MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A break action single or double barrel shotgun doesn’t need to be racked once it’s loaded.

US service members do not get to keep their service weapons after discharge from the armed forces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, keeleydoll!

So if it was already loaded, it did not need to be racked, correct?

Does it need to be racked for each shot?

Do we know how close the shooter was to her? What type ammo in shotgun? Do we know she was hit 1 out of 4 times from neighbors hearing ? Or from 4 empty shotgun shells on ground. If 4 shots , I'm assuming that means reload once? And last shot of 4 killed her?

Certainly doesn't sound like it was someone trained in firearms. Doesn't seem like it would have been carefully planned, bc if so, a shotgun would not be best choice of weapon.

IMO , seems like spur of the moment , loss of impulse control, intense anger.

Do fingerprints get burned off shotgun shell casings when fired ? Did killer pick up the 4 casings? .

Obviously, not a long gun owner here.

JMOO on all above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Are you suspecting a serial killer is possible? I’ve seen no indication of that yet.

The little I have read on the thread, it seems the focus is either on the BF or father. I would encourage the speculation beyond those to random, etc.

All I can tell you, Hazelnutty, is Mixhigan Statw Police said they found 4 shotgun casings at the scene; onky one shot hit her.

early reports said she was shot 4 times, but corrected to say she was hit once.

I’d like to work backwards, starting with the bullets/shells.
The type will lead us to common usage which will lead us to the profile of the user, and use cases.

Any additional info we can find about the bullets/shells should lead us to the Perp.

All I can tell you, Hazelnutty, is Mixhigan Statw Police said they found 4 shotgun casings at the scene; onky one shot hit her.

early reports said she was shot 4 times, but corrected to say she was hit once.
Did they specifically say *shotgun shells*?

The little I have read on the thread, it seems the focus is either on the BF or father. I would encourage the speculation beyond those to random, etc.

I tend to agree with the random person thought. I also live in a rural area and there are plenty of ill tempered hunters, ranchers and the sort. If they came speeding down the road she was running on or drove to close or kicked up dirt in her face and she got verbally aggressive about it, I can see an altercation happening. They pull a gun and it escalates. She runs away and they end up shooting. Since the vehicle in question hasn’t been linked to BF or Dad I think this is a possibility.

As far as the moms behavior. Even if the dad isn’t guilty she may have feared the strained relationship between her daughter and husband would be a focus so she went unnecessarily into overdrive making sure he seemed innocent.

Thanks, keeleydoll!

So if it was already loaded, it did not need to be racked, correct?

Does it need to be racked for each shot?

Right, single shots and simi autos do not need to be racked.

Did they specifically say *shotgun shells*?

[FONT=&amp]yes, they did:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[FONT=&amp]
Michigan State Police say they found [/FONT][FONT=&amp]four shotgun casings[/FONT][FONT=&amp] at the scene. Only one of those shots hit Ally. She was shot in the back, presumably as she was trying to run away from her killer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/investigations/new-clues-emerge-in-case-of-metro-detroit-nurse-murdered-while-jogging

ETA:

[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Local and state police scoured the crime scene and surrounding neighborhood for any clues, witnesses and evidence they could find. And they can tell almost immediately that Ally had been shot from behind with a shotgun.[/FONT]
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03...gunned-down-while-jogging-on-rural-dirt-road/

Do we know how close the shooter was to her? What type ammo in shotgun? Do we know she was hit 1 out of 4 times from neighbors hearing ? Or from 4 empty shotgun shells on ground. If 4 shots , I'm assuming that means reload once? And last shot of 4 killed her?

Certainly doesn't sound like it was someone trained in firearms. Doesn't seem like it would have been carefully planned, bc if so, a shotgun would not be best choice of weapon.

IMO , seems like spur of the moment , loss of impulse control, intense anger.

Do fingerprints get burned off shotgun shell casings when fired ? Did killer pick up the 4 casings? .

Obviously, not a long gun owner here.

JMOO on all above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

We use shotguns to hunt waterfowl specifically because with the spread of the pellets it’s harder to miss a moving target. Also easier to hit a moving target if you practice skeet shooting.

Also, the 3 round restriction is only for hunting federally regulated migratory birds. Simi auto shotguns can hold up to 16 rounds.

Other scenarios:
-maybe ally was abducted while running and managed to get out of the car, only to be shot while running away
-maybe two perps--driver and passenger. Passenger shot from window. Casings could be at the street.

Do we know where the casings were found? A thrill kill or random is still possible, IMHO. What could have given police the indication that Ally knew her killer?

Other scenarios:
-maybe ally was abducted while running and managed to get out of the car, only to be shot while running away
-maybe two perps--driver and passenger. Passenger shot from window. Casings could be at the street.

Do we know where the casings were found? A thrill kill or random is still possible, IMHO. What could have given police the indication that Ally knew her killer?

I swear that I was thinking the same thing -- a version of your Scenario 1 -- about an hour ago (even PM'd someone on it)...despite all the seeming chaos around the inner circle, maybe it really was a crime of opportunity (or her runs were noticed/she was targeted)... because LE not finding the vehicle seems significant.

We have (on the thread) talked about/given ideas on why LE made the statement about them suspecting she knew her killer, but we just don't know, because that's all LE said.

I'm all over the place on my leanings on this case! Hope nobody notices that...Lol:blushing:

Other scenarios:

It could have been random, but weren't the cops looking for a particular pair of sandals? That makes it seem like there must have been footprints left by the perp, so I don't think he or she fired from the car.

It could have been random, but weren't the cops looking for a particular pair of sandals? That makes it seem like there must have been footprints left by the perp, so I don't think he or she fired from the car.

Do we know this from any media or LE source? I only remember that the VI mentioned a previous boyfriend who was arrested (and cleared/released) allegedly was shown a video of a man in sandals and was asked if he recognized him. Can we verify that somehow?

Do we know this from any media or LE source? I only remember that the VI mentioned a previous boyfriend who was arrested (and cleared/released) allegedly was shown a video of a man in sandals and was asked if he recognized him. Can we verify that somehow?

I found an article:
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/suspect-in-murder-of-holly-jogger-says-he-is-innocent
[FONT=&quot]Perigo was told investigators were looking for any evidence that may link him to the murder, including a pair of sandals surveillance images show the suspect they believe was wearing at the time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He kept asking me questions and showing me pictures," he said. "I said that's not me, I don't wear sandals.[/FONT]

Sandals? WhoTH goes shooting in sandals?

I found an article:
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/suspect-in-murder-of-holly-jogger-says-he-is-innocent
[FONT=&quot]Perigo was told investigators were looking for any evidence that may link him to the murder, including a pair of sandals surveillance images show the suspect they believe was wearing at the time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He kept asking me questions and showing me pictures," he said. "I said that's not me, I don't wear sandals.[/FONT]

I wonder whether the surveillance images are good enough to show whether the feet are a man's or a woman's.

Sandals? WhoTH goes shooting in sandals?

I can only theorize, but perhaps someone who was trying to track Ally down to talk to her and knew where she ran at. Is it possible she was avoiding someone? Or got into a disagreement with someone the day, days, or weeks before and then she wouldn’t answer their calls? Just some ideas.

Someone wearing sandals to shoot someone tells me a) that’s not what they originally came in contact with Ally For b) maybe this person had gun in their car because they were planning on going hunting or had been hunting and the gun then became a weapon of opportunity.

Maybe a crime of passion?

LE said they believed Ally was familiar with her killer. Is it possible this person approached her hoping to talk, she stopped for a moment when a car she didn’t recognize stopped where she was at and when she saw who it was she brushed them off and continued on her run?

Just some ideas. And only my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member