If the shooter had actually stopped, dropped to one knee, planted the shotgun stock against his or her shoulder, aimed, and fired, one shot out of four would be unbelievably bad.

I envision someone running with a pump-action shotgun and just pumping and firing without even looking through the sights.

I've never fired a shotgun, but I have to imagine that it would be pretty difficult to do while chasing after someone. If the shooter had actually stopped, dropped to one knee, planted the shotgun stock against his or her shoulder, aimed, and fired, one shot out of four would be unbelievably bad.

I envision someone running with a pump-action shotgun and just pumping and firing without even looking through the sights.

I have the same thoughts-someone pretty much shooting wildly. I don’t know very much about guns in general though.

Most shotguns (any I have seen) have pellets (generall look like BB’s) inside the casing that spread out when released (a lot of smaller projectiles). A single large projectile can be used, called a “slug” would leave a single larger hole, but I don’t recall my relative/friends using those.

It seems to me That unless the shotgun was already loaded, Ally would have heard it being racked (assuming she was not looking) and started to run. JMO

If I am not mistaken , aren’t shotguns used by military? If so, when a person leaves Service, do they get to keep their weapon(s)? I had a couple relatives who did, but do not know if that still occurs.

https://gizmodo.com/whats-inside-a-shotgun-shell-and-why-1694115293
A shotgun shell can achieve anything from lightly peppering a clay target at close range to taking down a deer at 35 yards.

the above article tells about the different “shot” and shows a lic of the inside ingredients.

The following article is a good review for the basics of shotguns, nothing too technical for those of us who don’t understand much about rifles/guns/etc:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/14/home-defense-shotgun-myths-and-reality/
[FONT=&quot]To accurately put down a threat, you need to hold the shotgun at your shoulder and point down the barrel at the target. You actually have to aim your shotgun. Aiming in shotgun terms means pointing the barrel at the exact thing you want to shoot. You can’t just hold it at your waist and pull the trigger.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] A 20-gauge shotgun has taken many deer and put many bad people in the ground, so never discount it as an effective tool[/FONT]

Plausible. Was she wearing earphones and was there an indication they were still on her at time of shooting? The wound patterns will indicate range and trajectory.

It’s hard to hit a moving target, even if it’s moving in a predictable manner.
Just ask a *hunter*, someone trained in *weaponry*, or both.

She usually took her cellphone, but had left it home because of rain that day (according to her mother). Nothing to indicate she had a walkman or other device with her, although she apparently often ran with headphones on.

Sounds like hollow point

I may be wrong, but aren’t these (hollow points) usually referred to as “bullets” ? I don’t believe they are enclosed in a paper type casing as shotgun shells.

hollow point: http://gunbelts.com/blog/all-about-hollow-point-bullets/
]
attachment.php

shotgun shell: google search
attachment.php

Attachments

• A4929786-F779-4267-BF33-18BAC64B12A0.jpeg
    A4929786-F779-4267-BF33-18BAC64B12A0.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 9332EB59-CB36-49D2-B43A-39C19B57CA4D.jpg
    9332EB59-CB36-49D2-B43A-39C19B57CA4D.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 131
Most shotguns (any I have seen) have pellets (generall look like BB’s) inside the casing that spread out when released (a lot of smaller projectiles). A single large projectile can be used, called a “slug” would leave a single larger hole, but I don’t recall my relative/friends using those.

It seems to me That unless the shotgun was already loaded, Ally would have heard it being racked (assuming she was not looking) and started to run. JMO

If I am not mistaken , aren’t shotguns used by military? If so, when a person leaves Service, do they get to keep their weapon(s)? I had a couple relatives who did, but do not know if that still occurs.

https://gizmodo.com/whats-inside-a-shotgun-shell-and-why-1694115293
A shotgun shell can achieve anything from lightly peppering a clay target at close range to taking down a deer at 35 yards.

the above article tells about the different “shot” and shows a lic of the inside ingredients.

The following article is a good review for the basics of shotguns, nothing too technical for those of us who don’t understand much about rifles/guns/etc:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/14/home-defense-shotgun-myths-and-reality/
[FONT=&quot]To accurately put down a threat, you need to hold the shotgun at your shoulder and point down the barrel at the target. You actually have to aim your shotgun. Aiming in shotgun terms means pointing the barrel at the exact thing you want to shoot. You can’t just hold it at your waist and pull the trigger.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] A 20-gauge shotgun has taken many deer and put many bad people in the ground, so never discount it as an effective tool[/FONT]

A break action single or double barrel shotgun or simi auto doesn’t need to be racked once it’s loaded.

US service members do not get to keep their service weapons after discharge from the armed forces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member